HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Six years ago, President Barack Obama promised to buy a Chevy Volt after his presidency
Posted by: Obama Motors ()
Date: November 27, 2018 11:54AM

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2018/11/26/watch-six-years-ago-obama-promised-to-buy-a-chevy-volt-now-it-is-dead/

The Obama failure continues...

“I got to get inside a brand-new Chevy Volt fresh off the line,” Obama announced to a cheering crowd of United Auto Workers activists. “Even though Secret Service wouldn’t let me drive it. But I liked sitting in it. It was nice. I’ll bet it drives real good. And five years from now when I’m not president anymore, I’ll buy one and drive it myself.”

Now it looks like Obama will not get his chance to make good on the promise. General Motors announced Monday that it would cease production of the hybrid electric plug-in Volt and its gas-powered sister car the Cruze. The announcement came as part of a larger restructuring by the car company as it seeks to focus production around the bigger vehicles in favor with U.S. consumers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Six years ago, President Barack Obama promised to buy a Chevy Volt after his presidency
Posted by: dnku9 ()
Date: November 27, 2018 12:00PM

i'm ramming your article and heisting it for my alternate purposes !

the Volt was set forth to keep stock prices up

for anyone that studied in the Volt was doomed to fail unless GM came up with un-heard of physics

WHY: because all the patents had already been filed and GM was last in line. their design, without buying prohibitively expensive ford / toyota patents, had no chance of competing

WHY: electric cars need batteries. batteries require MANUFACTURING PLANTS (ie, not outsourced) and two: ownership of land that contains lithium to mine (ie, not buying lithium at market price, getting it at below price)

if you don't have the right to build a battery plant (patented by others) and don't own any lithium: your screwed

not my idea - it was common news in the late 90's / early 2000's that electric cars were so expensive government subsidy was required to "sell them" and news in 2000's the companies that would win had strategy that went far beyond assembling chinese imported parts

Re: Six years ago, President Barack Obama promised to buy a Chevy Volt after his presidency
Posted by: hudp9 ()
Date: November 27, 2018 12:04PM

Obama also offered USA a soap opera that USA couldn't manufacture solar.

Infact USA was the first major manufacturer of solar (for satellite btw), and has countless patents concerning.

OBAMA was covering for the chinese who are not paying usa patents and exporting china made solar panels: for a price. OBAMA'S story was to falsely educate Millenials that china was ahead in solar and USA hadn't yet made a first factory. All lies Obama, all lies

Posted by: eydxn ()
Date: November 27, 2018 12:13PM

the issue here isn't if friendly china gets some usa sales

the issue here is you walk in to the only store in your area, it's always a walmart or homedepot: AND IT SEEMS EVERYTHING IS MADE IN CHINA

it's not a fear it already happened

(walmart and homedepot pledged to put some "made in usa" products on their shelves and they did - but still mostly everything is made in china and it's extremely difficult or impossible to go to homedepot with the idea of buying american: you have no choice, NY,NY and CA decides this for you)

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.