HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Bryan Glenn
Posted by: Young Curmudgeon ()
Date: October 11, 2012 06:20PM

Joey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm not kidding PhotoJack, this is what I heard,
> and it actually makes more sense than some of the
> other wild theories I've read on here.

Wasn't he found in a seated position?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: October 11, 2012 06:29PM

Say whatttt Wrote:
> Priapus Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Laundry is hung. People are hanged
>
>
> People can be hung....you big dick

That is true as my name is my blessing and my curse. I guess English is your second language

Date: October 11, 2012 06:38PM

70chip Wrote:
----------------------------------------------------
> No, a 17 year old TOOK his on life, and as a
> Christian it's the biggest affront to God one can
> make. Do you think he was murdered? With no
> fighting or signs of a struggle? I pray for his
> parents souls, but there is no use praying for
> Bryan's, as he signed, sealed, and delivered it.

It's a huge affront to God in Judaism as well. He made his choice. God will judge him for it.

Posted by: McGravy ()
Date: October 11, 2012 06:59PM

Young Curmudgeon Wrote:
> It's a huge affront to God in Judaism as well. He
> made his choice. God will judge him for it.

When the good FFXU pastor asked you what your praying did and if it was magically going to get the boy to appear, everyone shushed him down, as they should have. Unfortunately, this is what you get with religion. Now these fagels are saying that the kid is going to live in a magical fire forever. Put your fanatics back on leashes please.

Posted by: est1127 ()
Date: October 11, 2012 07:47PM

I'm also a Christian, and don't believe that suicide is a one way ticket to damnation. People who attempt suicide are most likely depressed. People who are depressed have a physical illness and they are truly not in their right mind. The illness kills them, just as diabetes kills people, or cancer kills people. We have no way of knowing what happened, and my heart goes out his friends and family. I can't imagine everything they are going through right now.

Posted by: Speculator ()
Date: October 11, 2012 07:53PM

Once again all you people are speculating it was a suicide. Please site your sources tweens.

Posted by: fallschurchstill ()
Date: October 11, 2012 08:22PM

Poor Bryan. Police should have taken their job more seriously and approached his caase with the same concern they would if it were one of their own kids.

Regarding the auto asphixiation theory -- why would he go to the woods, close to a path that is frequently used, to do such a thing?

I'm still not convinced he didn't go there to -- maybe buy some weed or ? and met up with a criminal type. As I mentioned in an earlier post, when I was there last Monday, I saw some sketchy types walking around -- a couple of them would have made me very nervous if there were fewer people at the park.

I can only hope and pray that the police do the right thing and properly process whatever evidence they did find. Bryan's family deserves to know the truth, whatever it is.

To the poster who implied Bryan isn't in heaven, shame on you!! Since you are not God, I suggest you not speak for Him. You are the kind of person that causes people to look at Christians with disdain. The Bible says to preach the good news, which is that Christ died on the cross for our sins -- not -- so that we could condemn people who make mistakes!!

Posted by: SpaceWorm ()
Date: October 11, 2012 08:26PM

if someone killed him, you would think they would have done a better job hiding the body, at least bury it a bit. would it be that difficult?

Posted by: Peace ()
Date: October 11, 2012 10:07PM

News flash.....All speculating csi agents...you'll never know unless the family wants you to know what happened.
Youngsters, this may be your first experience with the unanticipated death of a young adult, but suicide is one of the first causes. Look at the data. Young adults are highest at risk for suicide...because....go on and speculate, BUT let the family have their space.
This is a much bigger deal to them than it will ever be to you. It's their child not yours.

You would never want to be in their position...leave it alone.
do something good with your time.
Peace.

Posted by: Thoughtful ()
Date: October 11, 2012 10:14PM

Rich? His dad is career military and his mom is a stay at home mom.

Posted by: Thoughtful ()
Date: October 11, 2012 10:17PM

He's not Arab. His father is white. His mom is Italian. Where does this stuff out of the air come from? People just make it up.

Posted by: Followup ()
Date: October 11, 2012 10:54PM

The entire community was pulled into this and asked for help, which it provided. And now, it's suddently no one's business what happened? Don't you think the community deserves to know the truth? How else can anyone learn from whatever happened?

Posted by: Boo Boo ()
Date: October 11, 2012 11:12PM

Followup Wrote:
> The entire community was pulled into this and
> asked for help, which it provided. And now, it's
> suddently no one's business what happened? Don't
> you think the community deserves to know the
> truth? How else can anyone learn from whatever
> happened?

What exactly did you do to help? Talk about it on FX underground?

Posted by: GYwKu ()
Date: October 11, 2012 11:14PM

Followup Wrote:
> The entire community was pulled into this and
> asked for help, which it provided. And now, it's
> suddently no one's business what happened? Don't
> you think the community deserves to know the
> truth? How else can anyone learn from whatever
> happened?

FUCK NO the community does NOT deserve to know - if you volunteered, you have my respect, but volunteering is not a paying job. You do something like volunteering out of the kindness of your heart, NOT to expect a fucking REWARD...in this case getting all, and any, details you are curious about.

There is nothing to learn - whatever the circumstances, it is the same as a million others of the past. Also, no one "pulled you in" - wtf are you talking about? Change the channel and stfu - if you look into an event and follow it, that is on you. No one owes you shit.

Posted by: lisa ()
Date: October 11, 2012 11:49PM

I honestly hope that Bryans family never comes to this site to read what others have said about they're son,as there are som very disturbed, deranged and mentally unstable people. I hope that you don't have to suffer a loss such as Bryans and have the tables turned on you with the same remarks that you have said about this young man. This is the most disgusting form of bullying of a deceased teenager I have ever heard of and many of you should be ashamed. I honestly don't know how you sleep at night.

Posted by: Skeet ()
Date: October 12, 2012 12:02AM

lisa Wrote:
> I honestly hope that Bryans family never comes to
> this site to read what others have said about
> they're son,as there are som very disturbed,
> deranged and mentally unstable people. I hope
> that you don't have to suffer a loss such as
> Bryans and have the tables turned on you with the
> same remarks that you have said about this young
> man. This is the most disgusting form of
> bullying of a deceased teenager I have ever heard
> of and many of you should be ashamed. I honestly
> don't know how you sleep at night.

Nobody is forcing you to read it. That's what's so great about the Internet...there are 500 million sites out there that if you don't want to read one, you don't have to.

Posted by: Shut up ()
Date: October 12, 2012 12:06AM

GYwKu Wrote:
> Followup Wrote:
> -----
> > The entire community was pulled into this and
> > asked for help, which it provided. And now,
> it's
> > suddently no one's business what happened?
> Don't
> > you think the community deserves to know the
> > truth? How else can anyone learn from whatever
> > happened?
>
>
> FUCK NO the community does NOT deserve to know -
> if you volunteered, you have my respect, but
> volunteering is not a paying job. You do something
> like volunteering out of the kindness of your
> heart, NOT to expect a fucking REWARD...in this
> case getting all, and any, details you are curious
> about.
>
> There is nothing to learn - whatever the
> circumstances, it is the same as a million others
> of the past. Also, no one "pulled you in" - wtf
> are you talking about? Change the channel and stfu
> - if you look into an event and follow it, that is
> on you. No one owes you shit.

People want to know if it was a murder or a suicide. If it is a murder, then a murderer is among us and the community has every right to know. Please get over yourself.

