HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 123AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 3
Join the Army with a felony conviction?
Posted by: Armyboi ()
Date: June 15, 2008 07:54AM

Can someone join the military with a record?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Join the Army with a felony conviction?
Posted by: Sgt. Hulka ()
Date: June 15, 2008 08:10AM

We'll take almost anyone, son...

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: June 15, 2008 01:34PM

isnt this a question for a recruiter?

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Native/ ()
Date: June 15, 2008 02:03PM

Army? Yes. Any other branch? No way. That's just what we need, felons protecting this country, I guess we're all fucked.

Posted by: heck yeah ()
Date: June 15, 2008 03:12PM

Absolutely....including violent felonies. The Post ran an article about this recently. The military is getting desperate.

The Air Force is the pickiest. they might not take you.

Posted by: foreskin gump ()
Date: June 15, 2008 04:31PM

Whose army are you thinking of joining?

Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: June 15, 2008 04:38PM

Native/ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Army? Yes. Any other branch? No way. That's just
> what we need, felons protecting this country, I
> guess we're all fucked.

All branches are doing it

About one in five Army recruits needed a waiver in 2006, up from 12.7 percent in 2003.

More than half of the Marine recruits needed a waiver in 2006, a bit higher than in 2003, and largely due to their more strict drug requirements.

About 18 percent of Navy recruits required a waiver, up slightly from 2003.

Just 8 percent of Air Force recruits had waivers, down a bit from 2003.

Military Accepting More Ex-Cons
Associated Press | February 14, 2007
WASHINGTON - More recruits with criminal records, including felony convictions, are being allowed to join the U.S. Army and Marine Corps, as the armed services cope with a dwindling pool of volunteers during wartime.

The military routinely grants waivers to take in recruits who have criminal records, medical problems or low aptitude scores that would otherwise disqualify them from service. Most are moral waivers, which include some felonies, misdemeanors, and traffic and drug offenses.

Defense Department statistics show that the number of Army and Marine recruits needing waivers for felonies and serious misdemeanors, including minor drug offenses, has grown since 2003. Some recruits may get more than one waiver.

The Army granted more than double the number of waivers for felonies and misdemeanors in 2006 than in 2003.

The number of felony waivers granted by the Army grew from 411 in 2003 to 901 in 2006, according to the Pentagon, or about one in 10 of the moral waivers approved that year. Other misdemeanors - from petty theft or writing a bad check to some assaults - jumped from about 2,700 to more than 6,000 in 2006, representing more than three-quarters of moral waivers granted by the Army.

Army and Defense Department officials defended the waiver program as a way to admit young people who had made a mistake but overcome past behavior.

Lawmakers and other observers said they were concerned that the struggle to fill military ranks in this time of war had caused standards to fall.

"Our armed forces are under incredible strain, and the only way that they can fill their recruiting quotas is by lowering their standards," said Rep. Marty Meehan, a Massachusetts Democrat who has been working to get additional data from the Pentagon. "By lowering standards, we are endangering the rest of our armed forces and sending the wrong message to potential recruits across the country."

Army spokesman Paul Boyce said Tuesday he was concerned that the Pentagon data differed from Army numbers, but said that "anything that is considered a risk or a serious infraction of the law is given the highest level of review."

"Our goal is to make certain that we recruit quality young men and women who can keep America defended against its enemies," Boyce said.

The data was obtained through a federal information request and released by the California-based Michael D. Palm Center, a think tank that studies military issues.

"The fact that the military has allowed more than 100,000 people with such troubled pasts to join its ranks over the past three years illustrates the problem we're having meeting our military needs in this time of war," said Aaron Belkin, director of the center.

The military also does not have programs that help convicted felons adjust to military life, according to a new study commissioned by the center, Belkin said.

As the Iraq and Afghanistan wars have dragged on, the military also has relaxed some standards in order to meet recruitment demands. The Army, for example, increased its age limit for recruits from 35 to 42, and is accepting more people with lower scores on a standardized aptitude test.

The Pentagon said in its report that "the waiver process recognizes that some young people have made mistakes, have overcome their past behavior, and have clearly demonstrated the potential for being productive, law-abiding citizens and members of the military."

The military in its report divides moral waivers into six categories: felonies, serious and minor non-traffic offenses, serious and minor traffic offenses and drug offenses.

According to the Pentagon, nearly a quarter of military recruits in 2006 needed some type of waiver, up from 20 percent in 2003. Roughly 30,000 moral waivers were approved each year between 2003 and 2006.

About one in five Army recruits needed a waiver in 2006, up from 12.7 percent in 2003.

More than half of the Marine recruits needed a waiver in 2006, a bit higher than in 2003, and largely due to their more strict drug requirements.

About 18 percent of Navy recruits required a waiver, up slightly from 2003.

Just 8 percent of Air Force recruits had waivers, down a bit from 2003.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2008 04:39PM by Mofo.

Posted by: patrick ()
Date: October 16, 2008 09:57PM

Armyboi Wrote:
> Can someone join the military with a record?

if i lost my right to posesse a fire arm can i still join

Posted by: Bob ()
Date: October 16, 2008 10:04PM

patrick Wrote:
> Armyboi Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Can someone join the military with a record?
>
> if i lost my right to posesse a fire arm can i
> still join

That might be a deal breaker. Though, technically, you don't own a gun in the military, you are issued it, and you cannot carry it outside of a combat zone or off base.

