HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Sheriff's Dive Unit
Posted by: Sinclair ()
Date: January 05, 2014 03:54PM

Rumor around town has it, that the Fairfax County Sheriff's Office is contemplating forming a "Dive Unit". I being a Fairfax County taxpayer, ask WHY? I have read about the Fairfax County Police Department's Dive Unit and believe that the Virginia State Police also has such a unit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sheriff's Dive Unit
Posted by: Lake Royal Impostor ()
Date: January 05, 2014 04:00PM

Sinclair Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rumor around town has it, that the Fairfax County
> Sheriff's Office is contemplating forming a "Dive
> Unit". I being a Fairfax County taxpayer, ask WHY?
> I have read about the Fairfax County Police
> Department's Dive Unit and believe that the
> Virginia State Police also has such a unit.

The contractor that has been killing illegals has started to dump their bodies in the river.

Posted by: BBBeeker ()
Date: January 05, 2014 06:05PM

Yea but I am sure that they have many folks that are already trained as a divers so the cost would not seem to be very high. I would rather them spend money for services that will benifet citizens outside the jail, not inside it.

Posted by: Mick ()
Date: January 05, 2014 06:24PM

They are supposed to watch the jail and the courts. The police have divers, let them do that. The county is cutting services and budgets, this is no time for the new sheriff to start playing cop. How often do we need divers anyway? The police have handled it this long without help I am sure they can keep up the good work without the sheriff having a dive unit.

Posted by: Colin K ()
Date: January 05, 2014 06:40PM

Maybe if an inmate flushes contraband into the toilet they need someone to go in after it.

Posted by: Dive? ()
Date: January 05, 2014 06:57PM

Are they going to Sully's in Chantilly?

Posted by: Wow! What Wasted Money ()
Date: January 05, 2014 07:18PM

As posted already the VSP and FXCO Pd has dive units, so do the Feds, Navy, Army, FBI ect if its a federal crime , kidnapping ect.

Total waste of taxpayers money, They must be overstaffed in the jail or courthouse to have people they can send out for this, Remember this new Sheriff is only finishing Stan the Mans term, and if shes going to waste money like this she may be out next go round.

Maybe its just a mean rumor.

Posted by: Sea Hunt ()
Date: January 05, 2014 07:38PM

If true she must have lots of extra $$$ laying around. Nothing in Scuba diving is cheap.

Posted by: Shoeless Joe Jackson ()
Date: January 06, 2014 09:41PM

Well, it's simply economics. sporks cost money and when a prisoner flushes it down the drain someone has to go get it. I think it's going to be an offshoot of the CERT team. Hahahahahaha Brown Clowns!

Posted by: Liberal Logic 35 ()
Date: January 06, 2014 11:30PM

BBBeeker Wrote:
> Yea but I am sure that they have many folks that
> are already trained as a divers so the cost would
> not seem to be very high. I would rather them
> spend money for services that will benifet
> citizens outside the jail, not inside it.

Their job is the jails and courthouses......

If they stopped doing that thered be no need for them at all in this area.

Posted by: wannabe police ()
Date: January 08, 2014 02:26PM

There is no need for the Sheriff's Department to have a dive team. The Sheriff's department does not enforce criminal law or conduct investigations. The police department handles that. Sounds like the sheriff's department is once again trying to be a "Wannabe" police department. It is a waste of money and not needed. If they have all that extra money laying around, I am sure that somebody can find better use of it.

Posted by: wouldnt doubt it ()
Date: January 08, 2014 03:12PM

wannabe police Wrote:
> There is no need for the Sheriff's Department to
> have a dive team. The Sheriff's department does
> not enforce criminal law or conduct
> investigations. The police department handles
> that. Sounds like the sheriff's department is
> once again trying to be a "Wannabe" police
> department. It is a waste of money and not
> needed. If they have all that extra money laying
> around, I am sure that somebody can find better
> use of it.

They form "special units" To make the employees think they are actually law enforcement officers and to help retain them from leaving a boring dead end job.The same reason they attend a full academy and never have to use many of the skills they provide training for but can justify a better salary than most jailers in the state.

Posted by: Dave Duster ()
Date: January 08, 2014 03:21PM

I give them props. No way I could stay in that smelly jail all day putting up with those animals. I dont know how they find anyone willing to do that job.

Posted by: ApartheidWorked ()
Date: January 08, 2014 05:04PM

So the deputies who washed out of Hell Week can pretend to be SEALs.

Posted by: SlImD ()
Date: January 08, 2014 06:48PM

I say put COs in the jail. That's what they have in MD, when the officer makes an arrest they do everything from booking, collecting property and all the paperwork associated with the arrest. That way the officer can see the arrest all the way through until they turn the person over to county DOC. Of course you would probably deal with guards getting pregnant, cell phones in the jail, gangs running the jail etc.

They do get paid way to much but the police department does as well. Hardly any real crime in this county. Starting pay in Norfolk or Richmond is mid 30's to work in 10 times more crime ridden areas. But hey, you have 2 helicopters, boats, dirt bikes, armored vehicles and countless other items just sitting around and we won't talk about gunning down unarmed citizens at an alarming rate. Bravo!!

Posted by: Highlander ()
Date: January 08, 2014 06:59PM

Maybe its a muff-dive unit?

Posted by: Police Don't ()
Date: January 08, 2014 08:11PM

Dive team is a B.S. Rumor The Police don't need half the crap they have either. Like all those rifles they pull out for every jay walking case they work.

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.