HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Green Fail: CA Gov Newsom Cancels High-speed Rail. (Green Stolen I'd say)
Posted by: breitbart ()
Date: February 13, 2019 10:18AM

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/02/12/california-governor-gavin-newsom-cancels-high-speed-rail-would-cost-too-much-and-take-too-long/

http://www.hsr.ca.gov

Since 1996, California high speed rail has been threatening to modernize transportation across California. 23 years.

Governor is now talking about canceling it or part of it. This would mean all the federal money they've been getting has gone INTO DEMOCRAT POLITICAL POCKETS. Why isn't any of it built yet? You don't say after 23 years of funding "it would take too long" unless your retiring from a huge theft upon the public.

It means California citizens and fed gov looses 23 years of payments.

12-california-high-speed-rail-constructi

I cannot find any images or evidence on google that any part of a train system is ready. I see partly completed bridges that could (i quickly guess) carry trains if finished.

I now understand why Californians are complaining about the train to nowhere. Their words may have been more perceptive than they imagined.

The new governor devoted much of his speech to attacking President Trump over “fear-mongering” over a “so-called border crisis,” though he praised the president for trying to lower prescription drug prices.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Green Fail: CA Gov Newsom Cancels High-speed Rail. (Green Stolen I'd say)
Posted by: about corrections ()
Date: February 13, 2019 10:22AM

the careful reader might find images of completed high speed rail: from dallas, korea, japan

before posting and telling me i didn't google long enough: check any image you find thoroughly - as any i find for chsr are are "demonstration photo" (not real)

Posted by: about corrections ()
Date: February 13, 2019 10:52AM

The only train station built is: right near Disney Land in Anaheim. It has a balloon roof (non-rigid) and is full of multi-colored lights for show, a lofty glass wall in front for show, no train tracks. It is more like a decorated airplane hangar - cost-wise.

All other stations say they are "not environmentally cleared" yet and (are being planned).

Interactive_Map_widget.jpg (proposed in future, in 23 yr very little of it is done)

there are no train tracks or bridges anywhere near the anheim station but there are similar buildings, ie, the Honda show building. you have to ask if the real purpose of this building was to subsidize a foreign nation to buy it up at much reduced cost later. "called privatizing"

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Anaheim+Station/@33.8028036,-117.8804287,769m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x80dcd77605111275:0xccde134d96a888d7!8m2!3d33.8035076!4d-117.8774163
(you could say the rail might be underground for miles, but judging progress you should know that's a pipe dream)

Posted by: kn7h6 ()
Date: February 13, 2019 10:54AM

HOK-ARTIC-Anaheim-Regional-Transportatio

on sale today

- federal government rail road subsidy money building - buy it for your anaheim resort business before someone else does

(as i said, a deco air hangar)

Posted by: breitbart ()
Date: February 13, 2019 10:59AM

there's a FIRM accounting question why "all projects began at once" and this one is built (at least a decade) before projected to be "needed" or serviceable

(why would you not build as much of a rail as you could complete "at a time" and lengthen it as you find opportunity to do so? the answer is, like florida pedestrian bridge disaster, it appears deception and DEMOCRAT PARTY KICKBACK were the core of this project)

unless all isn't as it appears. but incomplete an unusable except perhaps ONE building (also one started in San Fran - Pelosi's back yard) does NOT 23 years of payments make (not a single train or track, just a couple buildings)

Posted by: jhub7 ()
Date: February 13, 2019 11:01AM

Artic-Anaheim-Ron-Reiring-Flickr-CC-Crop (this may be in part an artists rendering and the above image could be as well, though infact the building is standing)

Posted by: vwt9y ()
Date: February 13, 2019 11:03AM

as i said - downtown right next door to a similar building by Honda. another asian (car) dealer may be shopping for something similar. it is NOT a coincidence i would say.

Posted by: njyeb ()
Date: February 13, 2019 11:10AM

Meanwhile in Japan news of High Speed rail began early 90's. But concerned Japanese citizens have complain that while "it works" the cost of the build and the continual maintenance, the government building and managing, makes all the convenience meaningless - for Japan it became a debt ridden project (like any other metro project is in any country).

Posted by: render man ()
Date: February 13, 2019 11:23AM

burbank_grade_separation_b_8743738715_o.

this is an "admitted rendering". renderings can be real and have realistic persons place in them using advanced software*

the reason i said the first image might be a rendering is the person on the top of the elevator "Just doesn't look right" (perhaps due real motion or poor rendering, his skull looks elongated and ), and all other persons are too blurry to count. it appears to be a real photo after careful inspection: but note renders can and do contain real people rendered in to make them appear real.

