HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Conservatives are Scumbags
Posted by: gjrkcms ()
Date: August 11, 2011 08:39PM

rerrrrrrrw

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Conservatives are Scumbags
Posted by: Liberals Are Lazy ()
Date: August 12, 2011 06:58AM

Liberals ...

- Can't think for themselves, but allow the Government to do it for them.

- Wait for any and all handouts from the Government.

- Believe that social programs are the answer.

- Want the "wealth" to be "spread around" so they can be rich without having to work for it.

- Are totally waiting on free healthcare, even thought it will cost more than the current medical practices.

Did I forget any? I'm sure there are hundreds of items that should be on this list.

Posted by: ProVallone ()
Date: August 12, 2011 08:54AM

To me, BOTH teams are full of shit.
Lets face it, a politician will say anything to get elected.
When they get in office they bow to the whims of their biggest financial contributers, their friends, and anyone who can return their favors.
The conservitives seem extra silly though, always going on about morality and family values, until of course they get caught with their $5,000 hookers.
Believing in a politicain , liberal or conservitive , is like waiting for Jesus to save your life, or the Easter Bunny to deliver blue and red eggs.

Posted by: Pelosi ()
Date: August 13, 2011 12:13AM

But pelosi sure can

Posted by: Scum ()
Date: August 13, 2011 10:37AM

Republicans promise to balance the budget by increasing taxes on the middle class and working poor. Decreasing the social net programs that the middle class and working poor of this country rely upon to help them scrape by is noithing more then an increase in taxes on those people.

This case will be made during the elections, the American people will wake up to the empty promises of the Republicans and their Wall Street sponsors. We will not go back to 19th Century social and economic theories.

Posted by: in charge no ()
Date: August 13, 2011 10:39AM

gjrkcms Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> rerrrrrrrw

I dont see you complaining when my taxes cut you a welfare check

Posted by: Survivor ()
Date: August 13, 2011 10:42AM

in charge no Wrote:
> gjrkcms Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > rerrrrrrrw
>
>
> I dont see you complaining when my taxes cut you a
> welfare check

You could end welfare to the poor today and the rich will stil be stealing $1 for every $.05 the poor took to survive.

Date: August 13, 2011 10:50AM

So stop hating the rich and become one of them. Oh thats right easier to bitch about how they should just hand their money over to you than to put the effort into bettering yourself.

Posted by: Capitalism Rocks! ()
Date: August 13, 2011 10:57AM

Survivor Wrote:
>
> You could end welfare to the poor today and the
> rich will stil be stealing $1 for every $.05 the
> poor took to survive.

So, you're implying that all rich people have "stolen" their way to the top? The fact is, it's capitalism that keeps the money wheels turning in this country or any economy for that matter. Not every rich person had to steal to get where they are. Rich people are thinkers - they use their resources, and seek opportunities.

Then, that leaves us with the poor. They really don't have much motivation. They make a lot of bad choices in their lives and they rely on hand-outs to survive.

Date: August 13, 2011 11:04AM

My best friend runs a restaurant. The guy puts in 18 hour days and rarely takes a day off, you cant if it is your place. He is very generous to his employees. Most are long time workers.

I am sure his net worth is in the millions, the place does great business but only because he puts his heart into it.

Tell me how he is stealing from you or anyone?

Posted by: wnrsm ()
Date: August 13, 2011 12:32PM

ProVallone Wrote:
> To me, BOTH teams are full of shit.

I'm with Team Edward.

Posted by: Atom ()
Date: August 13, 2011 12:43PM

There is a big difference between the self-made and trust-fund-babies.

Most of our representatives were born with the silver spoon up their ass.

Posted by: I dont get it ()
Date: August 13, 2011 12:48PM

Atom Wrote:
> There is a big difference between the self-made
> and trust-fund-babies.
>
> Most of our representatives were born with the
> silver spoon up their ass.

And your point is? IMO its their money to do with what they want. The government should not be the great equalizer in life. Many of those trust funds were from generations ago. So you want to take that money and give it to who?

Date: August 13, 2011 12:56PM

Atom Wrote:
> There is a big difference between the self-made
> and trust-fund-babies.
>
> Most of our representatives were born with the
> silver spoon up their ass.

Maybe, some are living off of trust funds. However, I think that number is much smaller than you think. I don't put 100% of my following in the path of the Conservative party. There are some things (e.g. religion, abortion, etc.) that doesn't need to be linked. However, when it comes to running a tight ship - financially, we clearly can't have the Liberals at the helm. We need a conservative view in going forward with this country to minimize Government, focus on creating "true" (e.g. skilled jobs) and stop with the hand-outs that the Liberal party has been so hell-bent on creating more of.

