HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Date: October 19, 2011 09:34AM

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/66258.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: October 19, 2011 10:10AM

This is relevant how? The guy left there in 1995...

And this passes for quality journalism.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: sleepy ()
Date: October 19, 2011 10:26AM

So, in conclusion, the media will examine the taste of Godfather's pizza despite the fact that Herman Cain left there 15 years ago. They will ignore all aspects of Obama's life 15 years prior to his run for the Presidency.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: retarded^10 ()
Date: October 19, 2011 10:26AM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is relevant how? The guy left there in
> 1995...
>
> And this passes for quality journalism.


So Herman Cain touts himself as some kind of master pizzamaker but it's irrelevant that his pizza can't stand up to a taste test?

Which is it? It's called hipocrisy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Date: October 19, 2011 10:29AM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is relevant how? The guy left there in
> 1995...
>
> And this passes for quality journalism.


The fact that Cain took the #2 pizza chain in the country and drove it into the ground is relevant, especially since he is touting his "executive experience." There's a reason he hasn't been allowed to run anything since 1995.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: Southeast Jerome ()
Date: October 19, 2011 10:32AM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Registered Voter Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > This is relevant how? The guy left there in
> > 1995...
> >
> > And this passes for quality journalism.
>
>
> The fact that Cain took the #2 pizza chain in the
> country and drove it into the ground is relevant,
> especially since he is touting his "executive
> experience." There's a reason he hasn't been
> allowed to run anything since 1995.

He hasn't been allowed to run anything for 15 years because of the color of his skin and NOT because of the content of his character.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: 4 more years ()
Date: October 19, 2011 10:58AM

Southeast Jerome Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He hasn't been allowed to run anything for 15
> years because of the color of his skin and NOT
> because of the content of his character.

I don't believe his character has been questioned in this thread.

Just his "executive abilities", apparently none of which he has.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: October 19, 2011 10:58AM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Registered Voter Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > This is relevant how? The guy left there in
> > 1995...
> >
> > And this passes for quality journalism.
>
>
> The fact that Cain took the #2 pizza chain in the
> country and drove it into the ground is relevant,
> especially since he is touting his "executive
> experience." There's a reason he hasn't been
> allowed to run anything since 1995.

Post facts, or seriously STFU WTL. You really need to stop letting your "Idiot" side take the lead in conversations.

The fact is, he hasn't been there since 1995, so if there is an issue with taste, really what relevance does it have to when he was there? Pretty much ZERO. Please show us how he "drove it into the ground" while he was there.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Date: October 19, 2011 11:08AM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Post facts, or seriously STFU WTL. You really need
> to stop letting your "Idiot" side take the lead in
> conversations.
>

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/11_26/b4234036592835.htm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: Les ()
Date: October 19, 2011 11:14AM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: Pizzaman ()
Date: October 19, 2011 11:15AM

Registered Voter Wrote:

> The fact is, he hasn't been there since 1995, so
> if there is an issue with taste, really what
> relevance does it have to when he was there?
> Pretty much ZERO. Please show us how he "drove it
> into the ground" while he was there.

This is the same conversation we're having about the current White House administration. The guy before the current guy spent 8 years "driving it into the ground". To think that ANYONE could clean that mess up in one term is simply unreasonable thinking. And it's a bi-partisan problem. When you have 2 parties that both think they are doing "what's best" for the country but, they each go about it their own way with their own priorities then when there's a change, things can't be undone as quickly as people think they can. No matter how much time we put behind us, we never seem to understand this as a society.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Date: October 19, 2011 11:22AM

Les Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Complete Godfather's Pizza Sales Figures for
> Herman Cain years
>
> http://jayraskin.wordpress.com/2011/06/09/complete
> -godfathers-pizza-sales-figure-from-the-herman-cai
> n-years/


Overall sales figures fell in half during his tenure. Even in the best case scenario, one could say he slashed the chain and then held it in a holding pattern while other upstart chains flourished. Not exactly an earth-shaking accomplishment.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: sumguy ()
Date: October 19, 2011 11:28AM

I believe the problem here is the narrow scope that we are using to examine the evidence. If you look at the pizza business as a whole you will see a decline in sales in sit down pizza joint an a increase in the delivery pizza business.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: Sumguy = clueless ()
Date: October 19, 2011 11:52AM

sumguy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I believe the problem here is the narrow scope
> that we are using to examine the evidence. If you
> look at the pizza business as a whole you will see
> a decline in sales in sit down pizza joint an a
> increase in the delivery pizza business.


