HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Another RGII is "well spoken" comment
Posted by: Joe B. ()
Date: December 28, 2012 09:07PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another RGII is "well spoken" comment
Posted by: Ignorance is abundant ()
Date: December 28, 2012 09:15PM

I heard the same shit from my Fox News watching 75 year old father. We were at a relative's house for christmas eve dinner, and he said "If you close your eyes and listen to him speak, you would have no idea he was black".

I told him that if I closed my eyes and said "ACLU" or "Benghazi" or "Bill Maher", I could tell he was a senile Fox News viewer by listening to him rant about it.

Posted by: too big ()
Date: December 28, 2012 09:54PM

People are making way too big a deal about this topic. Yes, hes well spoken for a black athlete in this generation. No, its not racist to say that, comparing him to Jamarcus Russell, Maurice Clarett, Ray Lewis (Partially sane/well spoken), Santana Moss, Travis Henry, the list goes on and on... So yes, for a black athlete, who has conservative views (he went to school in TEXAS for fucks sake), a military brat, no surprise he turned out the way he did. People should just be happy DC has a QB for the future, black, white, yellow or brown, he's a winner for the long term

Posted by: James ()
Date: December 28, 2012 10:22PM

The rule for media is that if there are not alot of 'dis and 'dats in a black athletes speach then he should be described as "well spoken".

If he talks like Orakbo or Trent Williams then the media does not mention that the athlete cannot be understood.

Posted by: Conformist Mainstreamer ()
Date: December 28, 2012 11:56PM

Black men are scary. They also commit crimes.

It is refreshing whenever a black man has learned to speak exactly the way us white folks do. It makes them less intimidating.

Don't we all feel safer when everything is homogenized?

Posted by: dieing breed ()
Date: December 29, 2012 02:57AM

don't forget to take shots at joe biden-he'smart, he's well spoken, he's clean. oh sorry- that was b.h.obama

Posted by: Black Jesus ()
Date: December 29, 2012 10:45AM

Does he say "ask" or "aks"? That the telltale sign that he has some white blood in him. Real mandingo blacks cannot say "ask". It's impossible for them.

Posted by: Mad Raymond ()
Date: December 29, 2012 12:04PM

A 22-year-old who can form a sentence without resorting to the use of "like," "you know" or "whatever" IS well spoken. I don't care if he's purple with green stripes, he's more articulate than Caroline Kennedy, you know!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YF_pN8pWvg

Posted by: well spoken ()
Date: December 29, 2012 12:59PM

Is he that we'll spoken? He's no Cousins.

Posted by: spoke in the sky keeps turning ()
Date: December 29, 2012 01:03PM

He's well spoken for a freshman quarterback, not especially so for a veteran who can talk schemes and strategy as he still relies a lot on his superior athletic ability.

Posted by: BobGriffin ()
Date: December 29, 2012 04:10PM

Who is RGII??

Learn to spell before you post, loser.

Posted by: ATTN: FCPS ()
Date: December 29, 2012 06:53PM

FCPS should find out where he went to High School, and send a contingent there for training. This approach is much more likely to result in articulate & literate graduates than hiring Disney, for pete's sake. Fairfax property tax payers need to raise Cain. The schools get worse even as more $$$ is tossed their way.

Posted by: ATTN FCPS ()
Date: December 29, 2012 07:00PM

Furthermore, focus on something beyond race: this young man is a very self-possessed & articulate young adult. Somebody did something VERY right with his upbringing.

What needs to happen to make a few more of Fairfax County's youth turn out this way? I don't know the answer, but I think it's worth considering the question.

Bob

Posted by: No race-baiting? Huh? ()
Date: December 29, 2012 08:20PM

Gee, this was a hot topic when it was about race!

But, point out that many young adults, regardless of race, can't voice a coherent sentence and the thread just dies.

Stop wasting money on FCPS' version of public education. No matter how many $$ you throw at it, it is just a fundraising program for employees and textbook companies.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.