HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Lady Driver on FFX Engine 431
Posted by: Shovey ()
Date: August 28, 2008 02:41PM

So I'm out getting lunch and Engine 431 drives by. There's some woman driving it. I mean what the hell? Women driving our county fire trucks?

Funny part is at one point she puts on a turn signal to go left and then a second later puts on the right turn signal. Typical woman driver, she can't make up her mind.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lady Driver on FFX Engine 431
Posted by: observer ()
Date: August 28, 2008 02:57PM

You may have noticed that firetrucks make wide right turns. They must move to the left before they can turn right. Signalling a left turn first clears space to the left, allowing them to make the right turn. Are you a troll or are really so dim that you could not figure this out?

Posted by: Awakened ()
Date: August 28, 2008 02:59PM

That's wonderful...

Posted by: j ()
Date: August 28, 2008 03:38PM

i heard they can even vote now too! maybe you would be happier in saudi arabia.

Date: August 28, 2008 04:09PM

j Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i heard they can even vote now too!

My second biggest fear confirmed today. I suppose next they'll want equal pay too!

So long as they do get the right to become President!

Posted by: thatguy ()
Date: August 28, 2008 04:58PM

E405 C shift is typically a woman driver...

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: August 28, 2008 05:09PM

The movie

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: August 30, 2008 06:03PM

I'm sure they don't let drive the fire truck to fires. She was probably out getting groceries to cook for everybody.

Posted by: WarfRat ()
Date: September 10, 2008 12:26PM

The last thing any of us in the community should be worried about is women driving the county's fire trucks. It should be deeply concerned about the fact that the county hires people who are afraid to do what we are paying them to do; FIGHT FIRES AND RESCUE US WHEN OUR HOUSE IS BURNING. Let me say, before I rant a little, that there are some great firefighters in the county helping us everyday. But our county seems to be more worried about their outward appearance and being diverse, then hiring folks who seek out the job. Their recruitment people have been known to drive around looking for folks who look like they need a job and would add to the diversity "numbers". Im all for diversity to some extent. Hiring people off of a basketball court in DC is not the best way to find good firefighters and medical personnel. Are these the people you want showing up at your front door at 3am to help you and your family escape from your burning house? The county NEEDS to hire those folks who are dead serious about becoming a firefighter and actually SEEK OUT the job. There are people who wait 2 to 3 years to become a firefighter, and then there are those who wait 2 to 3 months. The county doesn't care about those who have prior military or prior firefighting backgrounds. They care about those who will make them look good to the "Employee Groups" within the fire department. There are Employee Groups within the fire department for women, african americans, and hispanics. Not for anyone else. There is a budget crunch within the county and I've read that the fire department has to cut out like 20 million dollars. Start with what they call "incentive/extra pay" for being a paramedic. They use this to get people to take the classes to boost their paramedic shortfalls and get those who are probably bad firefighters to now ride on an ambulance. How about hiring those who want to do the job because they love being a paramedic, not becoming a paramedic because "I can make more money if I become a paramedic". These are usually the same people who could barely pass their basic EMT test (without some help) and were hired by those same people who were out driving around to boost their "numbers". Just ask our neighbors in Lorton who lost a lady to a small fire in her kitchen. She was on the phone with the fire department 911 person when the first fire truck showed up. They knew exactly where she was in her house, but the coward in charge of the fire truck told his crew not to go in and put the fire out because he hurt his ankle getting out of the truck. Bottom line is that they want the great pay, but don't want to risk their lives for us. HIRE THOSE WHO ARE WILLING TO ACTUALLY BE FIREFIGHTERS AND NOT THOSE WHO JUST WANT A PAYCHECK. whew, I'm done.

Posted by: Destro ()
Date: September 10, 2008 03:18PM

Was she hot?

Posted by: Kobersteen ()
Date: September 10, 2008 05:41PM

thatguy Wrote:
> E405 C shift is typically a woman driver...

Not that it matters, but actually, the assigned and normal driver of E405/C is a guy.

Posted by: WatchnU ()
Date: September 10, 2008 06:27PM

And all of the assigned drivers at 431 (all 3 shifts) are men...

Date: September 10, 2008 06:42PM

Destro Wrote:
> Was she hot?

She did look hot. That's what concerned me about her driving the engine. Luckily she wasn't blonde. I did see her using the turn signals, scary.

Posted by: bob ()
Date: September 10, 2008 08:38PM

Who really gives a damn what racial / gender higher does what?

Besides, Fairfax County is a country club for professional firefighters / paramedics. I would be embarrassed to work at a station as grandiose and lavish as what Fairfax County is building nowadays for employees who see fire once or twice every two months.

