HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Richmond On TV !
Posted by: RichmondTV ()
Date: April 21, 2008 03:03PM

Dot's Back Inn is on the Food Network!


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Richmond On TV !
Posted by: Richmond Sucks ()
Date: April 21, 2008 04:17PM

I'll have that and some local polluted James River water in my glass please.

Meade,
If you want some real food come to Northern Virginia or DC.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Richmond On TV !
Posted by: NOVABLOWS ()
Date: April 21, 2008 11:32PM

No , thanks. There's only so many I could enjoy Applebees or any other of the chains that dot the NOVA countryside.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Richmond On TV !
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: April 22, 2008 07:45AM

NOVABLOWS Wrote:
> only so many I could enjoy Applebees or any other of the chains that dot the NOVA countryside.

Look, if you're going to characterize NoVA that way, you are *completely* misinformed. There are a total of 6 Applebee's in the area, and only 3 of those are in FFX county. There are 13 in the Richmond area.

You're just flat out wrong if you think this area doesn't have some of the best dining options on the entire east coast. The DC area is excellent when it comes to restaurants- we truly have it all up here. The only place you'll do better is NY, but DC is a close second.

You really think Richmond is a mecca of dining options? That is LOL funny. Richmond is a town where Chipotle is considered exciting ethnic cuisine. The only time I hear about restaurants from there, it's either some fried chicken joint or something about BBQ. Oh please. They think the Cracker Barrel is the height of good dining. Gimme a fuckin break!

There is absolutely no comparison between us and the rest of the state. You can literally find anything you want here; and chances are, it will be better than anywhwere else down your way.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Richmond On TV !
Posted by: RichmondTV ()
Date: April 22, 2008 03:01PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> NOVABLOWS Wrote:
> > only so many I could enjoy Applebees or any
> other of the chains that dot the NOVA
> countryside.
>
> Look, if you're going to characterize NoVA that
> way, you are *completely* misinformed. There are
> a total of 6 Applebee's in the area, and only 3 of
> those are in FFX county. There are 13 in the
> Richmond area.
>
> You're just flat out wrong if you think this area
> doesn't have some of the best dining options on
> the entire east coast. The DC area is excellent
> when it comes to restaurants- we truly have it all
> up here. The only place you'll do better is NY,
> but DC is a close second.
>
> You really think Richmond is a mecca of dining
> options? That is LOL funny. Richmond is a town
> where Chipotle is considered exciting ethnic
> cuisine. The only time I hear about restaurants
> from there, it's either some fried chicken joint
> or something about BBQ. Oh please. They think
> the Cracker Barrel is the height of good dining.
> Gimme a fuckin break!
>
> There is absolutely no comparison between us and
> the rest of the state. You can literally find
> anything you want here; and chances are, it will
> be better than anywhwere else down your way.


Do you think they have fine restaurants in NOVA like the Tobacco Company?
http://www.thetobaccocompany.com/

Or Juleps?
http://www.juleps.net/


Or The Can Can ? A fancy French Bistro
http://www.cancanbrasserie.com/cc_content.htm

Or Strawberry St. Cafe?

http://www.strawberrystreetcafe.com/

This show is about Diners, so naturally its on that level. Fairfax has that big 'ol Diner on Rt. 29. But their idea of "fine dinning" are some joints like TJ Reynolds where college kids go on keg party binges, or Maggie's Pizza. Oh and who could forget "Red , Hot and Blue".

Really you call that the best dining on the East Coast?

New York City has rats in their restaurants.

Richmond has tons of great restaurants.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Richmond On TV !
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: April 22, 2008 03:16PM

Well I don't know who the heck you're talking to around here, but whoever's going to TJ Reynolds for "fine dining" doesn't know what they are doing. The fact that you'd even use a pizza place in your comparison tells me you know very little about this subject.

Name whatever cuisine you'd like, Richmond would be totally outnumbered and outgunned in any category.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Richmond On TV !
Posted by: Lurker.. ()
Date: April 22, 2008 04:50PM

Meade you are completely wrong. Competing Richmond restaurants against Northern Va and DC area restaurants would be like racing a bicycle against a Corvette; Fun to watch for the first five feet.

Take your pick: http://www.toprestaurants.com/dc/Wash.htm

Plus:
With in 30 minutes of Washington you'll find some of the best 5 star restaurants in the World. Like the Little Inn at Washington:(Bring your Visa card and expect a minimum of $100 each)

Craig Claiborne of The New York Times called it “the most magnificent inn I’ve ever seen, in this country or Europe, where I had the most fantastic meal of my life”. Patrick’s approach to cooking, while paying homage to the lawmakers of Classical French Cuisine, reflects a belief in “the cuisine of today”, healthy, eclectic, imaginative, unrestricted by ethnic boundaries and always growing. The restaurant has been continually rated number one in all categories of Zagat’s Washington DC restaurant survey for the past 14 years. The popular reader’s survey raves that it is: “the gastronomic equivalent of sex”, “heaven comes in second place and it’s not really close” and calls The Inn at Little Washington “arguably the best dining in the country”. Please visit our awards section if you would like to read more about our recognitions.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Richmond On TV !
Posted by: Lurker.. ()
Date: April 22, 2008 06:12PM

Oops!

