HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Centreville :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Ffx Police at Braddock and 28
Posted by: obxfshr ()
Date: September 07, 2005 02:42PM

Does anyone know what the FCP is pulling people for at the intersetion of Braddock and West Bound 28? They are always parked up in the grass and all the time they have people pulled over. The other night they had 6 to 8 cars stacked up papering them for something. I know it isn't speeding, you can't do more than 20 MPH during the evening rush.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ffx Police at Braddock and 28
Date: September 07, 2005 03:52PM

I guess I'll repeat my post from the General FFX Co section here.

28 goes north and south, Not east and west. And are you talking about New Braddock (by the theaters) or Braddock (south of 66 and across from Walney Rd). If you're talking about heading South on 28 towards New Braddock and you see cops with people pulled over after New Braddock, it's because the right lane turns into a right turn only lane and many people take advantage of that lane being empty, shoot up the lane, and cut in right before the light. The cop sees this happening very easily, steps out and tells them to pull over.

If you're talking about 28 at Braddock...who knows. I rarely see cops there.

Usually you'll see cops on 28 on either side REALLY close to the 29 overpass which is where they get people for speeding (it's 45 at the overpass), or if you're heading south on 28, right after New Braddock to get people for using the right lane to get ahead of everyone.

Posted by: obxfshr ()
Date: September 07, 2005 09:02PM

At any rate you are correct, I meant New Braddock Rd West and 28 South (by the theatres) and the park and ride metro lot. They had 5 more cars lined up today on the side of the road at about 6pm. Having not seen them shoot the right hand lane, that sounds as plausable as anything.

Good Day and Thanks

Date: September 08, 2005 09:29AM

Yeah, they'll be there for a few more days then go away for about a month, then come back. They do that to catch people when they're off guard. Thats how they enforce a lot of things around here. The same thing happens with 66 HOV enforcement. Sometimes they'll park themselves around a corner in the left shoulder. Sometimes they'll sit on the HOV 495 off ramp. They'll stay in the one spot for about a week and then move to another spot.

Posted by: uhhcya ()
Date: February 13, 2006 09:21PM

resolution :a quality radar/lasar detector - be careful with the new state impalas though, they are using somethin new apparently.

Posted by: stinypoon ()
Date: February 14, 2006 03:09PM

stop picking on cops and let them do their jobs and don't be sissies w/ radar detectors!!!!!!!

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: May 08, 2006 11:23PM

Theres a reason radar detectors are illegal in VA only.

Posted by: jsgibson ()
Date: May 09, 2006 01:45PM

They're probably there catching idiots that drive along the shoulder when the traffic gets backed up. They do the same at all the lights on 28, especially at Willard.

Posted by: acidbyt3 ()
Date: May 19, 2006 10:47AM

Illegal in Virginia and DC, although I can hardly see DC cops doing anything about it. I think it used to be illegal in Hawaii, but I'm not sure.

Posted by: SLOMOE ()
Date: March 25, 2007 11:19PM

they're catching people blocking the box, after the light turns yellow, people are getting stuck in the middle of the intersection.

Posted by: Jessica ()
Date: June 08, 2007 10:02PM

Cops sit there to bust people who try and get over to "get ahead" in traffic instead of taking the right at the light like they are supposed to. That intersection is so bad in terms of traffic that people who live past that are said to live "one light too far".

Posted by: peeved ()
Date: February 23, 2008 06:41PM

Instead of trying to bypass the rules with a radar detector, why not instead try and follow the rules? People that try and cut ahead and other such maneuvers are just dangerous to other drivers. I'm sick of people around here thinking they are the only ones on the road, and that the rules don't apply to them. I'll throw out people on Pleasant Valley road that pass on double yellow just for good measure. It's a residential area, slow down and have a care for others around you!

Posted by: Rstidmen ()
Date: October 10, 2014 11:47PM

Any update?

Posted by: WTHolyF ()
Date: October 11, 2014 01:18AM

Why in the Holy Fuck are you bumping this tread after six and a fucking half years, you asshole!!!!!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.