HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Health Care premiums. Do you and your employer share the cost, employer pays all, or do you pay all? Also, how much?
Posted by: cdpcp ()
Date: May 18, 2018 12:31PM

Fed worker here that has BC/BS Plan 104 and paying $113/pay period.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Health Care premiums. Do you and your employer share the cost, employer pays all, or do you pay all? Also, how much?
Posted by: Senior Project Manager ()
Date: May 18, 2018 12:37PM

My company already paid for the employee while the employee had to cover the cost for the family. However, now that Trump eliminated Obamacare and premiums have come down and the tax cuts have kicked in saving companies an amazing amount of money, my company has decided to pay for everybody's family. That's about 2500 people.

Re: Health Care premiums. Do you and your employer share the cost, employer pays all, or do you pay all? Also, how much?
Posted by: Idiot ()
Date: May 18, 2018 12:50PM

Senior Project Manager Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My company already paid for the employee while the
> employee had to cover the cost for the family.
> However, now that Trump eliminated Obamacare and
> premiums have come down and the tax cuts have
> kicked in saving companies an amazing amount of
> money, my company has decided to pay for
> everybody's family. That's about 2500 people.

Obamacare is still around and the premiums are about the same.

Posted by: WIks ()
Date: May 18, 2018 12:51PM

Full covered medical and dental. I do have to pay any co-pay or above what insurance doesn't cover. Usually, my insurance covers everything.

Dental if I want veneers or cosmetics done like teeth whitening then I have to pay.

Date: May 18, 2018 12:55PM

Idiot Wrote:
> Senior Project Manager Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > My company already paid for the employee while
> the
> > employee had to cover the cost for the family.
> > However, now that Trump eliminated Obamacare
> and
> > premiums have come down and the tax cuts have
> > kicked in saving companies an amazing amount of
> > money, my company has decided to pay for
> > everybody's family. That's about 2500 people.
>
>
> Obamacare is still around and the premiums are
> about the same.

Nobody participates in it anymore though because it's too expensive and Trump eliminated the unconstitutional mandate that taxed young people. The insurance scam is dead.

Posted by: Works for me ()
Date: May 18, 2018 12:58PM

Obamacare is working great for me.

Posted by: whpxm ()
Date: May 18, 2018 01:14PM

you likely won't need "real surgeory" (unless your an alcoholic) until you have heart disease or renal failure conditions

at this time you'll learn that %20 AC, for $1,000,000 work, means your bankrupt and all that insurance money payment was for NOTHING: the insurance company takes everything you worked for in life - laughing at all those little payments

the general practitioner care you get is often not needed, not of value, precautionary*

* ie, if you get yellow eyes you can look that up on the internet: but you probably won't: not of great value care

Date: May 18, 2018 01:14PM

Works for me Wrote:
> Obamacare is working great for me.

You are still on Medicaid. Obama just changed the name.

Posted by: upvnv ()
Date: May 18, 2018 01:15PM

%20 AC means surgeory is not covered by the plan: dumb ass

Posted by: Cost keeps going up ()
Date: May 18, 2018 01:29PM

starting in 2007 we offered our to pay up to $1,500 per month towards full time employee health, vision and dental insurance for themselves and family. Now that amount won't even cover the cost of self only coverage.

Posted by: I am my employer ()
Date: May 18, 2018 01:34PM

So I pay all of it.

And it sucks.

My boss is an asshole.

Posted by: county worker ()
Date: May 18, 2018 01:50PM

cdpcp Wrote:
> Fed worker here that has BC/BS Plan 104 and paying
> $113/pay period.

I have a similar plan at the county and am paying 63 dollars every two weeks for employee plus one and another 11 dollars for kick-ass dental coverage. You must have family coverage I guess.

Posted by: cdpcp ()
Date: May 18, 2018 02:56PM

county worker Wrote:
> cdpcp Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Fed worker here that has BC/BS Plan 104 and
> paying
> > $113/pay period.
>
> I have a similar plan at the county and am paying
> 63 dollars every two weeks for employee plus one
> and another 11 dollars for kick-ass dental
> coverage. You must have family coverage I guess.

Unfortunately, no, this is self-only for me.

Posted by: 3mdb3 ()
Date: May 19, 2018 10:25AM

$1,500 / mo. is 3x what is needed for house food clothing spending money and insurance for a hooker in some other country.

Posted by: eedph ()
Date: May 19, 2018 10:28AM

basically if your not rich you need %0 AC to cover "emergency care", HOWEVER, if your not rich you MAY NOT BE ABLE TO AFFORD %0 AC. if your paying for %10 or %20 AC (typical) and you get, say, a broken arm fixed without paying much: the fact is the bill is very high but you paid for it

broken arm / cast used to cost $150 to $300, maybe up to $400 with xray and having the doctor remove the cast too.

