HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Centreville :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
willow springs school
Posted by: margaret Wilson ()
Date: April 20, 2016 02:57PM

The former AP at Willow Springs School is acting even more damaging at her present school than at Willow Springs. It's a shame that she has continued to be in administration. She would be much better in a non administrative position.
She had negative reviews on Great School Site for Willow Springs. The parents there must have organized and fought to remove her.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: willow springs school
Posted by: jDjbk ()
Date: May 10, 2016 04:07PM

Yes, Beth Levy was a nightmare at Willow Springs. Last year as a first year AP at Willow Springs she wreaked havoc on the teaching staff and caused one long-term teacher to have a mental health breakdown. She was a big contributor for the mass exodus of 23 staff at WS last year.

With no prior teaching experience, she was given the role of sole evaluator for teachers and had no idea about SOLs or best practices. The FCPS district mentors sent to Willow Springs to help teachers were outraged by the mental abuse they witnessed Ms. Levy doing to teachers. The teachers are WS are thrilled to have her gone this year. Unfortunately, we knew it would not be good for Eagle View Elementary.

Posted by: nvcc81 ()
Date: May 26, 2016 12:05PM

Last School year, the principal at Eagle View (Patty Granada) in a staff meeting, talked about the low morale in the school building. The authoritarian based command and control management style hasn't been working.

Why is the Regional office always loyal to ineffectiveness?

The other assistant principal at Eagle View, (Sandy Edwards) is very similar to Liz Rhein and the evidence is in the high turnover of staff. The Behavioral Crisis Resource Teachers for the emotional mentally disturbed center at Eagle View, are made to be the scapegoat for the administration's wrongdoing. But last school year was epic! The two school administrators blamed the mismanagement of the special needs program on a resource teacher, which didn't make any sense to many of us.

Political regimes influence so much!!! :(

Posted by: Low Morale in the School ()
Date: June 20, 2016 01:03AM

Often what frustrates teachers the most is the perception that their voice is not heard in discussions about important issues.

Despite the difficulties yet a growing number of teachers in FCPS feel that they become disillusioned by a lack of respect from students, administrators, and the society.

The office of employee relations office in FCPS doesn't have not one person with teaching experience. The turnover county wide is growing and the pay is not the issue.

Eagle View Elementary is going to still have high turnover until the administration changes. Many of my friends that are teachers had a hard leaving the school if they are a favorite of the principal. Dr. Granada has prevented certain staff members from leaving the school over the years.

Posted by: 7mtdU ()
Date: June 21, 2016 07:03PM

Eagle View staff - any word on how Beth Levy was received this year at Eagle View after a disastrous tenure at Willow Springs last year?

Posted by: hallie bella ()
Date: January 26, 2017 08:21PM

Once again, Eagle View has had a lot of turn over and it continues.... Mrs. Edwards, special education, assistant principal... is leaving before March due to many legal issues that she help to cause. I am thinking that more changes will come down the road.

Posted by: Ev51Mor ()
Date: March 28, 2017 06:27PM

The Principal at Eagle View Elementary School (Patricia "Patty" Granada), hired a black female administrator because she doesn't want to be labeled as a racist. Earlier this year it was relieved that Dr. Granada had complaints the years because of her discriminatory behavior. Around October of this school year, Dr. Granada hired a black female kindergarten teacher to try to get back in the county's school leadership good graces.
Attachments:
LisaForrest1.jpg

Posted by: ridiculous ()
Date: May 10, 2017 02:56PM

Obviously all of these posts are written by the same delusional person. Your pathetic attempt at trying to drag good people down is getting old. You need to let go of whatever anger issues you have. Move on and go away. None of these women were hired because of the color of their skin. They were hired because they were the most qualified for the job. They are doing amazing things at Eagle View. Get a life.

Posted by: rising68 ()
Date: May 29, 2017 12:27AM

Patty Granada, is going to Greenbriar West Elementary School, effective July 1, and a panel will be interviewing candidates to replace her at Eagle View.

Posted by: ana78chantillyva ()
Date: July 04, 2017 12:32AM

Greenbriar West Elementary School

Here is the link with all the details: https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/VAEDUFCPS/bulletins/19b20ac

Posted by: wackytacky ()
Date: July 16, 2017 10:35PM

Maybe Satonya Dews can join the new Principal at Eagle View?

It was announced last week that Kanchana Iyer will be the new Principal at Eagle View. A number of people thought it was a strange pick because of the internal complaints/concerns about Patty Granada, Sandy Edwards and Eva Beth Levy.
Attachments:
Admin.jpg

Posted by: buvh ()
Date: July 23, 2017 11:25PM

Watch out Greenbriar West for Dr. Granada
Attachments:
img-0320.jpg

Posted by: Keller82 ()
Date: August 04, 2017 12:04AM

Eagle View is exactly what happened to me this year. It was heartbreaking to leave my students and to this day the leadership at my school lacks professionalism and the respect needed to help teachers grow. It is sad that sometimes principals use their authority to bully teachers and it's even more devasting when teachers cannot defend themselves because they are either worried about getting fired or treated unfairly. I think if your health is deteriorating or you are unhappy, sometimes there is that opportunity for something better. Take that risk! I did.

I know when I thought about leaving I was terrified not knowing whether I was going to get treated the same, if I made the wrong decision. But all I thought was...I need to stop being pinned in a corner and I need to get out...I mean what else is there to lose. I did resign, and to this day I am grateful for what is ahead of me now.

Those who are at Willow Springs, Fairfax Villa and Eagle View (if you are unhappy then leave)

Posted by: aurra ()
Date: August 13, 2017 06:45PM

I am writing this to correct another user's comments: Eagle View has a new administrative team with the exception of Eva Beth Levy who was de-staff from Willow Springs (nearly two years ago). Patty Granada, selected Eva Beth Levy to join Eagle View as an Assistant Principal. Patty was given two choices of Assistant Principals who were de-staff and she chose Eva Beth-Levy.
Attachments:
DGY8gWFW0AQnM-K.jpg

Posted by: onward81 ()
Date: August 24, 2017 10:34PM

Patty Granada is settling in at Greenbriar West Elementary School and is indeed moving on from Eagle View. Hopefully Eagle View can move on from what happened this past two years.
Attachments:
granada-kinders.jpg

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.