I think they make exceptions based on the nature of the crime you were convicted of, and what other factors might make you more desirable (some skill, etc.)

Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: October 16, 2008 10:12PM

No felon of any kind can legally possess a firearm or even ammunition unless the state they are in has restored their rights. People have been sent to jail for a few shotgun shells and nothing else.

But you must not be the only one, the army has a FAQ just for you!

http://www.army.com/articles/may_faq_felony.html

I have a burglary of an ocupied structure
Posted by: joshua ()
Date: October 28, 2008 10:39AM

Armyboi Wrote:
I have a 3rd degree felony 9 years ago non violent burglary..
do have any chance of serving my country??

Posted by: cheetah ()
Date: October 28, 2008 11:04AM

Be creative Native....your Congressman are convicted felons and they're making the laws. If you look at it, a convicted felon such as one convicted of manslaughter, would be of great use to the military as long as they know their target.

Posted by: b7cC3 ()
Date: October 28, 2008 12:38PM

McCain was a felon convicted of war crimes. (for bombing innocent civilians in Vietnam) He returned to service in the navy and the navy didn't seem to have
a problem with that conviction. Nor did the United States Senate when McCain
was elected in Arizon later on.

Posted by: ANTHONY B ()
Date: December 17, 2008 11:22AM

Armyboi Wrote:

I have A felony conviction for A reckless endangerment 1st. It was a mistake and i have learned from it I need a chance to redeem my self. I have always wanted to be in the army and i pray to god that ican still join if there is someone that can help me please do my e-mail is tinamarir0415@sbc.net please there has to be a way.

Posted by: Bob ()
Date: December 17, 2008 12:19PM

obviously anthony b is trying to get people to spam his ex girlfriend tina marie.

Date: December 17, 2008 02:44PM

Bob Wrote:
> obviously anthony b is trying to get people to
> spam his ex girlfriend tina marie.

either that or soon to be ex-girlfriend.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: tubby ()
Date: December 17, 2008 06:51PM

There is lots of gang graffiti spray painted on stuff in Iraq.

Who the hell do you think did that?

Posted by: agribs ()
Date: December 21, 2008 12:21PM

native that is the most ridiculous thing i've heard. you blaming ppl on an assumption. and btw almost ever single crime these days is some sort of felony. get real and wake up just cause someone has a felony doesn't mean there a bad person. i love how you are the typical lock em up and throw away the key kinda person. i bet you're the most perfect person this world has ever seen. ppl do make mistake sometimes and we as citizens need to welcome these ppl back into society without prejudice if they want to better themselves otherwise we are just as bad as the ppl we fight against.

Date: December 21, 2008 12:53PM

agribs Wrote:
> ppl do
> make mistake sometimes and we as citizens need to
> welcome these ppl back into society without
> prejudice if they want to better themselves
> otherwise we are just as bad as the ppl we fight
> against.

that is the most ridiculous thing i've heard. you blaming ppl on an assumption.

Attachments:
TerroristCat.jpg

Posted by: Sgt. ()
Date: January 22, 2009 05:25AM

Armyboi Wrote:

we are all citizens of this country. if someone makes a mistake in their life, that should not screw them for the rest of their life. if someone want to serve this country, why not let them. if a "screw up" is willing to go and fight and possibly die so you can sit hear and bad mouth their wishes, by all means let them. i dont hear/see you willing to go out there and fight so you can have the rights you have.

"It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

~Dennis Edward O'Brien, Master Sergeant, USMC, 2nd Force Recon

Posted by: tubby ()
Date: January 22, 2009 07:15PM

Back during 'Nam, FFX judges routinely gave convicts the choice of joining the Army or jail.

Depression 2.0 might make the military more picky as enlistments are already climbing as the economy tanks....and we're nowhere near the bottom.

Posted by: Jim Jones ()
Date: January 24, 2009 01:50AM

Armyboi Wrote:

I'm in the Air Force and I have a felony (non-violent) and 4 DUI's. I'm a Staff Sargeant and I work on bomber aircraft.

Date: January 24, 2009 03:20AM

Jim Jones Wrote:
> Armyboi Wrote:
> -----
> > Can someone join the military with a record?
>
> I'm in the Air Force and I have a felony
> (non-violent) and 4 DUI's. I'm a Staff Sargeant
> and I work on bomber aircraft.

so i guess we have you to blame. http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5gqW1MIwJ3oWiNxJwqePcVNtXrmfg - http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/air_space/4273248.html

Attachments:
stealth-470-a-0708.jpg

Posted by: david w ()
Date: March 23, 2009 12:17PM

I have two felony convictions which one is a weapons charge and the other is an attempted theft of a motor vehical. What is the chance of me being able to join the service?

Posted by: wanna a soldier ()
Date: April 07, 2009 04:05PM

I am a convicted felon, but I want to join the military. I was charged with aggravated assault when I was 17, but I was convicted when I was 23. I am wondering if I can join branch of the military with that conviction on my record? I haven't gotten in any more trouble exept for a traffic ticket since then. I spode with an Army recruiter and he told me I couldnt join the Army with any type of felony.

Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: April 07, 2009 04:10PM

l

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2010 05:25AM by inkahootz.

