HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Libations Locations Abound in Clifton
Posted by: CliftonResident ()
Date: August 28, 2008 08:31AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Libations Locations Abound in Clifton
Posted by: Dude ()
Date: September 04, 2008 09:04AM

Okay, I checked out the new pubs in Clifton and have a mini-review for anyone interested.

First, The Polo Club:

This place is located in the rear of the Heart In Hand Restaurant just across from the Caboose. The owners of the restaurant renovated this space recently and added the pub. It is not a very large space but it is comfortable environment. With no real windows and ample air conditioning it is a good place to duck into on a hot afternoon and cool down with a cold beer. I don't know what kind of business they do at night but there wasn't much traffic in there on a busy day in Clifton. They have a number of decent beers on tap. Complaints: the volume on the TV is turned up way too loud for such a small space and the chairs aren't very comfortable.

Next, Main Street Pub:

The General Store in Clifton recently did some interior renovations and modified their outdoor seating area. With a new menu and beer and wine served on premises they are calling it a pub. Inside, they added a bar with draft beers and one or two small tables. As far as I can tell they didn't improve the ventilation in there so you wouldn't want to actually sit in there--you'd smell like fried food in minutes. Outside, they added shade and oscillating air conditioning type things to make it more bearable in the heat. They are going to have space heaters in the colder months. I didn't try the food so I can't comment on that. They have some good beers and I do like the stemware they are using for wine. I didn't examine the wine list--let's hope it's better than what they sell by the bottle in the store.

Re: Libations Locations Abound in Clifton
Posted by: Chica ()
Date: September 05, 2008 05:54PM

Don't forget the Ice Cream Depot is now selling beer in addition to the ice cream and hot dogs.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.