Posted by: So Typical ()
Date: October 12, 2012 06:44AM

Happens every time. The police, the family, the media - they want all the public's help and support in finding out what happened. But they never return the favor. Won't give you a clue, but expect you to spend your time searching, contributing, praying, whatever... Fuck that! Quid pro quo, Clarissa!

Date: October 12, 2012 10:04AM

Well -- remember ... Bryan's family is in shock. Never in their wildest dreams did they expect this to happen to their son -- to their family. And it's permanent -- losing their son and living with all the "why's" and "what if's" -- this is their new "normal" for the rest of their lives. I'm guessing this alone is probably more than they can bear, much less feeling they have to communicate to the public more details. I'm sure what they're going through is the most gut wrenching, sorrowful, life altering experience a person can have. They were a family of four; now they are a family of three, with one bedroom full of trophies and posters now silent - forever.

Posted by: Phantom Menace ()
Date: October 12, 2012 10:16AM

So the established facts about this story are are:
1. He was found dead in Thaiss Memorial Park a week after he went missing

Posted by: quay ()
Date: October 12, 2012 11:17AM

Suicidal kids are so unimaginative these days.

When I was a kid in the midwest in the 50's we had a very, very disgusting classmate. She was fat as hell and ugly as sin, so naturally we all ragged on her unmercifully, non-stop from first grade until ninth grade. That's when she offed herself, but she achieved immortality with her unique method.

In the wee hours of Halloween morning of our freshman year of high school, she put a bedsheet over her head, then the noose and hung herself from the bleachers at school. Everybody thought it was a Halloween decoration so she hung there for a couple of days (she was a foster kid so nobody reported her missing) until somebody noticed it wasn't a decoration, it was Fat Mary!

She'll be dead 54 years this Halloween and is still a local legend(kind of like the Bunnyman here), mentioned every Halloween and the subject of a toast at every class reunion. There is even a wing of the school named after her (a kid from our class got rich and donated the money for the building addition and stipulated that it be named for Mary).

In death, Mary achieved something she never would have otherwise. Immortality.

Kids are so lame these days!

Posted by: NoWayJose ()
Date: October 12, 2012 12:06PM

quay Wrote:
> In the wee hours of Halloween morning of our
> freshman year of high school, she put a bedsheet
> over her head, then the noose and hung herself
> from the bleachers at school. Everybody thought
> it was a Halloween decoration so she hung there
> for a couple of days (she was a foster kid so
> nobody reported her missing) until somebody
> noticed it wasn't a decoration, it was Fat Mary!

This story is just too awesome to be true. Back it up with proof and blow my fucking mind though, please.
Wouldn't the weight of her fat body cause it to pull off from the neck if she had been there for a few days? She would've shit all over the floor if she was naked after she died too as her sphincter muscles relaxed. If she had clothes on and her clothes absorbed her shit, it would still stink like fresh ass.

Posted by: BKind ()
Date: October 12, 2012 01:36PM

Excuse me 70Chip? People like you are the ones responsible for compassionate people turning away from religion. People that commit suicide are usually in horrific clinical depression that they hide from their friends and family, it is a mental illness. It was not a choice where they say to themselves "hmmm, I think I am going to throw the gift of life back in God's face." Karma is a b_ _ _ _, I seriously hope noone close to you commits suicide, there are no words for what survivors go through to try to understand.

One more thing, have they said it is a suicide or not yet?

Posted by: WTWAlumni ()
Date: October 12, 2012 01:52PM

Posted by: PhotoJack45 ()
Date: October 12, 2012 03:31PM

The police have said there is no threat to the community, so obviously they think it was suicide. It's a very sad story, and unfortunately it is the THIRD suicide of a Woodson student in two years -- Nick Stuban, Cameron Kilby, and now Bryan Glenn. Kids need to know there is help and love and support when things get tough for whatever reason.

Posted by: Nolan ()
Date: October 12, 2012 03:32PM

please please ENOUGH WITH THE DEAD KID ALREADY, do we really need a bazillion threads on this???!?!?!?!

-Thinkbox out.

Posted by: DOUCHEBOX MC ()
Date: October 12, 2012 03:42PM

Nolan Wrote:
> please please ENOUGH WITH THE DEAD KID ALREADY, do
> we really need a bazillion threads on
> this???!?!?!?!
>
> -Thinkbox out.

GIFSoup

Date: October 12, 2012 03:48PM

Better with sound dumbass.

Posted by: USMC95 ()
Date: October 12, 2012 03:56PM

WTWAlumni Wrote:
> Just saw this online
>
> http://fairfaxcity.patch.com/articles/police-no-pr
> edator-on-the-loose-cause-of-bryan-s-death-could-t
> ake-months-to-determine

Been in Fairfax 10 years - police here are far from impressive. Their performance in this case (even if this was a suicide) is pretty pathtic..

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: October 12, 2012 04:27PM

For busting kids with dime bags and rooting out drivers without stickers on their license plates, the cops here are flawless.

If you're a rapist or a murderer,you're pretty safe.

Date: October 12, 2012 05:02PM

BLEH for the last focking time i am NOT A SNITCH OR A COP.

and can we merge this dead kid thread with the 492 other dead kid threads. if it wasnt some hoyty toyty white kid then a fuck would not be given.

Posted by: DOUCHEBOX MC ()
Date: October 12, 2012 05:21PM

Nolan Wrote:
> BLEH for the last focking time i am NOT A SNITCH
> OR A COP.
>
> and can we merge this dead kid thread with the 492
> other dead kid threads. if it wasnt some hoyty
> toyty white kid then a fuck would not be given.

GIFSoup

Posted by: RETARDED MC ()
Date: October 12, 2012 05:25PM

Nolan Wrote:
> Better with sound dumbass.

That's a lie, because you can't rap worth shit and you look like you are having a Tourette Syndrome fit!

Posted by: Tweakend at Bernie's ()
Date: October 12, 2012 05:28PM

Posted by: Revenue Collector ()
Date: October 12, 2012 05:28PM

BEH Wrote:
> For busting kids with dime bags and rooting out
> drivers without stickers on their license plates,
> the cops here are flawless.
>
> If you're a rapist or a murderer,you're pretty
> safe.

It's all about numbers, quotas and revenue.

Missing children, murder investigations, and things of that nature cost the county a lot of money.

Catching commuters going a little too fast, pulling people over for dead stickers or tinted windows, that brings in a lot of cash.

What do you think "To Protect & Serve" really means? Protect the system, serve the system.

Posted by: kmv ()
Date: October 12, 2012 06:32PM

I think you people do need to find something better to do with your time. You're most likely grown men and women making up jokes and stories that aren't true. Bryan would NEVER do this to himself, ever. And if you can read, he was STRAPPED to a tree. If you hung yourself, you would come back to life and strap yourself to the tree. They're only ruling it a suicide right now because they have nothing better to do with their time. The private investigator even said its not a suicide. My brothers friend killed himself in early 2011, and they had a letter and knew why he did it. No kid out of nowhere goes to Dunkin Donuts, parks his car less than a mile from where he'd "kill himself". You people are absolutely horrible. He was EXCITED to start college. He was a STAR on the football team, he was SOCIAL and POPULAR! Seriously get your facts straight. I can't even imagine the pain his family is going through. I lost my best friend of 14 years in March from a lethal mixture of drugs and alcohol, but not knowing how your son died must be horrible. I'm an 18 year old recent high school graduate and I have more common sense than most of the people posting on here. Shame on you.

