HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Mouse Droppings Found in Herndon Restaurant
Posted by: Ratatouille ()
Date: May 09, 2013 10:13AM

Restaurant Inspections: Mouse Droppings Found in Herndon Restaurant
The latest health, cleanliness inspections in or near Herndon.
http://herndon.patch.com/articles/restaurant-inspections-mouse-droppings-found-in-herndon-restaurant

Inspectors from the Virginia Department of Health Visited several restaurants in or near Herndon this week. See a sampling of those results below, and visit the health department's website for a complete list of recent inspections.

Charlie Chiang's Restaurant
13059 Worldgate Drive
Date of inspections: April 29
Six critical, 13 non-critical violations
Harborage conditions exist. Observed that surfaces around the cooking equipment was not clean and full of grease. Also, observed mice droppings on cans in the dry storage area. Note: Reviewed monthly pest control service records and recommended the manager to maintain and clean the equipment and storage area.

Thali Express
332 Elden St.
Date of inspections: April 29
11 critical, nine non-critical violations
The following refrigerated, ready-to-eat, potentially hazardous food that is prepared on site is not used or discarded within 24 hours of preparation and was not observed to be date marked: observed no date marking on several items.

Herndon Tutti Frutti
2465 Centreville Road ##J-20
Date of inspections: April 26
One critical violation, three non-critical violations
There is no test kit located in the facility for monitoring the concentration of the chemical sanitizing solutions.

"Ideally, an operation would have no critical violations, or none which are not corrected immediately and not repeated. In our experience, it is unrealistic to expect that a complex, full-service food operation can routinely avoid any violations," according to department of health website.

The site continues: "Keep in mind that any inspection report is a 'snapshot' of the day and time of the inspection. On any given day, a restaurant could have fewer or more violations than noted in the report. An inspection conducted on any given day may not be representative of the overall, long term cleanliness of an establishment."

Full reports can be accessed on the Health Department's website.

•A core item "usually relates to general sanitation, operational controls, sanitation standard operating procedures (SSOPs), facilities or structures, equipment design, or general maintenance."

•A priority item is "a provision in this Code whose application contributes directly to the elimination, prevention or reduction to an acceptable level, hazards associated with foodborne illness or injury and there is no other provision that more directly controls the hazard," and "includes items with a quantifiable measure to show control of hazards such as cooking, reheating, cooling, handwashing."

•A priority foundation item "includes an item that requires the purposeful incorporation of specific actions, equipment or procedures by industry management to attain control of risk factors that contribute to foodborne illness or injury such as personnel training, infrastructure or necessary equipment, HACCP plans, documentation or record keeping, and labeling."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mouse Droppings Found in Herndon Restaurant
Posted by: Stuart Little ()
Date: May 09, 2013 11:04AM

I'm not surprised by the two chinese restaurants.

Posted by: exterminator ()
Date: May 09, 2013 11:08AM

I keep telling you rednecks, it's not just ethnic restaurants that are filthy.

After 20 years of serving restaurant kitchens, I can assure you that all, repeat ALL restaurant kitchens would gag a fucking maggot.

Posted by: Jimmie Russell ()
Date: May 09, 2013 11:19AM

So what.

At least it's not in the food.

Posted by: Stuart Little ()
Date: May 09, 2013 11:29AM

Jimmie Russell Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So what.
>
> At least it's not in the food.

How do we know the mice aren't in the food?

Today's special:
Attachments:
h0F75FE6A.jpg

Posted by: LetsRock ()
Date: May 09, 2013 12:13PM

I was in "Curry and Kabob" in Herndon one evening and saw a mouse run across the floor while I was in line picking up my order.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: May 09, 2013 12:26PM

LetsRock Wrote:
> I was in "Curry and Kabob" in Herndon one evening
> and saw a mouse run across the floor while I was
> in line picking up my order.

HA!!!
and yet you took that order home, didnt you?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2013 12:26PM by Gordon Blvd.

Posted by: Comfort Food ()
Date: May 09, 2013 12:31PM

LetsRock Wrote:
> I was in "Curry and Kabob" in Herndon one evening
> and saw a mouse run across the floor while I was
> in line picking up my order.

Meh.

You haven't lived til you visit an outdoor "restuarant" anywhere outside The States. After a week or two of delightful (and that IS "no kidding") dining you get used to mice, dogs, cats running/prowling/begging around and anything related to them present all around the ground. When you come back here you'll just say "Meh" w.r.t. mouse droppings anywhere.

That is to say, IMHO the Health Department - and probably ALL such Health Departments - have taken the idea of what is or is not "healthy" beyond a necessary limit. Maybe the people who run these places never let their kids sit in the grass putting whatever they find into their mouths or something.

BTW - in two separate homes "mouse droppings" were the ONLY sign we had that there were home invaders present - put out the traps overnight and reap the rewards the next morning...still not clear HOW the mice got into the house - we THINK they came in through a DINKY opening around a wall spigot.

Come to think of it, I remember seeing some REALLY big gray rats trachcan diving while walking across the local University campus...no, not squirrels.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: May 09, 2013 12:46PM

@comfort - I wouldnt rank on the Health Dept - they arent doing anything but submitting reports to the public, is all. None of these places are getting any sort or punishment other than the Mgr of the Charlie Chain's getting told that maybe he/she should fucking do their JOB every once in a while LoLz.............................

but yeah,it's really just all the Wille Nillies of Fairfax County who believe and expect the backroom of every retail environment to resemble something like Nirvana going all crazy about reports like this, y'know?

Posted by: Fieval ()
Date: May 09, 2013 03:02PM

I wonder how much for extra mouse tails?

Posted by: Comfort Food ()
Date: May 09, 2013 03:21PM

Fieval Wrote:
> I wonder how much for extra mouse tails?

I once had a dish made from duck tongues...interesting, and fun!

On a more serious note, I'd imagine a dish made from mouse tails to be somewhat crunchy, sort of like one made from slivers of pig ears.

Posted by: Ivy Bigbee ()
Date: May 09, 2013 03:44PM

Good to know, I will avoid these places like the plague.

Posted by: Negroponte ()
Date: May 09, 2013 11:48PM

I once ordered a salad at the Glory Days Grill in Burke and my waiter Derek brought me a dime bag.

Posted by: Joseph Biden ()
Date: May 10, 2013 12:13AM

Was your salad also tossed?

Posted by: Bryan Green ()
Date: May 10, 2013 07:31AM

Ugh. Charlie Chiang's was our favorite chinese place to order from. I sent my wife a link to this article and she's horrified. We have some leftovers at home and she's already said they're going in the trash. It's a shame. I like their food. :(

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.