HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Centreville :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Centreville
Posted by: Some Guy ()
Date: December 16, 2010 05:58PM

So I am getting ready to move to Centreville and have not been in that area for almost 10 years. Judging by reading the posts on here I can look forward to nothing but Hispanics and Asians everywhere? I am moving to the apartments across the street from the shopping center. What can I expect?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Centreville
Posted by: whocares ()
Date: December 17, 2010 02:09PM

Correction...Koreans and some Hispanics. If you want some diversity move your cheap ass to Shirlington.

Posted by: Some Guy ()
Date: December 19, 2010 12:35AM

My question sounds politically correct but really is not.
I guess my real question is where does a whiteboy stand in Centreville?
I figure this isn't City-Data.
I can take it.

Posted by: Really Sheesh ()
Date: December 19, 2010 07:54AM

> ...I am moving to the apartments across the street from the shopping center...

Oh...there.

Posted by: whocares ()
Date: December 21, 2010 08:59PM

I would say it's about 30% Asians and 70% of every other race. As a "whiteboy", you suck and should probably go live in West Virginia. Then you can fulfill your lifelong dream of marrying your sister. Have fun having some inbred kids!!

Posted by: Chief_of_Cville ()
Date: April 26, 2011 07:57PM

haha yah across from the shopping center....narrows down alot you mofo... a white boy can expect to run centreville, get money and bitches like it aint shit

Posted by: 49 ()
Date: May 25, 2011 11:36PM

All I have to say is,

Koreans, Koreans everywhere.

Almost everywhere.
I'm one myself.

Posted by: Parental Opinion ()
Date: May 26, 2011 08:45AM

49 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All I have to say is,
>
> Koreans, Koreans everywhere.
>
> Almost everywhere.
> I'm one myself.

Nah - Asians, Asians everywhere.

I'm not one but am married to one.

However...

I've been in Sully Station for more than 20 years. That is, I've been here across at LEAST a couple Census takings. According to some stats just reported about today, the Asian population of Centreville has increased by 60% since 2000 (now stands at 26% if my memory is serving me well today).

Well...looking around at my neighbors there sure are what I would have thought was a high percentage of Asians but, actually, that percent seems to be pretty much static in my little chunk of neighborhood - it's "always" been integrated with a relatively-large percent of Asians.

So I don't really see "the change".

However, part II...

At the beginning of the school year I went to a middle school orchestra performance.

I was totally floored.

The percent of Asians compared to nonAsians in the orchestra must be approaching 90%. Really totally shocking the NONrepresentation of the school population's percentages.

Which makes me seriously wonder about things like population representation in school's like Thomas Jefferson.

What is culturally WRONG with NONAsian populations that their percent representation in orchestra and, by extrapolation, at school's like TJ is well below the general population percent representation?

I can only hope school's like TJ continue to select students due to ability rather than the False Science of "race".

But I have to wonder how we can get those OTHER "races" (actually cultures) to get their acts together and get properly represented.

Posted by: John McNamara ()
Date: June 09, 2011 01:16AM

So what is the big dead with Hispanics? Half of hispanics are white too! Unless they have indigenous blood. Get real buddy whites are actually an import here too!
But going to something more civilized. Centreville is 5 minutes from everything; great place to live

Posted by: squat fart ()
Date: September 14, 2011 11:20AM

Lived in Centreville 25+ years. Cannot move out fast enough...so bad in fact; I am renting my house out...FU lil Korea!

Posted by: shocked ()
Date: September 14, 2011 05:13PM

Didn't realize there were so many ignorant and racist people in Centreville. I've lived here nearly 20 years and saddens ..... no annoys the shit out of me to see that there is such ignorance and hate in this world. Seriously. Everyone was a descendant of an immigrant. So get off your high horse.

To answer your question "Some Guy" Centreville is a great place to live. Unless you live next to one of these ignorant MFers. Don't know why it's about race or color. But white, black, brown, yellow, blue, green ... whatever. Its a good place to live and you'll stand just fine.

Posted by: @shocked ()
Date: September 15, 2011 10:58AM

It's about color because Koreans are buying up all the available property and pushing other business out to bring in their own. That is racist in its own right. I know that for a fact. I have lived in Centreville longer than you my friend, I still currently rent a house in Sully Station. I personally feel it was better in the early 90's when local business was on the rise. Now these new businesses cater to Koreans and no other races..thats pretty racist. So for you to sit here and be oblivious to what has happened to the area, you may need to step outside your box. Why do you think GENERATION X, my generation has moved out to Loudon and Gainesville/Bristow areas? I'm going to tell you it definitly isn't for the commute, and the housing market is virtually the same. It's the fact that there is real commerce being established in those markets, the way Centreville "USED" to be. Centreville HAS turned into lil Annandale. But you can think what you like.

btw; I am all about diversity, shoot I graduated from the most diverse college in the nation...I just want a more level playing field for local businesses.

Posted by: who cares ()
Date: September 15, 2011 08:11PM

Money sees no color LOL. These new businesses cater to anyone with money. Look at Yechon in Annandale...I would say there's more non-Koreans in there.

Posted by: @whocares ()
Date: September 16, 2011 06:56AM

I love how everyone thinks there's "business" they bring with them. Same stereotypical jobs: dry cleaning, horrible restaurants (honey pig in cville is disappointing) and grocery stores that close in 5 months. Spa World? gimme a break...and who knows what's in the brick buildings at the intersection of stone and 29???

Posted by: Lifer ()
Date: September 16, 2011 11:03AM

I prefer the Centreville of old, when the rich white kids were acting black and selling weed in large amounts and getting killed over it. That was Centreville's hayday! Now it's full of rich kids doing heroin....and Koreans ironing my shirts.

Posted by: @Lifer ()
Date: September 16, 2011 11:38AM

I have lived in Centreville for 30 years. It's a great place to live.......if you're Korean or a raghead. After the bubble burst in 2006, these folks snuck in and bought up all the properties. These dune coons just bought a house in my neighborhood and for some reason decided to tape up the windows with blue painters tape (from the inside). ALL windows. Gorgeous look. I also find it very attractive that they have lived there for a month now, and still have not cut the grass. There is also an epic blue camino with a phenominal looking redneck in the neighborhood as well. I am so happy to see what Centreville has turned into.

Posted by: @@Lifer ()
Date: September 16, 2011 11:39AM

They don't cut grass, because they are used to sand.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.