HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Bill Gates Explains 1 Billion Investment in Clean Energy
Posted by: Glasses Nerd ()
Date: August 04, 2015 11:39AM

But when it comes to preventing the worst effects of climate change, the investments I make will matter much less than the choices that governments make. In Europe I got to talk about these choices with several political leaders, and in this post I want to share the steps that I encouraged them to take.

I think this issue is especially important because, of all the people who will be affected by climate change, those in poor countries will suffer the most. Higher temperatures and less-predictable weather would hurt poor farmers, most of whom live on the edge and can be devastated by a single bad crop. Food supplies could decline. Hunger and malnutrition could rise. It would be a terrible injustice to let climate change undo any of the past half-century’s progress against poverty and disease—and doubly unfair because the people who will be hurt the most are the ones doing the least to cause the problem.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/we-need-clean-energy-innovation-lots-bill-gates

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bill Gates Explains 1 Billion Investment in Clean Energy
Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: August 04, 2015 03:24PM

The Saudis are already shitting themselves and trying to get their oil out of the ground as soon as possible. The liberal way liberates us once again.

Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: August 04, 2015 04:51PM

I really can't understand why anyone would be against finding and using alternative energy sources. Whether you're democrat or republican, right or left how is this anything but a positive thing.

If you're sick of all the middle East terrorism, take away their funding...oil. Any jobs or economic loss from the oil business will just be replaced by the alternative. How can anyone be pro-pollution and how can anyone not understand that the people on Earth are committing mass suicide/genocide by allowing the atmosphere to heat up?

WTF?

Posted by: Government Cheddar ()
Date: August 04, 2015 05:17PM

Numbers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I really can't understand why anyone would be
> against finding and using alternative energy
> sources. Whether you're democrat or republican,
> right or left how is this anything but a positive
> thing.
>

No one is against developing and using alternative energy sources; they're against the government handing out hundreds of millions of dollars to various well-connected con artists, grifters and snake oil salesmen claiming that they want to "develop and manufacture" these technologies while all they really want to do is line their pockets with government cheddar.

Posted by: Reality Checks ()
Date: August 04, 2015 07:32PM

The whole global warming scam might have caught on if Al Gore had not used it as his means to get rich after he was done in by the Clintons.

After Obama is gone and the global warming government funding dries up you won't hear about it much and the true environmental scientists will go back to the less lucrative but more worthy research.

Others will just move on to the next government-funded scam.

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: August 04, 2015 07:44PM

Government Cheddar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Numbers Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I really can't understand why anyone would be
> > against finding and using alternative energy
> > sources. Whether you're democrat or republican,
> > right or left how is this anything but a
> positive
> > thing.
> >
>
> No one is against developing and using alternative
> energy sources; they're against the government
> handing out hundreds of millions of dollars to
> various well-connected con artists, grifters and
> snake oil salesmen claiming that they want to
> "develop and manufacture" these technologies while
> all they really want to do is line their pockets
> with government cheddar.

The total amount you refer to is less than what is given to big oil in subsidies yearly. Think about that. I know that noodle upstairs of yours has been polluted but think about what I just said.

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.