HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Free Movies & Games at Blockbuster!!!
Posted by: BlockBusterMan ()
Date: June 08, 2007 01:33AM

I work at blockbuster and all of the stores in the district are having a competition to see who can get the most Total Access activations.

The activations have a FREE 2 WEEK TRIAL!!! You can cancel after a few days and you will get 3 emails, Blockbuster won't give out your email address or anything like that.

The Total Access is actually a really good deal if you are interested, the lowest plan is $5.99.... hell, renting a movie from Blockbuster is $4.97 (for a New Release, non new release is $4.76). Plus ANYTHING on DVD is available, not just what are in the stores.

While customers will still be able to send their online rentals back through the mail, Total Access gives them the option of returning the movies to their local participating Blockbuster store. In exchange, every online rental returned to the store can be redeemed for a free in-store rental within that same visit. Once an employee scans the online rental for the exchange, the item is automatically checked in, prompting for the next movies to be sent, though it may still show up on the customer's online queue until it reaches distribution. Many complaints recently on review boards have been showing a significant delay taking place with this procedure recently though. Because Total Access and the stores are technically separate businesses, if a customer rents a movie in-store and it is also in their queue, it must be removed by the customer via their online account to avoid receiving the same movie by mail. Some stores also feature an in-store laptop in which customers can sign up for the Total Access program, manage their account or queue, and even cancel their Netflix account. -Wikipedia

Go to https://www.blockbuster.com/totalaccess to learn more about the plan. Go to http://www.blockbuster.com/totalaccess to register.... PLEASE BE SURE TO TYPE IN THE PROMO CODE "51087B"

I thank you in advance!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Free Movies & Games at Blockbuster!!!
Posted by: ya ()
Date: June 08, 2007 01:48AM

Fuck Blockbuster. Who the fuck still goes to blockbuster??? Those are fucking rip off prices anyway. 5 bucks a movie, get the fuck outta here. Start making BETTER deals and maybe I'll go back to blockbuster.

Posted by: JayD ()
Date: June 08, 2007 02:27AM

DELETE DIS SPAM CHIT!

Posted by: McLean-Blockbuster ()
Date: June 08, 2007 10:17AM

My nephew came back from college almost a month ago. (why do colleges start
summer vacataion so early anyway? :) )

He signed up for the Netflix 8-disc-at-a-time program for $49.99 a month.
In less than 4 weeks, he's already rented 83 DVDs. At this rate, he'll
pay less than 50 cents per DVD rental. Netflix's facility is only 15
minutes away in Maryland, so the DVDs are received/returned next-day.

How does Blockbuster compete with that?

Posted by: Blockbuster ()
Date: June 08, 2007 10:25AM

You can bring the DVDs to ANY blockbuster and trade them in for free DVDs on the spot. Blockbuster then mails them for you. You also get coupons for free popcorn, candy etc. from Blockbuster. Our cheapest plan is $5.99

"Q: How many free in-store rentals can I get?

A: Each return envelope containing a BLOCKBUSTER Online DVD is good for ONE free in-store movie rental. There is no limit to the number of DVDs from BLOCKBUSTER Online that you may redeem for free in-store rentals but you may only have a maximum of 20 in-store rentals checked out on your in-store membership at any one time."

Date: June 08, 2007 11:24AM

Your so full of shit. How do you bring them in and trade them on the spot, but not be able to walk out with them. Wait for them to be mailed to you. what do you get for advertising here anyway you fucking asshole? Your cheapest plan is 5.99?? Well my cheapest reply is to go fuck yourself.

Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: June 08, 2007 12:08PM

How much is Blockbuster paying you to pitch its crappy service on this lightly read site? How much is Cary being paid to keep your shit on here? This is ridiculous. At least reference Fairfax County and not DC in your SPAM.

