HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fairfax Honda Service Dept SUCKS
Posted by: Billy Baroo ()
Date: August 08, 2008 11:35AM

Buyer beware when taking your car to get serviced at Fairfax Honda on Route 50. Took it in for the 75K service checkup and to get an allignment. They had it for 4 days, and when I drove the car home, it was very obvious that they had NOT done an allignment. Who knows if they actually checked anything as part of the serivce plan. Many phone calls later, finally take the car back again to get the damn allignment done - and this time it took the bastards TWO days to do an allignment. They were rude, incompetent and most definitely do not deserve a dime of anyone's money. I've filed complaints with the Fairfax County Consumer Protection Division, as well as the BBB.

STAY AWAY FROM FAIRFAX HONDA

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fairfax Honda Service Dept SUCKS
Posted by: ps ()
Date: August 08, 2008 11:45AM

We had dropped our 05 Honda Civic off at Tysons Honda on Rt.7. We went out of town for a week. We we came to pick up the car, a week later, it had be stolen from the Tysons Honda lot.
When they realized the mistake the clammed up tight. They still owe us approx. $3000 dollars. They say they are not responsible for the theft of the car from their lot. I sure we will be filing for small claims court soon.

Date: August 08, 2008 11:49AM

There's more. We have received several parking tickets from South East Dc. The car was final recovered in Maryland two months later. I'm sure one day I will get pulled over and will be arrested for unpaid parking tickets.

Posted by: .native ()
Date: August 08, 2008 11:53AM

anytime your shop tries to rip you off mention the fact that you will report them to BBB and start walking away back to your car. You will be amazed just how quickly they change their story. Single BBB report to a franchised or privately owner shop can suspend their business license. Corporately owned stores have to receive 3 reports within a certain period of time in order for BBB to shut them down. Always ask to speak with the General Manager. If that doesnt work, go higher until someone listens to you. Everyone has a boss. Don Beyer subaru tried to screw me, I ended up speaking with Mrs. Beeyer.

Posted by: LANDMARK ()
Date: August 08, 2008 11:59AM

Fairfax Honda is a lieing bullshit place. Go to landmark Honda in Alexandria if you want good service.

Posted by: Guest ()
Date: August 08, 2008 01:11PM

Posted by: DogsArePeopleToo ()
Date: August 08, 2008 01:22PM

Aren't both Fairfax Honda and Tyson's Honda owned by Rosenthal? "Rosenthief" has a history of unscrupulous business behavior.

Posted by: Billy Baroo ()
Date: August 08, 2008 01:33PM

I have avoided Rosenthal dealers since the 80s - unfortunately, I had no idea that Fairfax Honda was now owned by Rosenthal. If I had known that, I never would have taken the car there. It's amazing how over the course of 20 years, the sleazy practices of Rosenthal-owned dealerships are still alive and well. That is amazingly consistent, quite a nice culture of ripping off the customer deeply embedded in that organization.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: August 08, 2008 02:09PM

I have had okay luck with Fairfax Honda. I can only recall one or two times where I thought they were serisouly BSing me about something. One was, funny enough, an alignment service where I told them I wanted a printout of the baseline numbers when I scheduled service following their recommendation that I pay them to do it. Upon pickup they wouldn't hand it over (said the "printer was broken" or some other excuse). In other words, no evidence that the service was ever done.

In general there you need to go with the good service managers. I trust two of them there not to BS me, and if they try to stick me with anyone else I just tell them I am leaving and it gets changed back.

Anyone have any private-shop recommendations for routine Honda service in western Ffx County?

Posted by: Jimmy ()
Date: August 08, 2008 02:45PM

Rosenthal was involved in some laundering of money some years ago--at least it seemed that way with salesmen accepting cash payments for new cars. Rosenthal claimed he knew nothing about it. As carefully as auto dealers watch the money, I did not believe his defense and vowed I'd never buy a car from him again.

I did buy a Honda from Fairfax Honda and belatedly learned that the dealership was part of the Rosenthal empire. Obviously, with the bad press Rosenthal did not advertise that he was behind Fairfax Honda.

I have since moved to Pohanka Acura and I can't say enought about their excellent sales people and service folks. They have a lot of integrity.

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: August 08, 2008 05:33PM

PS: You might try checking with Fairfax City Police and see if they had a lot of reports of stolen cars from Fairfax Honda, and if so, did they ever catch the suspect or find out if it was an inside job.

Usually they (the dealer) are not responsible for "items" stolen from your car. It is a far different thing for your car to actually be stolen. They have a certain responsibility for your car since they have it in their possession. If they did not take the proper steps to ensure your vehicle was secure after hours (they usually have a locked storage lot), or somehow left the vehicle in a place where it was easy to take, or even left the keys in the car, they could well be liable for it. Definitely check with a lawyer on that one.

Regarding the service dept, I would have to agree. I have a 2004 civic and we had nothing but trouble with them after we bought the car. They couldn't even get the prep done properly, and I had to bring the car back 4 times just to get it right. As a result I went in and complained and they gave me 6 free oil checks (not sure how valuable those were with the level of service already displayed) and installed a remote start and alarm system for free.

