HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Centreville :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Wild Turkey?
Posted by: ArkhaM ()
Date: June 24, 2008 03:12AM

Has anyone seen a wild turkey running around the intersection next to CVHS and the Colonnade? I've heard about it over the last 2 months but have never actually seen it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wild Turkey?
Posted by: 100 Proof ()
Date: June 24, 2008 03:35PM

Yesss siirrrr, I saw it myself right behind the Colonnade running around in the woods. Those things see in color, big as hell too

Posted by: DC2NYC ()
Date: June 24, 2008 05:21PM

I was driving on New Braddock Rd. a couple of weeks ago and saw that thing literally standing on the corner of Clifton Rd. near the golf range. Thought I was seeing things...

Posted by: saw it 2 ()
Date: June 24, 2008 09:31PM

I saw it a few months ago crossong Union Mill right at Braddock Rd. That is one big turkey!

He is going to make some Thanksgiving plentiful!

Posted by: ArkhaM ()
Date: June 28, 2008 12:24AM

Im not sure if its still around but i live right across from CVHS and i still havent seen it.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: July 07, 2008 03:53AM

My wife and I saw the turkey in question recently. We have wild turkeys around here - not news.

Posted by: Destro ()
Date: July 28, 2008 03:32PM

I was driving down rte29 towards Centreville from Ffx and saw it sitting on the guard rail going down Stringfellow, or whatever road that 7-11 is on. A bicycle rode by it and the thing flew off into the woods, it was pretty damn big, scared the shit out of the bicycler.

Posted by: General Lee ()
Date: November 21, 2010 11:36PM

I saw a Turkey on Braddock Road in Centreville the other day.

Posted by: Wildlife ()
Date: November 22, 2010 07:54PM

We had one in Sully Station - flew from a pipestem driveway next to my house, across the street to a neighbor's sideyard then walked into his backyard.

Big bird.

We're getting more and more wildlife through here (middle of development - houses everywhere). Had a coyote run through my back yard on three legs (too big for a fox, which we've also had). Have had numerous deer meander through. A couple years ago we were inundated with chipmunks. A VERY successful white cat hunter cleaned them out - last year and this they are few and far between.

This year we have squirrels - and gajillions of blue jays and robins.

Posted by: Rob ()
Date: November 23, 2010 12:48PM

Wild turkeys have always been around this area and it's likely that you all aren't seeing the same bird. Why is this worthy of a post?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.