The majority of Godfathers locations arent sitdown eateries. Yes, dine-in was part of Cain's failed business plan, but most were carry out places or stand-alone kiosks in service plazas or convenience stores.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: retarded^11 ()
Date: October 19, 2011 12:07PM

retarded^10 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> So Herman Cain touts himself as some kind of
> master pizzamaker but it's irrelevant that his
> pizza can't stand up to a taste test?
>
> Which is it? It's called hipocrisy.


JOKE POST.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: Y'ALL ARE RACISTS ()
Date: October 19, 2011 12:37PM

Most of the people who don't like Cain are racists.

Caine doesn't fit into the little picture these racist liberals have in their narrow brains. The fact that a black man created a successful business and isn't on welfare, getting his 14 year old niece pregnant and shooting drugs into his veins goes against the status quo. Caine upsets the system upon which liberalism is built.

What happens when the black man doesn't need the white man to throw him 5 bucks and pat him on the head? What happens to white liberals when their condescending arrogance is no longer appreciated. Without needy ignorant black men, the liberal loses.

So, liberal racists will attack Caine with a vengeance. Their survival depends on destroying all the Caine's out there.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: snowdenscold ()
Date: October 19, 2011 12:50PM

Les Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Complete Godfather's Pizza Sales Figures for
> Herman Cain years
>
> http://jayraskin.wordpress.com/2011/06/09/complete
> -godfathers-pizza-sales-figure-from-the-herman-cai
> n-years/


Too bad 'bamacharm' pretty much rips the guys arguments apart in the comments section. I guess that's what happens when Philosophy PhD's act like have MBA's.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: October 19, 2011 12:58PM

Les Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Complete Godfather's Pizza Sales Figures for
> Herman Cain years
>
> http://jayraskin.wordpress.com/2011/06/09/complete
> -godfathers-pizza-sales-figure-from-the-herman-cai
> n-years/

Nothing that you or WTL posted shows that he "drove it into the ground" so... looks like a lot of WAAA over nothing but trying to make some mud stick.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: sumguy ()
Date: October 19, 2011 12:59PM

Sumguy = clueless/ Do a little research on the Dominios Chain and see what years they started to grow. You will see that Domino's was started in 1960 and right about 1983-85 they started to expand their deliver service. Which Knocked alot of pizza joints out of business or cut into their profits. Look a LittlE Cesars Pizza it was big in this area until about the mid to late 80's. Domino's with its cheap deliver pizza dominated the pizza market. Pizza Hut has also suffered I guess Cain ran them to.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: October 19, 2011 01:00PM

Pizzaman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Registered Voter Wrote:
>
> > The fact is, he hasn't been there since 1995,
> so
> > if there is an issue with taste, really what
> > relevance does it have to when he was there?
> > Pretty much ZERO. Please show us how he "drove
> it
> > into the ground" while he was there.
>
> This is the same conversation we're having about
> the current White House administration. The guy
> before the current guy spent 8 years "driving it
> into the ground". To think that ANYONE could clean
> that mess up in one term is simply unreasonable
> thinking. And it's a bi-partisan problem. When you
> have 2 parties that both think they are doing
> "what's best" for the country but, they each go
> about it their own way with their own priorities
> then when there's a change, things can't be undone
> as quickly as people think they can. No matter how
> much time we put behind us, we never seem to
> understand this as a society.