Posted by: § ()
Date: August 08, 2008 06:21PM

Here's my grade of area dealers who I've dealt with over the course of the last decade in terms of customer service and quality repairs (1- worst and 5 - best):

Jerry's Ford of Alexandria - 4
Stohlman VW / Mitsubishi - 2
Fairfax Honda - 3
HBL of Tyson's (now MB and Audi of Tyson's) - 4
Rosenthal Jaguar / Land Rover - 1
Chantilly Jaguar / Land Rover - 5
Chantilly Toyota - 2

Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: August 08, 2008 06:24PM

§ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here's my grade of area dealers who I've dealt
> with over the course of the last decade in terms
> of customer service and quality repairs (1- worst
> and 5 - best):
>
> Jerry's Ford of Alexandria - 4
> Stohlman VW / Mitsubishi - 2
> Fairfax Honda - 3
> HBL of Tyson's (now MB and Audi of Tyson's) - 4
> Rosenthal Jaguar / Land Rover - 1
> Chantilly Jaguar / Land Rover - 5
> Chantilly Toyota - 2
>
> -§

Sheehy Sprinfgield -2

Posted by: coffin ()
Date: August 08, 2008 06:59PM

When will you idiots learn?

Dealer service depts, ANY dealer, are rip-offs....warranty work and recalls are the ONLY thing you have done there.

Anything else and you have SUCKER painted on your forehead!

Posted by: Unknown ()
Date: August 09, 2008 11:47AM

Mofo Wrote:
> § Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Here's my grade of area dealers who I've dealt
> > with over the course of the last decade in
> terms
> > of customer service and quality repairs (1-
> worst
> > and 5 - best):
> >
> > Chantilly Toyota - 2

Chantilly Toyota pulled my credit report after I told them I didn't want them to pull my credit report, wasn't doing financing through them (I had a check from a well known bank's auto loan service) and didn't give them my social. They told me at one point they needed to pull my credit to even sell me a car because of the "Patriot Act". I consulted a banking attorney who told me that was complete BS and the Patriot Act would only come into play if I actually financed through them. Not a good way to start a customer relationship.

Date: August 09, 2008 02:03PM

Unless you have purchased a worthless extended warranty, never, ever take your car to a dealership for service...especially for something like an alignment. Dealerships make their money from their service departments, not sales. Expect sub-par, expensive service that takes too long if you take your vehicle to a dealership.

Date: August 09, 2008 02:59PM

So what are some recommendations for non-dealer service places around here?

Date: August 09, 2008 03:48PM

Mofo Wrote:
> So what are some recommendations for non-dealer
> service places around here?

For alignments, oil changes, etc, Merchants is pretty decent.

Posted by: Buy American ()
Date: August 09, 2008 06:11PM

DogsArePeopleToo Wrote:
> Aren't both Fairfax Honda and Tyson's Honda owned
> by Rosenthal? "Rosenthief" has a history of
> unscrupulous business behavior.

Honda of Tysons is owned by Sonic Automotive Group, based in Charlotte, NC. I don't know about Fairfax Honda.

BMW of Fairfax is another local dealership owned by the Sonic group, and there are probably others.

Posted by: Jimmy ()
Date: August 09, 2008 06:52PM

I believe that Fairfax Honda and Landmark Honda are part of the Rosenthal enterprise. If someone knows differently, please advise.

Posted by: rebel_fuckpolice ()
Date: August 10, 2008 12:48AM

someone said cars being stolen, ahhahahah crime in fairfax is sky high but they wouldnt want u to know that. hahahh while fairfax pigglets r wasting my tax dollars at the local on-the-run or flirting with eachother in parking lots. the kids rack up their money in stolen goods. haha ive watched it for the last three weeeks on including a car. thanks for keeping my hood safe u fucking cops!

Posted by: hey ()
Date: August 10, 2008 12:55AM

Hey for a great price and good service go to that auto repair place next to anitas on rt 50 i think its called minakee or maybe its a midas but its alsome and they do work for a great price

Date: August 11, 2008 01:25PM

someone said cars being stolen, ahhahahah crime in fairfax is sky high

The car was taken to South East, DC. Doesn't sound like a Fairfax resident.

Posted by: immigre ()
Date: August 12, 2008 12:16AM

I was driving down rt 50 the other just prior to 9AM and recognized one of the service guys for Fairfax Honda walking across the street. (Car was in the shop for what I thought was warranty work the previous week) He was in street clothes that consisted of: 1 plain dark blue dickies brand pants, ironed flat, dark blue dickies shirt, buttoned at the top open an untucked at the waist, blue bandana neatly folded and ironed hanging from his belt and blue/white cheap rosary beads. Guess his ethnicity? gee I wonder who he rolls with? Is his his boss blind or does he not give a shit? That's where all your stolen cars and GPS's are going. That dealership sucks!

Posted by: flimflam ()
Date: August 14, 2008 06:43PM

Never take your car to Fairfax Honda for service - they are lying bastards and will take advantage of you every chance they get. With car sales hurting, they really need to make the Rosenthals money by ripping off folks on service.

