HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fairfax County Circuit Court Records Search
Posted by: jettaman ()
Date: April 02, 2013 06:19PM

Have you tried to search the Fairfax County Circuit Court Records? You can't without paying $50/month subscription fee! Just about every other jurisdiction in Virginia allows free searching of these records. Why does Fairfax require a subscription?

I think action needs to be taken to allow for free access to these vital public records.

Information should be free!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fairfax County Circuit Court Records Search
Posted by: dataguy ()
Date: April 02, 2013 06:27PM

It is rather odd that almost every jurisdictions (including ones equally as busy as Fairfax) have their Circuit Court information online via the standard state-operated website. Maybe when Fairfax next updates their case management process/software that will be fixed to integrate with whatever is used for the other circuits.

Posted by: nananan ()
Date: April 02, 2013 08:38PM

Actually its a good thing so people cant blackmail us with mugshots, and those of us who have CR, our names arent blasted everywhere.

Date: April 03, 2013 09:44AM

I hope that when Fairfax County does refresh their site that they make it free. The District Court Records are free to search. I wish I could understand the rationale for one being free and the other not?

I mean you don't have to open up all of the Circuit Court Records (marriage license records and others). But, it is a public service to have Civil and Criminal Circuit Court Records free to search.

For example: If I'm hiring a handy man and he has had civil cases levied against him for non-delivery of work; I should have a right to know that information. Or if I'm hiring a baby sitter I want to know that they don't have a record of child neglect. I have the same right as the above instance.

Often those types of records aren't available in the District Court Records.

As for those who are afraid of the abuse of those records: I'm sorry that you've done something that has entered the public record. But I wouldn't fear any public display of your past indiscretions. If someone really wanted to launch a smear campaign against you, even without online public access, they could access public records at the physical records depot.

I'll reiterate: Public information should be free!

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: April 03, 2013 09:47AM

@Jettaman-

Can you please link to the DC courts website that is free? I was trying to help a girlfriend out with some info on a bad tenant and couldn't find dick from DC.

Thanks if you can.

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Posted by: Sharon Bulova ()
Date: April 03, 2013 11:43AM

Hey, those luxury housing units for legally-challenged immigrants aren't going to build themselves for free! Now STFU and pay me!

Date: April 03, 2013 12:39PM

http://www.dccourts.gov/internet/CCO.jsf

Best I could find so far.

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: April 03, 2013 12:43PM

jettaman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> http://www.dccourts.gov/internet/CCO.jsf
>
> Best I could find so far.

Thank you!

Good stuff. I don't know if that was available a few years ago because I sure couldn't find it.

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Date: April 04, 2013 01:43PM

If you feel the way I do, visit http://conview.state.va.us/whosmy.nsf/VGAMain?openform to find your state representatives. Feel free to use the following statement to get action going on this important issue.

The Fairfax County District Court records are available to search for free. Why isn’t the same for the Circuit Court records? Many jurisdictions allow free online access to these records. Why does as Fairfax require a subscription? A paid subscription model does the citizens of Fairfax, Virginia a disservice that must be corrected.

I should have the right to search though Criminal and Civil records to verify I have hired a trustworthy person to provide services in my home. My query to you is: whether or not you find this to be fair and free public access in comparison to many other jurisdictions within our Commonwealth? I find that any paid subscription service violates my right to free and open access to public records. I urge you to take action on this matter. I thank you in advance for your passionate action.

Posted by: Stephen ()
Date: April 08, 2013 04:49PM

If fairfax can find a way to charge for anything they will, simple way to change that is to not vote for anyone that already holds office. Sweep the trash out.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.