Posted by: be all you can be ()
Date: April 12, 2009 02:42AM

this i know we left a country, to make this country. at some point we broke another's country's law's to allow this country to make laws.

Posted by: sir taele! ()
Date: July 24, 2009 02:09PM

can i join the military with an conviction?i was covicted for aggravated battery and robbery is it possible for me to join..i was convicted when i was 17yrs old and they had sent me to boot camp which was my first offense! now im 19yrs old with a g.e.d so is it possible??

Posted by: § ()
Date: July 24, 2009 02:16PM

I'm sure the Sandanista guerrilla army will take you.

They have cooler weapons and Rx access.

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: July 24, 2009 02:18PM

Join the French Foreign Legion.

Date: July 24, 2009 02:23PM

LOL, yes. They have cool berets that say "Rusty" on them.

Posted by: Jive Turkey ()
Date: July 24, 2009 02:46PM

LOL. That was European Vacation. Just don't toss it off the Effiel Tower!

Posted by: Best I can be ()
Date: July 28, 2009 01:37PM

I have been trying to get excepted into the Army for the last year. I had a low grade felony when I was 14 for Auto Theft and a speeding ticket at 21, but I have not been in any trouble since then. I have a BA in Criminal Justice, and currently applied to go back to school for my RN in nursing. My college GPA is 3.75 on the 4.0 scale. I am in good health and fitness. If joining Army is so easy why can't I get a recruiter to talk to me?

Date: July 28, 2009 01:45PM

You could try a right-wing militia group.

Posted by: Judge Reinhold ()
Date: July 28, 2009 04:35PM

Armyboi Wrote:

You could try to not be so gay with your armyboi handle.

Posted by: Sgt. Rock ()
Date: July 28, 2009 04:44PM

tubby Wrote:
> Back during 'Nam, FFX judges routinely gave
> convicts the choice of joining the Army or jail.
>
> Depression 2.0 might make the military more picky
> as enlistments are already climbing as the economy
> tanks....and we're nowhere near the bottom.

I had a friend back in the day who was going nowhere fast. He was a "regular"
at the town's municipal court for doing stupid things. (Like throwing a
stool through the glass on a pinball machine because it didnt work)
The judge gave him a choice. Either 90 days in the County Jail, or join
the military. 22 years later, he retired as a Master Sgt. in the Army
and to this day thanks the judge for turning his life around.

Posted by: aidenmay ()
Date: August 16, 2009 08:26PM

I have been trying to get excepted into the Army for the last year. I had a low grade felony when I was 14 for Auto Theft and a speeding ticket at 21, but I have not been in any trouble since then. I have a BA in Criminal Justice, and currently applied to go back to school for my RN in nursing. My college GPA is 3.75 on the 4.0 scale. I am in good health and fitness. If joining Army is so easy why can't I get a recruiter to talk to me?

Contact another recruiter...it sounds like he's too lazy to look into a waiver. Congrats on doing so well in school!

Posted by: bobbyb ()
Date: September 17, 2009 08:26PM

Right, right God Bless america right! once convicted apparently condemed!!!! People make mistakes, all of them. The true psychos worth damning will never be released, as they shouldnt be. quit being so anti-human and grow up. maybe you and nancy grace should get married. or better yet i hope you make a mistake that condemns you, so you know what its like to be judged over and over and over and over.................................................. this is reply to all who feel this man is wrong

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: September 18, 2009 12:01AM

bobbyb Wrote:
> Right, right God Bless america right! once
> convicted apparently condemed!!!! People make
> mistakes, all of them. The true psychos worth
> damning will never be released, as they shouldnt
> be. quit being so anti-human and grow up. maybe
> you and nancy grace should get married. or better
> yet i hope you make a mistake that condemns you,
> so you know what its like to be judged over and
> over and over and
> over..............................................
> .... this is reply to all who feel this man is
> wrong

Can someone translate?

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: September 18, 2009 12:43AM

It depends upon what profession you're aiming for within the MIL as well. The nature of the crime is what matters though, if you're a Murderer or a Rapist, don't count on it, but if it has to do with Drugs (Minus some kingpin type garbage), maybe a Fistfight or something similar, then you might get a waiver.

Date: September 18, 2009 12:46AM

eesh Wrote:
> bobbyb Wrote:
> -----
> > Right, right God Bless america right! once
> > convicted apparently condemed!!!! People make
> > mistakes, all of them. The true psychos worth
> > damning will never be released, as they
> shouldnt
> > be. quit being so anti-human and grow up. maybe
> > you and nancy grace should get married. or
> better
> > yet i hope you make a mistake that condemns
> you,
> > so you know what its like to be judged over and
> > over and over and
> >
> over..............................................
>
> > .... this is reply to all who feel this man is
> > wrong
>
>
>
> Can someone translate?

What he's obviously saying is that a Felony Conviction becomes a permanent mark upon someone for the rest of their life, and they are (Often times unfairly), always and forever defined by such.