Apples and Oranges. Nothing during Cain's time at God Father's is even remotely close in magnitude, or end results as to what has gone on under the Democrats. What a piss poor attempt at a comparison that was.

As far as the two parties go - to some extent that is true, but the main thing at this point for Republicans is to NOT allow religious groups to dominate their policy making sessions. They should push hard for policy issues that affect us in secular ways, and not just things about DOMA, DADT, etc.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: do your research ()
Date: October 19, 2011 01:03PM

sumguy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
"Pizza Hut has also suffered I guess Cain ran them to."

Ask Registered Voter, he eats at the Pizza Hut buffet 6 or 7 times a week.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: October 19, 2011 01:05PM

do your research Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> sumguy Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> "Pizza Hut has also suffered I guess Cain ran them
> to."
>
> Ask Registered Voter, he eats at the Pizza Hut
> buffet 6 or 7 times a week.

Really? They still have a buffet? You obviously know more about it then I do.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: Mong0Lloyd ()
Date: October 19, 2011 01:07PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Registered Voter Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > This is relevant how? The guy left there in
> > 1995...
> >
> > And this passes for quality journalism.
>
>
> The fact that Cain took the #2 pizza chain in the
> country and drove it into the ground is relevant,
> especially since he is touting his "executive
> experience." There's a reason he hasn't been
> allowed to run anything since 1995.


Running a chain into the ground (or any business, ESPECIALLY if employees have any benefits) is also known as, "Unlocking Value." An immoral and legally criminal strategy popular among equity strippers, certain investors, and capitalists in general.

The fact that Cain drove a large chain into the ground is a big reason why he got kicked upstairs to run the Kansas City Federal Reserve. Affirmative Action happens, even in the rarefied air of CEO's. Among the Power Elites, it is common to be handsomely rewarded for destroying the lives of millions and stealing billions.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: Coffee Dude ()
Date: October 19, 2011 01:07PM

It's stunning to me that when Starbucks infiltrated NOVA, it was embraced for it's deliciousness. The fact that they were charging nearly $5 for a cup of coffee seemed like a made to order business plan for an area with such disposable wealth. Addictiveness was also an asset, no doubt. Of course, when the economy slid, the coffee market opened up on the bottom and even Starbucks had to respond with their Pike Place Roast and other entry level products.

And yet, the same set of circumstances did not apply to pizza. The taste quotient didn't matter enough to keep the national pizza chains from being successful. It was more important to see which chain could get to that $9.99 any size, any toppings price model as quickly as possible.

And yet, if you ask anyone on the street to name their favorite TASTING pizzeria regardless of price...they will name a locally owned pizzeria.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: October 19, 2011 02:33PM

I guess if how well you run your business is the criteria for success, between this guy and the guy he works for, they are utter failures. Good thing Gore didn't get elected...

Keith Olbermann: Paid $10 Million to Lose Viewers
http://www.bnet.com/blog/sports-entertainment/keith-olbermann-paid-10-million-to-lose-viewers/1680
Keith Olbermann is not in the witness protection program, but he might as well be. His show on Al Gore’s Current TV (America’s least watched network) has lost nearly a third of its viewers in four months.

Pretty impressive result for $10 million a year. That’s just his salary.

...

However, some people are getting good jobs at good wages. In addition to recently hiring Bohrmann, former head of CNN’s Washington bureau, it has also picked up Shelley Lewis as executive vice president of programming. Lewis’ previous experience includes co-creating the Air America Radio network. Well, that certainly turned out well. The network’s other new employees include former MSNBC host Cenk Uygur and former Michigan governor Jennifer Granholm.

Where Current gets the money to pay these people or even stay in business is anybody’s guess. Maybe they’ve found marketers who want to go after a very, very, very, very, select group of people.


If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Date: October 19, 2011 02:48PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Nothing that you or WTL posted shows that he
> "drove it into the ground" so... looks like a lot
> of WAAA over nothing but trying to make some mud
> stick.


