HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
IOWA CAUCAS APP WAS AN ANDROID APP - not an apple app
Posted by: associated pressings ()
Date: February 07, 2020 01:07PM

We are publishing the Android .apk file on our website. Anyone who would like to explore the app further and share findings can contact security reporter Joseph Cox securely on Signal on +44 20 8133 5190, Wickr on josephcox, OTR chat on jfcox@jabber.ccc.de, or email joseph.cox@vice.com

https://vice-sundry-assets-cdn.vice.com/sites/iowa-caucus-app/iowa-caucus-app.apk

d347005f-12be-4eb3-afc0-a41688eb7fa1-shu

the phone democrat media is using appears to be an iphone model (no buttons, slit at top, dot just right of the slit), and the case cover is the exact color iphone used in previous models (hard case - not as cover). you should realize that some chinese phone makers are makign models that look "very similar to apple models" (which is, some would say, illegal)

HOWEVER THAT IS ALL A LIE

Democrats have been trying to lie to the un-aware public that Apple development was involved

WHEN INFACT IT WAS ASIAN ANDROID development that was involved

NEXT - note the app was reported by Iowa caucas to "not report all the data when connected to upload the data" (this is a report btw - whether iowans lied or didn't understand what was going on is "a possibility")

The app does not contain voter data, but instead is designed to send caucus counts to a Google server.

HOWEVER THAT CONTRADICTS statements by many the phone had to "connect with the democrat server to upload data" (from each phone) made in the same article

"when caucus data was being moved to an IDP validation server for verification, a data formatting problem resulted"

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/z3b3g9/here-is-a-link-to-the-shadow-inc-app-that-blew-up-the-iowa-caucus

according to analyses by multiple Android app developmers

The app, called IowaReporterApp and developed by a company called Shadow Inc.,

AMONG THE FLAWS NOTED WAS THAT THE APP CONTAINED PERSONAL URLS OF PERSONS "FROM THE OUTSIDE"

E.T. PHONE HOME

A team of researchers at Stanford University, including former Facebook chief security officer Alex Stamos and students Jack Cable, Pierce Lowary, and Alex Zaheer, said that while analyzing the app, they found potentially concerning code within it, including hard-coded API keys. Motherboard decompiled the app and verified the presence of an API key. Stamos' concern was that a hacker could potentially change or reset data on the servers. Stamos added that he was not comfortable probing the company's backend without its permission. Shadow insisted that the app was configured correctly.

caucus chairs on the ground experienced problems with the app beyond the reporting errors cited by Niemira. Multiple Iowa caucus chairs said they had trouble logging into the app, which Niemira believes was caused by users inputting the wrong credentials.

(however - for all we know iowa caucus members tried to "freak the phone", which is why the app recorded many bogus logins)

The app was supposed to then send these results to a Google Cloud Functions backend. That backend was controlled by Shadow.

AS STANDFORD SAID - ET PHONE HOME - THAT WOULD PUT THE APP DEVELOPER PERSONALLY IN COMPLETE CONTROL OF ELECTION RESULTS

IN SECURITY CIRCLES, THAT'S CALLED A HACKER'S BACK DOOR

"We have this independent verification step," Niemira said. "In the course of doing that, we had some code that would look at our results database and then move that over to the IDP’s quality control check environment. In the process of doing that, we had some faulty code that took the data and put it into a format that made it fail the checks by the IDP. That was throwing up flags, which took time to resolve."

the problem is once you catch these people with ET PHONE HOME (back doors) in their software and flaws - you cannot accept their account of what went wrong

ANDROID UBUNTU DEVELOPERS always have coverup lies - i heard them for many years before i stopped listening to them altogther

it could be the android developer app was "crap" and shadow just didn't realize it, it could be shadow KNEW the app was "crap" and he could deflect blame on someone else and play stupid - as to the fact it was "not working" and also he could have controlled the election results from home

the point is - your far out of your league if you are asking someone who did this "why"

the topic of if android is a hacker system (yes it is) and how they pawn off these hacker back doors - is over most people's heads

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: IOWA CAUCAS APP WAS AN ANDROID APP - not an apple app
Date: February 07, 2020 01:15PM

ACCORDING TO THE DEVELOPER - IF YOU TRUST HIM ...

he never tested the app: he claimed "the data format was rejected by the server RUN BY IOWA DEMOCRAT PARTY" (which conflicts with analyst reports it uploaded data to google server)

"IDP’s quality control check environment"

IF YOU TRUST HIM, THEN EITHER:

