HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
V-tech Shooter Emailed Video to News while shooting
Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: April 18, 2007 05:30PM

BLACKSBURG, Va. (April 18) - Between his first and second bursts of gunfire, the Virginia Tech gunman mailed a package to NBC News containing what authorities said were images of him brandishing weapons and a video of him delivering a diatribe about getting even with rich people.

"This may be a very new, critical component of this investigation. We're in the process right now of attempting to analyze and evaluate its worth," said Col. Steve Flaherty, superintendent of Virginia State Police. He gave no details on the material.

NBC said that a time stamp on the package indicated the material was mailed in the two-hour window between the first burst of gunfire in a high-rise dormitory and the second fusillade, at a classroom building. Thirty-three people died in the rampage, including the gunman, 23-year-old student Cho Seung-Hui , who committed suicide.

The package included digital images of him holding weapons and a manifesto that "rants against rich people and warns that he wants to get even," according to a law enforcement official who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak about the case.

MSNBC said that the package included a CD-ROM on which Cho read his manifesto.

"NBC Nightly News" planned to show some of the material Wednesday night, MSNBC reported.

NBC said it immediately turned the package over to authorities on Wednesday. The package was sent to NBC News head Steve Capus.

If the package was indeed mailed between the first attack and the second, that would help explain where Cho was and what he did during that two-hour window.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: V-tech Shooter Emailed Video to News while shooting
Posted by: cw ()
Date: April 18, 2007 06:28PM

I wonder if part of it was his parents running a dry cleaners and probably busting their asses 24 hours a day to make it. Then he goes to a university where there is an abundance of rich kids. Might have just burned inside him each day until he snapped.

Posted by: HappyMOnday ()
Date: April 18, 2007 06:41PM

oooh SNAP did you see the Mug on this kid. The hurt and anger and him trying to be all menacing with those two guns? Cant believe he mailed that stuff to NBC right before he went on his rampage. Daaaaaaamn

Posted by: Braddock Rd. Blood 4 Lyfe ()
Date: April 18, 2007 07:41PM

http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a/virginia-tech-shooting/20070416102509990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

Vtech Shooter Sounding all Napolean Dynamite in Raw Video. Scroll down to play his ranting and raving

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: April 18, 2007 10:02PM

He sounds like a psycho 4th grader. How did he get into Tech?

Posted by: Resident2 ()
Date: April 18, 2007 10:43PM

Lurker. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He sounds like a psycho 4th grader. How did he
> get into Tech?

i bet you his math skills were phenomenal

Posted by: All about VA ()
Date: April 18, 2007 11:12PM

LOL, that's funny. I bet his math skills were crazy. He sounded so socially deprived. Oh well, in a few weeks this will be old news like everything else that happens in VA.

Resident2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lurker. Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > He sounds like a psycho 4th grader. How did he
> > get into Tech?
>
>
> i bet you his math skills were phenomenal

Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: April 18, 2007 11:59PM

He sounds like a complete dumb-ass. It's fitting that this moron leaves behind videos that show what a stupid f*ck he really was. I'm sure he thought he sounded all profound and apocalyptic, but the napoleon dynamite reference was spot on.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: April 19, 2007 03:07AM

Good lord. That video is so fucking gay. He watched way too many movies.

Posted by: Kip ()
Date: April 19, 2007 12:21PM

They didnt air the part of the Video when he spoke about His chickens having large Talons and training to be a cage fighter.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: April 20, 2007 07:27PM

"I will die like Jesus Christ" Yep. he was hung on a cross. YOu shot yourself in the head. Big difference. I thought asians were supposed to be smart.

Did I just say that? I am not racist or stereotypical.

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.