HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Cox Having Issues Again???
Posted by: Cox Really Does Suck ()
Date: November 05, 2009 02:00PM

at about 1:55pm today my local channels went out. Now slowly my premium channels are out!! Again? What is going on???? I wanted to give Cox a chance but this it for me!! Verizon or DTV here I come and the rest of my neighboorhood!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cox Having Issues Again???
Posted by: Clobbersaurus ()
Date: November 05, 2009 02:01PM

Same here

Posted by: Cox Really Does Suck ()
Date: November 05, 2009 02:03PM

They have an automated message when you call stating that you will recieve an automatic credit from the issue from yesterday. Nothing at all is being said about this current issue. They need to update there equipment or something!!!

Posted by: KJW ()
Date: November 05, 2009 02:04PM

All my channels went out again today similar to last night.....if you call the number now, it rings at least, but you then just get a recorded message apologizing for yesterday (and saying they are going to credit everyone some money on their next bill), but still no live person to talk about today's new issue.

Posted by: kres ()
Date: November 05, 2009 02:13PM

My TV is out as well near Dunn Loring Metro. At least my internet isn't gone...yet.

Posted by: Bum ()
Date: November 05, 2009 02:13PM

All my Comcast channels are working fine Herndon. There are some really cool shows on right now. I mean REALLLLLY cool stuff to watch.

Re: Cox Having Issues Again on Nov 5
Posted by: Steve ()
Date: November 05, 2009 02:14PM

THe FIOS geeks must be laughing their azzes off. Dunno how much more of this I can take. Cox was already the lowest on my list of favorites - and now this.

Posted by: scott ()
Date: November 05, 2009 02:15PM

Their spokesman Ricky S. on commercials has a facebook page and is a member of "I HATE FAIRFAX COUNTY POLICE". This is terrible!!! Cox should get their heads out of their a sses and see who represents them on tv. Just terrible!

Posted by: durrr ()
Date: November 05, 2009 02:15PM

Out here, too. Springfield.

Posted by: KJW ()
Date: November 05, 2009 02:17PM

This is the response from the online help.....

It appears that there is a temporary outage in your area. I do apologize for any inconveniences this may cause. Our technicians are currently working on the issue. There is no estimated time of repair, please try again later.

Posted by: working ()
Date: November 05, 2009 02:18PM

Get a job so you dont have to be worried about afternoon television instead you have to worry about your work not having enough bandwidth to run fb chat, pandora and refresh ffx underground.

Posted by: bum ()
Date: November 05, 2009 02:20PM

Ellen is showing these funny video clips on NBC.... very funny, Judge Alex has two people pleading about this accident, Soprano's are on also! This really good stuff.

Date: November 05, 2009 02:22PM

Aah yes, finally we hear from those green w/ envy that we have the flexibility to work at our home offices. Education works wonders doesn't it? Go back to work now cube-boy

Posted by: Cox Blowz ()
Date: November 05, 2009 02:24PM

Cox is almost as bad as the Blowskins

Posted by: working2 ()
Date: November 05, 2009 02:28PM

Those talking about working better hope you dont get hit with a layoff! I have news that a large round of layoffs are about to happen in the Fairfax County area. Numerous companies, that you would think are safe from job cuts. Save your money!

Date: November 05, 2009 02:44PM

Cable back up and running at 2:41pm...51 min outtage

Posted by: Jim in Annandale ()
Date: November 05, 2009 02:49PM

I wrote a letter to the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors complaining about this. Join in the rage against the Cox machine!

https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/gov/bos/cforms/bc_feedback.asp

or

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/chairman/ (click on the "Constituent E-mail Form" link, just below the Chairman's picture.)

Posted by: CoxNOVA ()
Date: November 06, 2009 11:51PM

Hi everybody-- I wanted to give a quick update on our previous outage. We're working to finish the maintenance we did on Wednesday to bring our digital service back up. Between 12 am and 5 am tomorrow morning, we'll be doing some follow up maintenance. This will ensure higher reliability of the video network.

During this time, there's a possiblity that some channels may not be available for a short period of time. Also, DVR recordings may be interrupted during that time. And, if you are watching an On Demand movie, it may stop. If you purchased a movie/show On Demand, once it returns, you'll have the entire remaining window of your rental to view it.

Thanks again for your patience, and all of your feedback on this forum. We appreciate hearing from you. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to post them here. I'll be monitoring frequently throughout the night.

Hope everyone has a restful weekend!

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.