If a person is down on their luck, sure - support them for a year. Then, at day 365, cut the umbilical cord and let them fend for themselves. If you separate someone from the teet of their Government "mommy", they'll learn real quick how to fend for themselves and be a productive citizen once again - instead of a person who's awaiting the next hand-out that the Liberals can, and will, dream of.

Date: August 13, 2011 01:06PM

Could you really believe your rhetoric?

Look at any society throughout history to validate civic programs.

You spend in a recession, you pay it off when times are good. Both are painful at the time but vital to diminish the amplitude of the cycle. Republican/conservative ideals only exist in vacuums and we live in a very real world.

If you've done well as a result of living in this country, and you want your next generation to profit from you/that, you should pay a fare share. A huge weight on this economy is that people and corporations are sitting on lots of cash instead of letting that cash multiply in the market.

Remember what happened to the French, maybe some future heir ends up with their head on a pike.

Posted by: wnrsm ()
Date: August 13, 2011 01:11PM

I think it is all bullshit and intend to vote against anybody seeking re-election. If someone is vacating office and endorses a replacement, that fucker isn't getting my vote either.

Posted by: I dont get it ()
Date: August 13, 2011 01:17PM

Atom, so who deserves the money in the trust funds? You and who else? And by what reasoning?

Posted by: conservatives are greedy ()
Date: August 13, 2011 02:46PM

Liberals Are Lazy Wrote:
> Liberals ...
>
> - Can't think for themselves, but allow the
> Government to do it for them.
>
> - Wait for any and all handouts from the
> Government.
>
> - Believe that social programs are the answer.
>
> - Want the "wealth" to be "spread around" so they
> can be rich without having to work for it.
>
> - Are totally waiting on free healthcare, even
> thought it will cost more than the current medical
> practices.
>
> Did I forget any? I'm sure there are hundreds of
> items that should be on this list.

Let's see:
-Republicans call government assistance "handouts," because most of them really never had to go through poverty or working for very little.

-Neo conservatives feel the need to isolates themselves politically from the rest of world and intervene in the affairs of other nations acting as the world police

-Are against the structure of international organizations such as the UN and WTO and favor a unilateral approach to foreign policy

-Are cheap which is why their leaders favored tax breaks for corporations outsourcing their labor to countries like China eliminating jobs in the US. Like that didn't turn around and bite us in the ass

-Feel the need to privatize any and all government funded programs and organizations. If they had their way we would have to pay to call 911 and the cop responding would charge us $20 to check the perimeter, $30 if you want a suspect, $45 for an arrest, and throw in another $15 and he'll take him down to lock up.

-Only look out for the interests of people who make over $300,000 a year because of tax breaks for rich people, but use religion, "morals," and "values," as a smoke screen to recruit potential voters.

-Call people who are unemployed lazy which is easy to do if you've just had things handed to you your whole life like a job waiting for you after graduating from a university your parents paid for. And they accuse people living on government assistance of getting handouts? When their politicians get free health care, a house which is paid for, and 3 months paid leave for vacation?

-did I FORGET to mention anything? Likewise I could go on all day but I can't because you see I am one of those "lazy unemployed people," who worked their ass off their whole life and graduated from a university which was financed by myself and from "handouts," such as the Pell and SEOG grant and now I can't find ANY job besides fast food or some minimum wage job while some "hard working," anti-"handout," Republican sits on their ass all day and rakes in hundreds of thousands of dollars from those "lazy liberals who want wealth to spread around so they don't have to work." So now I have to get back to pawning my TV set to pay off student loans. Thank god for republicans to look after the wealthiest portion of America it's an easy job but somebody has to do it

Posted by: TJeff ()
Date: August 13, 2011 03:34PM

I dont get it Wrote:
> Atom Wrote:
> -----
> > There is a big difference between the self-made
> > and trust-fund-babies.
> >
> > Most of our representatives were born with the
> > silver spoon up their ass.
>
>
> And your point is? IMO its their money to do with
> what they want. The government should not be the
> great equalizer in life. Many of those trust funds
> were from generations ago. So you want to take
> that money and give it to who?

Our founding fathers had a great concern on the power of inherited money. People of inheritance are nothing more then America's version of royalty.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/lexington/2010/10/estate_tax_and_founding_fathers

Date: August 13, 2011 05:05PM

conservatives are greedy Wrote:
>
> -did I FORGET to mention anything? Likewise I
> could go on all day but I can't because you see I
> am one of those "lazy unemployed people," who
> worked their ass off their whole life and
> graduated from a university which was financed by
> myself and from "handouts," such as the Pell and
> SEOG grant and now I can't find ANY job besides
> fast food or some minimum wage job while some
> "hard working," anti-"handout," Republican sits on
> their ass all day and rakes in hundreds of
> thousands of dollars from those "lazy liberals who
> want wealth to spread around so they don't have to
> work." So now I have to get back to pawning my TV
> set to pay off student loans. Thank god for
> republicans to look after the wealthiest portion
> of America it's an easy job but somebody has to do
> it

Then, you're either not trying hard enough to find work in your field - or, you're in a field that doesn't need your skills at this time. Maybe, it's time to start retooling or updating your skills - and, stop blaming the Conservatives for your "issues".

