HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
I need to lose 30 pounds ASAP... is there a reputable weigh-loss center or fat camp here?
Posted by: CanadianBacon ()
Date: July 08, 2008 03:27PM

I currently weigh 243 pounds. Based on the BMI index, I should lose about
30 pounds to reach my ideal weight.

I want to do this ASAP, or at least before September 15... deadline for
getting a job.(which wouldn't be offered to me unless I reach the right BMI
numbers)

is there a reputable weigh-loss center or fat camp here that can help me
do this as quickly as possible?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I need to lose 30 pounds ASAP... is there a reputable weigh-loss center or fat camp here?
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: July 08, 2008 03:29PM

CanadianBacon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I currently weigh 243 pounds. Based on the BMI
> index, I should lose about
> 30 pounds to reach my ideal weight.
>
>
You must be 9 feet tall.

Re: I need to lose 30 pounds ASAP... is there a reputable weigh-loss center or fat camp here?
Date: July 08, 2008 03:32PM

CanadianBacon Wrote:
>

Seriously, though. If you get down to 213 pounds, you need to be about 6 foot 5 inches tall to be considered "normal weight."

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: July 08, 2008 03:37PM

It says singer song writer, but actually he runs a weight loss clinic on the side.

Either one of these numbers should work - http://www.meadeskelton.com/contact.htm

Ask for the Sweating to in the Statue of Liberty costume program.

Date: July 08, 2008 03:50PM

CanadianBacon Wrote:
>
> I want to do this ASAP, or at least before
> September 15... deadline for
> getting a job.(which wouldn't be offered to me
> unless I reach the right BMI
> numbers)
>
> is there a reputable weigh-loss center or fat camp
> here that can help me
> do this as quickly as possible?

To lose that kind of weight in that amount of time, you are going to have to use something like Atkins. It works. You will drop the weight quickly. You won't be able to keep it off, though.

Posted by: CanadianBacon ()
Date: July 08, 2008 03:50PM

I'm 6'6"....... :(

WashingToneLocian Wrote:
> CanadianBacon Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I currently weigh 243 pounds. Based on the BMI
> > index, I should lose about
> > 30 pounds to reach my ideal weight.
> >
>
> Seriously, though. If you get down to 213 pounds,
> you need to be about 6 foot 5 inches tall to be
> considered "normal weight."

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: July 08, 2008 04:28PM

With Atkins you'll loose the weight but you'll look like your about ready to die.

You can loose 30 pounds in three months but you have to stick to an extreme diet of NO FAT(No beer, no fries, no red meat etc..,) and workout every day for at least an two hours. I seriously doubt anybody can do it if they already have eating problems.

Posted by: Alias ()
Date: July 08, 2008 08:10PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2012 07:55PM by Alias.

Date: July 08, 2008 08:16PM

Alias Wrote:
> So, how was this job advertised?
>
> Position available in September. No fatties
> allowed. Random BMI checks to ensure a fat-free
> working environment.

It's either law enforcement, the military or firefighter. Of course, I don't think he would be offered a job until his weight was at an acceptable level, so I'm not sure what he is talking about.

Posted by: Alias ()
Date: July 08, 2008 09:24PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2012 07:53PM by Alias.

Posted by: Neen ()
Date: July 09, 2008 12:05AM

You can eat plenty of red meat on Atkins, all the meat you want. But don't touch a banana.

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: July 09, 2008 09:49AM

How about go to Darfur for 3 months?

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: July 09, 2008 12:32PM

Anyone considering Atkins should buy the book and read it, otherwise you won't understand why it works and why if you cheat "just this once" why you set yourself back a couple of days. Just saying "EAT ALL RED MEAT LOLZ" isn't correct. There are types of foods you can eat unlimited amounts of for the first two weeks and others that you have to carb-tally on. You then go to different phases.

I lost over 30 pounds on Atkins years ago. I have gained some of that back just because I missed fries and morning bagels but will cut those out again. You don't gain it back unless you go back to eating high-carbohydrate foods such as potato products, bread products, and pasta products.

