HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Carrier Choise
Posted by: Possibilities ()
Date: March 15, 2007 11:14PM

I am thinking about joining millitary. I have a clean record and 15 college credits. I can join any branch I want. Any thoughts or recommendations? Anyone prior experience? Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Carrier Choise
Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: March 15, 2007 11:22PM

You should consider joining the Turkish Army. They could use a few people with 15 college credits, and they offer you a free hookah and fez upon completion of boot camp.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2007 11:22PM by RESton Peace.

Posted by: myspaceaddict ()
Date: March 15, 2007 11:25PM

You should consider using spell check before you post something... once you master that your dumbass can google the different branches, if you become a real brainiac you can use yahoo answers and ask the question there; where someone gives a rat's ass.

Posted by: nakedshoplifter ()
Date: March 16, 2007 08:36AM

Damn, I thought this guy needed cell phone advice.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: March 16, 2007 10:06AM

This guy is headed straight for Iraq

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: March 16, 2007 10:17AM

Agreed... if his idea of asking "which branch of the service should I join" is titling the thread with "carrier choise," he's fodder.

Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: March 16, 2007 11:14AM

First, which college admitted him?

Second, which college allowed him to earn 15 credits?

Branch of service? I understand Morrocco has been sending bomb-detonating monkeys to Iraq. I imagine the Morroccan Bomb Monkey Squad probably has a few openings, though I'm not sure this guy has the qualifications.

Date: March 16, 2007 12:20PM

Credits can be earned by taking other classes, training, etc that say they can count toward college credits. That's probably what is happening here.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: March 16, 2007 02:02PM

This guy is headed straight for Iraq

Nahhh, this guy sounds to dimwitted to serve in combat. He should join the Navy, with his level of intelligence he'll probably get assigned to some low level repairman detail where he walks around all day with a bucket and brush, following orders like "If it doesn't move, paint it."

Posted by: maybe? ()
Date: March 16, 2007 10:26PM

Maybe he means the Navy is giving him a choice of which carrier to serve on.

Those recruiters are slicker than whale shit when it comes to tricking guys into joining. Read the fine print about assigned in the best interest of the service or some such bs. Translation; I dont want to be assigned to Iraq, reality: pack your bags

Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: March 19, 2007 09:51AM

Wasn't some gal suing the military because they tricked her dumbass son into joining with the idea he would be getting some special training and in the end they sent him over to Iraq? People are so damn dumb.

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: March 19, 2007 05:23PM

there is a saying about the army. 200 years of tradition unimpeded by progress. This man is PERFECT for todays military

Posted by: Hambone ()
Date: March 19, 2007 09:20PM

You couldn't pay me enough money to enlist under this administration. Rumsfeld may be gone but the damage has been done.

Check out this article is today's Post. Bush and the Republicans are a disgrace to those who serve.

Posted by: Just me ()
Date: March 19, 2007 09:41PM

Whenever the economy is in good shape, as it is today, decent paying jobs are easy to come by. Not saying they are good enough to buy a 500k home but enough to get a foot in the door of a condo. Usually, as history shows, the only time there is a surplus of people trying to join the service is when the economy is in the gutter.

That being said I do have the greatest respect for the men and women in the service and they certainly deserve better than the crap that is going on at Walter Reed.

Date: March 19, 2007 10:02PM

Hambone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Check out this article is today's Post. Bush and
> the Republicans are a disgrace to those who serve.

Ah, how short the memories are. The entire country is to blame for the Iraq mess. In November 2002 79%... read it again... _79%_ polled said they supported military action against Hussein if he blocked inspectors.

ref http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/iraq_poll_021118.html

So yeah Bush fucked up, Rumsfeld fucked up, Powell fucked up. 3200+ American soldiers dead. Tens of thousands maimed for life and left to squander, abandoned by an apathetic American public in horrid rat holes like Walter Reed that Biafrans would turn their nose up at. 100,000+ Iraqis dead (by legit counts, not US press counts). But Bush, Powell, Rove, Rumsfeld, Clinton, McCain, etc etc etc fucked up with 28% more of the population that landed Bush in office for a second term and gave the war effort for Iraq the majority go-ahead it needed. So yeah, easy to blame Bush now but don't forget that 79% of us told him to do it. Hindsight's a bitch, ain't it? Guess what, 79% responsible, live with it if you can.

Lesson for the future: don't set deadlines for international leaders to take action, forcing pissing contests that lead to war. "They didn't concede by June 1? Guess we gotta shock-n-awe them or we'll look like pussies." Take a lesson from Iraq... Hussein was an asshole but now we can see he controlled those animals. Let animals control the zoo within the confines of the zoo and we'll be better off for it. And no more pathetic excuses about freeing people. Let people free themselves if they want... it isn't worth a single American life "saving" large groups of people who have no desire to rise and save themselves.

I blame myself too... I was as gung-ho as the next guy, stupidly waving a fist just like everyone else was at the bar when CNN showed missiles hitting Baghdad and lots of cool shit blowing up. Then my friends went over there. And then some didn't come back. And then I saw how much of a fucking idiot I was to support this crap. My personal guilt is substantial because I recognize how badly Americans fucked up in letting our leaders do this. Nothing can be retracted and I guess the lessons learned will go away in two or three generations just as they did with Vietnam. Fortify our own borders... set up missile defense... increase human intelligence that was castrated under Clinton. Hopefully the public can be re-oriented on what a "direct threat" is, as opposed to some wacko that couldn't get a SCUD past Tel Aviv, much less to anywhere inside US borders.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2007 10:13PM by pgens.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.