HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Glenn Beck
Posted by: Stinkfist ()
Date: December 15, 2010 03:02AM

I was flipping through the channels a few weeks back and stopped on Glenn Beck to see what all the fuss was over.

This man needs help. He was talking about canning and creating food reserves for some upcoming inflationary period where a loaf of bread would cost thousands of dollars. The audience was so concerned and you could see them hang on every word out of becks mouth. Beck encouraged the audience to make food reserves and can vegetables like people in older times would do. He INSISTED that this would be the key to survival in the gloom we're sure to face.

I really don't follow shit on FOX News or CNN. I never watch the Daily Show. I think newspapers suck and could care less about political parties. But I have an issue with this man. He's out of control. It's not right that he's using his influence to scare and brainwash stupid people. It really gives me the creeps to know that people are following his guidance and believe that they're enlightened.

I know people see clips of him on various web sites, but you really need to watch a few mins of his show to understand how truly ridiculous it is. It's alarming to say the least.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Glenn Beck
Posted by: *FU QuestionBot* ()
Date: December 15, 2010 03:28AM

Yeah, okay.

WTFC ?

Date: December 15, 2010 03:33AM

*FU QuestionBot* Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, okay.
>
> WTFC ?

Most people think he's just some retard who cries and blubbers around on TV. While he's fun to poke at, he should be taken seriously as he is major source of ignorance and disinformation* (thank you, knitS).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2010 03:44AM by Stinkfist.

Posted by: tsifknitS ()
Date: December 15, 2010 03:40AM

"Misinformation" ?

As opposed to claiming Glen Beck listeners consider themselves "enlightened"
- type of disinformation ?

Posted by: For me, Personally ()
Date: December 15, 2010 06:10AM

I'm not a dedicated Glenn Beck follower. His show is on while I'm still at work - but, I still don't watch TV. However, I am reading his latest book, "Broke". It's a great book that takes you back in time - sort of history lesson on how and when the debt began. The book isn't at all "radical". I'm enjoying it and as you read it, you'll realize that Glenn is not favoring the Republican party or the Democratic party when it comes to the debt. Both can be blamed at certain points in time.

What he's referring to is "Hyperinflation" - it happened in Europe where food prices increased at an alarming rate. Riots are happening in Europe. Both of which he points out could clearly happen here.

Not a sermon, just a thought.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: December 15, 2010 06:20AM

"disinformation" it is a Saint Ronald Reagan term. Why do you hate America so much?

Posted by: Loveit ()
Date: December 15, 2010 07:45AM

I don't watch Beck's show but do enjoy watching him as a guest on other
programs. The think I like best about him is the way he can make a liberal
squeal like a stuck pig. :)

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: December 15, 2010 08:48AM

Ummm, the idea of being prepared is nothing new, and there's nothing wrong with it. So long as you're not running to the nearest cave and screaming at passersby about the sky falling, I don't see anything wrong with attempting to have some foresight.

FYI, when my father and his generation were growing up, during the Great Depression and WWII, almost everyone had Victory Gardens, they made their own ammunition, their canned their own goods, etc. Out of our entire history as humans, it's only really been within the past few decades that we, in the developed Western world, have started to stray away from self-sustenance. It won't take much to screw us all as a result of such.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: December 15, 2010 08:58AM

There is always a crowd that will buy the doomsday talk. I didn't know Beck was on that too, but I'm not surprised, he's a charlatan and a twat. There's a guy in Texas that spouts similar claptrap, Alex Jones. All New WOrld Order talk and 9/11 conspiracies.

One realistic "survival" plan that I never thought about until there was a pretty serious rainstorm after Katrina and we lost power for close to 3 days is to have cash on hand.

I'm a creature of habit who charges almost everything and the rare times I need cash, I hit a bank or ATM. It makes sense to have $1000 in small bills hidden in the house somewhere. If electricity goes out or if there is some kind of problem with internets or credit card processing, cash will be king.

All you lucky fuckers with bomb shelters in your 50's homes. You thought they were just for grow rooms and kinko torture dungeons.

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Posted by: Teh King ()
Date: December 15, 2010 09:16AM

Stinkfist, you have to realize that a major advertiser on Beck's programs is Food Insurance. http://www.foodinsurance.com/

I'm sure Glenn's insistence on stocking up with canned vegetables was followed up with a string of commercials for Food Insurance and Superior Gold Group.

Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: December 15, 2010 09:48AM

a56gateuk1.jpg

Thirty-eight cult members, plus Applewhite, the cult's leader, were found dead in a rented mansion in the upscale San Diego community of Rancho Santa Fe, California on March 26, 1997. The mass death of the Heaven's Gate group is one of the most widely known examples of cult suicide. In preparing to kill themselves, members of the cult drank citrus juices to ritually cleanse their bodies of impurities. Their suicide, conducted in shifts, was accomplished by ingestion of phenobarbital mixed with vodka, along with plastic bags secured around their heads to induce asphyxiation. Each member, for reasons unknown, carried five dollars in quarters. All 39 were dressed in identical black shirts and sweat pants along with brand new black-and-white Nike tennis shoes and purple armbands reading "Heaven's gate away team".

We can only hope.

Posted by: Bill N ()
Date: December 15, 2010 12:04PM

When they are on the radio people like Beck, Limbaugh, Miller, Franken et. al. are really entertainers. To anyone who is at least semi-informed their "Look how (stupid, arrogant, hypocritical, greedy) THEY are" routines get dull fast, but if you assume that at least half of what they are saying is BS, it can be mildly amusing. What scares me isn't so much what comes out of these guy's mouths on the radio as the realization that for each of these guys there are a large number of people out there who actually take it as gospel truth.

Date: December 15, 2010 01:39PM

I love how Beck actually thinks that George Soros would go out of his way to kill him. As if Glenn Beck is his kyrptonite.

I have no problem with canning or victory gardens. People seem to look back fondly on those types of things. It would enable greater crop diversification and people would have easier access to organic food.

The way he delivers the message and instills fear is the problem. He KNOWS dooms day is on the horizon and his pack of pasty followers hear it as gospel.

Posted by: themuse ()
Date: December 15, 2010 01:46PM

beck's sheep eating their veggies:
Attachments:
sheep.jpg

Posted by: elihpoideP ()
Date: December 15, 2010 04:10PM

'Pediophile' wrote :
---------------------------------------------
> "disinformation" it is a Saint Ronald Reagan term.
> Why do you hate America so much?

LISTEN TO HOW STUPID YOU SOUND.
DISINFORMATION IS *PURPOSEFUL* AND *INTENDED* DECEPTION
[ex.; The Liberal Agenda]

WHY DO YOU DISINFORMATIONIST-LIBERALS HATE AMERICA SO MUCH
THAT YOU WOULD TRY AND DESTROY OUR COUNTRY WITH ILLEGAL
MEXICAN IMMIGRANTS AND BY DESTROYING OUR HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY ?

HUH YOU GAY-PEDO-LIBERAL ?

Date: December 15, 2010 04:52PM

elihpoideP Wrote:
> 'Pediophile' wrote :
> ---------------------------------------------
> > "disinformation" it is a Saint Ronald Reagan
> term.
> > Why do you hate America so much?
>
> LISTEN TO HOW STUPID YOU SOUND.
> DISINFORMATION IS *PURPOSEFUL* AND *INTENDED*
> DECEPTION
>
>
> WHY DO YOU DISINFORMATIONIST-LIBERALS HATE AMERICA
> SO MUCH
> THAT YOU WOULD TRY AND DESTROY OUR COUNTRY WITH
> ILLEGAL
> MEXICAN IMMIGRANTS AND BY DESTROYING OUR
> HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY ?
>
> HUH YOU GAY-PEDO-LIBERAL ?
Attachments:
cff.jpg

Posted by: esumeht ()
Date: December 15, 2010 05:17PM

themuse = Richard Simmons with a XXXL Black Dildo shoved up
his ass at all times while he is on the internet impersonating a woman.

Date: December 15, 2010 05:21PM

esumeht Wrote:
> themuse = Richard Simmons with a XXXL Black
> Dildo shoved up
> his ass at all times while he is on the internet
> impersonating a woman.

whatever, troll.
you're not good enough to mimic me even when spelled backwards.
that being said, wanna fuck? pity fucks aren't my favorite but you certainly won't be my first.

yeefuckinghaw

Posted by: esumeht ()
Date: December 15, 2010 05:33PM

No thanks, you can save your asshole for some other lucky guy.
Besides, I'm in love with Rosey Palm.

Date: December 15, 2010 05:53PM

esumeht Wrote:
> No thanks, you can save your asshole for some
> other lucky guy.
> Besides, I'm in love with Rosey Palm.

and another one! what is this, number 13?
pretty impressive, troll.

yeefuckinghaw

Date: December 15, 2010 06:27PM

Lucky number thirteen is how many wraps my cat-hanging nooses get.
Anything less just doesn't seem to break the wind pipe as cleanly.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.