HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Springfield Toyota Customer Service (or lack of)
Posted by: Mike ()
Date: March 09, 2011 02:22PM

So I bought a truck from the toyota dealer last......I bring the thing back in because the doors wont close properly about a week after purchasing.....I am told that to come back in two weeks so they can fix it they do not have time now. This kind of bothered me because I need the door to open and close properly and in order to fix it it would take about 5 minutes to adjust....Not a big deal but they definitly did not go out of their way for me...

So a few months ago my AC system started making a noise when it was turned on. I take it in they tell me they have to order the part, which is fine. Here I am 45 days later and still no fix....They told me the part is on order and will be here soon. In the meantime I am forced to drive to and from work everyday with an annoying noise that basically makes it so that you cannot use the AC. I have called several times to follow up and everytime the part should be here any day. I am calling BS on the guy the part was never ordered. Anyway it is frustating that they cannot help me in an efficient manner. The bottum line is that I have had to go through the winter with no heat in my new truck.

This is one place I would not go to buy a car or have it serviced. They will tell you that they will take care of you and are their to earn your business. What a crock. Stay away!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Springfield Toyota Customer Service (or lack of)
Posted by: jr ()
Date: March 09, 2011 02:34PM

I bleive you can take you car to any Toyota dealer. Your warenty is with Toyota not Springfield Toyota.

Posted by: Brian Jenkins ()
Date: March 09, 2011 02:56PM

I just submitted a note via their website letting them know about the problem and that it's driving customers away.

With gas prices going up, I'm definitely going to be interested in getting a deal on a Tacoma TRD/Off-Road soon, but since I drive off-road I'm also wanting to purchase someplace that offers good service. Thanks for the heads-up, I'll be sure to consider other dealerships in the area well before I look at anything Springfield Toyota may have to offer.

Posted by: 124c41 ()
Date: March 09, 2011 03:11PM

Thank you for the heads up! I will NOT buy a Toyota from the Springfield dealer. I find it reprehensible that you would be told such a story in the day of instant communications and overnight deliveries.

Date: March 09, 2011 03:26PM

I guess I should take it to another dealer and give them a shot to earn my business.

I wish car buying and service could be a better experience or at least dont waste 20 more minutes of my life when you sell me the car and tell me that you are here to serve and that your service is better than other places, etc....they even took me on a tour of the facilities.

You have to feel sorry for the sales guy that are trying to push their product out the door. I am sure they are required to push their service department....major disconnect from the sales guy to the service department.

Posted by: Steve ()
Date: March 09, 2011 03:52PM

Thanks for the heads up. I know where I am not going to look for my new car.

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: March 09, 2011 05:42PM

Most of the Toyota dealers in this area have crappy customer service. It's a bit of a drive from Springfield but Koons Toyota in Tysons has by far the best customer service in the area. I bought a new Tacoma back in 2009 from them and they were able to get it from another dealer quickly and easily and when the A/C stopped working a week later they put a tech on it right away and fixed it while I waited. I've gone to them for warranty work in the past and they always order the parts for the fix while I drive the truck around for a day or two and set up an appointment for me to bring it back in for the repair.

Date: March 10, 2011 08:23AM

Has anyone else had any problems with this dealer?

Brian, I have a 4x4 tacoma and it is a decent truck. I had a frontier that I got rid, kind of wish I had gone with another nissan over the toyota. I do get better gas mileage with the tacoma. I am getting 19-20mpg with the tacoma and was getting 15-16 with the frontier.

Posted by: Susan ()
Date: March 10, 2011 02:11PM

The best thing to do here is to take it to another dealer and spread the word about this dealer to your friend and associates, looks like you are already doing the latter. Now you need to find a new dealer. You could also write a letter to toyota not the dealer and let them know what is going on.

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: March 10, 2011 02:19PM

Mike Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has anyone else had any problems with this
> dealer?

You need to realize all of the above posts, stating of problem and people rushing in to agree and say they won't go there, are all the same person. It's a shill exercise. Wait until registered users post opinions so there is some semblance of legitimacy to the string of bad posts on that place.

----------------------------------------

"She looks pretty good for 12, admit it." - WingNut, 04/24/2012

"I'm racist too. So what?" - Ellipsis 9/16/2011

"If you only knew who I was, and what I was working to do you would...have the decency to tell me I hated my nation and the way of life. I may not agree with...the government...I hate the "government"......" - Firrat 9/1/10

"there seems to be a queer...why? To try and further demean a defeated... dumb Tea party... I think we need more... far left folks on a regular basis - Louis Farakhan, Jesse Jackson...Al Sharpton" - Registered Voter, 8/19/2011

"If your computer is running slow, or you have any other problems, email me at with the problem and i am willing to fix it, for a price of course" - Taylor, spamming FFU on 04/12/2006. "N****rs as slaves again? I think so..." - Taylor, 09/20/2009

Posted by: CAT- Central Atlantic Toyota ()
Date: March 10, 2011 04:55PM

There is an organization that you can contact about Toyota.
Central
Atlantic Toyota. Look them up in the book. They oversee all of the Toyota dealerships in several of the States, including VA.

