HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
photo recovery program?
Posted by: rob smiley ()
Date: May 17, 2012 02:18PM

good free photo recovery software? i tried the pc inspector smart recovery program and not only is it excruciatingly slow (some nonsense about the card being damaged too badly for "fast mode") but it writes every photo to disk, not just the deleted ones. I don't want it writing 15gb worth of pictures when there's only 4 pictures that I want to recover among less than 1gb of deleted photos. Is that how all of these programs work? They recover even the non-deleted pictures? Though I want a free program I'd be willing to pay less than $10 for a program that works fast and only recovers the deleted pictures. thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: photo recovery program?
Posted by: recuva ()
Date: May 17, 2012 05:39PM

Try Recuva (http://www.piriform.com/recuva)

Read through the instructions on how to use it. I used it once on a corrupted memory card and all my pictures came back!

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.