He sat on his ass and did nothing while Domino's and Pizza Hut grew and Papa John's and CiCi's Pizza came out of nowhere and took Godfather's place. The job of a CEO is to grow a company. In fact, he predicted Godfather's would double the number of restaurants under his tenure. None of that happened while he was there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: October 19, 2011 02:56PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He sat on his ass and did nothing while Domino's
> and Pizza Hut grew and Papa John's and CiCi's
> Pizza came out of nowhere and took Godfather's
> place. The job of a CEO is to grow a company. In
> fact, he predicted Godfather's would double the
> number of restaurants under his tenure. None of
> that happened while he was there.

And STILL, he didn't drive it into the ground.

Your statement is still a lie.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: 4LulzCat ()
Date: October 19, 2011 02:58PM

the Dessert pizza is delish!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Date: October 19, 2011 02:59PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > He sat on his ass and did nothing while
> Domino's
> > and Pizza Hut grew and Papa John's and CiCi's
> > Pizza came out of nowhere and took Godfather's
> > place. The job of a CEO is to grow a company.
> In
> > fact, he predicted Godfather's would double the
> > number of restaurants under his tenure. None of
> > that happened while he was there.
>
> And STILL, he didn't drive it into the ground.
>
> Your statement is still a lie.


Taking it from 2nd place to 10th place sounds like "driving it into the ground" to me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: 4LulzCat ()
Date: October 19, 2011 02:59PM

All I know is that the Godfathers pizza franchise near where I live is out of business and the only place you can get "Godfathers pizza" is from a small outlet inside a quick stop attached to a gas station. thats a working business model!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Date: October 19, 2011 03:04PM

4LulzCat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All I know is that the Godfathers pizza franchise
> near where I live is out of business and the only
> place you can get "Godfathers pizza" is from a
> small outlet inside a quick stop attached to a gas
> station. thats a working business model!

And I bet that pizza is fresh made...three weeks in advance in Omaha before flash frozen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: Takers ()
Date: October 19, 2011 03:09PM

Most of the racists here who are attacking Cain have never run or even attempted to start a business. Most of them are like their incompetent president. They are either government slaves or union slaves or they sit around sucking up welfare.

They live off the teat of the taxpayer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: October 19, 2011 03:18PM

Here you go - an article from Omaha, where the franchise originated with Pillsbury.

This looks like a balanced piece that talks to pluses and minuses of his contributions. It makes sense now looking back that Godfathers started under the same company that ran Bennigans and Steak and Ale - two of my favorite restaurants but gone the way of the dinosaur.

Cain: The Godfather's years
http://www.omaha.com/article/20111011/NEWS01/710119907

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: October 19, 2011 03:20PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I bet that pizza is fresh made...three weeks
> in advance in Omaha before flash frozen.


I saw a story on this, and the pizzas were being made "fresh". The kiosks are basically like those Subways you see inside a gas station, with a counter and maybe 1 or 2 people working there. I think the dough is frozen but gets thawed in a microwave. Then they put they cheese, sauce, and other Cain goodies on top and run it through a conveyor belt oven (like they use at Quizno's). It sorta looked like the crappy pizza they sell at 7-11. I can't imagine who's eating there and I'm not surprised they don't have them in NoVA.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Date: October 19, 2011 03:25PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here you go - an article from Omaha, where the
> franchise originated with Pillsbury.
>
> This looks like a balanced piece that talks to
> pluses and minuses of his contributions. It makes
> sense now looking back that Godfathers started
> under the same company that ran Bennigans and
> Steak and Ale - two of my favorite restaurants but
> gone the way of the dinosaur.
>
> Cain: The Godfather's years
> http://www.omaha.com/article/20111011/NEWS01/71011
> 9907


Because the Omaha newspaper is going to bash a local advertiser.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: October 19, 2011 03:26PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Because the Omaha newspaper is going to bash a
> local advertiser.