All of the Toyota dealerships have been hit with the recalls. A person has to call in advance to schedule service.

Instead of writing on this blog, you might want to write to the owner or service manager of the dealership to express your dismay.

Good luck
> I bleive you can take you car to any Toyota
> dealer. Your warenty is with Toyota not
> Springfield Toyota.

Posted by: Used Car lot or other/? ()
Date: March 10, 2011 07:04PM

iF This is a used car, which service department are you dealing with.
If someone isn't telling you the truth about your car, contact Mike Swartz at Springfield Toyota. He won't put up with that. It has to be the used car side.

?????
> Thank you for the heads up! I will NOT buy a
> Toyota from the Springfield dealer. I find it
> reprehensible that you would be told such a story
> in the day of instant communications and overnight
> deliveries.

Date: March 10, 2011 07:57PM

This has all been dealing with the new car people.

I will check into the regional office and see if there is anything they can do. I am not sure what the dealer or regional office can do at this point to rectify the situation for me. I am not sure what kind of "compensation" they could put together for me. There is not really any financial lose here just aggravation and discomfort.

Anyway we will see what happens.

Posted by: Cygnusx1 ()
Date: March 10, 2011 08:54PM

I've always had good luck at Kay Jennings. The one I'll never go back to is Jack Taylor's Alexandria Toyota. Took our new car in once for an oil change....and they lost it. They literally could not find my car for 3 days. WTF! And then a week later I got a customer service survey in the mail asking me to rate my visit.

Posted by: strates ()
Date: March 10, 2011 08:56PM

Alexandria Toyota is probably the least evil of the toyota dealerships in the area, as far as service departments go. I will not go back to Springfield Toyota, for reason. They won't change my oil without an appointment, and then even with an appointment, it still took over 2 hours. Lame.

Posted by: ahmed. ()
Date: March 10, 2011 11:41PM

Posted by: Toyota tech ()
Date: March 11, 2011 05:05AM

Mike Wrote:
> This has all been dealing with the new car
> people.
>
> I will check into the regional office and see if
> there is anything they can do. I am not sure what
> the dealer or regional office can do at this point
> to rectify the situation for me. I am not sure
> what kind of "compensation" they could put
> together for me. There is not really any
> financial lose here just aggravation and
> discomfort.
>
> Anyway we will see what happens.

Hey Mike, Sounds to me like you want to be part of the problem and not part of the solution. I think that you have brought this problem on yourself. If you were at my dealership we would do anything possible to screw you over.
People like you bitch about service because thats all you can do. You have no real life skills.
Try another dealership and act like a reasonable adult and not a crybaby bitchboy and you might get someone to give a shit about your issues.

Date: March 11, 2011 08:02AM

Toyota tech-

What have I done to create the problem? I purchase a car, they tell me it comes with a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty, I bring it in for a problem, they agree there is a problem, tell me they have to order a part to fix it, 60+ days later I am still waiting for the problem to be fixed. I think there is a reasonable time period, maybe 7-14 days, to get the required parts and make the repair or at least be ready to make the repair.

I just do not see how I am a part of the problem. I just want an AC system in my car that run properly. I do not feel that I have acted like an unreasonale adult here or a "bitchboy".

I am not sure what you mean by not having real life skills? Even if i was the dumbest person with zero skillat anything, what would that have to do with anything in the situation scripted above?

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: March 11, 2011 09:13AM

Calling Toyota corporate isn't going to get you very far. Toyota dealerships are all individually owned and operated. Toyota has some say on when it comes to warranty work approvals but they aren't going to bring the hammer down on dealers with bad customer service. Toyota will not "compensate" you for anything. The biggest exceptions Toyota makes is if something is barely out of warranty they may cover it. Give them a call, but they will probably just refer you to a different dealer.

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: March 11, 2011 09:24AM

Mike Wrote:
> Toyota tech-
>
> What have I done to create the problem?

Creating a bunch of anon posts that suddenly "responded" to your plight with overwhelming agreement for one. Second, you didn't deny the allegation you have no real-life skills, just sayin'.

Why wait 45 or 60 days? Go somewhere else... the dealerships make their money from their service departments, give that business to someone else if you aren't happy.

----------------------------------------

"She looks pretty good for 12, admit it." - WingNut, 04/24/2012

"I'm racist too. So what?" - Ellipsis 9/16/2011

"If you only knew who I was, and what I was working to do you would...have the decency to tell me I hated my nation and the way of life. I may not agree with...the government...I hate the "government"......" - Firrat 9/1/10

"there seems to be a queer...why? To try and further demean a defeated... dumb Tea party... I think we need more... far left folks on a regular basis - Louis Farakhan, Jesse Jackson...Al Sharpton" - Registered Voter, 8/19/2011

"If your computer is running slow, or you have any other problems, email me at with the problem and i am willing to fix it, for a price of course" - Taylor, spamming FFU on 04/12/2006. "N****rs as slaves again? I think so..." - Taylor, 09/20/2009

Posted by: FYI ()
Date: March 11, 2011 09:30AM

Listen, this is the best advice you can get for maintaining your car everyone.

