HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Centreville :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Centreville
Posted by: Cary ()
Date: March 14, 2005 05:08AM

Yeah I'm from Chantilly but it's close enough. What's with the traffic on 28? God damn. Could you imagine if 28 and 29 was still just a light?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Centreville
Date: March 14, 2005 09:58AM

28 will never be free of stop and go traffic. There will always be traffic lights on it and because of that, there will always be slow traffic. What I really hate is when people on 66 start seeing brake lights around the 28/29 exits and bail off on to 28 and 29, turning them into parking lots as well.

Posted by: rstidman ()
Date: March 14, 2005 10:09PM

I do sometimes imagne that, Cary... it's frightening.

Posted by: erik ()
Date: March 15, 2005 08:10AM

Used to be a 2 lane highway...imagine that!

The new overpasses that are being built will help. But you're right, the fact that there are still traffic lights fucks up the whole operation.

Date: March 15, 2005 02:22PM

Oh, for those of you that take 28 and drive in the vicinity of the 29 overpass, cops LOVE that spot. Most of the time they nail speeders heading south on 28 right before/after you go under 29. They usually sit in the grass at the off ramp to rt 29 towards fairfax or just past that where folks from 29 are coming onto 28. The speed limit is 45 there and it raises to 55 about half a mile or more after the 29 overpass, which of course is after you were nailed for doing over 45. Going northbound on 28 usually isn't as bad. Although sometimes they'll sit under the overpass and get you there, but usually they get you going the other direction

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: March 28, 2005 08:41PM

Yeah, sometimes I drive up 28 on the weekends to snag some breakfast from McD's and they've got people lined up all over that. Easy pickins'... easy to speed there.

Posted by: junebug630 ()
Date: March 30, 2005 10:24PM

Dude,
You should really take that 28 under 29 overpass and go just past 66. I have been driving there late at night (usually coming in from out of town having just travelled up 29 north on weekends) and from 66 out to Walney road and beyond if they catch the light, the ricers (Honda Civics pick your model) fairly burn up the road. Very popular short race/showoff spot !

Posted by: chaucer ()
Date: August 24, 2005 11:53PM

anyone here go to chantilly in 95 or around 95?

Posted by: SE ()
Date: August 25, 2005 01:00PM

I was there in 95' grad. in 98'

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.