Rest in peace Bryan, I love you.
All my prayers go out to the Glenn family.

Posted by: James ()
Date: October 12, 2012 06:59PM

kmv Wrote:
> I think you people do need to find something
> better to do with your time. You're most likely
> grown men and women making up jokes and stories
> that aren't true. Bryan would NEVER do this to
> himself, ever. And if you can read, he was
> STRAPPED to a tree. If you hung yourself, you
> would come back to life and strap yourself to the
> tree. They're only ruling it a suicide right now
> because they have nothing better to do with their
> time. The private investigator even said its not a
> suicide. My brothers friend killed himself in
> early 2011, and they had a letter and knew why he
> did it. No kid out of nowhere goes to Dunkin
> Donuts, parks his car less than a mile from where
> he'd "kill himself". You people are absolutely
> horrible. He was EXCITED to start college. He was
> a STAR on the football team, he was SOCIAL and
> POPULAR! Seriously get your facts straight. I
> can't even imagine the pain his family is going
> through. I lost my best friend of 14 years in
> March from a lethal mixture of drugs and alcohol,
> but not knowing how your son died must be
> horrible. I'm an 18 year old recent high school
> graduate and I have more common sense than most of
> the people posting on here. Shame on you.
>
> Rest in peace Bryan, I love you.
> All my prayers go out to the Glenn family.

You are just repeating rumors that are circulating in your little world. No one was strapped to any tree. Do you really think that the medical examiner would return a finding of suicide if someone strapped him to a tree?

Here is what you do since you are so connected. Make an appointment with the detective in charge of the case. Tell him what you know or what rumors that you have heard. Then he may tell you some things that will surprise you. But you will never make any appointment. You will go on with your little life believing that "he isn't the type" that would kill himself.

Date: October 12, 2012 07:17PM

People keep talking about this because something seems off kilter. Why did Bryan buy two bottles of water and why were both opened and sitting in his car? Did he give a ride to someone from DD to the park? Why couldn't the dogs pick up his scent? His body wasn't far from the path -- it's not like the dogs would have had to roam deep into the woods to find him. Why wasn't there any odor? People walk that path all the time. The day of the search there was no odor at all. There is something amiss here. I'm glad the family hired their own PI.

Date: October 12, 2012 08:10PM

kmv Wrote:
>

That's a lot of meaningless speculation, but I suppose you think its ok because you knew him. So, if he would "never do this to himself", that implies he got himself mixed up in something he shouldn't have. So which is more likely?

Posted by: 7Vtmx ()
Date: October 12, 2012 08:23PM

Shut up Wrote:

> If it is a murder, then a murderer is
> among us and the community has every right to
> know.

Dumbass - there will ALWAYS be murders among us.

And no you do not have a right to know.

Posted by: 2 bottle bullshit ()
Date: October 12, 2012 08:27PM

The "2 bottles of water" is driving me crazy.

In my car right now there are at least FIVE bottles of water - some unfinished, some in gatorade bottles etc......

What kind of fucking retarded people are playing sherlock here?

Simpler for you - maybe one bottle was from wednesday and the other from monday and another from friday and another from saturday............

Posted by: Rest in peace ()
Date: October 12, 2012 08:29PM

Let this young man rest in peace

Posted by: Tough One ()
Date: October 12, 2012 08:56PM

Rest in peace Wrote:
> Let this young man rest in peace

+1000000000.

Posted by: WTW Grad ()
Date: October 12, 2012 09:13PM

My mother was one of the moms in the group that found his body. My perspective is coming from what she is telling me and not what has been put in the media.

1) The fact that the police didn't show up from the start on Monday shows that they had no real interest in the case.

2) The officer that was doing the interview wasn't just smirking he was also
laughing in his interview. I find nothing funny about this. He said that they didn't go that deep into the wooded area it was less than a mile away from his car how far did they actually go?

3) My mom was next to the lady that found him she says that he was standing up against a tree, and that everything felt off about the whole situation and scene. She doesn't feel that it was a suicide.

4) There was a younger kid(as my mom put it) about in his late teens to early 20's that admitted seeing Bryan in the woods the day he disappeared and admitted to helping putting a few of the tents up in the woods. He was trying to get their group to go in a different direction away from where they found the body. She said the kid felt all wrong.

The bottom line is the Glenn family is hurting right now and instead of being nasty to one another behind a computer screen we need to pull together as a community and help them heal from whatever answers they find. The Fairfax police messed this case up so badly unless someone comes to confess they will not get a "case solved" on this one. For such a big county and one that gets all the newest and best police "toys" they seem to mess up a whole lot.

Posted by: Not Sherlock ()
Date: October 12, 2012 09:30PM

2 bottle bullshit Wrote:
> The "2 bottles of water" is driving me crazy.
>
> In my car right now there are at least FIVE
> bottles of water - some unfinished, some in
> gatorade bottles etc......
>
> What kind of fucking retarded people are playing
> sherlock here?
>
> Simpler for you - maybe one bottle was from
> wednesday and the other from monday and another
> from friday and another from saturday............

Seriously! Sometimes I refill the water bottle and the top stays on. But some of my stinky breath, bacteria must have gotten into the water when I closed it up because then when I go drink that water, the bacteria must have multiplied and the water's skanky! So I get a new one.

I hope I don't kill myself tomorrow because if I do, these same crime sleuths might think that the reason I have jumper cables in my car is because I must have planned on meeting the bunnyman to then mutually shock eachother's testicles but unfortunately before I could do so, Seth Comstock as part of a lamb center consipracy, decided I knew too much so he forced me at gunpoint to write a suicide note and me to swallow 100 vicodin.

You know what's hilarious is that when that lady killed herself in Burke and other suicide incidences, people are always like "how selfish" "if you're going to do that, do it in the woods or something where your family won't have to see you like that" or don't jump in front of a train and traumatize everyone and fuck up their commute.

Date: October 12, 2012 09:47PM

Maybe some of you didn't catch it, but the poster KMV wrote at the bottom "I love you". This could be a girlfriend, and therefore I'm sure knows more about Bryan than any of us. I still believe 110% that this you man did NOT hang himself based on what I am hearing from people who were close to him, the reports that have come out, and now based on comments on one of the women who found him. Just because the police have stated that the community is not at risk, does not mean that a murderer is not out there. After all the screw ups the police have already done do you really trust anything they say at this point.? I really hope that this PI that the family hired finds out the truth about Bryan, and in the end rubs it in Fairfax County's face about how wrong they were and what a horrendous job they did. How embarrassing this will be for them. When all is said and done, I smell a very large lawsuit pending and what will be a well deserved one.

Date: October 12, 2012 10:01PM

James....... For the record, the ME has not released any cause or manner of death yet. So now who's circulating rumors in they're own little world?!?!?!?!?. I think you need to eat your own words.

Posted by: Non Believer ()
Date: October 12, 2012 10:02PM

First they said the medical examiner's report would be out Tuesday. Now they say it will take months? What exactly will take months? The coverup of the ineptitude of the Barney Fife Fairfax Po-Po? They hoping that everyone will forget if they just make everything disappear for a few months?