HOK-ARTIC-Anaheim-Regional-Transportatio (this photo very well may be a rendering, it has many "problems" associated with rendering and "smoothing algorithm" we don't usually see from regular camera photos. it has "jaggies" on tilted lines too - which improperly made rendererings have issues with)

Posted by: 6kn4t ()
Date: February 13, 2019 11:27AM

20130605__ssjm0606railbid1.jpg?w=400 (admitted renering)

Posted by: 2rfgrer ()
Date: February 13, 2019 11:28AM

470_TampaHSR.jpg (FL hs rail - RENDERING)

Posted by: BUSTED !!!!!! ()
Date: February 13, 2019 11:30AM

d48b51a27bdf853fe15dc30814b667c9.jpg

fucking democrats are using the anaheim train station as a high class bar and grill

Posted by: 32rg ()
Date: February 13, 2019 11:31AM

2010_02_sapsan.0.jpg (Korean HSR, NOT a rendering, real)

Posted by: gyped ()
Date: February 13, 2019 11:36AM

150423212044-maglev-train-2-full-169.jpg

not all hsr in asia or around the world are "the same". look carefully here you'll see this train is "not very tall", you cannot stand up inside it.

Date: February 13, 2019 11:42AM

other clues it's a rendering:

(1) top guy on escalator looks generic somehow

(2) not all lines have same jagginess. photoshop "could" use an algo that produces jaggies but JPEG does not do that, and it's the standard for a reason.

(3) the background (look through glass into distant city) is suspiciously "washed out" (no buildings, no construction, etc). it is a rendering technique done to speed up rendering to insure nothing in the background takes long to render, and no models need be included - just "wash it out with brightness and generic shape" no one will notice. (except us!)

Date: February 13, 2019 11:46AM

(4) there is a single, clean, "sun reflection", pretty round.

why it might be a real photo: if an algo was chosen to reduce image size while highlighting structure (preserving the lines of the structure while sacrificing other things)

i think it is a rendering made before it was open - which taxpayers paid to have made, but there again it is now open and being used as a bar and grill

is there a difference?? YES. MONEY. rendering costs allot of money.

Posted by: CORRECTION ()
Date: February 13, 2019 11:51AM

correction: anaheim DOES have rail leading to the anaheim HSR station HOWEVER ...

anaheim had (low speed) trains before - and it's impossible to tell if the rail is not part of historic rail

Posted by: ttcpc ()
Date: February 13, 2019 11:56AM

* 23 years of funding

* some unfinished bridges in progress

* one unfinished station in pelosi's back yard (san fran)

* on finished building near disney land with WARNINGS:

* there are no train tracks or bridges anywhere near the anheim station but there are similar buildings, ie, the Honda show building. you have to ask if the real purpose of this building was to subsidize a foreign nation to buy it up at much reduced cost later. "called privatizing". it's being used as a bar & grill.

* the anaheim station appears to be connected to LOW SPEED historic rail - meaning ads showing the station completed-ness are showing progress from a different historic period

upy1115_anaheim_101905_01.jpg

Posted by: 6tehb ()
Date: February 13, 2019 12:07PM

Interesting that the fires are exactly where the high speed rail is ... Nancy Pelosi's Husband got a One Billion Dollar contract to tear down old...

http://sbynews.blogspot.com/2017/01/dianne-feinsteins-husband-wins-near.html

democrats need illegals to outpopulate denizens to stay out of jail, imho

Posted by: nutgh ()

Corr4.jpg

Posted by: renderign ()

rendering, it's NOT REAL

Posted by: hkh4k ()
Date: February 13, 2019 12:10PM

“We’ll fight it," Pelosi said. "We expect we’ll have the funding for high-speed rail. We’re very pleased with the California budget and the assured stream of revenue.”

Then Pelosi said: "that Trump wall is a HUGE waste of money"

huge waste? it's a cheap wall of military surplus.

HUGE WASTE is Pelosi's projects that "aren't being widely advertised"

Posted by: e34yk ()
Date: February 13, 2019 12:12PM

California, an anti-gun state, but calls it's train "THE BULLET TRAIN". Why? It's a threat to go kill yourself if you cross democrats on the issue. Democrats threaten the public frequently and often in the media to threaten them not to use legal recourse (ie, prison for pelosi).

Posted by: hejfe ()
Date: February 13, 2019 12:16PM

Anyone else sick of asia having TENS OF HIGH SPEED RAIL PROJECTS being built or completed while USA struggles to open a bar & grill for 23 years of payments?