Even though it was a "fad" a few years ago it does work... it burns your excess fat away by making your body use it for energy, as opposed to "low fat" diets that try to get you to avoid eating fat. But often the "fat free" foods are loaded with carbohydrates which the body then converts to fat... hard to win. In my experience is is WAY harder to maintain a low-fat diet than a low-carbohydrate diet.

Date: July 09, 2008 12:54PM

I have done Atkins and lost a bunch of weight quickly. The problem is your shit comes out like brown toothpaste and your stomach feels cruddy most of the time.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: July 09, 2008 02:24PM

Damn it I like to eat potatoes, pasta, and bread. no Atkins for me.

Posted by: Tim ()
Date: July 09, 2008 02:38PM

Why not skip the silly fad diets and just start working out on a regular basis? While it is possible to lose 30 lbs in two months on a ridiculous diet, let's be realistic; you're not going to be able to do it. Or even worse, maybe you'll somehow manage to make it through the 2 months of deprivation and get the job. Then , when you finally are unable to keep up with the rigorous eating requirements any longer, you start packing the weight back on and get fired for being fat.

If you take up some physical activity (perhaps a sport or something fun) you may be able to stick with it and lose the weight in 3-4 months in a healthy way. A few hours of exercise a week can easily save you from having to deprive yourself 24/7.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: July 09, 2008 06:36PM

I lost 35lbs from october to january... no special diets. I just stopped eating like a pig and started exercising. Fucking amazing.

Posted by: Wrinkle ()
Date: July 09, 2008 07:29PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> I lost 35lbs from october to january... no special
> diets. I just stopped eating like a pig and
> started exercising. Fucking amazing.

I've been doing exactly the same thing for over a year. Lost nearly 70lbs. If you burn more calories than you consume, you lose weight. It's not rocket science.

Anyway, 30lbs in 2 months is really hard to do and not particularly healthy. (Most good doctors will warn you that losing more than about 2-3lbs per week runs the risk of damaging your liver.) Just eat less, cut out the junk food, and exercise a lot. Build muscle mass too. Muscle burns a lot of calories, even when you're resting. Start now and you could probably drop ~20lbs by Sept (and if you tone yourself up, you can blame the extra weight on muscle-mass).

Posted by: WashngToneLocian ()
Date: July 09, 2008 07:31PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> I lost 35lbs from october to january... no special
> diets. I just stopped eating like a pig and
> started exercising. Fucking amazing.

The only thing I can think of that will let you lose 30 pounds in 2 months is Atkins. I'm not saying it is ideal, but for that much weight in that short of time, it is probably the only option.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: July 09, 2008 07:58PM

mangos taste like mango.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2008 08:08PM by RESton Peace.

Posted by: like2eat@theY ()
Date: July 10, 2008 01:00PM

Eat better and workout until Sept. From Sept.1-15 or whenever you have to weigh in, just cut weight....2 weeks is plenty of time to cut even 20 lbs.

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: July 10, 2008 03:29PM

WashingToneLocian Wrote:
> The problem is your shit comes out like brown toothpaste

TMI.....

Posted by: allivant ()
Date: July 12, 2008 07:35AM

portion control!!! that and work out.

vaburbia.com

Posted by: leanandmean ()
Date: July 12, 2008 07:44AM

CanadianBacon Wrote:
>
> I want to do this ASAP, or at least before
> September 15... deadline for
> getting a job.(which wouldn't be offered to me
> unless I reach the right BMI
> numbers)
>
> is there a reputable weigh-loss center or fat camp
> here that can help me
> do this as quickly as possible?

If you are 30lbs. overweight, maybe you are not cut out for this job.

Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: July 12, 2008 12:48PM

When all else fails, you could always cut your head off...

Posted by: dhsjdhks ()
Date: July 13, 2008 02:13AM

stop eating until everything goes dark u greasy whale

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.