Sorry to leave you hanging. Here's the awards link for the Little Inn at Washington.

http://www.theinnatlittlewashington.com/recognition.asp

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Richmond On TV !
Posted by: RichmondTV ()
Date: April 22, 2008 07:13PM

Lurker.. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Meade you are completely wrong. Competing
> Richmond restaurants against Northern Va and DC
> area restaurants would be like racing a bicycle
> against a Corvette; Fun to watch for the first
> five feet.
>
> Take your pick:
> http://www.toprestaurants.com/dc/Wash.htm
>
> Plus:
> With in 30 minutes of Washington you'll find some
> of the best 5 star restaurants in the World. Like
> the Little Inn at Washington:(Bring your Visa card
> and expect a minimum of $100 each)
>
> Craig Claiborne of The New York Times called it
> “the most magnificent inn I’ve ever seen, in this
> country or Europe, where I had the most fantastic
> meal of my life”. Patrick’s approach to cooking,
> while paying homage to the lawmakers of Classical
> French Cuisine, reflects a belief in “the cuisine
> of today”, healthy, eclectic, imaginative,
> unrestricted by ethnic boundaries and always
> growing. The restaurant has been continually rated
> number one in all categories of Zagat’s Washington
> DC restaurant survey for the past 14 years. The
> popular reader’s survey raves that it is: “the
> gastronomic equivalent of sex”, “heaven comes in
> second place and it’s not really close” and calls
> The Inn at Little Washington “arguably the best
> dining in the country”. Please visit our awards
> section if you would like to read more about our
> recognitions.

Yes, but do they even serve sweet tea?


I rest my case...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Richmond On TV !
Posted by: RichmondTV ()
Date: April 22, 2008 07:14PM

The Inn at Little Washington DOES NOT COUNT

Its not NOVA

NOVA is Eastern Loudoun , Prince William , and Fairfax County. Possibly Stafford, and thats all.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Richmond On TV !
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: April 22, 2008 07:59PM

RichmondTV Wrote:
>> The Inn at Little Washington DOES NOT COUNT


Well, Maestro at the Ritz-Carlton in Tysons Corner is about as swank as any restaurant can get. It won AAA's vaunted 5-diamond award. There's only like 100 places in the US that get rated that high- none of them in Richmond.

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/TysonsCorner/Dining/Maestro/Default.htm


Meade- you gotta understand: the level of wealth and diversity here in NoVA/DC exceeds that of almost the entire US, and most certainly Richmond. And our population is far greater. Those three factors create a giant market for high quality restaurants of all kinds.

I'm sure Richmond has a few dozen notable establishments. The DC area has hundreds.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Richmond On TV !
Posted by: RichmondTV ()
Date: April 22, 2008 11:44PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> RichmondTV Wrote:
> >> The Inn at Little Washington DOES NOT COUNT
>
>
> Well, Maestro at the Ritz-Carlton in Tysons Corner
> is about as swank as any restaurant can get. It
> won AAA's vaunted 5-diamond award. There's only
> like 100 places in the US that get rated that
> high- none of them in Richmond.
>
> http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/TysonsCor
> ner/Dining/Maestro/Default.htm
>
>
> Meade- you gotta understand: the level of wealth
> and diversity here in NoVA/DC exceeds that of
> almost the entire US, and most certainly Richmond.
> And our population is far greater. Those three
> factors create a giant market for high quality
> restaurants of all kinds.
>
> I'm sure Richmond has a few dozen notable
> establishments. The DC area has hundreds.

Washington DC is not Northern Virginia. Its a city across the river in another state.

I'm talking about Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William. Its mostly just chain restaurants and strip malls.

And Richmond has plenty of money- OLD MONEY. NOVA is new money.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Richmond On TV !
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: April 23, 2008 06:16AM

RichmondTV Wrote:
>> Washington DC is not Northern Virginia.

NoVA = DC area. The two are inextricably linked. Most of us would not live in NoVA if it were not for DC. Many of us do not care about what goes on in the "rest of VA". We reside here because of DC, and it is impossible to exclude the District in any conversation about NoVA culture.