No, because the Omaha paper is a lot closer to the long term issues there than any of the national chains which seem to have forgotten what investigative journalism means anymore.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: October 19, 2011 03:27PM

CiCi's Pizza likes Cain's 999 plan.
Attachments:
cici.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: NY Sam ()
Date: October 19, 2011 03:30PM

Large pizza chains just suck. My fav place in on Beauregard St off 236 Valentino's. Great pizza but stick to just cheese topping.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: it happened ()
Date: October 19, 2011 03:39PM

I pity anyone who has to live in Omaha. What a total backwater city. The only thing fun to do was hit a nearby riverboat casino and see people in bib overalls at the craps tables. I shit you not

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Date: October 19, 2011 03:41PM

Shadow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> CiCi's Pizza likes Cain's 999 plan.


It would not shock me if Cain was sitting around with his advisers and said, "We need something we can sell to the American public, like a $9.99 pizza!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: Coffee Dude ()
Date: October 19, 2011 03:57PM

NY Sam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Large pizza chains just suck. My fav place in on
> Beauregard St off 236 Valentino's. Great pizza
> but stick to just cheese topping.

Exactly my point, Valentino's has great pizza but, have you checked those prices? Including just a cheese pizza? They do ok but, the chains KILL them!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: where's the beef? ()
Date: October 19, 2011 04:26PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The fact that Cain took the #2 pizza chain in the
> country and drove it into the ground is relevant

Where in the links you provided does it say Godfather's was the #2 pizza chain when Cain took over?

The Politico piece doesn't, noting rather that it was a "struggling pizza chain" when Cain took over. Also, the Politico article is primarily a hit job, associating Cain's name with the poor results of a taste test of current Godfather's pies, which Cain has nothing to do with.

According to the BusinessWeek article, "Today, Godfather's Pizza is the nation's 10th-largest pizza chain by sales." The article doesn't mention where it stood when Cain took over, or when he left.

You often cite Politifact.com in support of your views, and you say it's non-partisan.

Politifact did an analysis of Cain's claim that "When I became president and CEO of Godfather’s Pizza, it was supposed to go bankrupt . . . We turned it around with common-sense business principles."

Politifact concludes that their "examination of Godfather’s, based on interviews with industry analysts and company officials, shows Cain is largely correct."

"Our ruling

A thorough review of business records and interviews with executives who worked with Cain show that the chain was widely considered troubled when he arrived. It's a slight exaggeration to say it was supposed to go bankrupt. But from all accounts, Cain's performance as CEO is widely considered a success. So we rate this statement Mostly True."
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2011/jun/10/herman-cain/herman-cain-godfathers-pizza-turn-around/


Did Cain run Godfather's "into the ground"?

Nope. On the contrary, a non-partisan analysis of Cain's performance concludes it was a success.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: SoylentGreen ()
Date: October 19, 2011 04:53PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Les Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Complete Godfather's Pizza Sales Figures for
> > Herman Cain years
> >
> >
> http://jayraskin.wordpress.com/2011/06/09/complete
>
> >
> -godfathers-pizza-sales-figure-from-the-herman-cai
>
> > n-years/
>
> Nothing that you or WTL posted shows that he
> "drove it into the ground" so... looks like a lot
> of WAAA over nothing but trying to make some mud
> stick.


It is very shocking how a group of people on a message board can go from "bring them all..who's next..four more years" to (if they'd step back and look at the big picture)what looks like complete all out fear that their guy wont win.

And we're still over a year from the election.

If only they could point to something in his record.....anything in his record, worthy of keeping him around another four years.

You'd think the man is either related to all liberals or he's got pictures of them all doin the family pet.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: 4LulzCat ()
Date: October 19, 2011 05:50PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Shadow Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > CiCi's Pizza likes Cain's 999 plan.
>
>
> It would not shock me if Cain was sitting around
> with his advisers and said, "We need something we
> can sell to the American public, like a $9.99
> pizza!"


hahahahah ZING!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: He's Delusional ()
Date: October 19, 2011 07:45PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> It would not shock me if Cain was sitting around
> with his advisers and said, "We need something we
> can sell to the American public, like a $9.99
> pizza!"