Posted by: Owen Eden ()
Date: October 08, 2009 07:54AM

I am going to talk to an Army recruiter next week. While I only have one misdemeanor conviction, I do have a couple of arrests that I do need to disclose. In addition, someone has a restraining order against me. Nonetheless, I am okay with whatever happens and I never thought I would say that. At the time of my arrests, I was way headed down the wrong path and needed to somehow get turned around. I was never going to do it on my own. Had I not gotten arrested, I might not still be alive to even "Talk" about joining the military or, I would have gotten way out of control and ended up in prison for the rest of my life. I do not regret my mistakes nor should any of you. If you cannot get a waiver, there are hundreds of other possibilities for you so do not go off the deep end. Whatever happens is what is supposed to happen. Remember, there is a war going on.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: October 08, 2009 05:00PM

Owen Eden Wrote:
> I am going to talk to an Army recruiter next week.
> While I only have one misdemeanor conviction, I
> do have a couple of arrests that I do need to
> disclose. In addition, someone has a restraining
> order against me. Nonetheless, I am okay with
> whatever happens and I never thought I would say
> that. At the time of my arrests, I was way headed
> down the wrong path and needed to somehow get
> turned around. I was never going to do it on my
> own. Had I not gotten arrested, I might not still
> be alive to even "Talk" about joining the military
> or, I would have gotten way out of control and
> ended up in prison for the rest of my life. I do
> not regret my mistakes nor should any of you. If
> you cannot get a waiver, there are hundreds of
> other possibilities for you so do not go off the
> deep end. Whatever happens is what is supposed to
> happen. Remember, there is a war going on.

You are a total fuck up.

Posted by: Dane Bramage ()
Date: October 08, 2009 05:58PM

496 Wrote:
>
> You are a total fuck up.

Why would you say that?

Posted by: slattery1033 ()
Date: October 27, 2009 11:54AM

hey man, just because someone has a feloney does not mean that they are not able to protect this country. if you ask me the reason why we are loseing this war is because the army lets in a bunch of soft ass moma's boys. most criminals have lived hard lives and are hardend men because of that. these kind of men just need some direction and strusture. so to let in felons to protect this country. i think we should do it more often. o and also if the government can not turn these kind of men into something good then we need to change something

Posted by: Spacy ()
Date: October 27, 2009 01:44PM

b7cC3 Wrote:
> McCain was a felon convicted of war crimes.

Who told you that?

Posted by: TefD187 ()
Date: October 27, 2009 02:57PM

the sad thing is Michael Vick does his time, and is allowed a second chance to make millions again, and this dude can't get into the army.

Date: October 28, 2009 04:55AM

TefD187 Wrote:
> the sad thing is Michael Vick does his time, and
> is allowed a second chance to make millions again,
> and this dude can't get into the army.

+100 Great point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2009 04:55AM by ThePackLeader.

Date: October 28, 2009 05:03AM

Talking about having serious convictions, and getting into the MIL. I knew of a big Samoan dude who got into my Old Man's SpecOps unit around the time he left command of it, and the reason he even joined up in the first place is that he was in criminal trouble, and the judge gave him a choice of jail time, or the MIL. He was a real bad ass, and throughout his career he was always being promoted, then demoted lol. He was amazing though, and he ended up further training the guys in the Unit in Hand-to-Hand Combat, and he was then requested as part of such to do the same with our forces in Panama. I heard this guy could wield two machetes/swords at a time like it was nobody's business.

The bottom line, is that you might need to apply yourself harder if you already have a DQ against you in regards to the DOD Enlistment Guidelines, but if you really push yourself, and especially if you go into a field where you have a VERY noteworthy talent, then the MIL might very well take you. The Official guidelines are not written in concrete, especially in regards to SpecOps and SpecWar.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2009 05:08AM by ThePackLeader.

Posted by: RestonLass ()
Date: October 28, 2009 07:21AM

slattery1033 Wrote:
> hey man, just because someone has a feloney does
> not mean that they are not able to protect this
> country. if you ask me the reason why we are
> loseing this war is because the army lets in a
> bunch of soft ass moma's boys. most criminals have
> lived hard lives and are hardend men because of
> that. these kind of men just need some direction
> and strusture. so to let in felons to protect this
> country. i think we should do it more often. o and
> also if the government can not turn these kind of
> men into something good then we need to change
> something

In today's wars, the military does not want men and women with a history of misdemeanors and felonies - people who do not believe in structure and discipline.

The military wants men and women who can be trained quickly to follow orders and do their job without questioning the orders of their superiors and not become Taliban fodder the first week on the job.

The military is not in the mental health business nor does it have time to "turn undicisplined men and women around." Military boot camps are not a feel good mental health group rehab center. Boot camp officers don't have the time, inclination or resources to play psychologist hand holders, helping men and women work through their deamons before they are ready to be trained.

Their jobs are to train men and women to survive in a war zone - the undisciplined and unstructured have shown that they don't take rules and regulations seriously and the military now deems them too costly and difficult to train, plus their "attitude" can put the lives of those around them in danger.

Trainable Men and women with clean records are signing up every day. There is no shortage of good "soldier material" so why waste time and money on losers?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2009 07:25AM by RestonLass.

Posted by: Kennysum1 ()
Date: December 14, 2009 01:39PM

You guys need to get real. I just recently got convicted of a felony. Just because you get one does not mean you are a bad person, I am a full time college student and full time worker. You guys sit here and make assumptions about people with felonies, I have lost 4 jobs because of that crap.

Who is better to carry a gun and shoot people than some people who would do it to survive?

We do not need a bunch of little scared kids over there that have never had to survive, never had to worry about food, water or a clean pair of clothes.

