HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Western Fairfax General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
other restaurant recommendations
Posted by: dlee ()
Date: March 29, 2005 11:32AM

Glory Days on Nutley street in Fairfax has 35c. wings every Wednesday night. Service generally sucks due to high turnover, but the wings are good and cheap. However, I'm open to any other recommendations. My friends and I have been going there every Wednesday night for a year and a half and yet no one knows who the hell we are b/c the servers change every month or so. Also they stopped carrying Dominion Ale on tap.

I'd also recommend the Dave's Seafood and Subs in the shopping center where rt50 and Waples Mill meet. (just east of rt50 / I66 intersection). It's the shopping center with Circuit City, Peer 1 and Burlington Coat Factory. Their food is good and cheap. Burgers are ok. Wings are passable. Their Pork Chop platter for like 8$ is rediculous. They're closed on Sundays though.

- d.lee
farker goodbyebluemonday

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: other restaurant recommendations
Posted by: rstidman ()
Date: March 29, 2005 09:22PM

I'd like to recommend Pulcinella Italian Restaurant Old Dom. in Tysons...McLean whatever

"the italian host"

Posted by: Cary ()
Date: March 29, 2005 10:08PM

Cantina D'italia. Excellent Italian food in a quaint atmosphere for reasonable prices. Has the fancy restaurant feel but their entrees are less than $10.

In Fair Lakes (with Best Buy, Wal-Mart, and just about everything else) near the Kids World (former Toys R' Us) and Radio Shack.

Excellent place for a romantic date.

The waiters are all older Italian men, not kids.

Posted by: rstidman ()
Date: March 30, 2005 10:39AM

Really... will check that one out this weekend...

Date: March 30, 2005 03:00PM

Yeah that sounds pretty good and right down the street. And to think i've been going to the crappy olive garden over there...

Also the Red Robin over there is pretty good. No 5 guys, but good. Provided you don't find a finger in your food.

Posted by: Cary ()
Date: March 30, 2005 04:45PM

Ahh! What's with all the fingers in food recently. Wendy's too! There's a brand new 5 guys down 50 right past 28 in the shopping center with the new Costco and Target. And to think I used to go all the way to Fox Mill.

Posted by: PhilResch ()
Date: March 30, 2005 09:28PM

dlee:

It sounds like you're bummed about the Dominion Ale no longer being on tap. Have you considered that it comes from a local brewpub? The Old Dominion Brewing Company.

Their website:
http://www.olddominion.com/

And a map to the brewpub:
http://www.olddominion.com/inner_pages/07_visit_od/07_visit_od_map.html

The food is pretty decent. I've eaten there a couple of times with friends. I liked the sheppard's pie a lot. The root beer is also very good, for anyone who ends up being the designated driver (probably a good thing to have, where brewpubs are concerned).

Posted by: asnpcwiz ()
Date: April 11, 2005 11:45AM

Buffalo Wing University has much better wings thatn Buffalo Wing Factory, and they have better deals too. They have happy hour until 9 every night and a they have deals every day. I can't remember them all, but they have half priced appetizers on Sunday, 30 cent wings on Tuesday and Thursdays I believe. It's worth checking out if you've never been. It's located in Fairfax city, right on Willard Way. In the same shopping center as Joe's Pizza behind the Harris Teeter shopping center.

Buffalo Wing University
Date: April 14, 2005 01:09PM

asnpcwiz
As I recall, Buffalo Wing University also has cheap beer. I'll have to check that place out again.

PhilResch
I've been wanting to check out the Old Dominion pub for a while now. Just need to do it. I'm quickly turning into a Nova bitch, where anything more than 10 miles away is too big a hassle!

Date: April 14, 2005 01:19PM

LOL...a Nova bitch. How true it is though. Thats only because in most NORMAL places 10 miles is only a few minutes. Here it's no less then 30-40 minutes.

Date: April 14, 2005 01:23PM

Trogdor
Yeah, seriously. I'm moving back down south once my clerkship is done for real. But that's not till Summer '06.

Posted by: kit.car ()
Date: May 26, 2005 12:11AM

I know I will be up at ODB Thursday night...need my Oak barrel stout FIX...If you treat the bar keeps right...they return the favor!

Posted by: korean ()
Date: July 23, 2005 02:07PM

has anyone ever eaten at Joe's Crabhouse (formally Crabshack) off of the parkway by FairLakes?

Is it any good?

I live right near it, but I've never eaten there, and today in the post weekend advertisements they had an ad 30 shrimp for $13, and I was wondering if the place was any good.

Date: July 28, 2005 10:56AM

I've been to a Joe's Crabshack before though not the one in Fair Lakes. But basically they're like any other mediocre chain restaurant. So, if you like shrimp, go for it. But for 13$ you should consider a late lunch at the Malibu Grill.

Besides, if you are Korean, just go down to Super H Mart and wait for a "super crazy sale" on shrimp. You can get a boatload of nice shrimp there cheap.

Posted by: PaperPusher ()
Date: July 28, 2005 11:20PM

The Blue Iguana

Posted by: tina ()
Date: August 04, 2005 04:38PM

California something in FC, fast service and fresh veggies

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: July 04, 2006 04:43PM

I buy cases of OD beer and root beer at Chanilly COstco.

Posted by: § ()
Date: July 05, 2006 03:26PM

I always find that the Korean market shrimp are extremely constipated. You have to give them finger enemas before ingestion - - just like you would at Popeyes. -§

Posted by: allan ()
Date: December 13, 2006 09:55PM

I live right by the Baja Fresh in FFX. There's Moby Dick's, Pomodoro's, Five Guys and I think a Glory Day's is opening up b/c I've seen Hiring signs around there. Coastal Flats in Fairfax Corner is not bad but the wait is silly.

Posted by: allan ()
Date: December 13, 2006 09:56PM

funny, i'm working on a website for dining/drinking in nova too.

www.vaburbia.com

Posted by: § ()
Date: December 15, 2006 11:42AM

You're right. That is funny! ROFFLE! -§

Posted by: 3rd Generation Ffx ()
Date: July 15, 2017 10:56AM

I hit Whole Foods. It's restaurant quality with out the mark-up or & service-charges (because it's served on a plastic plate, at a counter).

DogHeadfish has a good food too.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.