Ha! So funny. But, you know what humors me even more? Obama's $447 billion dollar "Jobs" plan. Now, that is the joke of the decade.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Date: October 19, 2011 07:53PM

where's the beef? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Where in the links you provided does it say
> Godfather's was the #2 pizza chain when Cain took
> over?
>

For clarification, it had been the #2 chain in the early 80s, but was in 5th place when Cain took over...before he drove it down to 11th place (apparently it came back a bit after he left to 10th place).

http://www.yankeesdaily.com/post/32751

Also, most news outlets have not found other Godfather's executives from that time willing to say the chain was on the verge of bankruptcy. Obviously it had its issues, but given that his plan was to take it from 500 stores to 1,200 in four years...and it didn't grow worth shit in 15...makes him a failure as CEO, IMO.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2011 07:55PM by WashingTone-Locian.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: 4 more years ()
Date: October 19, 2011 08:26PM

SoylentGreen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is very shocking how a group of people on a
> message board can go from...

You are projecting.

Responding to supporters of The Imploding Party's amazingly bad (current! Lol!) lineup is simply responding, not fearing.

I have said since Day One (whenever that was!) that Obama is going to win by a landslide of supreme proportion. Given his non-competition (so far!) that belief is stronger than ever.

Note - Obama hasn't even begun to run yet - wait til the Me-Too Media actually starts watching him rather than The Circus - you'll see what The People wil do then.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: He's Delusional ()
Date: October 19, 2011 08:32PM

4 more years Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Note - Obama hasn't even begun to run yet - wait
> til the Me-Too Media actually starts watching him
> rather than The Circus - you'll see what The
> People wil do then.

I thought his bus tours were him campaigning on the tax payer's dollars. Was I misinformed of this information?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: Canuck ()
Date: October 19, 2011 08:34PM

You mean on the bus which was made in Canada while he touts American jobs

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: I I I ()
Date: October 19, 2011 08:53PM

If you honestly think anyone doubts Obama can beat these clowns...you're delusional. Romney and Paul are the only semi-normal ones people can deal with (Other than Republicans). Cain is as I forgot who stated, a black redneck, i.e. unimformed, hard-headed, unchanging, etc. Bachmann is a complete joke; she has nothing to offer, all she does is trash Obama, or say something to make herself look stupid. Perry is an idiot, and there is no way he could be elected President (just being from Texas, governor, stupid) will turn way too many people off. Santorum is irrelevant, same with Huntsman. Republican base will not flock to either Paul nor Romney (Paul probably won't even get nomination), and Obama wins. Unless Obama goes off and starts saying stuff like "fuck white people," or starts acting like Flavor Flav, he's not losing (if he acted like Flav, I think he could possibly benefit from it). And these shitty arguments from Soylent, Wingnut and the gang have only reaffirmed my belief Obama will win.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: He's Delusional ()
Date: October 19, 2011 08:59PM

Canuck Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You mean on the bus which was made in Canada while
> he touts American jobs

Yeah, that one ... along with the 40-car caravan that accompanies it, too.


Attachments:
boxs7.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: where's the beef ()
Date: October 19, 2011 09:35PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > where's the beef? Wrote:
> > --------------------------------------------------
> > Where in the links you provided does it say
> > Godfather's was the #2 pizza chain when Cain took
> > over?
>
> For clarification,

For clarification?

You said it was a fact.

You were wrong.

To clarify, then, what you offer here is not a "clarification," but a correction of your earlier error.


> it had been the #2 chain in the early 80s,

Source?


> but was in 5th place when Cain took over...

It was in 5th place according to a hyper-partisan blog post on a Yankees blog, of all things.

Moreover, there is no citation or source to substantiate the 5th place claim in that post,
or the equally partisan post Les cited earlier, which the Yankees blogger evidently
copied much of his material from.