I will tell you one thing, some little kid comes running at me with a grenade in his hand and I will blow him off the face of the earth and sleep like a baby.

No wonder there is so much post-traumatic stress syndrome, send me over there, I will show you how to make the other army afraid of YOU

Posted by: tc ()
Date: February 08, 2010 04:52AM

RestonLass

U are an asshole who needs a reality check. or a good ass kicking from the people you down grade>. R u freakin stupid or what?

Your stupid views and negative comments are why this country needs a change.

I bet there are more then a few thousand men in prison who are better people then u.

Do some research> just cause someone is in jail or prison doesnt mean they are pieces of shit. so shut up stupid ass and all u other negative assholes.

To all questioning if they should join- Well join the military and put some structure in your life.

Posted by: Felony in USAF ()
Date: February 08, 2010 11:22AM

I was arrested with 2 counts of Felony Embezzlement in 2003. I Ended up getting a 96 on the ASVAB. TheY wrote me a waiver. If you study and score high wn
enough they will let you in. My recruiter told me that they don't really care about charges as long as you test high enough, haven't used drugs in 6 months, claim to have used drugs less than 15 times, don't have warrants, don't tell lies that they can catch, and you aren't gay lol. Ssgt - Air traffic controller

Posted by: Truth22 ()
Date: February 08, 2010 03:31PM

Jesus, this thread really illustrates the naive, vulnerable, uneducated, young men that our army preys on. Almost all the people posting about how they want to join seem to have the grammatical skills of a 6th grader, this country is going down the fucking toilet. DONT JOIN THE ARMY! Pursue an education, make money and live your life. The Army doesn't give a shit about you or me, they just want more meat for the grinder, don't become a slave to the military industrial complex.

Date: February 08, 2010 05:13PM

Felony in USAF Wrote:
> I was arrested with 2 counts of Felony
> Embezzlement in 2003. I Ended up getting a 96 on
> the ASVAB. TheY wrote me a waiver. If you study
> and score high wn enough they will let you in.

BULLSHIT
Attachments:
ROFL_MAO_Dog.jpg

Date: February 08, 2010 05:20PM

eesh Wrote:
> Felony in USAF Wrote:
> -----
> > I was arrested with 2 counts of Felony
> > Embezzlement in 2003. I Ended up getting a 96
> on
> > the ASVAB. TheY wrote me a waiver. If you
> study
> > and score high wn enough they will let you in.
>
>
>
> BULLSHIT

No it is true. I was working for (a big electronics company in NOVA). I was tired of being fucked and treated like shit while I worked there. Anyways every so often there are deals for customers where they get gift cards with the purchase of computers. This time it was $100 gift cards. I would scan the gift card set it down, scan the rest of their items and pick up a blank gift card that was next to it and give that 1 to the customer. I did this for about 10 different customers over 2 days. I used the gift cards at another store and the reason why it was Embezzlement was because gift cards are considered the same as cash, embezzlement is taking cash from 1 location to another. Well there you have it. Fuck You.

Date: February 08, 2010 05:26PM

Ahem....the Air Force has the highest standards of all the services for criminal history waivers. Your statement of "if you study and score high enough they will let you in" is complete bullshit.

Felony embezzlement? Good luck ever getting a security clearance. :-(

Date: February 08, 2010 05:32PM

First off this is going to be my last post because I am not going to waste anymore time with you. I said I was charged with Felony Embezzlement, I never said I was convicted. Long story short I got 6 months probation and after that the charges were dismissed. And it is true, if Daddy has enough money to buy a good lawyer, he can get you out of anything. Haha

Date: February 08, 2010 05:36PM

Felony in USAF Wrote:
> First off this is going to be my last post because
> I am not going to waste anymore time with you. I
> said I was charged with Felony Embezzlement, I
> never said I was convicted. Long story short I
> got 6 months probation and after that the charges
> were dismissed. And it is true, if Daddy has
> enough money to buy a good lawyer, he can get you
> out of anything. Haha

BULLSHIT.

To add, scoring a 96 on the ASVAB is no big deal, especially to an Air Force recuiter. That wouldn't impress them enough to grant you a waiver.

Thanks, and make it a great day!!

Date: February 08, 2010 05:39PM

eesh Wrote:
> Felony in USAF Wrote:
> -----
> > First off this is going to be my last post
> because
> > I am not going to waste anymore time with you.
> I
> > said I was charged with Felony Embezzlement, I
> > never said I was convicted. Long story short I
> > got 6 months probation and after that the
> charges
> > were dismissed. And it is true, if Daddy has
> > enough money to buy a good lawyer, he can get
> you
> > out of anything. Haha
>
>
> BULLSHIT.
>
> To add, scoring a 96 on the ASVAB is no big deal,
> especially to an Air Force recuiter. That wouldn't
> impress them enough to grant you a waiver.
>
> Thanks, and make it a great day!!

Ok 1 more... Correction moron. Generally half of the people who enter the AF have no higher than 70 on ASVAB. Most are in the 50s and 60s. Before you speak, get your facts straight.