* he never tested it or would have found the problem OR

* the STATE RUN IOWA SERVER (which we cannot verify exists in reality) WAS ALTERED AND DOING THE HACKING

-------------------------------

so in SUMMARY

everyone is pointing fingers at everything except

STATE RUN IOWA DEMOCRAT SERVER

which for all we know is run by DNC hackers or run by SHADOW - the same person claiming he was unaware

Date: February 07, 2020 01:16PM

the author claims "the format was rejected by the server" but does not explain why only SOME of the data was rejected but not other

Posted by: efrgrgew ()
Date: February 07, 2020 01:18PM

Guido said Trail of Bits was surprised to find the app runs on Android phones as old as version 5.0, which was released in 2014

oh thank you, guido

Posted by: gthreweq ()
Date: February 07, 2020 01:26PM

According to state records, the app was built in several months at a cost of $63,182

THIS CONFLICTS WITH WHAT ANDROID ANALYSTS REPORTED, WHICH WAS THAT THE APP WAS SIMPLE AND ALMOST COMPLETELY MADE BY FOLLOWING AN ONLINE ANDROID APP TUTORIAL*

so - it would be a felony to charge (democrats) $63,182 for following a tutorial ?

(a tutorial for making a very similar app)

remember the SUMMARY says that there are CONFLICTING CLAIMS - that data was altered by by IOWA DEMOCRAT PARTY SERVER (rejected "certain sets of votes") not by the app blamed

so you cannot rely on any story above - did shadow also control that server - and was that server rejecting any voting blocks that "they didn't wish to see"

Posted by: werthjgf ()
Date: February 07, 2020 01:30PM

IOWA CAUCAS APP WAS AN ANDROID APP - not an apple app

https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/5/21125449/iowa-recorder-app-democractic-caucus-motherboard-published

this article even claims Apple supported the app

I GUARANTEE YOU APPLE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE APP

Posted by: iowas debt ... ()
Date: February 07, 2020 01:37PM

https://apps.apple.com/

no apps from iowa are registered except an android compatible "road conditions" app made by the state, called iowa 511
Attachments:
Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 1.35.23 PM.png

Date: February 07, 2020 01:41PM

take a guess who get's that job (iowa 511) ? i guarantee you the app is made by political picks - the whole project full of democrats who got their jobs illicitly

Date: February 07, 2020 01:44PM

you begin to see that ANDROID DEVELOPMENT is actually funded by democrat state and hillary state department

they do this by making a law saying they need a road conditions app, then making a law it must work just as well on android as it does on apple

ALL OF THAT ABOVE - TOTAL LIES to funnel money to android communist projects and code bases

Date: February 07, 2020 01:50PM

meanwhile - your (wife) goes to the store won't bring home SLIM JIM because the grocery bill is too high taxes are too high

did she use the state wide "where is the bulldozer" app on her way to the store ?

i bet she didn't

CAN THE STATE RELEASE GOOGLE MARK UPS ON GOOGLE MAPS FOR FREE RATHER THAN PAYING DEMOCRATS TO MAKE ANDROID CODE - AND DO THIS INFORMATION RELEASE PRACTICALLY FOR FREE ?

ah.

it's not about iowa state releasing dot information on a some dork web site that only workers would need to access

IT'S ABOUT CREATING EXCUSES TO DEVELOP ANDROID APPS TO PROFIT CHINA HUWAIE's customer base (or samsung's) - which china and germany mostly kontrols (ubuntu)

it's about some people get paid to hack while others are told "hackers should rot on the streets of san francisco penniless"

and it's time pelosi democrats get CLAWED BACK and admit they are the monsters they are pretending to complain of

Posted by: 21e3rfegbrew ()
Date: February 07, 2020 01:54PM

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.meridian.vdot&hl=en_US

The Virginia 511 mobile application combines official information from the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT), driving and transit directions from Google, navigation with Waze, and other sources of information to provide a dynamic one-stop-shop for traveler information needs across Virginia.

DEMOCRATS ARE RUNNING THIS SCAM IN EVERY DEMOCRAT RUN STATE

Posted by: STFU and go Back to Your Xboxes ()
Date: February 07, 2020 01:54PM

So funny reading all the comments above. Android app vs iPhone app, LMAO!

Will you newbs' please go back to your Xboxes and leave the discussions about apps to the professionals.

Posted by: It's only you and me here ()
Date: February 07, 2020 01:55PM

You do realize it's one mental person replying to themselves, right?