Posted by: Blockbuster ()
Date: June 08, 2007 12:52PM

This is NOT spam at all. I'm working there part time and I'm trying to get people to use our promo code and then cancel 2 days later. You will get emails (BLOCK THEM). Blockbuster won't give out or trade your info. You get a free movie or game rental for trying it out.

Personally I'm cheap so I like getting free stuff.... if you don't want a free movie and game rentals then don't do it and no need to bitch about it. Bitch if you want but you are wasting your own time...

Posted by: stinkypoon ()
Date: June 08, 2007 12:58PM

No let's keep this post. The more we talk about what a fucking sham blockbuster is, the more ironic of a disservice this advertisment will make.

Let's face it: blockbuster is finished. Netflix is way ahead of them and everyone knows it. "But what if I want to watch 'Pirates 2' right now?" Ah yes, that would be the last standing advantage that Blockbuster had, to stock 300 copies of the newest shittiest releases and charge you $5 to see it (plus the late fees they falsely advertised they were doing away with). The answer: vending machines that for $1 will let you rent all the latest crap. They're popping up in McDonalds and food stores everywhere. Bye-bye, blockbuster.

You chased out the mom-pops stores, jacked up your awful prices, and stocked a meager selection that only a Rob Schneider fan would like. And you fucked your customers at the register, so I'll try not to laugh as you steal Netflix's idea and play it off as your own because the game is over.

Date: June 08, 2007 01:12PM

The jig is up bitch!! Blockbuster is going down!!

Posted by: Henry ()
Date: June 08, 2007 01:16PM

>
> Personally I'm cheap so I like getting free
> stuff.... if you don't want a free movie and game
> rentals then don't do it and no need to bitch
> about it. Bitch if you want but you are wasting
> your own time...

We can tell your cheap, but I call 5 bucks a movie, especially shitty, shitty movies hardly cheap, you fucking prick. Id rather wipe my ass with your Total Acess Promotion then actually sign up for it.

Posted by: 703-4-Life ()
Date: June 08, 2007 01:30PM

Blockbuster is too bad. Yeah they pushed out the mom and pop stores. Potomac Video and HollyWood Video are not bad ethier....

Blockbuster is decent though, they have some movies that are not allowed to be distributed at other stores. It's not as bad as you guys are making it out to be.... were you raped by Blockbuster or is there another reason you hate it so much?

Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: June 08, 2007 01:33PM

"Bitch if you want" - Did you get this approved by your corporate paymasters at Blockbuster?

Where do you work? Tulsa? Are you sitting in some cubicle farm in Minneapolis trolling this shit on the web?

Posted by: BlockbusterMan ()
Date: June 08, 2007 01:34PM

I'm not getting paid to say this.

Date: June 08, 2007 03:12PM

BlockbusterMan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm not getting paid to say this.

SO YOUR DOING IT FOR FREE?!?!? WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT YOU ARE. FIND SOMETHING BETTER TO DO.

Posted by: FiberMan ()
Date: June 08, 2007 04:03PM

Screw hard copies of anything.. RIDE THE LIGHT..

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: June 08, 2007 04:56PM

FiberMan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Screw hard copies of anything.. RIDE THE LIGHT..

ride the light? what a stupid personal slogan. he's my slogan for you: eat shit and die. :)

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: June 08, 2007 05:53PM

ARGUING ABOUT MOVIE RENTALS

Posted by: John Anders ()
Date: June 09, 2007 02:24PM

The person is just trying to save people some money. What's the harm in that?

Posted by: allivant ()
Date: June 13, 2007 08:55AM

i use it. $9/mo for one out at a time. i return them to the store. i prob get like 5 or 6 movies a month at least. seems like a decent deal to me.

vaburbia.com

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: June 13, 2007 09:36AM

Attachments:
blockbusterorly.jpg

Posted by: stinkypoon ()
Date: June 13, 2007 10:41AM

^^ now THAT is FUNNY! =)

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: June 14, 2007 01:06PM

lol. fucking great.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.