MAGA

Posted by: udne3 ()
Date: February 13, 2019 12:40PM

The California High Speed Rail Authority had estimated the full line would have cost $77 billion to complete.

In 2008, California voters approved the issuance of $9 billion in bonds for high speed rail in Proposition 1A,[28] a measure to construct the initial segment of the network.

IS FAKE NEWS. but if everyone keeps parrotting it you may actually find 77 billion missing because "it's easy to steal if everyone has accepted it's gone"

WIKIPEDIA

On January 28, 2010, the White House announced that California would receive $2.25 billion for California High Speed Rail. Over the course of 2010 and 2011, the federal government awarded the Authority a further $4 billion in high-speed rail funding

In June 2014 state legislators and Governor Jerry Brown agreed to apportion the state's annual cap-and-trade funds so that 25% goes to high speed rail.[33] The state's Legislative Analyst's Office estimated that cap-and-trade income in 2015 and 2016 could total $3.7 billion, of which $925 million would be allocated to HSR.[34] The LAO's predictions were proven incorrect in its own revised report dated May 26, 2016, "State auction revenue will be about $1.8 billion in 2015-16" due to a weak May 2016 auction.

(HOWEVER - WIKPEDIA IS NOT TO BE TRUSTED. THE PROJECT BEGAN IN 1996 and we know that free skeletons didn't work the project up util 2010. significant moneys are not mentioned: but none the less the $77 Billion number is proposed not missing. per say)

Posted by: wikipedia dispersed this datum ()
Date: February 13, 2019 12:41PM

"voters in 2008 and included a $9-billion bond to begin construction on the initial leg of the network"

Posted by: clpjt ()
Date: February 13, 2019 12:43PM

"Anaheim (ARTIC Station) Anaheim Existing, modifications neede. unknown completion date."

wikipedia says the anaheim station is "not yet ready for train business"

Posted by: ywpnt ()
Date: February 13, 2019 12:44PM

fucking democrats are using the anaheim train station as a high class bar and grill

will likely privatize the building sell it to a chinese auto maker?

Posted by: elsewhere on the blue ball ()
Date: February 13, 2019 01:00PM

Hong Kong has articles complaining their HSR (actually built) was wasteful in that the same money spent elsewhere would have been wiser.

Posted by: wfdv ()
Date: February 14, 2019 02:32AM

dfss

Posted by: Dtcyx ()
Date: February 14, 2019 06:07AM

The governor added that while the bullet train would no longer connect San Francisco and Los Angeles, as first envisioned, the state would still continue “phase one” of the project between the rural towns of Bakersfield and Merced. “I know that some critics will say this is a ‘train to nowhere,'” he said. “But that’s wrong and offensive.”

Newsom added that the state had to continue the project if it wanted to keep the federal funds it had taken: “I am not interested in sending $3.5 billion in federal funding that was allocated to this project back to Donald Trump.”

Posted by: 7hxyx ()
Date: February 18, 2019 04:34PM

again: this has real connections to california pedestrian bridge

corrupt from the start

where are the rails, the trains?

1 station on an older existing rail? absurd!!!

Posted by: Kcjv3 ()
Date: February 18, 2019 09:28PM

Colter: So, my friends, this was a joke from the start, and the only people who benefited were the countries that bought our debt to fund it and the consultants who lined their pockets selling this as a panacea for congested roads.

Posted by: F6k49 ()
Date: February 18, 2019 10:05PM

Green new deal

Posted by: Mkuvd ()
Date: February 20, 2019 07:44AM

Posted by: Mewmp ()
Date: February 20, 2019 08:08AM

Feds just saved 1 billion

Posted by: Wrong solution wrong problem ()
Date: February 20, 2019 09:23AM

High speed rail is a long term investment in interurban transportation and development. Where it exists it serves these purposes well. High speed rail is not a short term solution to urban and suburban traffic congestion. It is far too expensive and inefficient for that. Yet frequently advocates of high speed rail try to sell it as a way to deal with our current automobile congestion messes.

Posted by: CHINA Laughs at You Niggers!!! ()
Date: February 20, 2019 09:29AM

LOL. Fucking Loser Niggers and White Niggers!!
Attachments:
8D08F939-0586-4D40-BA7E-A171D977FD7E.png
0E4C5714-D960-495F-B6F5-E91CE29371A8.jpeg
73BF90B3-BB2C-497A-B4F6-6DBFB9A009A5.jpeg

Posted by: 43rgfe ()
Date: May 23, 2019 07:51AM

f

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.