HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Why ONLY Rock ?
Posted by: rocksux ()
Date: August 31, 2010 02:57PM

It seems when people talk about the "bands" they like- its always Rock music. As if thats the only genre that exists. I think that Rock bands and Rock music is so cliche. Almost every suburban white kid wants to be in a Rock band. It would be more original to be in an Alt Country Folk Polka band. But no, it has the be the tried and true Punk or "Indie" Rock band they play in. And always the same thing: 4 guys with guitars, loud drums, screaming vocals, lyrics that have no meaning, and the same pretentious attitude. Its almost if Rock music itself has become the establishment: everything it fought against 50 years ago.

Discuss.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why ONLY Rock ?
Posted by: Mr. Misery ()
Date: August 31, 2010 04:17PM

Meade post?

...but I do agree. I don't care for 'rock'. I like rock n' roll. But rock without roll.....no. Boring. No rhythm. No beat. No harmonies. It all sounds the same to me. I can't imagine sitting down and listening to Bruce Springsteen, or Eric Clapton. I don't know how you guys do it. Zero interest.

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: August 31, 2010 04:25PM

Date: August 31, 2010 04:39PM

this is more like it--here's some music with some 'get up and go'. This is cool, man. Notice how they got all dressed up and made an effort to put on a show. This is a far cry from some white boy in thick-rimmed glasses he doesn't even need and a 'vintage' t-shirt whining into a microphone about some white-ass bullshit.

Posted by: woof=woof ()
Date: August 31, 2010 06:51PM

Guess what I got a fever!!! And the only prescription is... more cowbell!!! The cock of the walk, baby!!! I gotta have more cowbell!!!

Posted by: rocksux1 ()
Date: August 31, 2010 10:19PM

Mr. Misery Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Meade post?
>
> ...but I do agree. I don't care for 'rock'. I like
> rock n' roll. But rock without roll.....no.
> Boring. No rhythm. No beat. No harmonies. It all
> sounds the same to me. I can't imagine sitting
> down and listening to Bruce Springsteen, or Eric
> Clapton. I don't know how you guys do it. Zero
> interest.

IMO, lyrics and melody are what make good music. The beat is just icing. And I dont consider Eric Calpton or Bruce good music, ya know? But if the drums and bass are too loud, it doesnt sound like music. Its just noise. We need good lyrics.

Date: September 02, 2010 04:28AM

lyrics don't mean a whole helluva lot to me. There's plenty of great instrumental music in the world. A lot of the time I prefer instrumental music. I'd say lyrics are more like icing. You can have music without lyrics, but you can't have lyrics without music and still call it music.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.