This is why inner city departments that actually run calls mock the FCFRD, and this is exactly why the FCFRD Union overcompensates to the point of lunacy.

Posted by: JoeB. ()
Date: September 11, 2008 11:54AM

How about the female firefighter driving truck 410 a few years ago, she put the aerial ladder into the power lines in front of the fire station and nearly killed the rookie firefighter. In their infinite wisdom the fire dept. promoted her to driver.
Attachments:
truck 410.jpg

Posted by: NL ()
Date: September 11, 2008 01:43PM

JoeB. Wrote:
> How about the female firefighter driving truck 410
> a few years ago, she put the aerial ladder into
> the power lines in front of the fire station and
> nearly killed the rookie firefighter. In their
> infinite wisdom the fire dept. promoted her to
> driver.

Way to throw one of your co-workers under the bus!

Posted by: Blondie ()
Date: September 11, 2008 01:48PM

JoeB. Wrote:
> How about the female firefighter driving truck 410
> a few years ago, she put the aerial ladder into
> the power lines in front of the fire station and
> nearly killed the rookie firefighter. In their
> infinite wisdom the fire dept. promoted her to
> driver.

Maybe she just forgot the ladder was up and was going some place in a hurry.

Posted by: eric56789 ()
Date: September 11, 2008 01:53PM

no..she was running the "first day check" on the ladder. those power lines have been in front of that station for over ten years and she was assigned to that station.

the rookie firefighter was ok after having the crap scared out of him. she meanwhile was given no legit punishment because she said she "wasnt familiar with this particular ladder truck" despite the fact she was qualified to drive it. the department then issued a multiple page description of the "accident" that included pictures of the controls which were unlabeled. this was the excuse that was given to not severaly discipline her. despite the fact that the controls are the the same in fairfax county trucks.

and yes fairfax co FRD in their infinte wisdom and wanting to promote anyone who is not a white male promoted her to full time driver (10% pay increase and now she drivers every day) as opposed to before when she was just a fill in.

also interesting to note...this particular firefighter taught at the fire academ prior to this incident. i do not know if she still teaches there now.

Date: September 11, 2008 02:21PM

What a bunch of bitter RATS the FD has working for them! You failed to mention her promotion was held up due to this incident.

Posted by: Blondie ()
Date: September 11, 2008 02:47PM

Cut the girl some slack. Maybe she putting on some make-up and the mirror was difficult to adjust.

Posted by: JoeB. ()
Date: September 11, 2008 09:51PM

"What a bunch of bitter RATS the FD has working for them! You failed to mention her promotion was held up due to this incident."

Normal businesses, organizations, etc. demote and/or fire employees for such negligence. This organization promotes incompetence in the interest of diversity.

Date: September 12, 2008 06:03AM

Don't hate the player, hate the game!!!

I am sure there are some non-minorites that should not have a gold badge.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: September 13, 2008 09:27AM

Fixed the image
Attachments:
truck 410.jpg

Posted by: Lee Davis ()
Date: April 30, 2011 05:23PM

Diversity sucks. Plain and simple. Alot of people have been killed or maimed do this hiring practice. Check out San Fransisco Fire Dept. blogs. Women fireman suck!I ws both a career and volunteer fireman/emt 22 years.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: April 30, 2011 07:35PM

The FD kicks ass. I'm especially interested in their Swift Water rescue unit at Great Falls. Seems like a cool job.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: April 30, 2011 09:10PM

@Lee Davis - stop lamenting over the fact yr dick is so tiny

if you cant stand the HEAT, get yr ass out the pumpertruck, yo

Posted by: Bones 33 ()
Date: June 15, 2011 07:32AM

Fire is hot.It will burn you.

Posted by: FF413 ()
Date: June 15, 2011 07:46AM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> @Lee Davis - stop lamenting over the fact yr dick
> is so tiny
>
> if you cant stand the HEAT, get yr ass out the
> pumpertruck, yo

There are many different types of fire apparatus.Ladder trucks,rescues and special ops.

Posted by: Mack the Hack ()
Date: June 15, 2011 08:22AM

That is one scary pic. Did the truck actually make contact with the wires?

Posted by: No Agenda ()
Date: June 15, 2011 09:09AM

So was it a female that did the exact same thing on August of 2010 in Lorton?
http://www.firefighterclosecalls.com/news/fullstory/newsid/114292

I bet it wasn't, but you will never hear about that from someone who has an agenda.

Posted by: ff301 ()
Date: June 16, 2011 02:14AM

No need

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.