HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Storms Today
Posted by: Eastsider ()
Date: June 16, 2008 06:18PM

When the power went out in Falls Church, Tiger trailed by one stroke going into the 18th hole of today's playoff. When the power came on two hours later, he'd won. Damn.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Storms Today
Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: June 16, 2008 06:19PM

Dominion/VA power = Gay

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: June 16, 2008 07:26PM

Still no power around Tysons. Downtown McLean has power, but the lights are out on Great Falls St. creating a monumental traffic jam. This weather = t3h sUx0r

Date: June 16, 2008 08:47PM

Dont blame the weather, blame the utility for having crappy infrastructure

Posted by: meh meh ()
Date: June 16, 2008 09:24PM

LOL- same here- Tiger was about to putt on the 18th- then it came back on to see everything (he must have taken his time)- then the power went out again right before Tiger's sudden death putt.. hum.. conspiracy...

Posted by: COASTIE ()
Date: June 17, 2008 04:01PM

Was on the beltway when the shat hit the fan...and the pretty colors of transformers blowing in the Tyson area was actually cool! I knew it was going to be hassle for all those in the area because it looked like 3 transformers lew back-to-back-to-back. Couple of years ago one blew in front of my house, was without power for hours, when the repairman came and tried to reconnect flames shot out the top, he ran, got his in his truck and drove offf. Then we waited like 12 hours for replacementa nd power restored.

In the south, the standby electric companies, like came up here to help after the tornadoes, would clear trees during the spring and summer for the ice storms in the winter, and power hardly went out during storms. I wish the power companies upi here would do more preventive work.

Date: June 18, 2008 10:35AM

If they clear the trees, residents complain becasue then their yard isnt shady or similar bitching.

Posted by: Coastie ()
Date: June 18, 2008 11:24AM

If the trees are in the right of way, screw em. Did'nt Dominion do major cutting back after the hurricane blew through and the county lost water due to power outages with trees fallen on high voltage lines? Why don't they do it for the lower voltage lines?

Back when we first bought our house, it was reported to us that long ago the power company was going around and cutting trees affecting the lines that ran to the houses in N. Springfield. Who know how long ago it was, the previous owners lived for 30+ years and the owners fought to keep a pine in the yard. I had to cut it down ($$$) because it had grown up and was weighing on the lines...I wish they would have let the power company remove it long ago! BTW a neighboor with a similar treein similar location had it topped durign a storm and it fell on the neighbors power lines and put them out of power.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: June 18, 2008 12:07PM

COASTIE Wrote:
>> when the repairman came and tried to reconnect flames shot out the top, he ran, got his in his truck and drove offf.

LOL. That really happened? It sounds like something out of a Monty Python skit.

Posted by: SRE ()
Date: June 18, 2008 12:35PM

COASTIE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Was on the beltway when the shat hit the fan...and
> the pretty colors of transformers blowing in the
> Tyson area was actually cool! I knew it was going
> to be hassle for all those in the area because it
> looked like 3 transformers lew
> back-to-back-to-back.

I thought the Transformers were up in PA right now?

:-)

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/40/98275.html

Posted by: nakedshoplifter ()
Date: June 18, 2008 12:51PM

What the hell is a storm? Ohhh.. You must be talking about a STROM.

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/31101/31157.html

Posted by: Coastie ()
Date: June 18, 2008 02:22PM

No crap, had his fibergalss pole and got the breaker back into position and bam...he dropped his pole ran, went back got his pole, got in his truck and drove off!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.