Posted by: Felony is USAF ()
Date: February 08, 2010 05:41PM

eesh Wrote:
> Felony in USAF Wrote:
> -----
> > First off this is going to be my last post
> because
> > I am not going to waste anymore time with you.
> I
> > said I was charged with Felony Embezzlement, I
> > never said I was convicted. Long story short I
> > got 6 months probation and after that the
> charges
> > were dismissed. And it is true, if Daddy has
> > enough money to buy a good lawyer, he can get
> you
> > out of anything. Haha
>
>
> BULLSHIT.
>
> To add, scoring a 96 on the ASVAB is no big deal,
> especially to an Air Force recuiter. That wouldn't
> impress them enough to grant you a waiver.
>

And stop getting your information from Wiki and Yahoo Answers.

Date: February 08, 2010 05:46PM

Felony in USAF Wrote:

>
>
> Ok 1 more... Correction moron. Generally half of
> the people who enter the AF have no higher than 70
> on ASVAB. Most are in the 50s and 60s. Before
> you speak, get your facts straight.

Not true! Besides having the highest standards for criminal waivers, the Air Force also has the highest standards for ASVAB scores. Do a little research and find out what the fuck type of MOS you can get in the Air Force with an ASVAB score below 60. Not much, that's for damn sure!

Tell me this, what was your GT score?

Date: February 08, 2010 05:46PM

Felony is USAF Wrote:

>
>
> And stop getting your information from Wiki and
> Yahoo Answers.

Okay....stop pretending to be in the military!

Date: February 08, 2010 05:52PM

For your ill-advised information "GT" is used by all branches for composite scores except for the air force where it is simply G. You probibly won't find that on the internet but it was 92.

Date: February 08, 2010 06:03PM

Felony in USAF Wrote:
> For your ill-advised information "GT" is used by
> all branches for composite scores except for the
> air force where it is simply G. You probibly won't
> find that on the internet but it was 92.

Yeah, I'm calling bullshit. No way....no way you would get a 92 under general if you got a 96 on the ASVAB. No fucking way.

Bye!

Date: February 08, 2010 06:06PM

eesh Wrote:
> Felony in USAF Wrote:
> Not true! Besides having the highest standards for
> criminal waivers, the Air Force also has the
> highest standards for ASVAB scores. Do a little
> research and find out what the fuck type of MOS
> you can get in the Air Force with an ASVAB score
> below 60. Not much, that's for damn sure!
>
> Tell me this, what was your GT score?

I got this from a buddy of mine who is a recruiter in the barracks next to mine. I took picture with my phone which is why there is poor quality. The air force claims to have a high standard but as I said before the don't care. If you have any other BS that you want me to disprove, let me know and I will be glad to. And again fuck you.
Attachments:
ASVAB1.jpg
SCORES.jpg

Date: February 08, 2010 06:10PM

Funny, the list you have posted shows the line scores not the minimum ASVAB scores.

Try again smart guy!

Date: February 08, 2010 06:11PM

eesh Wrote:
> Felony in USAF Wrote:
> -----
> > For your ill-advised information "GT" is used
> by
> > all branches for composite scores except for
> the
> > air force where it is simply G. You probibly
> won't
> > find that on the internet but it was 92.
>
>
> Yeah, I'm calling bullshit. No way....no way you
> would get a 92 under general if you got a 96 on
> the ASVAB. No fucking way.
>
> Bye!

Hey moron it was a 96 as an AFQT percentile which measures trainability. I also got a 60 in the section that tests on engines and batteries. This did not impact the AFQT score. Also I had no plans on being a mechanic. Do you want any more of my life story?

Date: February 08, 2010 06:11PM

eesh Wrote:
> Funny, the list you have posted shows the line
> scores not the minimum ASVAB scores.
>
> Try again smart guy!

Are you on crack?

Date: February 08, 2010 06:13PM

Felony in USAF Wrote:

>
> Hey moron it was a 96 as an AFQT percentile which
> measures trainability. I also got a 60 in the
> section that tests on engines and batteries. This
> did not impact the AFQT score. Also I had no
> plans on being a mechanic. Do you want any more
> of my life story?

I really don't want the life story of someone that embezzles from an electronics company (Best Buy?) I'm just calling bullshit as you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Thanks, and make it a great day!!

Date: February 08, 2010 06:18PM

eesh Wrote:
> Felony in USAF Wrote:
> -----
>
> >
> > Hey moron it was a 96 as an AFQT percentile
> which
> > measures trainability. I also got a 60 in the
> > section that tests on engines and batteries.
> This
> > did not impact the AFQT score. Also I had no
> > plans on being a mechanic. Do you want any
> more
> > of my life story?
>
>
> I really don't want the life story of someone that
> embezzles from an electronics company (Best Buy?)
> I'm just calling bullshit as you clearly don't
> know what you are talking about.
>

So you are saying that you are on crack then... Well that explains alot. Good Riddance.

Posted by: Circuit City ()
Date: February 08, 2010 06:42PM

I was reading the above propaganda and it is kind of funny.

Date: February 08, 2010 06:56PM

Alright Alright Alright.. So I made all of that shit up. I had to give the people wanting to enter the military with bad records atleast a sliver of hope. No I wasn't arrested for a felony. My best advice would be to talk to a recruiter and ask questions. Don't lie to them and ask them all of the questions that you have. If you lie, you will just end up wasting the time of both you and the recruiter becuase they will find out. Most of the time recruiters will work to help get you in even with minor blemishes and rarely some major ones but it does happen. Also more than crimal records, recruiters have begun (within the past year or 2) looking heavily on credit scores. Make sure you are in good standing with any and ALL of your credit cards and banks. Meaning not being AT MOST more than 30 days late in paying your bills. They also look to see if you had any bank accounts that were paid off by banks for being overdrawn for too long of a period of time. Also do not have more than 5 speeding tickets within a 365 day period. This is some basic information for the USAF. Other branches will be different but there you have it. A recruiter will be able to go into more detail as well.