Do not take your car to the dealer for service unless it is covered under warranty or is a recall. If you have to pay for the service do not go to the dealer.

Buy the parts online for the best deal from a trusted seller. Read reviews ect. If you don't want to buy online go to a local parts store, if you want OE eqipment buy the parts from the dealer's parts department.

Install the parts yourself. Most work is actually pretty easy. As long as you have the right tools and a little muscle. You can always search diy instructions and videos. If you can't do it yourself, find a trusted person or shop to have the work done at.

Dealerships are a rip off. I was a assistant service manager and would never take my car to the dealer.

Unless you have multiple cars and a crap load of money, where you can just leave your car at the dealer for how ever long it takes and just pay the bill of whatever they spit at you, I would not go to any dealer.

Posted by: Toyota tech ()
Date: March 12, 2011 07:51AM

Mike Wrote:
> Toyota tech-
>
> What have I done to create the problem? I purchase
> a car, they tell me it comes with a 3 year bumper
> to bumper warranty, I bring it in for a problem,
> they agree there is a problem, tell me they have
> to order a part to fix it, 60+ days later I am
> still waiting for the problem to be fixed. I think
> there is a reasonable time period, maybe 7-14
> days, to get the required parts and make the
> repair or at least be ready to make the repair.
>
> I just do not see how I am a part of the problem.
> I just want an AC system in my car that run
> properly. I do not feel that I have acted like an
> unreasonale adult here or a "bitchboy".
>
> I am not sure what you mean by not having real
> life skills? Even if i was the dumbest person with
> zero skillat anything, what would that have to do
> with anything in the situation scripted above?

Mike, I am willing to bet that your attitude and tone sunk your ship from the second you contacted the dealership. There is a good chance that the problem could have been easily fixed, I think that when you get a little more mature you will start to understand what I am talking about.
Learning how to deal with people comes with time and experience. I bet these guys at the dealership cant wait for you to come back so they can watch you get into a little bitchboy twist about your little truck.
Thats why I reccomend you start over at a new dealership and try to be mature , pleasant and professional to the best of your ability.
I really do hope you get your truck fixed and learn a little something at the same time. Good Luck!

Posted by: tired of bad attitude toward customers ()
Date: March 12, 2011 08:11AM

Toyota Tech. Bet you work at Springfield Toyota!

Great attitude. Go to Koon everyone. They don't put up with negative attitude toward customers. Oh yeah. I am a customer of Koon Chevy.

Posted by: dimwads ()
Date: March 12, 2011 12:46PM

I think Oursmans Chantilly just breaks your car. Service makes things wrong that aint broke. Costs hundreds more each time. I just need oil change.

Posted by: ANDREW CIZEK ()
Date: March 17, 2011 06:34PM

MIKE / AUTHOR

I work at Springfield Toyota, in the service department as an advisor.

One of my regular customers told me about this website and of your concerns,
I welcome your visit for a review of whatever is going on with your door. The service manager Jeff Steed and I will inspect your concern and advise on any assistance we are able to provide. I would also like to go over your concern one on one. Please contact me via e-mail

Andrew Cizek
ACIZEK@KJTOYOTA.COM

Posted by: gotsit ()
Date: March 18, 2011 06:35PM

Got it. Wink wink.

Posted by: L8Shift ()
Date: March 18, 2011 08:07PM

The Stealerships are there to see which one of them can provide the least amount of "service" possible (even creating more problems), and bill you like you make way to much money, to keep your business.

Why bother to provide any service, when then can just hide behind the Manufacturers name?

Geezz...people...

Find a good independent shop, and stick with them...

Posted by: GalPal ()
Date: March 18, 2011 09:24PM

Hey,
LOL.... ToyTech actually works near Rte. 50.
Love your comment though..............................-------------------------------------------------------
> Toyota Tech. Bet you work at Springfield Toyota!
>
> Great attitude. Go to Koon everyone. They don't
> put up with negative attitude toward customers.
> Oh yeah. I am a customer of Koon Chevy.

Posted by: scamsme ()
Date: March 19, 2011 05:51PM

Oursmann has not worked well for me. Cost me arm, leg, engine, and more.

Posted by: unhappy customer ()
Date: March 22, 2011 08:01AM

yup..I also have a very bad experience with them and to top it all, I am a repeat customer. when we purchased the first time, everything was smooth, but when we went back to get a second car for my daughter, that's were they ripped us off. thingking that I am a repeat buyer, we were comfortable with the same salesman (Jr), but he is such a con artist. since then, I bring my cars (2 of them) to other toyota dealer (woodbridge) for regular maintenance. I will never going back to that dealer (springfiled) and give them a cents of my money anymore.

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.