Posted by: Clarify... ()
Date: October 12, 2012 10:12PM

kmv Wrote:
>

So...your brother's friend killed himself, your best friend died from an accidental drug overdose and people are claiming you to be Bryan's girlfriend since you "love" him? Are you just the most unlucky person in the world or do you gravitate towards tragedy? because if it's the later, you lose credibility. If you're not full of crap, sorry. That all sucks, life is a bunch of shit sometimes.

Date: October 12, 2012 10:14PM

Non Believer Wrote:
> First they said the medical examiner's report
> would be out Tuesday. Now they say it will take
> months? What exactly will take months? The
> coverup of the ineptitude of the Barney Fife
> Fairfax Po-Po? They hoping that everyone will
> forget if they just make everything disappear for
> a few months?

That same article said they don't publicly release results. That's the family's business and you have absolutley no right to any information. How fucking self-centered do you have to be?

Date: October 12, 2012 10:17PM

lisa Wrote:
> Maybe some of you didn't catch it, but the poster
> KMV wrote at the bottom "I love you". This could
> be a girlfriend, and therefore I'm sure knows more
> about Bryan than any of us. I still believe 110%
> that this you man did NOT hang himself based on
> what I am hearing from people who were close to
> him, the reports that have come out, and now based
> on comments on one of the women who found him.
> Just because the police have stated that the
> community is not at risk, does not mean that a
> murderer is not out there. After all the screw
> ups the police have already done do you really
> trust anything they say at this point.? I really
> hope that this PI that the family hired finds out
> the truth about Bryan, and in the end rubs it in
> Fairfax County's face about how wrong they were
> and what a horrendous job they did. How
> embarrassing this will be for them. When all is
> said and done, I smell a very large lawsuit
> pending and what will be a well deserved one.

So know the family members of deceased should sue police because they didn't like the results? Give me a break. Please enlighten us on why you think that the family could and should sue, I would love to hear this.

Posted by: Peri ()
Date: October 12, 2012 10:23PM

WTW Grad Wrote:
> My mother was one of the moms in the group that
> found his body. My perspective is coming from what
> she is telling me and not what has been put in the
> media.
>
> 1) The fact that the police didn't show up from
> the start on Monday shows that they had no real
> interest in the case.
>
> 2) The officer that was doing the interview wasn't
> just smirking he was also
> laughing in his interview. I find nothing funny
> about this. He said that they didn't go that deep
> into the wooded area it was less than a mile away
> from his car how far did they actually go?
>
> 3) My mom was next to the lady that found him she
> says that he was standing up against a tree, and
> that everything felt off about the whole situation
> and scene. She doesn't feel that it was a
> suicide.
>
> 4) There was a younger kid(as my mom put it) about
> in his late teens to early 20's that admitted
> seeing Bryan in the woods the day he disappeared
> and admitted to helping putting a few of the tents
> up in the woods. He was trying to get their group
> to go in a different direction away from where
> they found the body. She said the kid felt all
> wrong.
>
> The bottom line is the Glenn family is hurting
> right now and instead of being nasty to one
> another behind a computer screen we need to pull
> together as a community and help them heal from
> whatever answers they find. The Fairfax police
> messed this case up so badly unless someone comes
> to confess they will not get a "case solved" on
> this one. For such a big county and one that gets
> all the newest and best police "toys" they seem to
> mess up a whole lot.

I'm glad we have a forensic expert like your moms friend to clear up that it "didn't feel like a suicide", whatever that means.

Date: October 12, 2012 10:40PM

Learn to read Peri. I said my MOM not friend. There is something called instinct that people have. I never once said she was a forensic expect that is why I said FELT and you can get a general feel of a situation when you are there. Everything that I wrote was on a "feeling" not fact never once did I put out that something was a fact.

My general message was that there is more to the case than what people are being told by the media and instead of tearing each other apart we should be trying to come together and help not only this family but the whole community because something is not right. If it was a homicide or a suicide issues need to be addressed. As many of said this is the 3rd death at Woodson since last year that seems to be a high number for one high school.

Posted by: Stop. ()
Date: October 12, 2012 10:53PM

To everyone on here who said it couldn't be a suicide because "he would never do something like that" or "I knew him and he was popular and had a great social life" etc...
just stop.

My cousin committed suicide last year. She was the last person you would expect to kill themselves. Always happy, had a lot of friends, beautiful girl...
Sometimes the happiest people we know can actually be the saddest underneath.

I'm not saying it was definitely a sucicde but I am just saying it is still plausible.

Posted by: lester holt ()
Date: October 12, 2012 11:21PM

To the ones here who don't understand why the 2 open water bottles are being questioned..

reports said he was in dd buying donuts and one bottle of water. left dd walking back to his car, then turned around and walked back in to buy another water.

Posted by: 4VbNG ()
Date: October 12, 2012 11:24PM

lester holt Wrote:
> To the ones here who don't understand why the 2
> open water bottles are being questioned..
>
> reports said he was in dd buying donuts and one
> bottle of water. left dd walking back to his car,
> then turned around and walked back in to buy
> another water.

link?

Posted by: Not close enough to see ()
Date: October 12, 2012 11:48PM

WTW Grad Wrote:
> My mother was one of the moms in the group that
> found his body.

Wasn't there a male off-duty non-Fairfax cop who also found the body and provided an expert opinion on the cause and method of death? That's the story I'm hearing.

Posted by: Kimmie Marie ()
Date: October 12, 2012 11:55PM

kmv Wrote:
> He was a STAR on the football team, he was SOCIAL and
> POPULAR! Seriously get your facts straight.

Woodson beat Annandale tonight. That's a straight fact.

Date: October 13, 2012 12:04AM

Skeet Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------
> So know the family members of deceased should sue
> police because they didn't like the results? Give
> me a break. Please enlighten us on why you think
> that the family could and should sue, I would love
> to hear this.

I never said that they should sue becuase they didnt like the results... those are your words, not mine.
I believe they should sue becauase they "failed" miserably at conducting what started as a missing persons report, which later turned into a death and once again they failed miserably at conducting a death investigation.

1. They assumed he was a runaway & took the officer OFF the case.
2. When the car was located, they released the car to the family.
3. They FAILED to impound the car & conduct any testing to collect evidence, fingerprints, DNA ect...
4. They FAILED to perform a proper search of the area where the car was located, and in doing so, missed the body allowing it to remain in the woods for a week.
5. This area is a known homeless/transient camp-out and they FAILED to question & obtain statements from anyone in that area, during the time his car was located.
6. They kept the park closed, while doing NOTHING, and when volunteers were willing, ready and able to search the area they were turned away. Again allowing the body to remain in the woods for a week.
7. His body was just a short distance off of a path & had they searched correctly, he very well could have been found Tuesday morning & not a week later.
8. When found, they quickly stated to the media that it was an apparent suicide, making this statement before ANY other possibilities were ruled out. Realizing they made a huge mistake, they retracted that statement.
9. Because Bryan's body sat for a week, any evidence such as DNA, fingerprints, fibers, ect.... could very well have been lost that were either one him or near him.

I think i've provided you with what you asked for, and explained why I feel a lawsuit is in order againt the City/County. Plain and simple they have made a huge mistake in this case, and because of they're negligence, its possible someone just got away with murder. Good enough for you?