Posted by: AutoTech ()
Date: August 14, 2008 09:20PM

Fairfax Volvo VW
Fairfax Honda
Landmark Honda
Tyson's Honda (sold to Sonic)

are all owned by the Rosenthieves group. I have worked for this outfit in the past and they are terrible. They couldn't even fix my VW right. I took my Volvo there and they tried to lie to me about what I needed when I am a mechanic. I didn't have the $20,000 scanner they own so I had to bring it in. Never buy a vehicle from Rosenthal.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: August 15, 2008 10:02PM

AutoTech Wrote:
I didn't
> have the $20,000 scanner they own so I had to
> bring it in. Never buy a vehicle from Rosenthal.

Try 30 bucks.

http://www.virtualvillage.com/items/item.aspx?itemid=4311068&utm_source=baseusa&utm_medium=shopping&CAWELAID=190644815

Posted by: jeremiah ()
Date: August 19, 2008 06:09PM

Wife had her car there about two months ago - it was definitely not worth the price we paid. They claimed to have done an oil change, but when I looked under the hood when she got home, it was obvious that they had not changed the oil filter, and the oil was very dirty too. And someone left a nice black smudge of grease on the driver side carpet. When we complained about that, as well as the lack of oil change that we paid for, they basically laughed at us. The dirtbag CSR even had the nerve to ask us to prove that the stain was caused by them and also said that he oil filter had been replaced - when I told him the filter was very dirty on the outside, he basically accused me of putting grime on it.

NEVER AGAIN!!!

WORST EVER!!!

Posted by: JBone ()
Date: August 20, 2008 01:58PM

Had some warranty work done as my 3/36K was coming to an end, they asked for my cell phone since I was waiting there. Now I keep getting machine calls on that number telling me that my factory warranty has expired and do I want to renew. I keep opting out but it's not taking.

Posted by: VA Tech Hokie ()
Date: August 22, 2008 02:07PM

WOW. They still suck that bad, after almost 10 years? My girlfriend (now wife) had a brand new Honda Civic back in 98. Took it in for service in the springtime and as the weather got warmer, we put the A/C on. Problem was, once you got to the stoplight, the car would almost shut down.

Took it back and they said the freon was low and they put more in. Next day, the car ran worse. Took it back. They said there was no problem. Finally her boss told her to take it to his Honda dealer (Tyson's Corner I think). Come to find out there was TOO MUCH freon in the car and it was basically freezing itself. They emptied everything and put the right amount in and then it ran fine.

And don't get me started on what they did to her when she bought the car in the first place.

Posted by: jackson ()
Date: August 23, 2008 07:24AM

Are they really a Rosenthal dealership? I've had problems with various Rosenthal dealerships going back to 80s - I would never give those slimeballs a cent of my money. Rosenthal must have a special "How To Lie and Rippoff the Customer" course they put their sales managers and service dept reps through, because they all seem to exhibit the same behavior. Never trust Rosenthal with anything if you value your money and don't want to support scumbags.

Posted by: Billy Bowlegs ()
Date: August 23, 2008 11:57AM

Thanks for the warning! I'll never take my Honda there. Primarily because I don't own a Honda.

Posted by: Fairfax Citizen ()
Date: August 23, 2008 04:16PM

I learned from my first Honda and the Washington Post not to patronize any Rosenthal facilities. My second Honda I purchased from Fairfax Honda, not realizing until I signed the final paperwork that it was part of the Rosenthal enterprise. Subsequent service rip-offs, such as special fluids to add to the oil and the need to align wheels (which wasn't needed), etc. confirmed my error in going the Fairfax Honda. It is most interesting to note that over the years the same questionable practices continue, to include "hiding" the true ownership of this dealer.

Date: August 23, 2008 04:25PM

I just had some stuff done at Koons Manassas Honda, it was all under warranty but they seem to know what they're doing

Posted by: Fairfax police department (towed stolen vechicle) ()
Date: July 21, 2009 04:10PM

Fairfax County Police Department Va fuck-ups (mistakes) in Code of Virginia 46.2.1209 of stolen cars. Of towed second paragraph, relieves owner of all cost from towing companies (storage and towing fees), after 5 business days from receiving a certified mail. The correct contact to release your vehicle off the towing lot, you would have to contact traffic division unit of Fairfax. This is not stated in the Fairfax website (They do have the 100% power in releasing it). They will not like this code of Virginia because they don't know about it, and they do have a hand in picking the county’s' towing companies for 6 years towing contracts; which = millions of dollars for the towing company.

Shame on Fairfax County Police Department in not upholding Virginia states laws. Some upper corrupt officers think they’re above the law.

