HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
McLean Baseball?
Posted by: Curious? ()
Date: April 24, 2013 11:05AM

Anyone know why McLean now had to let their JV baseball coach go midseason?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: McLean Baseball?
Posted by: in da know ()
Date: April 24, 2013 11:06AM

He was having an affair with Mary Jane.

Posted by: Fan1 ()
Date: April 24, 2013 03:26PM

Would be interesting to find out. Pretty strange for the amount of attention the former Varsity Coach was getting......Tough year for McLean Baseball!! Sad if true?

Posted by: Jess1 ()
Date: April 24, 2013 03:54PM

"Would be interesting to find out"

Google down in your area? IDK nailed it for you.

Posted by: From McLean Parent ()
Date: April 24, 2013 05:30PM

Word on the street is that he was interviewing players from a Travel team on school grounds. Perhaps was reckless in trying to get to the bottom of a very serious situation as quickly as possible, should be commended for not ignoring a sick situation not villified as the AD has done.

It makes no sense to any of us considering the amount of time he spent in the McLean Baseball Community. We think the school has does a great disservice.

We parents stand behind this guy 100% and I think the school is finding that out soon enough. You all can giggle over it but this is the true black eye for the school letting a GOOD guy go.

The team has been told BY the school he has done nothing illegal. I think the school is sensative to previous coaching challenges they have before them.

Posted by: Oh really ()
Date: April 24, 2013 08:46PM

haha are we talking about Russ Pahl? If so that guy is a serious drunk/alcoholic. Nice guy but has serious problems. Maybe research his history and find out he has been removed from other positions for personal problems. Think I am lying, ask yourself why his front teeth are missing and he reeks of Jack Daniels everyday.

Posted by: outraged ()
Date: April 30, 2013 03:07PM

I am disgusted, I know Coach Pahl, dont care for him much personally but for the school to do what it did to him fo the reasons it did is just insane. Like or Dislike the guy one thing for sure is that he is all about baseball and the time energy and effort he has put forth, the opurtunities that he passed up to be part of a comunity and try to achieve something in the area to do away with the fairfax sissy pampered reputation that baseball has in this area, and to be treated with such disregard by the school and anyone that had a kid play in his organization is dispicable.

Come on McLean, grow a pair, you need to find out what happened and get this situation undercontrol. I will tell you this the party responsible should go crawl into a hole and act like one is supposed to act when he has shamed himself, and the parents should apoligize purfusily to the coach the community and anyone that will listen.... disgusting...

Posted by: seen it ()
Date: April 30, 2013 04:05PM

He must have cut the wrong kid.

Posted by: eminem ()
Date: May 01, 2013 09:00AM

maybe conjigal visit with Sandusky.

Posted by: FCPS EDUK8TR ()
Date: May 01, 2013 09:27AM

I can't fathom why anyone in this day and age would want to coach a high school sport for fcps. CYA admin, bad parents, absurd paperwork, insulting stipends, witch hunt if a coach makes a mistake, dsas who don't give a crap and quietly root against their teams so they can wrap up another season and so much more. Not worth it. Too many factors sucking the enjoyment from coaching.

Posted by: outraged 2 ()
Date: May 01, 2013 10:12PM

I see that over 900 people have looked at this and I am wondering what will be done to reverse the decision of the McLean Highscool administartion. I think that a petitin drive or a show of support at one of McLean Baseball games for Coach Pahl would be appropriate and well deserved. It will show that we as a community are not going to stand for enuendo's and no due process be the course that we are willing to settle for or accept.

This is a hard working devoted coach and it is time we stand up for him sound off and lets get something started. I think showing up with Posters or signs saying we support him at one of the games might be effective

Posted by: terrible school ()
Date: May 08, 2013 11:15PM

Just have Thomas organize a weed selling fundraiser and bring the money to Jim Patrick the AD over there to buy Pahl's way back in, Patrick will take it since he takes all of the other booster money and puts it where he wants. Idiots breeding more idiots who are controlled by bigger idiots at McLean. Look back at that school in 3 years because all of this shit is going downhill right now and the powers that be will be long gone (escape to an admin job) and hand it off to someone else. Well done McLean, well done.

Posted by: BBGuy ()
Date: May 09, 2013 08:54AM

Hazing, poop smearing

Posted by: OldDominion ()
Date: June 28, 2016 11:25AM

poop smearing?

Posted by: hiccup ()
Date: October 06, 2016 03:35PM

Oh really Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> haha are we talking about Russ Pahl? If so that
> guy is a serious drunk/alcoholic. Nice guy but
> has serious problems. Maybe research his history
> and find out he has been removed from other
> positions for personal problems. Think I am
> lying, ask yourself why his front teeth are
> missing and he reeks of Jack Daniels everyday.

Sometimes drunks are nice guys. Alcoholics? Rarely

Posted by: please login ()
Date: October 06, 2016 04:09PM

Isn't he at Madison HS now?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.