Posted by: vvkeu ()
Date: May 19, 2018 10:38AM

Bill Clinton KILLED HEALTHCARE

clinton.gov made rules that insurers "had to cover ____". ____ grew. The worst is that HEALTHCARE became a gambling house of anybody wins most everyone looses.

clinton.gov, by forcing insurers to cover people who "did not pay in much" or "who could not continue to pay in", cause healthcare to become an un-reputable crooked gambling house

clinton.gov also put in laws that ill people could "join" and get care immediately. also let illegal alien doctors operate on USA grant money: and these doctors lie for funding and lie about medical statuses for certain people.

It was the case you "invested" in a fund which was used toward your future care and the longer you invested the less your (expensive incident) costed. It was also a gamble. If you were deemed healthy and had an incident you might get your expensive payout despite that you hadn't paid in. (like auto accident insurance)

But Bill Clinton.gov demanded insurers cover the ill and the poor. Insurers were "forced" to allow smokers and diseased persons to buy healthcare at same price as healthy people. Insurers had to cover people who hadn't paid in or who wouldn't be able to keep paying in (ie, job loss due to injury).

The whole thing (insured health care) was argued as a scam that would raise prices by the American Medical Association.

The reason why is because it was NOT designed to cover doctor bills or to pay back doctor bills at a measure pace.

Posted by: mjwvy ()
Date: May 19, 2018 10:43AM

clinton.gov was actually allowing demcorats to steal the past value, the bank account, of past medical payments

take your "great depression era parents" like mine. they paid in and continued to pay

but when "all gov workers" can get in and get care quick then stop paying or switch providers OR "being gov, make special deals" (without being sued by the insurer for leaving before they are paid up), that RUINS THE PAST VALUE AND CONTRACT OF THOSE WHO HAD PAID UP, NOT HAD SERIOUS SURGEORY, AND COULD KEEP PAYING

IT WAS HUGE THEFT - JUST LIKE THE "GREAT IRA SCANDAL OF 2008"

with clinton.gov care: you can get expensive care then "JUST CHOOSE TO LEAVE WITHOUT BEING SUED". it effectively is re-distribution of wealth

Posted by: cyxkw ()
Date: May 19, 2018 10:54AM

* the problem now is too many middle managers and doctors pay is kept artificially high by government bailouts of "health insurers" due to congress's deals with certain companies

the system doesn't work because it doesn't have to actually pay, and never has to eat losses. it continually harasses the poor (and tows away cars of) who get covered but because gov pay is artificially high they are deemed "always paid".

it is a PICKED WINNER SYSTEM but also a GAMBLE

Posted by: KJ7ED ()
Date: May 19, 2018 10:57AM

doctors benefit from "pooling together" for sharing equipment and buildings

they are smart enough to do it without a company doing it for them

and if they were to outsource that work (though there are plenty of doctors who would not - who want that extra $ and don't have that extra patient), the outsourced company would be slave to doctors (they'd have to compete at all levels: building lease cost, equipment cost (doctors would no doubt own and do this anyway), cleaning person contracts, organizing meetings cost, etc)

Posted by: 763dp ()
Date: May 19, 2018 11:04AM

George Bush kicked Bill Clinton healthcare in the ass with new costs.

People got FREE CARE if the care was "deemed by doctors to be life or death"

this means hospitals waited until the poor were near dead instead of using welfare to avoid major care wisely: then gave them $$$$$ care - which often still leaves a person in deathly condition (just delayed death)

PART 2 of george bush changes meant

the poor could walk in and get ANY (and i mean any) care by walking into an "emergency room". but bill collectors could sue the person / seize cars and homes / harass them to get them to pay. but could not refuse the care

this was humanitarian. i had a friend who had a gross injury from auto (totally dislocated shoulder) that hospitals had refused care of under clinton. it was just sad knowing the person walked around with gross disfigurement and couldn't work to get it paid due to it.

the problem: though part 2 is humanitarian it is also subject to abuse. because neither the patient or doctor bartered for care using their own money or credit

whenever it is communist care - the prices will be outragous

Posted by: nn6bl ()
Date: May 19, 2018 11:07AM

PART 2 of Obama care meant government could run it's own insurance company. it also meant the poor could not protest prices by refusing to join

in democrat DNC areas, employees were THREATED to use "gov insurer choice" or given only one choice

also: membership was not optional (this is good and bad: good only if the insurer isn't a pack of criminals BUT THEY ARE)

Posted by: jvvwj ()
Date: May 19, 2018 11:10AM

MY POINT:

you can be forced to pay in for %0 AC emergency care, nothing more, by older laws. that's taxes. it's like being forced to pay for a fire department.

the United States Supreme Court is simply corrupt

they made it law that the mob can force payments on a %20 AC plan which is just GAMBLING and PICKED WINNERS

Posted by: nucyn ()
Date: May 19, 2018 11:18AM

here's what else obama.gov / clinton.gov allows:

illegal alien nurses working at gov facilities on "gov pay" (way too much) who do NOTHING BUT TAKE BLOOD PRESSURE and bill out for "medical services", they get a townhouse, car, family, and gov 2x bills so politicians get a cut

(it used to be that only yuppies could afford townhouses, and the yuppies who could has masters degrees in valued positiions like providing chemical lab service for the whole county)

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.