Posted by: FairfaxFelix ()
Date: July 22, 2009 10:16PM

Please folks. New car dealerships are all ripoffs. Only go to them for repairs covered under the warrantee.Just look at the building , the associated staff, and overhead. The only way they can make it work is to charge outlandish prices for work done, by and large, by inexperienced mechanics. and, BTW you do not invalidate your warantee if someone else other than the dealership performs the maintenance.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: July 23, 2009 03:39AM

Billy Baroo Wrote:
> I have avoided Rosenthal dealers since the 80s -
> unfortunately, I had no idea that Fairfax Honda
> was now owned by Rosenthal. If I had known that,
> I never would have taken the car there. It's
> amazing how over the course of 20 years, the
> sleazy practices of Rosenthal-owned dealerships
> are still alive and well. That is amazingly
> consistent, quite a nice culture of ripping off
> the customer deeply embedded in that organization.

Forget that, Brown's of Sterling (Nissan) has some of the laziest and most obnoxious staff I have ever run into, as does Ourisman Ford on Richmond Highway. No wonder I drove down to NC to buy a car.

Posted by: Service Writer ()
Date: July 23, 2009 10:43AM

Yea, they are fucking sketchy.. I had my car in Fairfax honda for an oil change, and the service writer got in my car to check the mileage and told me that i need to get the weed smell out of my car. I looked at him and said excuse me? I dont smoke weed and weed has never been smoked in my car. I smoke cigarettes but not weed. Then he goes, "well is this car leased?" because if it is its in bad condition(which it is not). I told him in own the car and paid for it the day i bought it and he looked at me like i was a jackass and made another smart comment..

Just very unprofessional.

Date: July 26, 2009 03:11AM

Service Writer Wrote:
> Yea, they are fucking sketchy.. I had my car in
> Fairfax honda for an oil change, and the service
> writer got in my car to check the mileage and told
> me that i need to get the weed smell out of my
> car. I looked at him and said excuse me? I dont
> smoke weed and weed has never been smoked in my
> car. I smoke cigarettes but not weed. Then he
> goes, "well is this car leased?" because if it is
> its in bad condition(which it is not). I told him
> in own the car and paid for it the day i bought it
> and he looked at me like i was a jackass and made
> another smart comment..
>
> Just very unprofessional.

Another place, but yeah I've run into the shady people who attempt to degrade the actual condition of your car in reports. I had a vehicle appraised at Carmax once, and they wrote about the vehicle having More than Average Wear and Tear, and "Body Damage". Lol, the ride was Mint, and the "Body Damage" was a nick in the bumper.

Posted by: 124C41 ()
Date: July 26, 2009 04:52AM

I purchased a car from Fairfax Honda last year. Due to demand for the model, I paid sticker price. I did know about Rosenthal and its shady business deals and I had previous bad experiences from the Fairfax Honda people. Well, they still don't get it right: they charged $300 for floor mats and last week refused to make the first, free oil change they promised--they said it was too early. I know that you can go several thousand miles before the first oil change; however, it was opportune to have it done as requested. Unfortunately, they sell superb cars. Unfortunately, they still play the shell game selling the cars and customer service sucks...same ol' tricks that I've seen over 25 years. Avoid this dealer for purchase or maintenance, unless it's your last resort for the model you want.

Stohlman VW Subaru
Posted by: Robert ()
Date: September 28, 2009 08:38PM

Incredible...I called about a used honda advertised online, went there to meet the salesman and when I arrived he told me the vehicle had just sold. I called 2 days later about the same car (still online) and another salesman said it was still available. Now this is classic bait and switch. Do nNOT deal with their use car department, they are liars and very unprofessional.

Posted by: car ()
Date: September 29, 2009 09:30AM

i got a great second hand car there, not a honda, some dippy must have traded it in. paid a fair price, but i must say they were fucking unbelievable at some points. they did not include a part that i needed, and the car needed, i left around 15 messages for them and eventually told them i would sue them unless they privded the part in 2 days, as potentially the part or lack of it could in effect (loosly) cause an accdient, i told them i would hold them responsible for all damages, complained to the BBB and the head office and went in and went nuts, 2 days later my part in delievered by courier.

assholes

Posted by: dono ()
Date: September 29, 2009 12:26PM

People that go to dealerships deserve to get ripped off. That is what the dealerships do. Unless there is warranty work that cannot be done elsewhere or the job is too complex for a indie never go to the 'stealership service'

Posted by: exfairfax ()
Date: September 29, 2009 12:32PM

Not that it guarantees that an alignment was done, but you should get a print out of the alignment settings. Most shops I've gone to provide the printout.

Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: September 29, 2009 01:29PM

coffin Wrote:
> When will you idiots learn?
>
> Dealer service depts, ANY dealer, are
> rip-offs....warranty work and recalls are the ONLY
> thing you have done there.
>
> Anything else and you have SUCKER painted on your
> forehead!

This is the correct answer. Don't ever go to the stealer, period.

Posted by: john h ()
Date: September 29, 2009 04:00PM

yea all dealers are stealers. so what is new?

BBB in Fx. has a bad reports - they won't do anything.

file a civil claim at the Fx. Co. courthouse... "breach of contract"

however! in your case: they did the work. you can't complain how long it takes, by law I think.

next time look at the alignment nuts: if they are dusty then they certainly didn't do the alignment

what you CAN do with dealers is bust them for suggesting bogus work.

