HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Loudoun :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
AVOID GOOD YEAR REPAIR SHOP IN ASHBURN AT ALL COST!!!
Posted by: Chad Vaneffen ()
Date: March 18, 2013 11:30AM

Two times now I have taken my 2009 Accord to Good Year in Ashburn and each time I walk out of there they have suggested I do over $2000 in work on my car. Once they said I needed a new transmission, and another time they said I needed a new radiator. Both times I took my car to Ashburn Service and Tire Center in the Ashburn Shopping Plaza in Ashburn for a second opinion. Both times the certified mechanics said that the suggested work at Good Year was unnecessary and that a trans flush and radiator flush would do the trick. I have for 12000 miles on my car since Ashburn Services and Tire did the their recommended flushes and my car is driving better than it ever has.

If you live in Ashburn or Sterling only take your car to Ashburn Service and Tire, they are the only honest mechanics I have ever taken my car to. Beware of the Good Year at all costs they are corporate money grubbers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: AVOID GOOD YEAR REPAIR SHOP IN ASHBURN AT ALL COST!!!
Posted by: agreed ()
Date: March 18, 2013 04:38PM

Everyone i know says to avoid the ashburn goodyear. they actually did over $2000 in "repairs" to one of my cars, the light of the part they were supposedly fixing was still on when i got the car, they told me to drive around for 100 miles & it would go off, it didn't & when i took the car back they said it would be another $2400 in repairs! the car wasn't even worth that! ended up having to completely junk the car. these people are either thieves or idiots. not sure which but i would NEVER EVER EVER go there. this is the one on waxpool i'm talking about, i'm not sure about the other one.

Posted by: Emily82 ()
Date: March 26, 2013 11:49AM

It's a bit sketchy that you've posted the exact same story twice about different locations:
http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/7/1143325.html

Posted by: Treadwear ()
Date: March 26, 2013 03:46PM

Emily82 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's a bit sketchy that you've posted the exact
> same story twice about different locations:
> http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/7/114
> 3325.html

This does appear a bit sketchy and trollish as; both of the recommended shops are operated by one company. And, includes a third location in Herndon, VA
under: http://www.elitecarcarecenter.com/index.html

That aside-- can vouch for excellent service received in the past at Ashburn service & Tire Center for services ranging from state/emissions inspection, new tire purchase and an AC repair.

Posted by: emaNruoY ()
Date: March 27, 2013 10:55AM

Add to the sketchiness that the 2 posts were made within 4 minutes of each other!!!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.