HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Breaking - Former Governor Bob McDonnell and Wife Charged in Gift Scandal Case
Posted by: yikes!! ()
Date: January 22, 2014 05:30PM

Dear Lord! She definetely sees herself as much better than she really is. What an awful woman. I so hopeshe does time in jail.

I think I read something about how she had potraits made of all the first lady's of va. Cost the taxpayers thousands. Then, there was no place to hang them, so they are sitting somewhere in a closet. What a piece of work this one is. Divorce her Bob! After you get out of the joint of course. You can do so much better. She has aged terribly and you still look great. Get rid of this hag she's ruined you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breaking - Former Governor Bob McDonnell and Wife Charged in Gift Scandal Case
Posted by: Wika Wik ()
Date: January 22, 2014 07:08PM

She sounds like one really big bitch. The one email that says she needs to have a dress now for the inauguration is pretty abusive sounding.

Posted by: Warden ()
Date: January 23, 2014 10:41AM

So are these two really headed to Federal Pound-Me-In-The-Ass Prison or not?

Somehow I think they might get out of this.

McDonnells indicted for receiving gifts
Posted by: McDonnells indicted ()
Date: January 25, 2014 03:19AM

McDonnells indicted for receiving gifts
Charges include wire fraud, obstructing an official proceeding
http://www.fairfaxtimes.com/article/20140124/NEWS/140129436/1117/mcdonnells-indicted-for-receiving-gifts&template=fairfaxTimes

Just over a week after leaving office, former Gov. Robert F. McDonnell (R) and his wife, Maureen were indicted on federal charges related to gifts they received from a Virginia businessman.

Charges in the 14-count indictment include wire fraud, making a false statement and obstructing an official proceeding.

The indictment outlines allegations that have been related through media reports throughout the year.

According to the indictment, McDonnell first became acquainted with Star Scientific CEO Jonnie Williams (referred to in the indictment only as “JW”) during his 2009 campaign, when Williams allowed the gubernatorial candidate to use his private jet to travel to campaign appearances.

The indictment alleges that Maureen McDonnell, in particular, solicited expensive gifts from Williams, including designer clothing, a $15,000 payment for the wedding expenses for one of the McDonnells’ daughters and two $50,000 personal loans.

The McDonnells used the loans to help pay the mortgages of two Sandbridge beach properties the family co-owned with other relatives, which were not bringing in enough income to cover expenses.

The McDonnells also played rounds of golf at an exclusive club and took expensive vacations on Williams’ dime, according to the indictment.

Some portions of the indictment, including a quote from an email from Bob McDonnell to his wife, suggest that the governor was not initially aware of the full extent of the gifts his wife was soliciting from Williams but went along with the process when he learned of it.

In a statement, McDonnell continued to say, as he has in the past, that he did nothing illegal in accepting gifts from Williams.

“I deeply regret accepting legal gifts and loans from Mr. Williams, all of which have been repaid with interest, and I have apologized for my poor judgment for which I take full responsibility,” he said. “However, I repeat emphatically that I did nothing illegal for Mr. Williams in exchange for what I believed was his personal generosity and friendship. I never promised — and Mr. Williams and his company never received — any government benefit of any kind from me or my administration.”

In exchange, the document alleges, the McDonnells agreed to help promote and legitimize Star Scientific’s products, including helping the company convince researchers at state universities to conduct clinical trials of a product called Antabloc.

The governor hosted a launch party for the product at the governor’s mansion, attended events promoting Star Scientific products and spoke with university and state health officials about the product, according to the indictment.

Maureen McDonnell also purchased thousands of shares of Star Scientific stock, according to the indictment, and then took steps to ensure that they were not held in her name at the time that elected officials are annually required to disclose their financial interests in Virginia. She ended up selling the stock in December 2011.

The McDonnells did not disclose the loan or most of the gifts they received from Willimas in 2011 on their statement of economic interest filed in January 2012.

Once media reports began circulating about the governor’s activities last year, the McDonnells repaid the loans to Williams and returned gifts.

As a result of the scandal, ethics reform is one of the topics du jour in this year’s General Assembly session, with multiple proposals to implement stricter gift limits and disclosure rules.

“This is a sad day for Virginia, but I remain optimistic that we can work together to reform our system in order to prevent episodes like this from occurring ever again,” Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D) said in a statement Tuesday.

The McDonnells were scheduled to be arraigned Friday.

Posted by: Tuff Luv ()
Date: January 25, 2014 03:51AM

I hope they get serious jail time.
Attachments:
Governor Bob McDonnell.bmp

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: January 25, 2014 09:06AM

How many Republicans here aren't mad at Bob McDonnell for being corrupt but because he was stupid enough to get caught?

Tell the truth. Whats your take Republicans?

Posted by: For the record, Brian ()
Date: July 30, 2014 09:55AM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This probably won't go to trial.
>
> The selling of the stock and rebuying to avoid the
> disclosure doesn't have to equal concealing
> knowledge of a crime - because there was no crime.
> Williams could gift whatever he wanted to Maureen.
> What it looks like is that even she recognized
> that the disclosure would be politically harmful
> and took steps to avoid it. That's unethical, but
> I don't believe it's illegal.
>
> Regardless, this is politically devastating and
> not something Bob will be able to recover from.
> They've already repaid everything, and there's no
> evidence that Williams got any benefits from the
> money he wasted.
>
> No reason to waste any more taxpayer dollars on
> this fiasco.

Brian,

Once again, you were wrong.

Posted by: I have a question ()
Date: July 30, 2014 10:37AM

But, it shouldn't have gone to trial. Interesting that Terry didn't get indicted by DOJ for selling visas. Political much, DOJ?

What did Williams get from McDonnell other than a party and introductions?

That is the issue. It doesn't matter what Williams gave McDonnell.

Posted by: back to Clinton ()
Date: July 30, 2014 10:51AM

Posted by: McDonnellWins ()
Date: September 08, 2016 04:33PM

So it ends. Conviction overturned by 9-0 Supreme Court ruling. Feds drop charges. McDonnell was innocent in the end. Just another victim of vicious democrat politics. Successful for the dems in the end though. Their political prosecution thwarted any chance of Romney picking McDonnell for VP and winning Virginia and smeared Cuccinelli by association handing a Senate seat to the dems.

So all in all - a huge political win for democrat politics and a huge loss for fairness and justice.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/08/politics/bob-mcdonnell-no-retrial/index.html

Posted by: The Left are Hypocritical ()
Date: September 08, 2016 04:42PM

Bob McDonnell let's this creep put a kiosk up in the mansion during the party, hawking some mojo medicine: Democrats are outraged, and scream for prison time.

Hillary Clinton receives $10,000,000 from dress-wearing Saudi princes, and then as Secretary of State okays the transfer of billions of dollars of weapons (which the Saudis use on children, by the way): Democrats have no problem.

The Left are a dangerous bunch.

Posted by: 343t5refw ()
Date: December 22, 2019 02:29AM

BOB MCDONELL WAS RULED INNOCENT

HOWEVER THERE WERE NO LEGAL CHARGES PRESSED THAT DEMOCRATS EVER PRODUCED

THE TRIAL HAD ONLY BEEN AN ATTACK ON CONSERVATIVES IN VIRGINIA BY DEMOCRATS

it was a highly illegal event in Virginia history

Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.