HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Traffic Light
Posted by: Guest ()
Date: August 05, 2008 10:07AM

Anyone know where I can file a complaint about a traffic light. The traffic light at Weatherly Way & 123 (next to the Giant Shopping Center in Lorton) turns red for 123 traffic for no apparent reason. This never use to be the car.

But now regardless of whether it is 11pm or 5am, the light will turn red for no reason. Usually lights turn red when cars are exiting a neighborhood. In this case no cars will be any where in sight of the neighborhood entry/exit and light will still turn red. Oh and it will stay red for a good 3 minutes before 123 traffic gets the green. The light seems to be turning red every 4-5 minutes.

As mentioned this never use to occur in the past. Just started about 2 weeks ago.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Traffic Light
Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: August 05, 2008 10:47AM

Once when I had a problem with a traffic light, I wrote to my local state delegate, who was Ken "The Cooch" Cuccinelli at the time. Ol' Cooch wrote back telling me to fuck off and send my complaint to the dept of transportation... which there was no chance I would do. Those guys are fags.

Mysteriously, in less than a few months, with no further action on my part, it was fixed. I can only assume someone with more gumption took the complaint further.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2008 10:48AM by RESton Peace.

Posted by: nakedshoplifter ()
Date: August 05, 2008 10:50AM

Have you tried looking on the Fairfax Co webpage? They have a number you can call and the operator will forward you to the appropriate agency.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: August 05, 2008 10:56AM

nakedshoplifter, I think this IS the Fairfax County website.

Posted by: MBF ()
Date: August 05, 2008 11:21AM

Either call VDOT's maintenance line at 703-383-8368 or online form http://www.virginiadot.org/travel/citizen.asp to ask them to look at it or contact the applicable Board of Supervisors member (Gerry Hyland, Mount Vernon District) at 703-780-7518 or mtvernon@fairfaxcounty.gov. Hyland's staff will ask VDOT to look at it on your behalf.

Date: August 05, 2008 11:33AM

Thanks Guy. Just sent VDOT an email. Hopefully they will take action. It's becoming a safety hazard now because people are catching on and running the red light very well knowing that they're is no traffic coming out of the neighborhoods on Weatherly & Davis Drive.

Date: August 05, 2008 12:02PM

Wow I got a response from VDOT in less then 30 minutes. They confirmed its a bad hardware part at that intersection. The part is on order and should be replaced within the next week. If I do not see a change within the next 2 weeks they have asked me to contact them again. Pleasantly Surprised and Pleased with VDOT!

Posted by: rickybobby ()
Date: August 05, 2008 12:22PM

Unfortunately VDOT will respond back and say they ran out of $$$, so they had to return the part because their northern virginian funds were sent down to the southern parts of Virginia.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: August 05, 2008 05:06PM

Guest Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow I got a response from VDOT in less then 30
> minutes. They confirmed its a bad hardware part at
> that intersection. The part is on order and should
> be replaced within the next week. If I do not see
> a change within the next 2 weeks they have asked
> me to contact them again. Pleasantly Surprised and
> Pleased with VDOT!

Thats suprising. Normally I wouldnt expect a response for 2 weeks.

Now my problem is with traffic lights that are signed for a left turn only, but are not the lights with the arrow in them. Just standard green circle. They are green, but people coming in the oppoiste direction in the next lane have straight ahead at teh same time. Ive seen several accidents due to this.

Posted by: Popeye ()
Date: August 05, 2008 06:33PM

Whenever I encounter a malfunctioning traffic light I call the
Police Non-Emergency Number and in each case the light
has been fixed very quickly. I also explain in detail
just what the problem is. The cops know exactly who to call
for repairs and no need for me to go through all the bureacracy.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.