HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Western Fairfax General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fairfax Corner
Posted by: asnpcwiz ()
Date: April 14, 2005 03:39PM

Is it me or does Fairfax Corner seem infested with little Teenie Boppers?!?! I think they need to put some higher end retail stores in there and try to help out the local economy. The movie theatre is great, and so are most of the restaurants (except P.F. Chang's). But let's face it, those Teenie Boppers are there to hang out for as cheap as possible and can possibly create a lot of trouble too. I'd like to see them turn that place into something real nice before it gets out of hand.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2005 03:40PM by asnpcwiz.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fairfax Corner
Posted by: Cary ()
Date: April 14, 2005 04:56PM

Nothing you can do about it, sorry.
They're trying to make it in reston towne centre's image, and that's even more infested. I wouldn't mind having a skating rink though.

Oh and speaking about Fairfax Corner, jesus christ don't try to park there on the weekends. I tried to see a movie a couple weeks ago and couldn't park ANYWHERE. only free spots in the whole lot were in that valet parking zone. i even tried to park over by pf chang's! i eventually dropped off my girlfriend to get tickets and waited in front of the movie thearte for someone to come out and asked them if they wanted a ride so i could get their spot. whatever works.

Posted by: dlee ()
Date: April 15, 2005 01:07PM

I dont have a problem with the teen crowd. (since i'm a ped and all). But seriously, what does blow it the movie selection. I mean, you've got the nicest theater in town and all you show is crap!

Aviator, The; Beauty Shop; Bride and Prejudice; Hitch; Hostage; Melinda and Melinda; Million Dollar Baby; Miss Congeniality 2; Pacifier, The; Robots; Upside of Anger

What if i want to see Sin City, or Sahara, or Steamboy, or Kung Fu Hustle in the director's hall? Good luck...

By the way, Organized Living is the shit.

Date: April 15, 2005 01:41PM

Cary, I know what you mean bro, the kids will come regardless. And trust me I know what you mean about the horrendous parking as well. My wife and I live 3 minutes drive from it, maybe at most a 30 minute walk. When the weather is nicer we'll start walking there, it'll be faster than driving there and trying to look for parking.

Dlee, about the movie selection there's not much they can do about it. Fairfax Corner 14 and the Regal (United Artist) Cinema in Fairfax Towne Center bid for movies. They do this so that they aren't fighting for the same ticket sales. That's why some big movies go to 14 and some go to Regal. Suck, I know, but I guess it's a good agreement they both came up with. Like Troy only came to 14, and now Sin City is only at Towne Center.

Anyways, my wife LOVES Organized Living, but that's just about it there. My wife and I love to go to Fairfax Corner, but the problem is we can only go there for food and a movie, walking around there sucks. My wife and I are small little asians that look like the rest of the Teenie Boppers, so we get treated like them too, even though we don't act like them. Anyways, I'd just wish there was something they could do to make it a little more "grown up", if you know what I mean.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2005 01:44PM by asnpcwiz.

Date: April 15, 2005 01:58PM

yeah, we live at Post Forest, so walking is def. the way to go. I think most of the shops there are pretty adult (if by adult one means expensive) except for REI maybe, but I think it's a nice enough place that parents feel safe letting their kids hang out there. And that's not a bad thing necessarily.

And don't sleep on Karibou Coffee. I am addicted to their Caramel Turtle thing. Forget starbucks, Karibou is so much better.

Date: April 15, 2005 02:13PM

I like Karibou last year. When they had the open grass area with tables and chairs outside. You could get a coffee, a laptop, or book and just chill all day outside. It was nice. Now they got that huRting place next to it. Anyone hear about more restaurants going in there?

Date: April 15, 2005 02:31PM

Yeah i agree. They're building way too much there. If you want to see something cool, check out this Satellite Image of how Fairfax Corner used to be, courtesy google maps.

Cary, you should add the Satellite Image of Fairfax to the links page.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2005 02:32PM by dlee.

Date: April 15, 2005 03:51PM

Man, I was talking to my cousin the other day who had just discovered that and I told him that mapquest used to do that a long time ago...can anyone confirm this or is just my imagination? I could have sworn they used to do it...but I couldn't find any proof from their website.

Posted by: ben ()
Date: April 15, 2005 05:15PM

dlee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And don't sleep on Karibou Coffee. I am addicted
> to their Caramel Turtle thing. Forget starbucks,
> Karibou is so much better.

A good friend of mine works there, and that coffee is goooood.

It can be deadly too, but that's another story.

Posted by: Cary ()
Date: April 16, 2005 12:06AM

Fairfax County actually has aerial imagery of the entire county on their website. Along with the ability to search for an address and show things like street names, property lines, etc.
Link: http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/gisapps/parcelviewer/parcels.asp?operation=ortho
Been meaning to put that in the links section for awhile.

Date: April 16, 2005 07:37PM

ben Wrote:
> It can be deadly too, but that's another story.
>

Care to explain?!?!?

Posted by: ben ()
Date: April 16, 2005 11:18PM

asnpcwiz Wrote:
> Care to explain?!?!?
>
>

I don't really drink coffee, but since Caribou is the place to hang out sometimes, and as the drinks are very rich and sweet, those with lactose digesting problems have, on occasion, gotten the worst cramps of their life from imbibing all that is caribou.

