HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Can Anyone Recommend Someone to Make Custom Curtains
Posted by: Curtains ()
Date: January 30, 2013 10:45PM

I'd like to have curtains/ draperies made for my kitchen and family room in Northern VA. I'm interested in any recommendations for someone who can help with choosing fabric and a style and who does quality work at a reasonable price. I appreciate any recommendations and contact info. Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can Anyone Recommend Someone to Make Custom Curtains
Posted by: Great Fallsian ()
Date: January 30, 2013 11:11PM

We've had curtains made several times at Calico Corners at Seneca Square - corner of Georgetown Pike and Leesburg Pike. They do a wonderful job.

Posted by: Burgman ()
Date: January 31, 2013 02:26AM

I had several sets of curtains made at Calico Corners at Seneca Square for my lovely oversized house because I'm ostentatious. They had a chemical smell too them so I threw them out and went to Target.

Jeezus I hate all the infomercials on tv these days.

Posted by: Fairfax Stationer ()
Date: January 31, 2013 05:57AM

I've had beautiful window treatments made by Ethan Allen in Tysons. I work with a designer named Mimi Shipe and she has an amazing eye for design. I'll warn you now, you pay for what you get but depending on the fabric you choose, some treatments are more affordable than others (stay away from silk if you don't want to break the bank). It's a turn key operation and the installers do a fantastic job too. Being in the building business, I have recommended Mimi many times & have never had a disappointed referral.

Posted by: Curtains ()
Date: February 01, 2013 10:22AM

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll have to check these out. Any other recommendations?

Date: February 02, 2013 12:24PM

go to G Street Fabrics in Centreville. They have lots of people who can give you good advice.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.