Posted by: funbob ()
Date: October 12, 2009 12:09AM

I live in arlington and my 99 accord needs it's 100K service (timing belt, etc). I'm realtively new to the area and don't have a mechanic. I was thinking for something like the timing belt, it would be better to go to a dealership. I was looking around to see what people were saying about dealerships in the area and I can't find anything good. What do you guys recommend? For this major 100K service, can you recommend a dealership? or can you recommend a non-dealership garage that can do an excellent job? Thanks.

Posted by: Fairfax Felix ()
Date: October 12, 2009 10:24AM

I have found that Capital Car Care in Springfield is an honest reasonably priced repair shop. Car dealerships continue to be a rip off.

Posted by: tubby ()
Date: October 12, 2009 10:51PM

funbob Wrote:
> I live in arlington and my 99 accord needs it's
> 100K service (timing belt, etc). I'm realtively
> new to the area and don't have a mechanic. I was
> thinking for something like the timing belt, it
> would be better to go to a dealership. I was
> looking around to see what people were saying
> about dealerships in the area and I can't find
> anything good. What do you guys recommend? For
> this major 100K service, can you recommend a
> dealership? or can you recommend a non-dealership
> garage that can do an excellent job? Thanks.

Any reasonably competent shop can replace a timing belt....it's a routine, simple job.

Take it to a dealer if you want to pay 2-3 times as much.

PS: Make sure it even has a timing belt...as opposed to a timing chain. Chains usually last forever. If your car does have a belt and 100K on the clock, you're on borrowed time. To make matters worse, most Honda engines are of the "interference" type...meaning if the belt breaks, the pistons hit the valves and...it's all over, you need a motor.

Posted by: PresaCanario ()
Date: October 13, 2009 11:32PM

Mofo Wrote:
> So what are some recommendations for non-dealer
> service places around here?

Wygul Automotive is EXCELLENT and HONEST.

Posted by: Mike ()
Date: March 20, 2010 09:43AM

hey Wrote:I agree Fairfax Honda does suck! I had to get a cd player fixed because it stopped working. The car is under warranty. The service guy said to fix the cd player they had to take out the whole radio. I didn't get the radio back for over a month! Driving around with nothing but the engine to listen to was EXTREMELY ANNOYING! Fairfax Honda's response was they can't do anything about it. I even escalated the situation up the the manager of the service department and Honda corporate. This got nothing done at all! I got a call from someone saying "sorry for the problem, there is nothing we can do." Completely unacceptable customer service.
> Hey for a great price and good service go to that
> auto repair place next to anitas on rt 50 i think
> its called minakee or maybe its a midas but its
> alsome and they do work for a great price

Posted by: Peter Venkman ()
Date: March 20, 2010 10:14AM

In November, I purchased a used Accord (love it!) from a Hyundai dealership. The car was in perfect condition but at some point, the battery had been replace or disconnected so the radio needed its theft security code to be activated.

I stopped at Fairfax Honda, waited 15 minutes for assistance and was informed I would need an appointment - 4 days from now - and there would be an hour labor charge because they needed to remove the stereo to get the serial number before researching the theft code.

I decided to pass on that option and headed over to Koons Honda in Manassas. What a difference! They warmly congratulated me on my purchase, suggested I go grab a cup of coffee and come back in an hour. They got the stereo activated and said "no charge - just keep us in mind when you need service".

I went back for an oil change (about the same price as anywhere else) and they provided me with a complimentary shuttle ride home and pick up later in the day too. Flawless service, fantastic customer experience so far.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: March 20, 2010 12:46PM

Fuck Fairfax Honda. I've dealt with those clowns in the past in terms of potentially buying a car through them. They were so pushy I just left and got a car somewhere else. Then an ex girlfriend of mine bought her car through them and then their service department tried to rip her off/b.s. her on two occasions. The first instance, when I called them out they were like "ok, ok...no charge". The second, and last instance, I actually had to go up to the general manager to get the service dept. to release her car and give me the key when they tried to pull a fast one and I demanded they not perform the work and give her the car back.

Fucking shysters. I'd rather walk my 20 miles to work then deal with them ever again.

Conversely - Miller Toyota in Manassas...never had a problem with them and their service dept. appears to be honest and legit.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: March 20, 2010 09:34PM

There are two service managers guys I trust at Fairfax Honda not to BS me and explain things well. They handled my service for a couple of years, but after a time every time I scheduled an appointment and specifically said I wanted one of those two guys to handle my service they always stuck me with one of the others who are boneheads. They take their time getting to my outprocessing while I sit for ten or fifteen minutes looking at my finished car out of the window after waiting a couple of hours for the service to be done.

I started going elsewhere as well, they would have kept my business if they had just friggin given me one of the two service managers I named. Now I pay less at a closer location.