That Godfather's was in 5th place when Cain took over is not an established fact, then,
but at best a hopeful assertion, akin to asserting the existence of the Great Pumpkin.


> before he drove it down to 11th place
> (apparently it came back a bit after he left to
> 10th place).
>
> http://www.yankeesdaily.com/post/32751

Again, there is no source given for the 11th place assertion in the linked material.

Again, we are in the realm of the Great Pumpkin, rather than journalistic fact.


> Also, most news outlets have not found other
> Godfather's executives from that time willing to
> say the chain was on the verge of bankruptcy.

This tracks with Politifact's conclusion that it was a "slight exaggeration" for Cain to say
Godfather's would go bankrupt, but that his statement was nonetheless "Mostly True."


> Obviously it had its issues, but given that his
> plan was to take it from 500 stores to 1,200 in
> four years...and it didn't grow worth shit in
> 15...makes him a failure as CEO, IMO.

Your last word, "IMO," is key here.

Fine. You are entitled to your opinion.

But I find it very curious that you have repeatedly cited to Politifact in the past, and have
acknowledged that they are non-partisan.

Indeed, the organization won a Pulitzer Prize.

Yet now, when Politifact reaches a conclusion that rubs you the wrong way - to wit:
Cain's performance as CEO was a success - you ignore it, and instead hastily embrace
the unsubstantiated claims of a blogger of dubious journalistic credentials.

You are, or course, entitled to cling to this opinion, while sitting in your little corner
of the pumpkin patch.

But please don't be surprised when the rest of us - those of us who live in the reality-based
community - roll our eyes when we see you maintaining your lonely vigil.

Happy Halloween.

.
Attachments:
WTL=Linus.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: pizza joe ()
Date: October 19, 2011 10:24PM

I heard the best way to reheat a slice of pizza is to put it in a warm skillet for ten minutes. A microwave ruins it and cold is ok after a hangover.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: curious ()
Date: October 20, 2011 02:02AM

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
"Apples and Oranges. Nothing during Cain's time at God Father's is even remotely close in magnitude, or end results as to what has gone on under the Democrats. What a piss poor attempt at a comparison that was."


And yet, there's really nothing to compare with. . .

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: sumguy ()
Date: October 20, 2011 08:03AM

I wonder what the dicusion would be if it were Obama that ran Godfathers Pizza?
I think it would look alittle like this. Godfathers pizza would have gone out of business much faster if Obama wasn't made CEO.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Date: October 20, 2011 09:46AM

sumguy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wonder what the dicusion would be if it were
> Obama that ran Godfathers Pizza?
> I think it would look alittle like this.
> Godfathers pizza would have gone out of business
> much faster if Obama wasn't made CEO.


Actually, the comparison would be, "Yeah, he probably wasn't the best CEO in the world."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: RV is right ()
Date: October 20, 2011 09:53AM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Actually, the comparison would be, "Yeah, he
> probably wasn't the best CEO in the world."

well at least he was elected to be CEO, something Obama never was even hired to do

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Date: October 20, 2011 11:17AM

RV is right Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Actually, the comparison would be, "Yeah, he
> > probably wasn't the best CEO in the world."
>
> well at least he was elected to be CEO, something
> Obama never was even hired to do


"Elected" CEO?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: October 20, 2011 11:26AM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> RV is right Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Actually, the comparison would be, "Yeah, he
> > > probably wasn't the best CEO in the world."
> >
> > well at least he was elected to be CEO,
> something
> > Obama never was even hired to do
>
>
> "Elected" CEO?

I don't know Didley about God Fathers Pizza but I assume they have a Board of Directors?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Date: October 20, 2011 11:32AM

mcsmack Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> >
> > "Elected" CEO?
>
> I don't know Didley about God Fathers Pizza but I
> assume they have a Board of Directors?