Posted by: Catherine Moncure ()
Date: February 07, 2020 01:56PM

Catherine Moncure

November 19, 2019

Shows slowdowns but doesn't show road closures and accidents. Doesn't really work anymore. I DID have map layers on and had high priority accitents enabled.

Posted by: LeeEllen Lowe ()
Date: February 07, 2020 01:57PM

LeeEllen Lowe

October 22, 2019

Used to be great! Had to reinstall and now it crashes every time i open it

Posted by: My2 Cents ()
Date: February 07, 2020 01:58PM

My2 Cents

November 15, 2019

Tried for 10 minutes to get past the allow device location popup

Posted by: STFU and go Back to Your Xboxes ()
Date: February 07, 2020 01:58PM

BTW - $63,000 for a mobile app is the reason it's a piece of shit. Real mobile apps costs start at +$200,000.

Posted by: asdff ()
Date: February 07, 2020 01:59PM

asdff

January 7, 2019

Kinda seems counterintuitive ... force everyone to download an app on our phones and remind us we can't use our phones while driving

Posted by: va tech ()
Date: February 07, 2020 02:01PM

A Google user

October 2, 2019

Map captions get smaller the more you zoom in. No camera to see roads.

Donna Howland

May 1, 2019

too many cameras not in service

Posted by: erfgew ()
Date: February 07, 2020 02:02PM

LeAndrew Gaskins

December 20, 2018

App needs to be debugged!!! Camera's aren't working for the app. They keep saying 'can't play video'

Posted by: dems are hacking you big time ()
Date: February 07, 2020 02:03PM

James Proudstar *Warpath*

August 9, 2018

So...the information is provided by Google? So...it's a pallet swap Google maps with cameras? Yeah that's not even worth downloading. What good is the camera views exactly? Just use Google maps.

(I THINK HE'S SAYING MOST OF THE ROAD VIEWS ARE JUST GOOGLE STREET VIEW NOT LIVE TRAFFIC VIEW - MEANING 1/2 THE APP IS A LIE)

Posted by: dear dan ()
Date: February 07, 2020 02:06PM

Dan Smith

July 20, 2018

New update made it suck. Cameras won't load and app is slow.

dear dan,

your stupid you didn't upgrade, you need to upgrade to new android your stupid can't afford a $1,300 samsung stupid boy?

that's all legacy your such a looser

(dear dan - upgrades is how they force you out of your phone - it's a strong arm sales tactic - and androids/ubuntu are the worst abusers of that tactic)

Posted by: 21erfgbre ()
Date: February 07, 2020 02:07PM

Josh Wassum

April 9, 2017

It could use a lot of improvement. The user interface is clunky and outdated looking. The app crashes frequently on me.

Posted by: Silver Mini-van is Watching ()
Date: February 07, 2020 02:10PM

It's only you and me here Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You do realize it's one mental person replying to
> themselves, right?

Yes, looks like classic eesh posts or the "Trumptard cyber security fire fighter." LMAO!

Posted by: Deborah Boles WINNER !!! ()
Date: February 07, 2020 02:10PM

Deborah Boles

August 23, 2017

Waste of tax payer money!

WINNER !!!

has some idea what's going on !!!

this would be cool if everyone had jobs (ie, not in grocery store let teens do that)

but the bare facts are huge numbers of people are un-employed while democrats just get away with crime of protecting friends using gov jobs - producing nothing usally for the money except more political children

while others suffer

Posted by: k ()
Date: February 07, 2020 06:27PM

ANDROID, NOT APPLE

NOW NOTE VTDOT 511 IOWA 511 - BOTH claim they are "state project" but NEITHER STATE ACTUALLY MADE THE PROJECT THEY ARE TELLING THE COMMUNITY OF

it is imported sortware they aren't maintaining correctly

YET THEY ARE BILLING THE TAXPAYER FOR MUCH MUCH MORE than improperly maintaining imported software

Posted by: k ()
Date: February 07, 2020 11:36PM

d

Posted by: ArnoldWilder ()
Date: September 05, 2020 03:17AM

I would really like to try, but after several incidents I realized that downloading apk files from other sites is very unsafe. I once downloaded the apk mod of the game and after that a huge number of strange files appeared on my phone and they were not deleted. I was shocked and after this incident I download Mod Apk from only one site and there all the files are clean and you don't have to worry about the presence of any viruses. So I advise you to be careful and not think about the bugs. There are a lot of viruses in various files and I am glad that my friend told me about this site.

Posted by: 8p78p8 ()
Date: August 19, 2021 05:17PM

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.