Date: October 13, 2012 12:40AM

lisa Wrote:
> Skeet Wrote:
> ----
> > So know the family members of deceased should
> sue
> > police because they didn't like the results?
> Give
> > me a break. Please enlighten us on why you
> think
> > that the family could and should sue, I would
> love
> > to hear this.
>
> I never said that they should sue becuase they
> didnt like the results... those are your words,
> not mine.
> I believe they should sue becauase they "failed"
> miserably at conducting what started as a missing
> persons report, which later turned into a death
> and once again they failed miserably at conducting
> a death investigation.
>
> 1. They assumed he was a runaway & took the
> officer OFF the case.
> 2. When the car was located, they released the car
> to the family.
> 3. They FAILED to impound the car & conduct any
> testing to collect evidence, fingerprints, DNA
> ect...
> 4. They FAILED to perform a proper search of the
> area where the car was located, and in doing so,
> missed the body allowing it to remain in the woods
> for a week.
> 5. This area is a known homeless/transient
> camp-out and they FAILED to question & obtain
> statements from anyone in that area, during the
> time his car was located.
> 6. They kept the park closed, while doing
> NOTHING, and when volunteers were willing, ready
> and able to search the area they were turned away.
> Again allowing the body to remain in the woods for
> a week.
> 7. His body was just a short distance off of a
> path & had they searched correctly, he very well
> could have been found Tuesday morning & not a week
> later.
> 8. When found, they quickly stated to the media
> that it was an apparent suicide, making this
> statement before ANY other possibilities were
> ruled out. Realizing they made a huge mistake,
> they retracted that statement.
> 9. Because Bryan's body sat for a week, any
> evidence such as DNA, fingerprints, fibers,
> ect.... could very well have been lost that were
> either one him or near him.
>
> I think i've provided you with what you asked for,
> and explained why I feel a lawsuit is in order
> againt the City/County. Plain and simple they have
> made a huge mistake in this case, and because of
> they're negligence, its possible someone just got
> away with murder. Good enough for you?

Hey Judge Judy. You know nothing about the law or criminal investigations. There are no grounds for a law suit so shut up.

Posted by: I never make mistakes ()
Date: October 13, 2012 12:55AM

lisa Wrote:
> I never said that they should sue becuase they
> didnt like the results... those are your words,
> not mine.
> I believe they should sue becauase they "failed"
> miserably at conducting what started as a missing
> persons report, which later turned into a death
> and once again they failed miserably at conducting
> a death investigation.
>

Imagine getting sued for failing at something.

Can I sue you for failing to type without making a few typographical errors?

Typical, though. The cops should be super human, I guess, in your mind. Even if they fucked the whole thing up royally, there is absolutely no grounds to sue them, except maybe for being incompetent. I don't think you can sue them for being incompetent. It's not like they are licensed doctors, whom you can sue for being incompetent (and I disagree with that. license taken away, sure. sued? no.)

Date: October 13, 2012 01:19AM

McGravy Wrote:
> Young Curmudgeon Wrote:
> -----
> > It's a huge affront to God in Judaism as well.
> He
> > made his choice. God will judge him for it.
>
>
> When the good FFXU pastor asked you what your
> praying did and if it was magically going to get
> the boy to appear, everyone shushed him down, as
> they should have. Unfortunately, this is what you
> get with religion. Now these fagels are saying
> that the kid is going to live in a magical fire
> forever. Put your fanatics back on leashes
> please.

No, actually, he can be redeemed. Judaism states (clearly) that any punishment is only temporary.

Date: October 13, 2012 01:24AM

Skeet Wrote:
> Non Believer Wrote:
> -----
> > First they said the medical examiner's report
> > would be out Tuesday. Now they say it will
> take
> > months? What exactly will take months? The
> > coverup of the ineptitude of the Barney Fife
> > Fairfax Po-Po? They hoping that everyone will
> > forget if they just make everything disappear
> for
> > a few months?
>
>
> That same article said they don't publicly release
> results. That's the family's business and you have
> absolutley no right to any information. How
> fucking self-centered do you have to be?

First, the correct spelling is "absolutely". Second, he has the right to request the information, as per the Freedom of Information Act.

Date: October 13, 2012 01:38AM

>
> 1. They assumed he was a runaway & took the
> officer OFF the case.
Prove it.
> 2. When the car was located, they released the car
> to the family.
Okay, and that's not atypical at all, actually.
> 3. They FAILED to impound the car & conduct any
> testing to collect evidence, fingerprints, DNA
> ect...
Again, not exactly atypical. It's not frequent to conduct these searches unless you have a strong belief that the person has been murdered or kidnapped. The FCPD had neither.

> 4. They FAILED to perform a proper search of the
> area where the car was located, and in doing so,
> missed the body allowing it to remain in the woods
> for a week.

Define "proper search". Sounds to me like they searched.

> 5. This area is a known homeless/transient
> camp-out and they FAILED to question & obtain
> statements from anyone in that area, during the
> time his car was located.

If it is (I have no clue if it is or isn't), you'd have to verify that all of them were free of mental illness. And that they had actually been there on the day in question. Not really an easy thing to do.

> 6. They kept the park closed, while doing
> NOTHING, and when volunteers were willing, ready
> and able to search the area they were turned away.
> Again allowing the body to remain in the woods for
> a week.

They didn't want possible contamination? Volunteers mean well, but can royally screw up an investigation.

> 7. His body was just a short distance off of a
> path & had they searched correctly, he very well
> could have been found Tuesday morning & not a week
> later.

Questionable at best, a logical fallacy at worst.

> 8. When found, they quickly stated to the media
> that it was an apparent suicide, making this
> statement before ANY other possibilities were
> ruled out. Realizing they made a huge mistake,
> they retracted that statement.

Evidence suggests a suicide.

> 9. Because Bryan's body sat for a week, any
> evidence such as DNA, fingerprints, fibers,
> ect.... could very well have been lost that were
> either one him or near him.

No, not at all. You know little about criminal investigation, and less about forensics. Fibers, fingerprints, DNA, and other identifying things stay around for a very long time. Reference the Dr. Sam Shepherd case.

> I think i've provided you with what you asked for,
> and explained why I feel a lawsuit is in order
> againt the City/County. Plain and simple they have
> made a huge mistake in this case, and because of
> they're negligence, its possible someone just got
> away with murder. Good enough for you?

They have to prove all of this beyond a reasonable doubt. No lawyer would take a case like this. And, you can't sue the police for being incompetent. You can't fire people for being incompetent anymore either. The police have not committed any crime, which is something you seem to be forgetting.

Date: October 13, 2012 02:11AM

James..... And this is because you know me so well correct?

The rest that don't agree with why I feel a law suit is in order........ Let's all see who is right in the end. If I'm wrong in the end, I will gladly admit so, if im right..... An apology I will accept although I'm not so sure some of you are capable of admitting you were wrong.

Posted by: I never make mistakes ()
Date: October 13, 2012 02:22AM

lisa Wrote:
> The rest that don't agree with why I feel a law
> suit is in order........ Let's all see who is
> right in the end. If I'm wrong in the end, I will
> gladly admit so, if im right..... An apology I
> will accept although I'm not so sure some of you
> are capable of admitting you were wrong.

I don't disagree with the REASONS behind your desire for a lawsuit. I just KNOW you CANNOT sue the police for botching an investigation, or not searching for someone who is missing and possibly a runaway.