The unemployment rate in the metro area is much lower than the 9.2% national average.

Posted by: Keynes ()
Date: August 13, 2011 05:20PM

Capitalism Rocks! Wrote:
> conservatives are greedy Wrote:
> -----
> >
> > -did I FORGET to mention anything? Likewise I
> > could go on all day but I can't because you see
> I
> > am one of those "lazy unemployed people," who
> > worked their ass off their whole life and
> > graduated from a university which was financed
> by
> > myself and from "handouts," such as the Pell
> and
> > SEOG grant and now I can't find ANY job besides
> > fast food or some minimum wage job while some
> > "hard working," anti-"handout," Republican sits
> on
> > their ass all day and rakes in hundreds of
> > thousands of dollars from those "lazy liberals
> who
> > want wealth to spread around so they don't have
> to
> > work." So now I have to get back to pawning my
> TV
> > set to pay off student loans. Thank god for
> > republicans to look after the wealthiest
> portion
> > of America it's an easy job but somebody has to
> do
> > it
>
> Then, you're either not trying hard enough to find
> work in your field - or, you're in a field that
> doesn't need your skills at this time. Maybe,
> it's time to start retooling or updating your
> skills - and, stop blaming the Conservatives for
> your "issues".
>
> The unemployment rate in the metro area is much
> lower than the 9.2% national average.

Keynesian economics at work, eh? We'll see how the Metro DC area is doing after the government is forced to start slashing budgets.

Posted by: SoylentGreen ()
Date: August 13, 2011 06:14PM

Atom Wrote:
> If you've done well as a result of living in this
> country, and you want your next generation to
> profit from you/that, you should pay a fare share.
> A huge weight on this economy is that people and
> corporations are sitting on lots of cash instead
> of letting that cash multiply in the market.

Seriously?

So if I'd done well as the result of living in another country I wouldn't have to "pay a fare (sic) share"?

Personally I believe I already pay more than my share for the "privilege" of living in the country I was born in.

Not to mention what I have..I worked for. And I looked over my shoulder along the way and not once did I see the "country" giving me a hand.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2011 04:39AM by SoylentGreen.

Posted by: NOVAman ()
Date: August 14, 2011 12:12AM

Wow, with one word, another troll post has formed a "liberal" vs. "conservative" pissing contest. Politics are a fallacy anyway. BOTH PARTIES SUCK AND ARE CORPORATE PUPPETS, kids.

Posted by: Keith G ()
Date: August 14, 2011 06:18AM

Atom wrote:
"If you've done well as a result of living in this country, and you want your next generation to profit from you/that, you should pay a fare share. A huge weight on this economy is that people and corporations are sitting on lots of cash instead of letting that cash multiply in the market"

And just why should someone who is smarter and harder working pay more percentage wise, which as a matter of fact they already do. What about the 49% who pay no income taxes at all?

The reason people and corporations are sitting on cash is they have no idea where the country is headed with obama in charge. When Obama talks about punishing the rich, people get nervous and refuse to invest.
There must be a system of risk and reward. If I am to invest in something I want to believe I will see some return, not a President who calls me evil and selfish.

Posted by: SoylentGreen ()
Date: August 14, 2011 07:10AM

NOVAman Wrote:
BOTH PARTIES SUCK
> AND ARE CORPORATE PUPPETS, kids.

Welcome back, Rip Van Winkle.

Quick...name a politician in all of the worlds history that isn't this way?

Posted by: NOVAman ()
Date: August 14, 2011 12:21PM

Rip Van Winkle? Ok Trebek, who is George Washington, John Adams, and Thomas Jefferson. There's three.

Date: August 14, 2011 03:21PM

That's bullshit republican rhetoric. The reason buisness is not hiring and spending is because they are worried about having customers to sell to. That Obama may tax me has much more to do with personal greed than corporate outlook. Also, there is no way our government can function after our last idiot of a president gave away a ton of the federal government's income. So the whloe "no taxes,no way" is another attempt by the republicans to tank the country.

I started a buisness a couple years ago, I'm happy it's ramping up nicely and I'm glad to pay my share for the privilege to do it. One thing I worry about are these Tea Party assholes fucking with the one intrest in this country that still spends (the gov. and the huge amount of industry's and individuals it suPports.)

Doesn't the bible endorse puplic welfare programs ( those more fortunate help the less fortunate?) Regardless, you have to deal with public issues one way or another. The world is not a vacuum.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.