>>>Richmond has plenty of money- OLD MONEY. NOVA is new money

LOL, as if there's anything wrong with people going out and getting educated so that that they can earn their own money.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Richmond On TV !
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: April 23, 2008 08:42AM

RichmondTV Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Washington DC is not Northern Virginia. Its a city
> across the river in another state.

Once again Meade, let's go over our geography. DC is NOT A STATE. DC is NOT IN A STATE.


> And Richmond has plenty of money- OLD MONEY. NOVA
> is new money.

In other words, in Richmond you can sit at home while someone else pays for your roof (old money) and anywhere else like NoVA you would have to actually support yourself and make your own money (new money).
Attachments:
kitten.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Richmond On TV !
Posted by: Jester ()
Date: April 23, 2008 10:45AM

RichmondTV Wrote:

> Washington DC is not Northern Virginia.

You're kidding me?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Richmond On TV !
Posted by: RichmondTV ()
Date: April 23, 2008 03:13PM

Jester Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> RichmondTV Wrote:
>
> > Washington DC is not Northern Virginia.
>
> You're kidding me?

No, I'm not. Have you studied something called Geography? Washington DC is across the river in Maryland. Fairfax is Fairfax, VA. Not Fairfax, DC. Not Fairfax, Maryland

Its in another state. Just because its close to DC doesnt make it Washington, DC

Thats like saying Conneticut is New York City because its near there.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Richmond On TV !
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: April 23, 2008 03:18PM

Meade Wrote:
>> Washington DC is across the river in Maryland.


Believe whatever you want, but I'm sure there are a few geographers somewhere scratching their heads over that comment.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2008 03:19PM by TheMeeper.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Richmond On TV !
Posted by: Richmond On TV!!!! ()
Date: April 23, 2008 04:37PM

Redneck

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Richmond On TV !
Posted by: Lurker.. ()
Date: April 23, 2008 05:03PM

Meade Wrote:
>> Washington DC is across the river in Maryland.

If Washington was in MD then it would be Washington, MD; Not Washingtion, DC(District of Colombia).

Actually the District of Colombia was once a perfect diamond that extended into Northern Va. The DC boundary stones still exist in parts of Fairfax County today - http://www.boundarystones.org/

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Richmond On TV !
Posted by: RichmondTV ()
Date: April 23, 2008 06:58PM

Lurker.. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Meade Wrote:
> >> Washington DC is across the river in Maryland.
>
>
> If Washington was in MD then it would be
> Washington, MD; Not Washingtion, DC(District of
> Colombia).
>
> Actually the District of Colombia was once a
> perfect diamond that extended into Northern Va.
> The DC boundary stones still exist in parts of
> Fairfax County today -
> http://www.boundarystones.org/

I am talking about the actual CITY OF WASHINGTON.

Now, yes you could call NOVA the DC area. But NOVA really only includes 3 main counties- Loudoun (more the Eastern Part), Fairfax, and Prince William.

Fauquier county , Clarke, etc that is not Northern Virginia- not the political NOVA, anyway.

So the Inn at Little Washington is not part of "NOVA"

Part of Arlington might have used to be part of the city of Washington, but it hasnt been for over 200 years!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Richmond On TV !
Posted by: lol ()
Date: April 24, 2008 09:47AM

so arlington county is not part of Northern Virginia? gosh, that will surprise a few people

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Richmond On TV !
Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: April 24, 2008 11:16AM

i remember going to a little asian noodle shop in richmond. they served kimchi bowls.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Richmond On TV !
Posted by: RichmondTV ()
Date: April 24, 2008 02:53PM

lol Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> so arlington county is not part of Northern
> Virginia? gosh, that will surprise a few people


yes, Arlington/Alexandria are part of NOVA but they are seperate cities not part of the counties. We are a Commonwealth, after all.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Richmond On TV !
Posted by: dummy ()
Date: April 24, 2008 03:58PM

Alexandria is an independent City under affiliation with Fairfax County. For example, Fairfax County cops have a beat in parts of Alexandria.

ARLINGTON IS A COUNTY, NOT A CITY. HERE, READ TITLE OF PAGE

http://www.arlingtonva.us/

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Richmond On TV !
Posted by: Jester ()
Date: April 24, 2008 04:02PM

What do you expect from a person who is excited that Richmond might be on a TV.

tracker.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Richmond On TV !
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: April 24, 2008 04:28PM

Jester Wrote:
>> What do you expect from a person who is excited that Richmond might be on a TV.


lol

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 ********  **     **  **    **   *******         ** 
 **        **     **  **   **   **     **        ** 
 **        **     **  **  **           **        ** 
 ******    **     **  *****      *******         ** 
 **        **     **  **  **           **  **    ** 
 **        **     **  **   **   **     **  **    ** 
 ********   *******   **    **   *******    ******  
This forum powered by Phorum.