I understand why you feel like the police are super human and infallible, and why you feel like you can sue them for not measuring up to this unrealistic conceptualization of the police. You went to public school and you apparently watch a lot of CSI: shows, and have an institutional mentality.

Life is messy. It isn't as clinical and precise as you've been taught to believe through government education and marketing and entertainment on TV.

You have this idea that if the police had just done this one thing, or listened to this one person, or followed a certain lead, that the kid would have been found before he died. But after this commercial break, I suppose.

Posted by: Not Suicide! Met the wrong gun ()
Date: October 13, 2012 03:10AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl3Yh0Nn-Jc&feature=related

man, see i aint worried bout nobody out here man
you know what im sayin
send my young niggas to getcha

i send some young niggas to wait in front of yo momma house
waitin with them burners waitin on you to come out
when them drumms hit you brah, you gon be pronnounced
dead on the rival, throw over the towel
i dont give a damn nigga take this shit to trial
got a gang of young niggas in the jail house wild
got the jury paid off and the federal judge
you fuckin with a boss, i got all the plugs

his girl lookin for him
his mami looking for him
his kids lookin for him
his papi lookin for him
tell his folkes that he gone and he aint comin back home
next time they see his body they gon need a tombstone
he done fucked around, and got into it with the wrong one
them other niggas miss his ass, this time he met the wrong gun
tell his folkes that he gone and he aint comin back home
next time they see his body they gon need a tombstone

Posted by: hlkju ()
Date: October 13, 2012 07:36AM

the problem is not that the police didn't do a good job on this case, the problem is that the police almost never do a good job at anything here other than harassing average citizens. The full throated endorsement of poor public service in this area is typical, you do the same thing for teachers, you have a very low benchmark of expectations and that lets them all off the hook, in essence everything sucks here and thats the way you like it.

Posted by: Used by the Family ()
Date: October 13, 2012 08:13AM

Skeet Wrote:
>
> That same article said they don't publicly release
> results. That's the family's business and you have
> absolutley no right to any information. How
> fucking self-centered do you have to be?

Next time a family with a suicidal kid enlists the entire community's help, remember that after you've helped them search, prayed for them, and contributed money, in the end, all the thanks you'll get is a "fuck you, it's none of your goddamned business what happened!"

Posted by: Mad Raymond ()
Date: October 13, 2012 09:25AM

Young Curmudgeon Wrote:
> Skeet Wrote:
> -----
> > Non Believer Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > First they said the medical examiner's report
> > > would be out Tuesday. Now they say it will
> > take
> > > months? What exactly will take months? The
> > > coverup of the ineptitude of the Barney Fife
> > > Fairfax Po-Po? They hoping that everyone
> will
> > > forget if they just make everything disappear
> > for
> > > a few months?
> >
> >
> > That same article said they don't publicly
> release
> > results. That's the family's business and you
> have
> > absolutley no right to any information. How
> > fucking self-centered do you have to be?
>
> First, the correct spelling is "absolutely".
> Second, he has the right to request the
> information, as per the Freedom of Information
> Act.

No, he doesn't. Medical examiner reports are exempted as "medical records" under VA FOIA. Only available to legal next of kin, law enforcement, etc.

Bottom feeders
Posted by: Karen ()
Date: October 13, 2012 09:34AM

The family has already been told to stay away from the bottom feeders on this page so carry on with the vulture brunch

Posted by: Meowch ()
Date: October 13, 2012 12:05PM

This place reminds me of the kid's game,telephone. Enough with the, my mother's friend's cousin 6 times removed plumber said this. And how does it go from upright to standing to strapped to? Unbelievable. If you didn't see it with your OWN eyes or you happen to be the ME then you don't know squat. Hearsay. Rumors and more rumors. Any one with half a brain realizes this.

Posted by: BraddockRd Brad ()
Date: October 13, 2012 12:16PM

I think you people do need to find something better to do with your time. You're most likely grown men and women making up jokes and stories that aren't true. Bryan would NEVER do this to himself, ever. And if you can read, he was STRAPPED to a tree. If you hung yourself, you would come back to life and strap yourself to the tree. They're only ruling it a suicide right now because they have nothing better to do with their time. The private investigator even said its not a suicide. My brothers friend killed himself in early 2011, and they had a letter and knew why he did it. No kid out of nowhere goes to Dunkin Donuts, parks his car less than a mile from where he'd "kill himself". You people are absolutely horrible. He was EXCITED to start college. He was a STAR on the football team, he was SOCIAL and POPULAR! Seriously get your facts straight. I can't even imagine the pain his family is going through. I lost my best friend of 14 years in March from a lethal mixture of drugs and alcohol, but not knowing how your son died must be horrible. I'm an 18 year old recent high school graduate and I have more common sense than most of the people posting on here. Shame on you.

Rest in peace Bryan, I love you.
All my prayers go out to the Glenn family.

I tend to believe the family and friends of Bryan that knew him best as opposed to total strangers that assume the worst about human nature. It's shameful that more people think a sucide makes more sense than a violent crime even though Bryan was a young man who had a loving family and everything going for him. People on this forum have not only tried to brush this crime off, but condemn the poor kid to hell and defend the Fairfax County police for their obvious incompetence. It may take couple of years but a soon as real estate values bounce back I'm selling my house and getting out of this town and away from its people who think auto-erotic asphyxiation is more likely than trying to help a stranger in need and paying a horrible price for it.

The only reason someone would think the "Bryan was a good samaritan" theory was absolutely impossible or wildly unlikely is because kindness and charity for strangers is absolutely incomprehensible to them. The same could probably not be said of Bryan. According to his friends and people that knew him he was warm, caring, kind, and outgoing. Please support Bryan's family with positive messages in their time of need.

Posted by: Quincy ()
Date: October 13, 2012 01:32PM

Mad Raymond Wrote:
> Young Curmudgeon Wrote:
> -----
> > Skeet Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Non Believer Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > First they said the medical examiner's
> report
> > > > would be out Tuesday. Now they say it will
> > > take
> > > > months? What exactly will take months?
> The
> > > > coverup of the ineptitude of the Barney
> Fife
> > > > Fairfax Po-Po? They hoping that everyone
> > will
> > > > forget if they just make everything
> disappear
> > > for
> > > > a few months?
> > >
> > >
> > > That same article said they don't publicly
> > release
> > > results. That's the family's business and you
> > have
> > > absolutley no right to any information. How
> > > fucking self-centered do you have to be?
> >
> > First, the correct spelling is "absolutely".
> > Second, he has the right to request the
> > information, as per the Freedom of Information
> > Act.
>
>
> No, he doesn't. Medical examiner reports are
> exempted as "medical records" under VA FOIA. Only
> available to legal next of kin, law enforcement,
> etc.

Dont you mean the records are protected under the HIPA code...not FOIA. FOIA are available to the public.

Date: October 13, 2012 02:36PM

Not close enough to see Wrote:
> WTW Grad Wrote:
> -----
> > My mother was one of the moms in the group that
> > found his body.
>
> Wasn't there a male off-duty non-Fairfax cop who
> also found the body and provided an expert opinion
> on the cause and method of death? That's the
> story I'm hearing.

No I called my mom when I heard the officer say man and asked she said no the lady next to her screamed when she found him and they called it in.

