HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Centreville :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
AVOID GOOD YEAR REPAIR SHOP IN CENTREVILLE AT ALL COST!!!
Posted by: Doug Pullium ()
Date: March 18, 2013 11:34AM

Two times now I have taken my 2009 Accord to Good Year in Centreville and each time I walk out of there they have suggested I do over $2000 in work on my car. Once they said I needed a new transmission, and another time they said I needed a new radiator. Both times I took my car to Centreville Tire and Auto by Ciro's for a second opinion. Both times the certified mechanics said that the suggested work at Good Year was unnecessary and that a trans flush and radiator flush would do the trick. I have for 12000 miles on my car since Centreville Tire and Auto did the their recommended flushes and my car is driving better than it ever has.

If you live in Centreville only take your car to Centreville Tire and Auto, they are the only honest mechanics I have ever taken my car to. Beware of the Good Year at all costs they are corporate money grubbers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: AVOID GOOD YEAR REPAIR SHOP IN CENTREVILLE AT ALL COST!!!
Posted by: Emily82 ()
Date: March 26, 2013 11:49AM

It's a bit sketchy that you've posted the exact same story twice about different locations. I think you might be a Tire and Auto plant:
http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/36/1143316.html

Posted by: skayer ()
Date: March 31, 2013 07:21PM

Nope, they do suck

Posted by: dfjbgdjkfbgjk ()
Date: April 02, 2013 07:57AM

I noticed this morning that their signs are down. Are they closing up, rebranding or just getting new signs?

Posted by: dfjbgdjkfbgjk ()
Date: April 05, 2013 08:49AM

They did change their name. They are no longer a Goodyear shop.

Posted by: just me ()
Date: April 26, 2013 12:48PM

Antoher place you might try is Master Mechanics. They are located in Chantilly near the Expo Center.

Posted by: svennestle ()
Date: August 17, 2013 10:45PM

last time i worked at a shop (won't say which ones)

the manager kept gathering us up and directly saying to us: write up more false work on cars or your fired

in a tight economy you cannot expect to get fair appraisals. if you want it done right diy.

yes. if you want a car that lasts and lasts with no major work: don't stomp the gas or the break or make fast turns, do avoid pot holes. do all scheduled fluid changes if the mechanic says so or not. go to the dealer they know your car very well.

don't expect a shop won't steal. they all will. some of it is to cover slow times. but some of it is: bad economy

in a good economy the mechanics are too busy to f'around or steal: it has been that way beleive it

dont' knwo if you'll ever see those times, anytime soon

Posted by: svennestle ()
Date: August 17, 2013 10:47PM

some of it's just plain theiving. allota bad moral in the area now. people are just wholesale giving in to it.

Posted by: Yesssirrrrr ()
Date: September 01, 2013 01:30PM

on the contrary centreville tire and auto told me i needed to shell out 3-4 grand for a new transmission on my montero and then i brought it to AL's Transmission on route 29 in fairfax i believe and they did a flush and car has driven fine for the past 7 years HAHA.

Posted by: ColonelAngus ()
Date: September 26, 2013 09:34PM

I've had more than 1 really bad experience there. Got home once and the car was smoking. They forgot to replace the oil cap and all of my oil pumped out all over the engine. Same car they later diagnosed as just fine needed major transmission work. My friend said he actually over heard the mechanics talking about him and his vehicle and joking about how they were just going to tell him to replace his timing belt whether he needed it or not. I could go on, but I too discovered Master Mechanic in Chantilly. The guy running the shop seems honest and actually told me I didn't need some of the work I had requested. I'll stick with him for now.

Posted by: roy lettre ()
Date: October 04, 2013 04:43PM

I've heard bad things about them, but I tried the place for myself and they did really good work and didn't charge too much.

Posted by: Man dis is real ()
Date: October 31, 2013 11:52PM

That place has been a rip off since the day before forever.

Posted by: Ranscrid ()
Date: June 09, 2014 05:54PM

I've had multiple people tell me to avoid that place. I figured they were all stupid so I went anyway. I've been there about 7 times and they've done exceptional work every time. They've even taken the charge off for something they replaced that didn't fix the issue like they hoped it would. After my alignment they handed me a sheet with all of the readings on it. I've never had another shop do that. They're one of the better shops around here.

Posted by: lynn ()
Date: June 17, 2014 02:53PM

Yep they suck. Took my car twice and they overcharged ALOT. Go to MARS auto in manassas park off euclid, they rock. And they are honest.

Posted by: Tim W ()
Date: October 12, 2014 07:07PM

Many years back we had the reverse experience with Centreville T & A vs. Goodyear. Have been with Goodyear since. Will keep this experience in mind for the future.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.