HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Can't decide where to transfer to for college
Posted by: Rob ()
Date: March 29, 2011 04:57PM

Ive narrowed my choices down to 3 universities: UC-irvine, UNLV and GMU, the latter of which is easier to get into as im instate and at nova.

Ive been looking at colleges ranked as C.A.Es and i know mason has a good IT program, but im unaware of the other 2. Also, the other 2 offer degrees in things i might consider switching over to( A.I.).

i'd like to hear some pros/cons to them. My idea is to win this scholarship and use it to pay for college at either one of those colleges. I'd like to have gmu as my backup plan to be honest.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can't decide where to transfer to for college
Posted by: Vult ()
Date: March 29, 2011 05:38PM

UNLV has an excellent Blackjack department.

Posted by: dika-dika ()
Date: March 29, 2011 05:39PM

Try Howard University and ride the metro.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: Ciry ()
Date: March 29, 2011 05:42PM

Too many negroes at Howard and the faulty members are basically all stupid and incompetent figureheads.

Posted by: George Mason is practical ()
Date: March 29, 2011 09:32PM

I would not do UNLV just because the state of Nevada is very broke. The real estate bust hit them very hard---more houses in foreclosure or underwater there than just about everywhere except Florida. Plus the state relies on the "entertainment" industry for its economy. Not exactly a great place to be when the double dip hits. Tuition is bound to go up by double digits. Just saying. Crime is probably also not going to be low.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: March 29, 2011 09:43PM

Go to University of Northern Virginia. http://www.unva.edu/ Just ignore that the tuition is $350 per credit hour and the school is not accredited.

Posted by: rob ()
Date: March 29, 2011 09:55PM

The schools i mentioned would cost me nothing if i get accepted into the schools and the scholarship/program. This is why im debating between the 3 schools. If i dont, then obviously id stick to GMU. However if it wont cost me anything then id like to open up my choices other than GMU.

going to school in nevada!= working in nevada.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: March 30, 2011 08:58AM

Rob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ive narrowed my choices down to 3 universities:
> UC-irvine, UNLV and GMU, the latter of which is
> easier to get into as im instate and at nova.

If you want to go to school in a big city, UNLV. If you want to be in the burbs and near the beach, UC Irvine. If you want to live at home with your mom, Mason.

Posted by: Mr NeoCon ()
Date: March 30, 2011 09:38AM

Head West my son...seeing how the Libs live in CA will be an education all by itself.
Attachments:
square-med-bloom.gif

Date: March 30, 2011 09:42AM

Personally, I see no reason to go out of state to go to a state school like UNLV or UC Irvine for an undergrad degree. You are spending twice as much as you would otherwise and UC Irvine and UNLV carry no more cache than GMU does. I agree with The Meeper that living at home and going to GMU will hurt your "college experience" of living on campus. But if saving money is a major consideration, I would go with GMU.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.