HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Genghis Grill
Posted by: Ginghis ()
Date: May 02, 2013 10:49PM

Anyone tried Genghis Grill?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Genghis Grill
Posted by: 0tter ()
Date: May 02, 2013 11:07PM

Yes, slightly confusing at first but the food is good.

Posted by: JelloBoy ()
Date: May 03, 2013 12:09AM

Agreed, a bit confusing at first. I like the fact you can choose everything you put in your bowl. For firt timers: Heap the food into that first bowl--don't skimp. After cooking, it all goes into a larger bowl that's brought to your table.

I do like it, but has anyone else ever had a bit of digestive issues after eating there?

Posted by: midnight ()
Date: May 03, 2013 12:18AM

They just changed how they do things slightly and are trying to introduce a new menu. Basic premise is the same but I think they added the option for apps and other pre selected items so you dont have to go "prepare" your own food.

Posted by: White People Food ()
Date: May 03, 2013 12:23AM

It would be a better place if they didn't try to pretend to be a Mongolian Barbecue. I know, I know, "Mongolian Barbecue" places aren't authentic Mongolian. Yes, I know. But there's a standard fare at Mongolian Barbecues. Genghis is off the mark. More like Roundeye Yuppie Barbecue.

What is the deal with the sauces? Where is the sesame oil? The garlic oil? You know, the normal sauces and seasonings you find at - you know - every other Mongolian Barbecue in the States.

Tony Cheng's in DC isn't great, but is far better than the whitebread chain offerings at Genghis Grill. Pepperoni slices at a Mongolian Barbecue place? What the fuck?

Is Chang Le in Fairfax still around?

Posted by: I love GG ()
Date: May 04, 2013 03:05PM

I love this place and love the saltyness of the pepperoni... If u know what ur doing it comes out so much better than typical mong bbq places... I lrefer not have oil base sauces. But guess the pepperoni does not help haha.

Posted by: WTF???? ()
Date: May 04, 2013 10:31PM

Been there a couple of times. Food is pretty good. You can add seasonings and as many different suaces as you want. They used to have an option for a bottomless bowl for an additional $5. No more. Now you choose small, medium or large. They have staff at the meat putting your selections into a bowl. Same thing at the sauce station. JelloBoy is right, heap things into one bowl. They will try to give you another small bowl, even for just a few vegetables, and then they will charge you for a large bowl.

Posted by: GG Sucks Now ()
Date: May 06, 2013 08:50AM

I'm not going back in there. Yesterday I went in and the server gave me a talk about their "EVOLUTION." Yes, that is what they are required to call it. What it really means is that the bottomless bowl option is gone. In an attempt to piss people off less, they give you a free entree but I'm not sure how long that promotion lasts.

The food is good and they definitely have some young hotties working there, but overall the service and the roaming managers are too fucking annoying.

Posted by: Hay Zeus ()
Date: May 06, 2013 12:58PM

Its ok, problem is with so many option I will never be able to recreate "everything but the kitchen sink" masterpiece made during my first visit.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.