It's usually "Appointed," but, whatever.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: October 20, 2011 11:39AM

curious Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Posted by: Registered Voter ()
> "Apples and Oranges. Nothing during Cain's time at
> God Father's is even remotely close in magnitude,
> or end results as to what has gone on under the
> Democrats. What a piss poor attempt at a
> comparison that was."
>
>
> And yet, there's really nothing to compare with.
> . .

You're right, Obama has a horrible record as a President, and most of his life that wasn't summed up in a book (ghost written by William Ayers) has been blocked from public access. Amazing how a guy with, at best a shitty performance record in the Illinois Senate, the US Senate, and as President is even worth comparing.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: October 20, 2011 11:51AM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mcsmack Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > >
> > > "Elected" CEO?
> >
> > I don't know Didley about God Fathers Pizza but
> I
> > assume they have a Board of Directors?
>
>
> It's usually "Appointed," but, whatever.

Exactly. That is what I meant. For those who don't know, shareholders elect the board members usually with votes allocated to amount of shares owned. Then the board usually has the authority to appoint the CEO. Hope we're not being too nit picky here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Bad News for Cain - Godfather's Pizza SUCKS!
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: October 20, 2011 12:17PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> curious Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Posted by: Registered Voter ()
> > "Apples and Oranges. Nothing during Cain's time
> at
> > God Father's is even remotely close in
> magnitude,
> > or end results as to what has gone on under the
> > Democrats. What a piss poor attempt at a
> > comparison that was."
> >
> >
> > And yet, there's really nothing to
> compare with.
> > . .
>
> You're right, Obama has a horrible record as a
> President, and most of his life that wasn't summed
> up in a book (ghost written by William Ayers) has
> been blocked from public access. Amazing how a guy
> with, at best a shitty performance record in the
> Illinois Senate, the US Senate, and as President
> is even worth comparing.

Obama's greatest accomplishments are probably his academics which little is known.

Barack Obama has not released transcripts for his grades from Occidental College, Columbia University and Harvard Law. He has also not released his SAT and LSAT scores. No explanation has been offered for not releasing them. My guess is they were not that stellar but doesn't really matter other than he was maybe a bit of a disillusioned and lazy student. Who wasn't at some point in their studies?

Per the Wall Street Journal September 11, 2008, "Obama's Lost Years," Obama graduated from Columbia University (to which he transferred after his first two years at Occidental College in California), with a degree in Political Science without honors, so had a GPA less than a 3.3. His roomate Sohale Siddiqi indicated Obama itially felt alienated, felt "very lost," and used drugs to get high, which could have led to low grades initially.

I would venture to say this is a descriptor for 2/3rds of all college students.

The roomate indicates that he then turned serious and "stopped getting high." Obama transferred to Columbia because he was concerned with urban issues. Based on his overall undergraduate GPA of less than a 3.3, Mr. Obama's admission to Harvard Law School may reflect affirmative action statutes, low grades early, then higher grades later (purely speculation) and/or other factors.

At Harvard Law School, Obama graduated Magna Cum Laude, which, according to the Havard Law School website, is awarded to the top 10% of Harvard Law School students.

Also at Harvard Law School, Obama was accepted as one of 85-90 Editors of the Harvard Law Review, out of an estimated 1,000 students from the 2L and 3L classes that might have sought this honor. Obama was also elected President of the Law Review, which according to a Harvard Law spokesperson is not based at all on academics, but on other measures as would occure in any club.

You don't get elected President by being stupid. Liberals made that mistaken assumption about George W Bush and had their asses handed to them for the most part of eight years.(Spare me the Dick Cheney puppeteer crap it's just as mistaken)

Right now Obama is running rings around the Republicans with the 99% smoke screen and accomplices in the press instigating infighting among the Rep. Presidential candidates. Cain coming out threatening to "go on the attack", especially to someone in the mainstream press, shows that he may not be very smart. Unless he's talking about Obama, Cain is falling right into the enemies trap. If that is indeed the case look for his poll numbers to fall shortly after.

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
7HPPn
This forum powered by Phorum.