Source: Air Force Recruiter

Posted by: Dutch ()
Date: February 24, 2010 05:30PM

My email is dutchwithmra@yahoo.com
I'm trying to find out if it's un heard of joing the marines or army with a bad record.
Such as Arson1 burglary2 CDS possession of firearm.
Yea I went to prison. I got 10 years, but got out in 3, I'm 25. Any way to waive that shit? I scored like a 70 on my asvab 4 years ago. I'm intelligent, and probably quite dangerous enough to be a warrior, not a reckless one. I also have a large neck tattoo. Lots to waive. But see the problem is I can't get a job with my record, forcing excons like me to do something desperate and stupid in order to survive, because the system is a fucked up one. going to a prison should show rehabilitation...lol well maybe not. But were free and made it out without catching another case. That's gotta show something. I almost killed a few people. I own my own small construction business. It is not working though.

Date: February 24, 2010 05:42PM

Dutch Wrote:
> My email is dutchwithmra@yahoo.com
> I'm trying to find out if it's un heard of joing
> the marines or army with a bad record.
> Such as Arson1 burglary2 CDS possession of
> firearm.
> Yea I went to prison. I got 10 years, but got out
> in 3, I'm 25. Any way to waive that shit? I scored
> like a 70 on my asvab 4 years ago. I'm
> intelligent, and probably quite dangerous enough
> to be a warrior, not a reckless one. I also have a
> large neck tattoo. Lots to waive. But see the
> problem is I can't get a job with my record,
> forcing excons like me to do something desperate
> and stupid in order to survive, because the system
> is a fucked up one. going to a prison should show
> rehabilitation...lol well maybe not. But were free
> and made it out without catching another case.
> That's gotta show something. I almost killed a few
> people. I own my own small construction business.
> It is not working though.

I'm going to go out on as limb and assume this isn't a troll post.

You can't join any service with a tattoo above the neckline. The Army has the lowest standards for tattoos; you can have them on your hands but the neck is a no go.

And you're going to need a waiver for the felony convictions. You should really talk to a recruiter instead of bitching online about how the system is bringing you down.

\
Attachments:
the_more_you_know2.jpg

Date: February 24, 2010 11:52PM

Dutch Wrote:
> My email is dutchwithmra@yahoo.com
> I'm trying to find out if it's un heard of joing
> the marines or army with a bad record.
> Such as Arson1 burglary2 CDS possession of
> firearm.
> Yea I went to prison. I got 10 years, but got out
> in 3, I'm 25. Any way to waive that shit? I scored
> like a 70 on my asvab 4 years ago. I'm
> intelligent, and probably quite dangerous enough
> to be a warrior, not a reckless one. I also have a
> large neck tattoo. Lots to waive. But see the
> problem is I can't get a job with my record,
> forcing excons like me to do something desperate
> and stupid in order to survive, because the system
> is a fucked up one. going to a prison should show
> rehabilitation...lol well maybe not. But were free
> and made it out without catching another case.
> That's gotta show something. I almost killed a few
> people. I own my own small construction business.
> It is not working though.

Lol, I hate Burglars and Thieves, and I hope they all rot in hell. Wtf are you doing B&E and Arson anyways? Pitiful. I feel sympathy for Felons who want to get on with their lives, but it depends upon the crime. Breaking into peoples places and/or trying to light them on fire simply isn't cool.

To be honest though, you sound like a damn troll.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Date: February 25, 2010 12:06AM

Felony in USAF Wrote:
> First off this is going to be my last post because
> I am not going to waste anymore time with you. I
> said I was charged with Felony Embezzlement, I
> never said I was convicted. Long story short I
> got 6 months probation and after that the charges
> were dismissed. And it is true, if Daddy has
> enough money to buy a good lawyer, he can get you
> out of anything. Haha

So you're claiming that you received a delayed deposition? I am assuming that you plea bargained down to a Misdemeanor first, and managed to stay the indictment by dealing it out with the ADA at your Prelim.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: bstone ()
Date: February 26, 2010 07:50PM

what about first time felony dui? lets say you were in your states drug court program which includes intensive substance abuse treatment? after completion, any hope of getting into the army?

Posted by: willaim farr ()
Date: March 16, 2010 02:26AM

sir i signed in with the army national guard when i was 24 and the military adopted my charges. I signed in for a 6 year contract thru sgt. alan dabney and was processed thru meps and wa assigned a 11-m mos but was never utilized. i currently have a few criminal charges pending right now but i am more than willing to go overseas to fight for our country.if you would like to contct me by phone my number is 8643206474 or home 8644229863. i do appreciate your time and i am ready to overseas to kick their ass, excuse my lanquage but the soldiers have been over their to oong and need to be relieved and im ready to go and say hooh ahh

thanks for you time sir,
william michael farr

Date: March 16, 2010 02:29AM

sir i signed in with the army national guard when i was 24 and the military adopted my charges. I signed in for a 6 year contract thru sgt. alan dabney and was processed thru meps and wa assigned a 11-m mos but was never utilized. i currently have a few criminal charges pending right now but i am more than willing to go overseas to fight for our country.if you would like to contct me by phone my number is 8643206474 or home 8644229863. i do appreciate your time and i am ready to overseas to kick their ass, excuse my lanquage but the soldiers have been over their to oong and need to be relieved and im ready to go and say hooh ahh

thanks for you time sir,
william michael farr

Posted by: dream on ()
Date: March 16, 2010 03:46PM

you won't be deployed with pending charges. also by the sound of it you have mental health problems. A buddy of mine had a psych eval done on him because he had around 25 speeding tickets. The military isn't too quick on letting anyone join in the first place. keep dreaming.

