HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Police seek suspect in six sexual assaults
Posted by: McGruff - The Crime Dog! ()
Date: October 27, 2012 10:44AM

Police seek suspect in six sexual assaults
Two police jurisdictions seek suspect
by Gregg MacDonald Staff writer
http://www.fairfaxtimes.com/article/20121023/NEWS/710239945/1117/police-seek-suspect-in-six-sexual-assaults&template=fairfaxTimes

Police in two jurisdictions are searching for a man who they suspect in six different assaults against local women.

The City of Falls Church police department announced Tuesday that they are seeking a man who shortly before 4:30 p.m. on Oct. 19, approached a woman walking with a baby stroller in the area of South Maple Avenue and Gibson Street.

Falls Church police said the man approached the woman from behind and forcefully grabbed her buttock area.

“He did not let go until she screamed. The suspect appears to be brazen as this attack occurred in broad daylight,” said Falls Church spokeswoman Susan Finarelli.

Finarelli said the suspect is described as a Hispanic male, approximately 5 feet, 6 inches tall. He has a thin build, his hair is worn short in the back and he may now be clean-cut having shaved off his beard. His skin complexion is medium and he was wearing a grey long sleeve shirt, blue jeans, and a red baseball cap.

That red baseball cap is what may tie the man with five previous assaults in Fairfax County.

The first incident, around 8:30 a.m. on Sept. 7, a 26-year-old woman was walking in the area of Old Keene Mill Road and Springfield Boulevard when she heard a whistle. When she reached the 7200 block of Monticello Boulevard a man allegedly grabbed her from behind and fondled her. The man fled. Police said the woman described that suspect as Hispanic, about 5 feet 6 inches tall and wearing a red baseball cap.

Then, around 2:45 p.m. on Sept. 18, police said a 16-year-old student was walking on a path in the 6700 block of Metropolitan Center Drive in Springfield when she was grabbed. The suspect allegedly fondled her and ran away. The suspect in that incident was described as a Hispanic male with a thin, black goatee or beard. He wore a red baseball cap, blue jeans, and a white T-shirt.

A 17-year-old girl was then grabbed from behind and fondled around 9 a.m., Sept. 27, in the 5900 block of Erving Street. Police said the woman was walking on the sidewalk when the assault occurred.

Police said the woman described the suspect as either Asian or Hispanic, mid-30s, around 5 feet 8 inches tall with a black, close-cut beard. He wore a blue T-shirt, black cotton sweatpants with a white stripe on each side and a red baseball cap.

In a fourth incident, a 15-year-old girl reported that she was grabbed from behind and fondled around 7:15 p.m., Oct. 2, in the 6200 block of Hibbling Avenue in Springfield. The girl was walking northbound on Hibbling near Exmore Street when the incident occurred. After she was grabbed, she pulled away from the suspect and fled.

Fairfax County police said a fifth fondling victim then came forth in the Springfield area and described a similar incident that took place on Sept. 19.

In that case, a 40-year-old woman reported that she was walking along Hibbling Avenue near Exmore Street when she heard someone behind her. As she turned to see why he didn’t pass, he grabbed and groped her as she struggled free. The suspect then fled. Police did not disclose the time of that incident.

“We are looking into the connection between these assaults and the one in Falls Church,” said Fairfax County Police spokeswoman Lucy Caldwell. “Besides the red baseball cap, there are other similarities in the Fairfax County cases, including the fact that many took place during daylight hours.”

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Police seek suspect in six sexual assaults
Posted by: It's Metro's Fault! ()
Date: October 27, 2012 10:56AM

How close were these to a metro station? I know the falls church groper has struck a few times over the summer, near Shreve/Haycock.

Date: October 27, 2012 11:36AM

It's Metro's Fault! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How close were these to a metro station? I know
> the falls church groper has struck a few times
> over the summer, near Shreve/Haycock.

Yes, I posted several of those articles here as well.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: October 27, 2012 11:43AM

any picture/drawing of the asshole or the cap,McGruff?

Date: October 27, 2012 11:47AM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> any picture/drawing of the asshole or the
> cap,McGruff?

Not that I am aware of.

Posted by: 6X ()
Date: October 27, 2012 12:45PM

McGruff - The Crime Dog! Wrote:
> Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > any picture/drawing of the asshole or the
> > cap,McGruff?
>
> Not that I am aware of.
Attachments:
springfield groper.jpg

Posted by: Mac ()
Date: October 27, 2012 01:34PM

10 to 1 odds he's here illegally....

Posted by: Yup ()
Date: October 27, 2012 01:38PM

He's staying in Gerry's place in Mantua.

Date: October 27, 2012 06:39PM

Ah, thank you. There have been so many, that I couldn't recall which police drawing went with which.

Posted by: What ()
Date: October 28, 2012 03:36AM

His name is McGruff.

Posted by: Don't esta ()
Date: October 28, 2012 03:50AM

the butt stabber. wasn't he found down south somewhere and brought back. is he out of jail on bond awaiting trial or getting counseling?

Posted by: Peanut Butter & Jelly Time ()
Date: October 28, 2012 04:34AM

Posted by: Bill Hayes ()
Date: October 28, 2012 07:48AM

One day America must do a gigantic ethnic cleansing. Hopefully, it will be peaceful.
If not, who gives a damn! Time to take out the trash!

Posted by: Ivy Bigbee ()
Date: October 28, 2012 01:23PM

I started carrying around mace when I moved to this area some years ago. I might start carrying a handgun. What do you think?

Posted by: Kathleen Canedo ()
Date: October 28, 2012 01:53PM

Ivy Bigbee Wrote:
> I started carrying around mace when I moved to
> this area some years ago. I might start carrying a
> handgun. What do you think?

I always carry pepper spray. Not sure if I would feel confident enough to carry a weapon like a gun around.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.