HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Western Fairfax General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
broadband recommendation
Posted by: dlee ()
Date: July 15, 2005 12:14PM

Ok, I live in the Post Forest 'community' behind ffx gov't center. (I say community in quotes because none of my neighbors talk to each other, at all. I think it's a bit odd, but it also means that if I'm loud as hell it's like a victimless crime).

Anyways, DSL is absolutely out. Nobody provides it to my line. FIOS hasn't come to the area yet. So am I stuck with Cable? Is there an afordable satellite company? Because I hate cable. I mean, everyone likes cable, and I might get it for the football season, but I'm not paying 50$ when I only use like 5 channels: ESPN 1&2, Cartoon Network, G4, Comedy Central, oh and Oxygen b/c I'm a fucking pussy (beat you to it, rstidman).

Seriously though. I don't want to get cable just for broadband.

I'd just leach, provided I could find an unsecured wireless network, but I want to get VOIP. Speaking of getting screwed, I can't believe I'm paying $50 bucks/ month for a land line that I only use to buzz people into the front gate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2005 12:15PM by dlee.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: broadband recommendation
Posted by: rstidman ()
Date: July 16, 2005 10:28PM

Gated Communities = teh ghey

what a waste...

anyway i am confused. I have cable modem without tv so what do channels you don't watch have to do with getting high speed intarweb?

Cable modem is fast... EVERY SINGLE PERSON I ever knew who got satellite (five) all regretted it. No upstream speed and frequent downtime.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.