Posted by: jrod ()
Date: April 22, 2010 08:37PM

i am trying to join the Army but when I went to talk to a recruiter they told i wouldnt be able to join because a drug conviction i have from when i was 13 years old, 7 years ago. well anyways they said they could not get me waived because the army is "full" and they "closed" the option to waive drug convictions. if someone could give a bit more info i would appreciate it. thanks

Posted by: Dane Bramage ()
Date: April 22, 2010 08:54PM

jrod Wrote:
> if someone could give a bit more
> info i would appreciate it. thanks

If they could have got you in, they would have run a waiver. The charge is probably on the list of non-waiverable DQs

Maybe check out the Navy. You could also check back near the end of the fiscal year, August or so, and if they are off the end strength goals you might have a chance.

The other option is to wait when the economy gets better and the services become a little more desperate.

Date: April 22, 2010 10:35PM

jrod Wrote:
> i am trying to join the Army but when I went to
> talk to a recruiter they told i wouldnt be able to
> join because a drug conviction i have from when i
> was 13 years old, 7 years ago. well anyways they
> said they could not get me waived because the army
> is "full" and they "closed" the option to waive
> drug convictions. if someone could give a bit more
> info i would appreciate it. thanks

That doesn't make sense, because at 13, and with a drug conviction, your record would be completely sealed and expunged at 18. Can you give some more details regarding your actual conviction?

Go for the Marines if the Army won't take you, or try for Navy and go into NECC.

Posted by: Non Judgmental Mom ()
Date: May 20, 2010 02:49PM

This question is of interest to me because I know of someone attemting to get probation for a serious felony that has hopes of going into the Navy. He is not a bad person; just someone who got caught up in a situation. Everyone is apt to make mistakes. I do not personally have any arrests or convictions, however, I know good people who made mistakes and should be given a second chance. I just love all of the self-righteous pious people who have never made a mistake in their lives. Kudos to you!

If someone can pass a psych evaluation and they want to join the military, I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed.

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: May 20, 2010 02:52PM

join the French Foreign Legion. THey dont care if you are a felon or not.

Posted by: Guy ()
Date: June 17, 2010 05:18PM

I talked to a recruiter just to see if I was eligble as I have three felonies. 2 Vandalism and one escape. I was told I could get waivers. I took the Asvab in highschool and scored a 94 which helped. I was also told I cant have oustanding debt or any pending legal cases. Because I dont I could get waivers for the Army.

Posted by: You Lie ()
Date: June 17, 2010 05:34PM

The military does allow waivers... however the law states that the military can only waive 1 felony. You sir are a liar and a troll.

Posted by: jessica smith ()
Date: June 24, 2010 02:53PM

ive been covicted of theft by reciving i got 5yrs on paper i have 3 left

Posted by: Victor Franko ()
Date: June 24, 2010 03:03PM

True story: I was on DEATH ROW for killing a civilian in a botched armed robbery and the Army RECRUITED me for a special assignment.

All of you so-called "experts" don't know what you're talking about.

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: June 24, 2010 03:06PM

Why would the Army want a loser who couldn't even pull off an armed robbery? Wait...that was half of the guys I served with. Nevermind...I believe you.

Posted by: You lie ()
Date: June 24, 2010 08:27PM

Victor Franko Wrote:

> All of you so-called "experts" don't know what
> you're talking about.

you lie knew what he was talking about.

Date: June 24, 2010 09:02PM

You lie Wrote:
> you lie knew what he was talking about.

But he didn't claim to be an expert, now did he?

DID HE??

Date: June 24, 2010 09:12PM

I am an expert.

Date: June 24, 2010 09:14PM

You lie.

Date: June 24, 2010 09:20PM

Victor Franko Wrote:
> You lie.

You are not an expert.

Date: June 24, 2010 09:37PM

I am an expert in my own life's story, which is all I have recounted on this thread.

Posted by: al gore ()
Date: June 24, 2010 09:45PM

Victor Franko Wrote:

> all I have recounted on this thread.

what needs recounting? al gore was an expert in trying to get things recounted.

Posted by: premo ()
Date: June 25, 2010 01:29AM

i was charged with s.i.s. class b felony, but im not a convicted felon because of the s.i.s.. ive talk to the National gaurd recruiter about my charges and he never contacted me again after he said he will look it up. talking about bs

Posted by: change. learn or get burned ()
Date: July 23, 2010 04:37PM

I got 1 conviction (burgulry of habitation) i just paroled out wat are my chances of joining the army NOW... or is it gone have to wait till i get off papers??? ANYONE

Pages: 123AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 3

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.