Posted by: McGruff - The Crime Dog! ()
Date: October 13, 2012 02:40PM

Peace Wrote:
> News flash.....All speculating csi agents...you'll
> never know unless the family wants you to know
> what happened.
> Youngsters, this may be your first experience with
> the unanticipated death of a young adult, but
> suicide is one of the first causes. Look at the
> data. Young adults are highest at risk for
> suicide...because....go on and speculate, BUT let
> the family have their space.
> This is a much bigger deal to them than it will
> ever be to you. It's their child not yours.
>
> You would never want to be in their
> position...leave it alone.
> do something good with your time.
> Peace.

We should know in a week or so. A release will be issued with the Medical Examiner's findings.

Posted by: McGruff - The Crime Dog! ()
Date: October 13, 2012 02:48PM

Correction, it could be weeks or months.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: October 13, 2012 02:59PM

Used by the Family Wrote:
>
> Next time a family with a suicidal kid enlists the
> entire community's help, remember that after
> you've helped them search, prayed for them, and
> contributed money, in the end, all the thanks
> you'll get is a "fuck you, it's none of your
> goddamned business what happened!"

well...........................yeah. I gotta admit that's kinda how it's gonna be. And to be honest, WTF business is it of ours if the kid really just offed himself?

If it's suicide, that's really all we (as the public) have a right to know.

It sucks kid did it in the way he did, but at least he wasnt trying to make this a public thing - it just kinda happend that way.

What's stupid is that WE as the public (well, not me - but a lotta y'all) bought into the whole "it's a kidnapping" thing - and THAT'S the snowball that got rolling and made this a huge circus and what-not

Also, dont necessarily blame the family - can you say you wouldnt freak out and try EVERY avenue possible if you were in a similar scenario? I cant say I'd do the same, but I cant blame others for trying whatever they thought of to get their kid back, y'know?

But at the end of the day, if it is just a suicide, why do we (the public) deserve any more info on it (other than yes, it was a suicide) more than any of the 90+ suicides that are gonna happen this year in across the County?

Posted by: Suicide alley ()
Date: October 13, 2012 03:27PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> Used by the Family Wrote:
> -----
> >
> > Next time a family with a suicidal kid enlists
> the
> > entire community's help, remember that after
> > you've helped them search, prayed for them, and
> > contributed money, in the end, all the thanks
> > you'll get is a "fuck you, it's none of your
> > goddamned business what happened!"
>
>
> well...........................yeah. I gotta
> admit that's kinda how it's gonna be. And to be
> honest, WTF business is it of ours if the kid
> really just offed himself?
>
> If it's suicide, that's really all we (as the
> public) have a right to know.
>
> It sucks kid did it in the way he did, but at
> least he wasnt trying to make this a public thing
> - it just kinda happend that way.
>
> What's stupid is that WE as the public (well, not
> me - but a lotta y'all) bought into the whole
> "it's a kidnapping" thing - and THAT'S the
> snowball that got rolling and made this a huge
> circus and what-not
>
> Also, dont necessarily blame the family - can you
> say you wouldnt freak out and try EVERY avenue
> possible if you were in a similar scenario? I
> cant say I'd do the same, but I cant blame others
> for trying whatever they thought of to get their
> kid back, y'know?
>
> But at the end of the day, if it is just a
> suicide, why do we (the public) deserve any more
> info on it (other than yes, it was a suicide) more
> than any of the 90+ suicides that are gonna happen
> this year in across the County?

Fuck you, It's none of your goddamn business what happened.
Life goes on for the living.
It's always check out time for someone.

Date: October 13, 2012 03:32PM

@ Quincy

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+2.2-3705.5 VA FOIA exemptions

and

http://www.vdh.state.va.us/medExam/FriendsFamilyFAQ.htm Paragraph 7

And it's HIPAA, not HIPA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2012 03:34PM by Mad Raymond.

um..............
Date: October 13, 2012 03:33PM

@suicide - but that's what I just "said", dude..............

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2012 03:35PM by Gordon Blvd.

Date: October 13, 2012 03:53PM

Mad Raymond Wrote:
> @ Quincy
>
> http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+co
> d+2.2-3705.5 VA FOIA exemptions
>
> and
>
> http://www.vdh.state.va.us/medExam/FriendsFamilyFA
> Q.htm Paragraph 7
>
> And it's HIPAA, not HIPA

Thank you for your correction, I didn't know that.

Date: October 13, 2012 05:03PM

WTW Grad Wrote:
> Not close enough to see Wrote:
> -----
> > WTW Grad Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > My mother was one of the moms in the group
> that
> > > found his body.
> >
> > Wasn't there a male off-duty non-Fairfax cop
> who
> > also found the body and provided an expert
> opinion
> > on the cause and method of death? That's the
> > story I'm hearing.
>
> No I called my mom when I heard the officer say
> man and asked she said no the lady next to her
> screamed when she found him and they called it in.

Did you really graduate? You really need to go back for some post-graduate work in English. I am ashamed that a product of a Fairfax school would write like that.

Re: um..............
Date: October 13, 2012 05:05PM

@ young curmudgeon & others

I went through a slightly similar situation when my best friend's son was killed. All of a sudden, it seemed everybody in the local community was absolutely sure of various "facts," when truly they weren't. I saw this all up close because I was with my friend from identifying the body, dealing with the police, waiting on the medical examiner's report (took 7 wks due to toxicology testing) etc., etc.

People spouted their "facts" on the sidewalk, at the church, in the grocery store, the comments section of the Patch and also on this board. Most of it was either a little or a lot wrong, and I knew that because I was there for the actual events.

I've since concluded that these were well-intentioned folks who were using the info they'd heard in other stories on the news & on TV to comfort themselves in a painful situation. When people are hurting, they want ANSWERS - perhaps in the (vain) hope that an answer will relieve the pain of the loss. And when such a young person dies, the pain of the loss is felt by the wider community beyond the family, because it seems to defy logic.

The problem is that the information that everyone seeks or tries to provide does not relieve the pain. At the end of the day, we all have to come to terms with the loss, and learn to live with it. This will be a full-time task for the family for years, no doubt, but it also will be to a much lesser extent a task for all the friends, searchers and "hopers" who weren't involved directly but would have been so happy for a better ending.

In a better world, Bryan should be taking the SAT's and getting ready for the next steps in his young life. Problem is, we don't live in that better world. We're stuck in this one and have to deal with it.

Deepest sympathy to all those who are grieving Bryan's loss.

Posted by: Poor Ray ()
Date: October 13, 2012 05:17PM

Ray, you still trying to make this all about you? Looking for sympathy? Why not start your own pity-party thread?

Date: October 13, 2012 05:21PM

Poor Ray Wrote:
> Ray, you still trying to make this all about you?
> Looking for sympathy? Why not start your own
> pity-party thread?

Hi Rev! Ever get that spiritual counseling you were looking for here? Lots of houses of worship in the county are just waiting to help you!

Posted by: Wordless ()
Date: October 13, 2012 06:56PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> @suicide - but that's what I just "said",
> dude..............

Yea but I said it in three sentences or less.
Less is more, more or less.

Date: October 13, 2012 07:18PM

@Wordless - if that's true, then why'd you bother to respond? LoLz
@Poor - still trying to make this all about you? Looking for apathy? Why not simply stay on topic or start yr own thread? (are you even capable or that level of responsiblity? LoLz)
@Ray - yeah, I think we saw that same thing happen this time - ppl who knew the kid simply could not accept he did something like this so that's why it's gotta be a kidnapping..................

