HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Anyone use P90X workout
Posted by: Out of shape ()
Date: April 20, 2010 06:21PM

Has anyone here used P90X? Everything I read online seems like they were written by the company that makes it so I am skeptical. Looking for real experiences with it. Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone use P90X workout
Posted by: BIG CAT ()
Date: April 20, 2010 06:23PM

Turning the switch!

Posted by: Brit_mixed ()
Date: April 20, 2010 06:33PM

It does work..as long as you follow the program..

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: April 20, 2010 07:37PM

Brit_mixed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It does work..as long as you follow the program..

+1. I've had two friends try it. They said that the exercise you can get used to. It's the following the diet is the hardest thing. I've found that to be true of any fitness regime.

Posted by: NovAnon ()
Date: April 20, 2010 08:28PM

i lost forty pounds in five months using it. since then, i've put on close to ten pounds of sheer muscle and have kept my waist the same size. its a fantastic program -- you get out what you put into it.

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: April 20, 2010 08:35PM

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/hzkojtDcSS8/hqdefault.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2015 02:19PM by WingNut.

Posted by: Dane Bramage ()
Date: April 20, 2010 09:28PM

WingNut Wrote:
>
> Find your own dedication and motivation and you
> can get in really good shape with simple cardio,
> pushups,pullups deep knee bends etc.

+1

Try Crossfit.

http://www.crossfit.com/

Cheers!

Posted by: TomMadison ()
Date: April 20, 2010 10:54PM

NovAnon Wrote:
> i lost forty pounds in five months using it. since
> then, i've put on close to ten pounds of sheer
> muscle and have kept my waist the same size. its a
> fantastic program -- you get out what you put into
> it.

I ordered P90X and was wondering how much equipment I need. The program is not too expensive, but I don't want to drop $200-300 on a bunch of dumbbells, etc. Also, do you spend a lot of time switching DVDs, or are the workouts sequential?

Posted by: fit ()
Date: April 20, 2010 11:08PM

If you want an even harder program try the Insanity Workout. Or if you want to be freaking nuts, do both at the same time! I tried doing that and can't keep up. If you have the time then go for it.

Posted by: General Lee ()
Date: April 21, 2010 12:36AM

Haven't tried P90X, but I did buy the Perfect Pushup a couple weeks ago. That thing is tough!

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: April 21, 2010 02:00AM

My friend started it, and all he could say was: "It Hurts!".

I just stick to my own work-out plan, which when ideally implemented consists of running on "Off-days", and hitting the weights at the gym for 30-90 minutes on the other days. I've gotten to the point where I can do in 30 minutes what used to take me well over an hour.

Recently I've been doing PT's as well, and I do two rounds of them every "Off-day" (Along with Pull-ups), while I hit the weights and run on the days inbetween such. The PT's have really given me the strength, and they toughen you up more than anything else.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: Slapshot ()
Date: April 21, 2010 07:16AM

It will only work if you commit yourself to the program. That includes the diet. You don't have to neccassarily follow their diet, but follow a good healthy diet. I've gone through 3 cycles of it. Not that I had a ton of weight to lose in the beginning but I did lose 30 lbs and got down to 10 % body fat.

As far as investment in equipment goes, here's my advice. Go to a gym...one that will give you a free workout to try to sell you a memebership (but refuse the membership). Use their bands and dumbells. See how much weight you can do for 10 reps in curls, rows, military press, the common traditional moves. Chances are you'll only need about 3 different dumbells. Buy dumbells in those weight. Bands are also very inexpensive and you can travel with them. Push up bars are good to get and a chin up bar is essential, you'll use it a lot!

Posted by: Good Sound Advice ()
Date: April 21, 2010 08:38AM

The best workout is 30-45 minutes of bar knuckle boxing in a warm room. And be sure to drink at minimum one half gallon of goats milk daily.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.