HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Centreville :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Teachers
Posted by: Ellie Fox ()
Date: August 20, 2015 07:41AM

Question-

Where are all of our teachers going and why?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Teachers
Posted by: It's true ()
Date: August 22, 2015 08:34PM

To better paying counties

Posted by: Oh shit ()
Date: January 09, 2016 08:43PM

Shots fired.

Posted by: outlet9 ()
Date: March 19, 2016 10:52AM

Or they're getting wrongfully terminated.

Steve Kerr, mastermind of the FCPS investigative team, is a man who abuses power and is a tyrant.
Kevin Sills, another goon in the employment office, who thinks firing for non violent/non dangerous issues warrants a firing.

Fuck these guys.

Posted by: SS Fairfax County ()
Date: May 15, 2016 10:19AM

1. Shitty pay and working conditions ( class sizes, administration, traffic)
2. White Flight
3. Kow-Towing to ESOL, Special needs, etc.. due to lawsuits and unfunded mandates.

Posted by: FCPS low morale ()
Date: June 16, 2016 03:30PM

Low teacher morale was one reason I resigned after just ten years. For the past two years, No matter how much time and effort I invested in my job, which I loved, it seemed to make little difference to anyone else. The only time I heard from parents or administrators (other than my principal) was when there was a demand or complaint.

Who ever wrote about Mr. Kevin Sills then you've done your homework because He doesn't have a clue about instruction or curriculum. Mr. Sills is a lawyer as the Director of Employee Relations. I just heard that there is a spike in teachers in litigation with the school board thanks to Mr. Sills.

Please remember that Mr. Sills is a lawyer and doesn't care about the teachers but only the principals.

Posted by: outlet9 ()
Date: July 28, 2016 09:18AM

You're right, I did do my homework about Kevin Sills. It's interesting how he is the head of the office of equity and employee relations, yet his character is corrupt.

I resigned due to the ill-advised actions by Steve Kerr and Kevin Sills. They tried to bully me for an opinion on a belief about the Sandy Hook shooting that was posted in a forum, one that wasn't malicious. They couldn't find anything that was connected to me and decided to dig deeper in my past, using the aforementioned as an excuse to search me. Mind you, I had no violent history/insubordination with the county and was evaluated as a highly effective teacher. They dug up a past addiction that I became clean with and used it to bully me, so I said "fuck this" and resigned. It was probably the best move I had made because now my blood pressure is a lot lower from not dealing with kids and lack of support from administration who is out to advance their agenda, and I am making 15,000 more per year.

So, as much as I would love to spit in the face of these jack offs, I'll let my redemption do it for me.

Posted by: Annienonymous ()
Date: August 20, 2016 07:13PM

I left for the same reasons. I was a special ed teacher and just really liked working with kids. But I just couldn't watch anymore at what admins and some of the teachers did to kids - so I left. I now work help parents who are trying to navigate special education - I've seen so many of them railroaded. The stupidity and real lack of caring about the kids is astounding.

Posted by: Mamaknows ()
Date: September 09, 2016 06:02PM

If you think anyone is kowtowing to ESOL or Special Ed you have been nowhere near a school. Both groups of students are hugely undersupported. ESOL and Sped teachers are spread way too thin and often have to fight for their students to get what they need. Lawsuits happen because schools aren't following federal laws not because they're doing too much for these students (but it is great how you blame the students most on need of support for the problem. Definitely shows your priorities).

Posted by: Inquisitive One ()
Date: September 11, 2016 03:30AM

Mamaknows Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you think anyone is kowtowing to ESOL or
> Special Ed you have been nowhere near a school.
> Both groups of students are hugely undersupported.
> ESOL and Sped teachers are spread way too thin and
> often have to fight for their students to get what
> they need. Lawsuits happen because schools aren't
> following federal laws not because they're doing
> too much for these students (but it is great how
> you blame the students most on need of support for
> the problem. Definitely shows your priorities).

Have ICE deport one deserving family a week and the ESOL problem will disappear within a year.

Posted by: Vic0312 ()
Date: February 01, 2017 11:56PM

Mr. Kevin Sills is nothing but a bully.....so much for zero tolerance in Fairfax County. We hold our children accountable but we don't hold Kevin Sills accountable. I would love for every teacher to get together and let's go after him together.My husband was forced to resign after his Leave of Absence was one day late because his doctor was gone.( I mind you he had to take a leave of absence to stay with his wife after she suffered two strokes...yeah Kevin sills didn't care....) Kevin Sills and Julie Tripp and some other retard cornered him in a room and did not let him leave until he either got fired or resigned.....what kind of example is this for our children. He is a liar and a cheat. I am not afraid to find his address and get a group of friends together and deliver fliers to all his neighbors about what an immoral pig he is....people search is great...finds him quick. I am willing to make Karma bite him in his ass sooner vs later!!!! His phone number is 571-423-3070 just ask for his voicemail and leave him a sweet message so all he does all day is empty his damn messages and then he won't have time to harass teachers. FCPS does not pay teachers enough for that shit!! I also have some contacts in the news field and if I can get enough teachers on board we can hit him where it hurts....in the jury of public opinion. It is one thing to complain..I am willing to do something. He is no mentor and should not be in the education field at all. he is a BULLLLLYYYYY!!!!! but rules do not apply to him!

Posted by: Ffx sucks ()
Date: February 13, 2017 11:27PM

I'm in...this guy tried to ruin me

Posted by: Marcia Scott ()
Date: February 15, 2017 08:39PM

Teachers are leaving Virginia Run because the administration is chasing them out.

Date: February 15, 2017 08:48PM

email me at funoneforever2@yahoo.com put teacher in the subject ... I am getting ready to hit Fairfax County where it hurts......the media.... I will be the face for all the teachers that can't show their face because Mr. Sills will ruin them. He can't do a thing to me! Spread the word!

Date: February 15, 2017 08:49PM

email me at funoneforever2@yahoo.com put teacher in the subject ... I am getting ready to hit Fairfax County where it hurts......the media.... I will be the face for all the teachers that can't show their face because Mr. Sills will ruin them. He can't do a thing to me!

Posted by: proteacher ()
Date: October 21, 2017 09:14PM

The only association that is not in bed with the School Board is the Association of Fairfax Professional Educators.

A number of teachers have experienced workplace retaliation. When you file a complaint about discrimination or harassment in the workplace, it's imperative that you, organize your letter of complaint to achieve clarity. Before you sit down to actually write the complaint letter, jot down the facts of the case. These facts might include the date, time, and location of the incident, and the names of the personnel involved.

A number of employees within FCPS have experienced retaliation with a negative job action, such as demotion, discipline, firing, salary reduction, or job or shift reassignment. But a number of employees have learned that retaliation can also be more subtle.

The following employees within HR should not be trusted Karin McArthur-Rodriguez and Cindy Fitzgerald because they are lawyers.

Posted by: FreeMoney ()
Date: December 11, 2017 10:30AM

The app "GetUpside" will give you cash back when you buy gas. In the app you claim the gas station, then you upload a photo of your receipt. No catch, no scam, I'm using it and got some friends and family on it.

Some stations do like 10 cents others do as high as 25 cents.. AND you can get an extra 20c on your first fill up when you sign up with code HGWM5

It also gives you credit to the gas station, which is further incentive. So if you get a tire rotation or buy something in the store, you will receive cash back from those purchases as well.

Spread the word, spread the code, and lets get more participating gas stations! This kind of thing will add up over time so be patient.

Download the app here. or get it from the google play store or apple app store.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.