Posted by: pat goss ()
Date: March 20, 2010 11:30PM

Billy Baroo Wrote:
> when I drove the car
> home, it was very obvious that they had NOT done
> an allignment.

the car back again to
> get the damn allignment done - and this time it
> took the bastards TWO days to do an allignment.
>

first, you cant tell if a car needs an alignment by driving it. the tires will show uneven wear your car is out of alignment.

if your car pulls to one side that is from uneven tire pressure, out of balance tires or possible suspension problems.

second, an alignment shouldn't take more than 15 minutes. you should have stood there and stared at them while they did the work.

Posted by: Bertran ()
Date: October 25, 2010 07:19AM

Autotech of Tysons. The opposite of what you are complaining about. Honest, Fair,
No BS about what they have done or haven't done, presents repairs as options, not pushy, completes repairs in time promised, rarely have to return for more work,
On the same repair, friendly, honest and open.

I have taking our three cars for 20 years.

Posted by: Stephen K. ()
Date: October 25, 2010 11:42AM

I would recommend Wasington Consumer's Checkbook for a good, local repair shop. Most dealers charge too much and try to sell you stuff you don't need.

Posted by: daduude ()
Date: October 25, 2010 01:06PM

Sounds as bad as Springfield Volkswagen

Posted by: novaguyy ()
Date: October 25, 2010 03:13PM

I've had the BEST experience @ Curry's Auto in Chantilly! Very Honest people!

Posted by: bbanvil ()
Date: October 25, 2010 03:51PM

I have been in the fairfax honda dealership on several occasions and both times were a pain in the ass. First time I just went to check out a used car they had on the lot and within seconds some indian dude who doesn't know shit about the car (S2000) or any car for that matter was already getting into his pitch. I gave him this look like shut up and walk away then I left. The second time I went in to get my car appraised to potentially trade it in and they pull all the textbook dealer bs "there's damage here, here, and here, and let me go talk to my manager for 20 minutes while you sit in my enclosed cubicle and think this over".

Hands down the friendliest most ethical dealersip is Pohanka, I bought my car there and I haven't heard of anyone having trouble with them.

Date: October 25, 2010 04:10PM

bbanvil Wrote:
> I have been in the fairfax honda dealership on
> several occasions and both times were a pain in
> the ass. First time I just went to check out a
> used car they had on the lot and within seconds
> some indian dude who doesn't know shit about the
> car (S2000) or any car for that matter was already
> getting into his pitch. I gave him this look like
> shut up and walk away then I left. The second time
> I went in to get my car appraised to potentially
> trade it in and they pull all the textbook dealer
> bs "there's damage here, here, and here, and let
> me go talk to my manager for 20 minutes while you
> sit in my enclosed cubicle and think this over".
>
> Hands down the friendliest most ethical dealersip
> is Pohanka, I bought my car there and I haven't
> heard of anyone having trouble with them.

Yeah, they pulled the same garbage on us at Carmax with regard to "car damage". The vehicle we were attempting to trade-in was flawless, and it had no damage aside from a small grill piece that had to be fixed, yet they wrote down in the report all this BS about dents, scrapes, and all sorts of "damage" which was non-existent in reality. It was insulting to be honest.

As for best dealership experience, I used to really like the Star Pontiac in Leesburg. The manager there helped me on one occasion in particular, and he went out of his way to show me how to fix something (He had to call in to get a code too). They were really cool folks. Since then (Pontiac obviously doesn't exist anymore), we've used Leesburg Toyota, and they've been great. I myself drove all the way to North Carolina to purchase my car, though, and it was completely worth it.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: T2T ()
Date: October 25, 2010 04:26PM

Re: Carmax. Yeah, they pulled that same shiat on me, too, this past summer. However, we ended up selling the car to them for their meager offering. My wife didn't want the hassle of driving it back home, listing it on Craiglist and having a bunch of people coming over just to "kick the tires".

On the other hand, I've heard that CarMax employees have the capability to purchase "incoming" vehicles at the price CarMax paid for the vehicle. There's lots of incentives for CarMax to lowball someone on their offering - whether they put the car on their lot, sell it an an auction, or sell it to their employees at cost as an incentive.

Then again, CarMax is owned by the same crowd that owned and operated Circuit City. You can see how successful that operation was. CarMax is successful right now due to the instability in the economy. People are spending less on cars (a.k.a. used cars) and CarMax has a thriving business. However, when the economy rebounds, will they be able to keep up the same pace when people switch over to buying more new vehicles once again?

Posted by: Gloria Abdar ()
Date: October 25, 2010 05:02PM

Years ago, a friend took her new Honda, recently purchased at Fairfax Honda, to get some minor repairs made, as it was still under warranty. She watched as a service tech drove off in her new Accord and then heard a terrible crashing sound. The service guy smashed into a parking deck wall...in her NEW car AT the dealership.

They offered to repair all of the damage, but this chick was smart; she threatened to sue and demanded a new car. They ended up giving her a replacement new car (she had to wait for an identical one and they gave her a loaner).

I wonder if that service tech is still there or if he got fired.

Posted by: yoyoyo ()
Date: October 25, 2010 11:21PM

I went there once for warranty work. While i was waiting i saw one of the service techs back out of the service garage without looking right into the main road and tboning a car. That place sucks a fat one.