Posted by: Not a tween ()
Date: October 13, 2012 09:41PM

He was hanged. The searchers in the park saw this. The PI said he didn't think it is a suicide because he suspects some one else hanged Bryan.

My neighbor hanged himself a few years ago. No one would have ever expected that he would do such a thing.

Kids do kill themselves. Fairfax County doesn't report the number of suicides that happen each year. I think that we parents would be extremely shocked at how many teens and twenty somethings comitt suicide each year..

> Once again all you people are speculating it was a
> suicide. Please site your sources tweens.

Date: October 13, 2012 09:50PM

Not a tween Wrote:
> He was hanged. The searchers in the park saw
> this. The PI said he didn't think it is a suicide
> because he suspects some one else hanged Bryan.
>
> My neighbor hanged himself a few years ago. No
> one would have ever expected that he would do such
> a thing.
>
> Kids do kill themselves. Fairfax County doesn't
> report the number of suicides that happen each
> year. I think that we parents would be extremely
> shocked at how many teens and twenty somethings
> comitt suicide each year..
>
>
> -----
> > Once again all you people are speculating it was
> a
> > suicide. Please site your sources tweens.

The PI will say anything to get the family to pay him more money. That is how PI's work. The milk familys out of money by giving them false hope. The guy has virtually no experience in investigations.

Posted by: Conspiracy Theory ()
Date: October 13, 2012 10:38PM

Where was Obama, Biden, Romney or Ryan when this went down. Seems one or the other takes the blame for every other conspiracy on the forum. Who pulled the thread on the kid?

Date: October 14, 2012 03:29AM

I am very glad they have a PI on this. A lot of people in the community harbor serious concerns about both the way Bryan's case was handled as well as what the real cause of his death may be. Something isn't adding up.

Posted by: Former NVA'er ()
Date: October 14, 2012 03:46AM

The Bunny Man! Wow that's a flashback I had forgotten. The bunny man in Burke.

Posted by: Just Wondering ()
Date: October 14, 2012 10:18AM

I have a question....has there been any indication as to "time of death" in this case? Might it be possible that, at the time the Police and dogs searched the park, Bryan's body was not where it was ultimately found?

Posted by: Bunnyman2 ()
Date: October 14, 2012 10:33AM

There has been no indication of anything. Once he was found, the official word is that nothing is anyone's damn business and that no one has any right to know anything.

Posted by: gloria ()
Date: October 14, 2012 12:08PM

i agree on your last comment they are trying to keep a lid on all of this and how would anyone reach the PI bryans family hired if they dont believe the police are being helpful?

Date: October 14, 2012 12:16PM

Mad Raymond Wrote:
> @ young curmudgeon & others
>
> I went through a slightly similar situation when
> my best friend's son was killed. All of a sudden,
> it seemed everybody in the local community was
> absolutely sure of various "facts," when truly
> they weren't. I saw this all up close because I
> was with my friend from identifying the body,
> dealing with the police, waiting on the medical
> examiner's report (took 7 wks due to toxicology
> testing) etc., etc.
>
> People spouted their "facts" on the sidewalk, at
> the church, in the grocery store, the comments
> section of the Patch and also on this board. Most
> of it was either a little or a lot wrong, and I
> knew that because I was there for the actual
> events.
>
> I've since concluded that these were
> well-intentioned folks who were using the info
> they'd heard in other stories on the news & on TV
> to comfort themselves in a painful situation.
> When people are hurting, they want ANSWERS -
> perhaps in the (vain) hope that an answer will
> relieve the pain of the loss. And when such a
> young person dies, the pain of the loss is felt by
> the wider community beyond the family, because it
> seems to defy logic.
>
> The problem is that the information that everyone
> seeks or tries to provide does not relieve the
> pain. At the end of the day, we all have to come
> to terms with the loss, and learn to live with it.
> This will be a full-time task for the family for
> years, no doubt, but it also will be to a much
> lesser extent a task for all the friends,
> searchers and "hopers" who weren't involved
> directly but would have been so happy for a better
> ending.
>
> In a better world, Bryan should be taking the
> SAT's and getting ready for the next steps in his
> young life. Problem is, we don't live in that
> better world. We're stuck in this one and have to
> deal with it.
>
> Deepest sympathy to all those who are grieving
> Bryan's loss.

I'm not sure of anything, to be truthful. I believe that the evidence indicates a suicide, but I don't have any access to all the facts. The media is very selective in what they put out there (i.e. what causes the best stories).

Yes, a young man is dead, and it's tragic. He should be taking the SAT soon and going off to college next August. But he isn't. I've never lost a child, and God willing I never will. I can only imagine the anguish the family is going through.

Posted by: denial ()
Date: October 14, 2012 04:10PM

unfortunately, people see what they want to see. my guess is it is too painful for the family to admit to themselves that it could be a suicide, so they are hanging onto any possible hope, no matter how implausible, that it was foul play. and the PI is more than willing to keep billing.

fyi, my daughter is a student at WTW, and her interpretation of things is bryan was not a star on the team (the team is pretty bad as a whole, btw), he was new, and by no means popular. i am not saying this means his life is expendable, but i am just trying to say, he seems like a normal kid, susceptible to normal problems, pressures and depression. depression among teens is more prevelant than many posting on this board seem to realize. i don't think there is anything too suspicious about the circumstances. i think he killed himself.

Date: October 14, 2012 04:18PM

fallschurchstill Wrote:
> I am very glad they have a PI on this. A lot of
> people in the community harbor serious concerns
> about both the way Bryan's case was handled as
> well as what the real cause of his death may be.
> Something isn't adding up.

I took one look at this PI and one thought came to mind. He is a wannabe police officer who never was hired. He is young enough that he could not be a retired detective or anything like that. The family is wasting their money.

Date: October 14, 2012 04:51PM

If Bryan did decide to end his life, that in and of itself is a terrible tragedy. I don't think his parents will be in denial if that's what the evidence clearly indicates. Maybe it's the rest of us who are struggling to understand how he could have been standing next a tree for a week and no one noticed -- not a dog, not a cop, no one at the park -- it's just very strange and disturbing. I completely agree about depression -- it is an insidious thing, and I think teens often just don't have it in them to tell a parent/teacher/friend the truth about how they're feeling. A lot of teens also seem to see things in a black and white way -- i.e. nothing is going to get better because this is as good as it gets. That's really the depression interfering with their ability to look at things in a more hopeful/positive perspective. Even if Bryan had changes in his behavior, it's very possible they could have been overlooked. But according to his friends, he seemed happy. I know people can hide their depression from others. I hadn't realized Bryan was new to the school, and not very popular. That makes me even more sad. He seemed like a very nice person who was trying hard to do well -- achieving the rank of Eagle Scout is no small thing. He also seemed to be active in various school activities, so it wasn't like he was withdrawing from people. I can pretty much guarantee that if the mayor of Fairfax's child suddenly turned up missing -- that park would have been searched from top to bottom. That should have happened for Bryan. It shouldn't have been a group of mothers and friends volunteering to help with a search that Bryan's family set up one week after he still wasn't found. Just my opinion.

Pages: Previous1234AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 4

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.