HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Centreville :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Sequoi HOA
Posted by: angry Homeowner ()
Date: September 17, 2010 05:17PM

Anyone heard of them? What do they do? I called about a car parked in front of my house.It was sitting there for two days.I would like to mow my lawn.If i mow my lanw lawn and get clippings on there car or forbid a rock hits it and scratches the paint then I ll be sued. HOA told me to call the police. I called the police they tell me to call HOA. HUHUHUHUHUHUHUHU?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sequoi HOA
Posted by: angry homeowner ()
Date: September 17, 2010 05:23PM

It it Sequioa. I know.

Posted by: angry homeowner ()
Date: September 17, 2010 05:26PM

angry homeowner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is Sequioa. I know.

Posted by: newgatedenizen ()
Date: September 17, 2010 08:01PM

Is the street in front of the residence in question a private street maintained by your HOA or is it a county/state state road maintained by FCDOT/VDOT? This makes a difference in who can do what.

Either way Sequoia Management is not your HOA. They would be a property management company hired by your HOA.

http://www.sequoiamanagement.com/

Posted by: Muckdog ()
Date: September 18, 2010 07:27PM

The police department nor the HOA have the legal authority to remove a vehicle from a public street if the vehicle is current on its registration and inspection. In essence, it is a public roadway and the public can park on the road as long as they are legal. I understand your frustration regarding the vehicle parking in front of your residence, but if it is a public street it is not your property.

Posted by: Sequoia No more ()
Date: September 28, 2010 10:01PM

Sequoia Management managed my property for several years until the HOA finally gave them the boot. They were very difficult to deal with, kind of reminded me of Nazis. They wanted to enforce all of their rules on you but would not meet their own obligations. Their parking enforcement was awful, they towed anyone from anywhere whenever they wanted or didn't tow the ones that needed to be. Groundskeeping was terrible, they never kept up with the rapid growth of our trees and shrubbery. Response to problems was nonexistant. I recall a guy there named Craig Courtney who was both useless and rude. Good riddance to that sorry ass outfit, they suck!

Posted by: Harry ()
Date: September 28, 2010 10:16PM

If the car is parked on the public street, there's not much you can do unless the vehicle has a violation, IE: missing front license plate, flat tires, expired tags or inspection sticker, Etc. Now, I'm not saying you should remove a license plate or loosen some tire pins or anything like that, but if you did notice these violations and called them in, the vehicle would get ticketed and subsequently towed if not moved or fixed within a required amount of time. You will not be sued if your grass clippings get on the car or if the car is hit by a rock or flying object unless there is proof that damage resulted form your mowing your lawn, it would be very difficult to prove. I believe I caused my neighbor's glass storm door to get broken by a flying object from my lawn mower but I couldn't even prove it because I didn't see the object hit it, I just observed that his door was broken after I mowed. I offered to pay for half but the neighbor let it go since neither of us could prove it.

Posted by: duefus ()
Date: October 24, 2010 06:30AM

If you face your lawnmower the other way or bag, you will not have this problem.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.