Posted by: rob ()
Date: October 26, 2010 12:50AM

funny.

i take my accord to honda of tysons, since i bought it. usually oil change,etc. i bought the car first year remodel and when honda was coming out with a recall my SA told me flat out theyd replace it and i could file to get reimbursement (since i had changed my brakes earlier).

awsome SA. When i need to get tranny flushed and filled, i;'ll be taking it back. people talk about prices being sooo much cheaper than dealers, when the fact is pop shops can and do charge the same or even more.

i found nothing that the private shops do for less money these days, so thats flatout bullshit for avoiding dealers.

Posted by: Rob ()
Date: October 26, 2010 12:55AM

if you need alignment, take it to just tires. i always go to the one in vienna. those guys know how to do that quick and painless.

Posted by: FritzDaCat ()
Date: February 01, 2012 01:26PM

Their service dept. may suck, but the BBB is not going to shut them down. You need to understand that the BBB is a "membership" organization, not a consumer protection agency. The members pay to belong to the BBB. It's an attempt at self-policing to a certain degree, but they have no legal enforcement authority like a government-backed consumer protection agency.

Posted by: Car Owner ()
Date: February 08, 2014 02:30PM

We like to take our car to Tom at Fix Your Toy Auto located in Manassas VA.

Tom is totally honest. A rare quality nowadays.

I am a woman, and not a stupid consumer, but I get these car repair guys who always try to play me. Pisses me off. Anyway, Tom doesn't play games and stands behind his repairs.

In full disclosure, I got the name of this place from a close friend, and have no affiliation with the place other than being a happy customer.

Oh yeah, and Fairfax Honda is a total rip-off. I could tell you stories...

Posted by: Confirmed. FX HONDA SUCKS! ()
Date: February 08, 2014 07:06PM

AND STAY FAR AWAY FROM THE FX HONDA RECOMMENDED BODY SHOP FX IMPORTS OFF FX BLVD.! THEY WILL NOT FIX YOUR CAR RIGHT, THEY SWAP OLD PARTS FOR NEW PARTS OFF YOUR CAR. IF YOU COMPLAIN, THEY JUST TRASH YOUR CAR FURTHER.
IF MS. LOOP IS STILL THERE, SHE IS JUST SIMPLY IGNORANT AS ALL GET OUT!

Posted by: Jim Reed ()
Date: October 24, 2015 06:19PM

I read all your terrible experience with Fairfax body shop. I had exactly the same experience with them.
They use used parts but charged new parts fee; they keep my car there for a month and stole all my personal belongings, also added on 300 miles on my car. After they were paid already, the woman Lorrines Hummus and her boss Kerry Schwab forged a new invoice and accused me own them money.
Within 5 years, we can still sue them for the damage and their fraud and crime. We can sue them with a group to get these criminals to prevent future customers from suffering. I filled a suit against them already, if any of you want to join the suit or testify please contact me tesssmith2015@gmail.com@gmail.com. We will win together and they should be punished and pay the damages.
Please join me to get the justices served now. This should be their end!

Posted by: FX IMPORTS BODY SHOP ()
Date: October 24, 2015 11:59PM

Jim Reed Wrote:
> I read all your terrible experience with Fairfax
> body shop. I had exactly the same experience with
> them.
> They use used parts but charged new parts fee;
> they keep my car there for a month and stole all
> my personal belongings, also added on 300 miles on
> my car. After they were paid already, the woman
> Lorrines Hummus and her boss Kerry Schwab forged a
> new invoice and accused me own them money.
> Within 5 years, we can still sue them for the
> damage and their fraud and crime. We can sue them
> with a group to get these criminals to prevent
> future customers from suffering. I filled a suit
> against them already, if any of you want to join
> the suit or testify please contact me
> tesssmith2015@gmail.com@gmail.com. We will win
> together and they should be punished and pay the
> damages.
> Please join me to get the justices served now.
> This should be their end!

You do mean FX IMPORTS Auto Body shop, right?
FX City Honda recommends everyone to go there as if it is part of it, FX City Honda.
A bunch of foreigners (illegal immigrants?) work there. Most are Hispanic/Latinos. Whom are also famous for permeating their way into the Honda dealerships region wide. Especially so immediately after the Honda Corporation finally started factory installing fail safe anti-theft systems into every Honda in 2001. Prior to 2001, the Honda Civic was the top most stolen auto on the planet. And guess what ethnic group who loves and most all have? You guessed it. The Honda Civic is the top choice of vehicle for all Hispanics/Latinos. And the same ones that were getting caught stealing them the most prior to 2001. Now, you find these same ones getting jobs at the Honda Dealerships nationwide.
And while your Honfpda is in the shop getting maintenance or repairs, they will steal parts off of it. The most universal part, for example, is the center rear view mirror. The same model designed the last time in 2003, is used in just about every Honda vehicle made since then. And a very easy item to steal and replace with a deteriorated used one. The scumbags will swap it out of your Honda to replace it with a scuzzed one. It costs about $53. The thieves have done it to me twice at different body shops, including FX IMPORTS Auto Body.
And at FX IMPORTS, a Ms. Laura LOOP at least used to work their. And her last names describes exactly how she conducts herself while dealing with having to go back and forth with the body work, and it still does not get done professionally/properly.
'Looping' you to death until you finally give up and go elsewhere. Wasting your precious time into oblivion.

