HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Official Help Me Find School Supplies Thread
Posted by: FFxCo parent ()
Date: July 29, 2008 08:56AM

Many parents are now going through the scavenger hunt for school supplies, some very specific and hard to find.

I'll start... I need packs of white construction paper. Target, WalMart, KMart were no-go, they only had assorted colors in packs. Has anyone seen packs of only white construction paper?

I could order online, but then I'd be paying $2 for the pack and $10 shipping. I'll do it if I have to, but maybe we can help each other find some of this stuff.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Official Help Me Find School Supplies Thread
Posted by: CCC ()
Date: July 29, 2008 09:18AM

Your schools PTA does not do school supplies? If so, much easier than running for store to store looking for the stuff.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: July 29, 2008 09:21AM

Michaels always has alot of art supplies like that in stock.

Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: July 29, 2008 09:42AM

I just go to my office manager, get an office supply catalog, and order from there. Both Viking and Staples offer free delivery if your office has an account.

Posted by: a_lurker ()
Date: July 29, 2008 09:49AM

Have you tried the Big Lots, in Sterling? I can't vouch for the stuff they will have there, I saw an advert on TV for their big back-to-school sale.

Posted by: Eastsider ()
Date: July 29, 2008 12:09PM

Does J.F. Thomas Art Supply still exist? It was in the Bailey's Crossroads shopping center on the south side of Route 7.

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: July 29, 2008 12:18PM

You might want to wait to buy supplies. FFX county usually does a tax free weekend for school supplies.

RICHMOND, Va. (Map, News) - Virginians are banking on the state's back-to-school tax holiday this weekend to save money on supplies needed for the school year - a welcome gift amid high gas and food prices.

For the third year in a row, shoppers will enjoy a break from paying state taxes on school supplies and clothing. Starting at 12:01 a.m. Friday, they'll be spared the 5 percent sales tax on school supplies priced up to $20 per item and clothing and shoes costing up to $100.

http://www.wtopnews.com/?nid=25&sid=1449635

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2008 12:22PM by Lurker..

Posted by: FFxCo parent ()
Date: July 29, 2008 05:44PM

Thank you TheMeeper, your idea worked great and they had what I needed!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.