This post brought to you by the letter 'exhaustion'

Date: April 18, 2005 09:28AM

ben Wrote:
> I don't really drink coffee, but since Caribou is
> the place to hang out sometimes, and as the drinks
> are very rich and sweet, those with lactose
> digesting problems have, on occasion, gotten the
> worst cramps of their life from imbibing all that
> is caribou.
>
> This post brought to you by the letter
> 'exhaustion'
>
> adytum.net
> don,t dream

NICE!!! That was borderline too much info, hahahahaha. But it does explain why some people I know have to run home after having coffee there, hahaha.

Posted by: Cm ()
Date: April 18, 2005 11:04PM

asnpcwiz Wrote:
> mapquest used to do that a long time ago...can
> anyone confirm this or is just my imagination?

Yes, Mapquest used to do this.

Date: April 20, 2005 10:11AM

In the last section of the spy museum they have a couple computers set up that will do the satellite image thing, as though that's something new and original. That place was half-way interesting, but mostly blew.

Date: April 22, 2005 03:26PM

Thanks, I always wanted to go to the spy museum, but I guess I won't know since it sucks the big one!

Posted by: tina ()
Date: July 29, 2005 05:39AM

I work there, and the reason we show crap is because we've got a contract with fairfax town center so they won't go bankrupt.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: July 04, 2006 04:46PM

Towne Center has better video games. (for those of us who can figure out how to work the damn thing)

Posted by: Fuzzy Cat ()
Date: February 26, 2007 04:15PM

I wish they would just close the Regal. The place is a dump.

Posted by: stinkypoon ()
Date: July 05, 2007 03:58PM

Why in god's name did they not put in adequate parking? That place is a nightmare on any weeknight, and I don't even bother going on the weekends any more. It's such a disservice to customers to have to frantically drive around for 30 minutes, fight over a spot that four cars want at once, and end up parking out by where monument crosses 66. Did they think that coastal flats was going to be a hole in the wall joint, or that maybe a 14 theater multiplex wouldn't attract a decent crowd? It's a dick move and it fucks every one of us.

Posted by: allivant ()
Date: July 10, 2007 12:09PM

I was told by a friend that works at the managing company that the parking spots in FFX Corner weren't even supposed to be there. The goal was for everyone to park past REI and walk in like Reston Town Center. Since the spots are there, everyone thinks walking that far sucks.

vaburbia.com

Posted by: SE ()
Date: January 08, 2008 10:16PM

Maggianos is finally coming to FFX Corner! They are building a new parking garage to accomodate behind the movie theatre. The new restaurant will be in the old container store. yay!

Posted by: Elle ()
Date: January 11, 2008 04:14PM

When you say the container store do you mean the old organized living place?

Posted by: badnewz ()
Date: February 01, 2008 02:33PM

Plans to build Maggianos and the parking garage have been put on hold because of the economy.

Posted by: iain ()
Date: February 25, 2008 01:31PM

The popcorn at the "Cinema de Lux" blows. The theatre above the Bed Bath & Beyond has much improved since Regal bought them out. Before they got bought out my mom dumped an entire bucket of popcorn on the counter because they kept giving her stale popcorn...my wife was with her and she was mortified.

Posted by: SE ()
Date: February 25, 2008 05:05PM

Elle Wrote:
> When you say the container store do you mean the
> old organized living place?

Oops- yes, that place :-)

Posted by: Tonka ()
Date: April 07, 2008 08:02PM

Ice Rink Coming Fall 2008

Posted by: Chevro-legs ()
Date: August 18, 2008 04:15PM

To all you fat-asses who are willing to wait 10 minutes for a parking spot anywhere you go. Quit being lazy and just WALK, you might lose a couple of lbs. I truck my 1 year old from the back of the parking lot, so quit being a bunch of babies. What's next, complaining about having to walk store-to-store?! You're there to shop and that requires footwork. If you didn't want to walk, you should have stayed home. Better yet, get a wheelchair, and then bitch about the lack of accessibility you have. Fucking cry babies.

And to the person who started this post, yeah teenagers are annoying but they are everywhere so get used to it.

Posted by: Local ()
Date: July 12, 2013 10:35PM

To hear people complain about having to share public space with kids and to listen to why anyone would have to park their Lexus and walk 5 minutes discourages my faith in humanity.

I preferred the White Pine Trees that stood there before Fairfax Corner and Wegman's were built so long as they keep away the arrogant transients who stigmatize Northern Virginia Residents as insolated arrogant consumers who work for the government and think of success in terms of brand names.

Furthermore; If you can complain about the aforesaid hardships of Fairfax Corner as some poor sap in Africa plucks maggots from his scrotum, then you will be able to point your criticism at some other minimal characteristic even if they were to fix the current "problems". Because you can't see what you already have and give it due credit this literally makes your opinion useless.

Posted by: NoVa ()
Date: April 11, 2014 09:20PM

Avoid Fairfax Corner on Summer, Weekends, Breaks and Fridays. cause it's filled with Middle Easterns Yelling with their 10 Kids running around the Street.

Posted by: ohyeahiknowwhatthatmean ()
Date: November 12, 2014 10:13PM

Aw, I feel so bad for you. We should build a special area for whites only.
Unless you wanna make it easier for all of us - move to WV.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.