Yeah. The Hispanic/Latinos. Went from stealing the whole enchilada to stealing the Honda in bits and pieces at repair shops. As if the high pay for auto repair work they get paid is not enough!
And the V.S.I.C located with your average State Troopers stations knows very well what is going on here. Especially at the body shops. With more incidences than just this one described.
And do basically nothing about it. When they could easily catch them at it. They are not doing anything about it because of some lame racist complaing like something about it is racism to lock a bunch of thieving Hispanics up and not white people racist bullshit.
It also involves auto insurance fraud in a big way. And the insurance companies are additionally not doing damn thing to correct the problem(S), either. Yet, are more than eager to raise your insurance rates without a moments notice.
With The Hispanic Caucus, you simply have another version of what the African Americans have been doing for decades with the Black Caucus via the NAACP. And literally destroyed the auto industry in this country along with the city of Detroit.
Welcome to reality, it is all the Gringo Whitey's fault no matter which way you look-see it otherwise!
And then the Hispanic Caucus gets in front of Congress they boast bogus lies about how that they take and do the jobs nobody else wants or will do so they are great for the economy??
(Only in a Hogs eye!)
While they are quietly sending tens of billions of $bucks$, collectively and yearly, to their large, untaxed private family estates South of The Border. And that is only the amounts sent that are on record with the banks that transfer the funds.
Did anyone say 'Fascist Tendencies' while reading this post?
Because that is what our government is practicing.
Attachments:
https%3A%2F%2F40.media.tumblr.com%2Fd6276fb4ad247a55647c2581e4d93e4a%2Ftumblr_ngp1aj08051u307yho1_500~01.jpg
ff18173e_tumblr_nromtocyrp1sf7mtho1_1280~01.jpg
df46a17_tumblr_n5e6cmrUpr1sut3yro1_500~01.jpg

Posted by: 777263739 ()
Date: October 25, 2015 02:03PM

I've used F'fax Honda several times. Was impressed the first couple. Not cheap work, but done right.

Then on the third visit the guy at the desk rings me up and tells me my car needs ball joints badly. This surprises me as the car has been driving just fine, handling nicely around curves and such. I decline to schedule that service.

A week later I have my car up on a lift and a family friend who is a master mechanic is looking at another issue. Hey, would you check the ball joints please, I ask him.

He spends 10 minutes checking them carefully and tells me he can find NOTHING wrong with them. Not a thing.

Posted by: Damage ()
Date: October 26, 2015 12:50AM

Bought my Civic at Tysons Honda. My car overheated last summer and I shut it off immediately and had Jt towed to their service dept. I got a call the next day saying my water pump and thermostat went out and that they needed to replace the head gasket as well. Thousands of dollars. I called a mechanic friend and he told me to ask them if and how they knew for sure it needed a head gasket. The service rep said because it had overheated it would need it. On advice from my mechanic friend, I told them to just replace the thermostat and water pump. Service rep was belligerent telling me when they got it back together and it gushed fluid everywhere, they would show me. I said if it gushes water everywhere it will likely because of some shit that you guys do and I will bring two mechanics to prove it. It's been running fine since. Hundreds instead of thousands. Crooked as fuck.

Posted by: Stephen ()
Date: October 26, 2015 06:05PM

As a youth I owned a few over heaters, yes you can blow a head gasket if you kept driving it, you can also shrink the piston rings from the heat. You can have the system pressure tested, it only takes a few minutes to do, and most repair shops would have the pump.
I buy new from and use landmark Honda, prices are high but dealers have the knowledge and correct tools.

Posted by: Stupidity is Contagious ()
Date: October 26, 2015 06:27PM

Fairfax Honda has taken superb care of my Odyssey at fair prices for five years (so far) without fail. Most people who accuse dealer service depts of fraud and incompetence are part of the problem by having exaggerated expectations, idiotic diagnoses of car probems, and limited intellectual and communications abilities and skills.

Posted by: DYDEb ()
Date: October 27, 2015 04:11PM

no they don't suck you suck. you brought your car in wihtout any plan and let them make your plan like a dumb ass

they are eating at chipolte every day instead of bagging lunch because of idiots who throw government cash to fix problems that never existed

Posted by: Y3uCF ()
Date: October 27, 2015 04:12PM

sure they fire all the whites and hire mexicans. it pleases the criminal sector and whites will have them arrested as time rolls on

Posted by: B'rilliant ()
Date: October 28, 2015 04:15AM

DYDEb Wrote:
> no they don't suck you suck. you brought your car
> in wihtout any plan and let them make your plan
> like a dumb ass
>
> they are eating at chipolte every day instead of
> bagging lunch because of idiots who throw
> government cash to fix problems that never existed

Anyone care to translate? I don't speak retard.

Void void void.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.