HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
I just retired from Fairfax county and my pension is causing me to lose one third of my social security income!
Posted by: civil servant 1 ()
Date: December 01, 2023 04:40PM

I devoted my career to public service and now because my pension is so high the government is taking money away from me. This totally sucks, I should be entitled to the full amount of my SS benifits that I paid into for over 40 years. I am pissed off.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I just retired from Fairfax county and my pension is causing me to lose one third of my social security income!
Posted by: WTF WOW ()
Date: December 01, 2023 05:10PM

REALLY man?! That's pretty fucked up. You must get one hell of a pension. I've never heard of this. Holy shit. Got me thinking twice

Re: I just retired from Fairfax county and my pension is causing me to lose one third of my social security income!
Posted by: How can that happen? ()
Date: December 01, 2023 05:31PM

I'm scheduled to get a pension too, but why would one's ss payments be reduced as a result of your pension benefits. You paid for SS all the time you were working. That's your money!

Posted by: Private sector Pete ()
Date: December 01, 2023 10:07PM

You government workers need to stop whining, working a government job all those years means you goofed off all the time and hardly did any work, so you don’t deserve much of a pension or SS.

Posted by: Mikey Muchbux ()
Date: December 01, 2023 10:12PM

I nearly spit my Chateau D'Yquem laughing at you peasants.

Posted by: retired 2 ()
Date: December 03, 2023 09:41AM

civil servant 1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I devoted my career to public service and now
> because my pension is so high the government is
> taking money away from me. This totally sucks, I
> should be entitled to the full amount of my SS
> benifits that I paid into for over 40 years. I am
> pissed off.

Once you turn 67 you can keep all your SS dollars no matter how much taxable income you have.

Posted by: Plenty o'money ()
Date: December 19, 2023 05:02PM

Why didn't you save any money yourself in an IRA?

Posted by: been there 2. ()
Date: December 20, 2023 06:03AM

Plenty o'money Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why didn't you save any money yourself in an IRA?

Unless it is a roth IRA that money counts as taxable income as well that will eat away at your SS benifits.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.