HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Centreville :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
hung person in clifton woods
Posted by: buddy ()
Date: July 11, 2007 04:35PM

Does anyone know anything about this? There was a youth soccer tournament going on last weekend at Kinchloe Park and someone hung themselves in the woods and the ambulance, cops and firetrucks all came out during the tournament to get the guy down. A women walking a dog found him. Anyone know further details?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: hung person in clifton woods
Posted by: Erich.Einluger ()
Date: September 18, 2007 02:18PM

I'm guessing that this is a high school (or lower) level rumor, soon to turn urban legend. I think we would have seen something on the news about this.

Posted by: Finch ()
Date: October 09, 2007 10:14PM

I could lean either way on that issue.

It sounds to me like a typical local rumour, spread by everyone eager to get in on some more dramatic gossip, but at the same time... I wonder.

Knowing someone who works up at JDR (Fairfax Courthouse), I've heard a few stories about what goes on in Fairfax and doesn't make the papers, and I've been shocked.

What convinces me that this is true is the fact that just a couple months back, a guy was murdered in the Centreville AMF Bowling Alley parking lot, and it was wrapped up and kept hush hush in under a night.

I guess some of us are trying real hard to maintain the image of peaceful little Centreville to the point where some of the rumours might actually be true, but they're already case closed before any press gets to it.

Who knows.

Posted by: hellothere ()
Date: October 11, 2007 10:00PM

Whoa - that's pretty big news. Can you share any more details on the bowling alley incident? I've also gotten wind of things that don't make the papers. I remember there was something in London Towne that drew alot of county vehicles including the coroner's van. Something about a body found in the creek ... That was a while ago.

Posted by: mariokart ()
Date: October 11, 2007 11:23PM

Centreville is pretty shady..

Posted by: Finch ()
Date: October 13, 2007 01:31AM

About the bowling alley... I don't know much except for what the people there told me. One said he'd gone out in the parking lot and saw the guy in his car, but figured it was somebody who'd drank too much at the alley bar and was just sleeping it off, and another said he was completely bloodied.

I don't know who called the cops, and I remember there being a huge debate about whether or not it was knife or gun, but what I hear from a VERY trustworthy source who talked to an officer said that it was foul play, but nothing related to anything else in the area. Everything was fixed up by the next morning.

Hell, someone in my neighbourhood a few months back drew the attention of numerous squad cars and an ambulance after he appearently got in a pretty serious fight with his wife then killed himself.

One night, my house is lit up with nothing but red and blue lights, and nothing in the paper all week. I don't know if I like or dislike that, but then again, ignorance is bliss, right?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.